| Date: 19-04-24  Time: 22:43 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Superlative Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels by saqibkhan
[Today at 22:30:34]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Khm
[August 08, 2023, 21:42:27 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 209
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Search

Author Topic: SAPD - Suggestions for a better department  (Read 6212 times)

Offline Gregory Parker

• Citizen
  • Inactive.
    • Skype - younes.ar1
  • Badge-ID: #134
SAPD - Suggestions for a better department
« on: April 13, 2018, 12:58:06 pm »
Hello everyone,

Recently the situation with the SAPD has gone bad and the department is barely catching activity and it's members are barely having any fun while playing. The game started getting boring, the fun started to go away.

Today we'd like to collect ideas from the SAPD members,  freecops and civilians. Your ideas could help the department and even the server to get better, a better environment for everyone and more fun!
  • If you had the power to change something, what would it be and why? What would you add, do or remove from SAPD to make it more enjoyable?
  • If you were in SAPD (or are in SAPD), what would you want to see and what would you expect from the department? What changes do you wish to see happening?

Your opinion matters, and by your help, we can make the game enjoyable again and for everyone, whether they're members of the department or not.

Cast your opinion and let us see your ideas!

LCPD Medal of Valor ~2017

January, 2017 - Officer of the month (SAPD)

[SAMP]Ex- SAPD Chief [IV:MP] Ex-LCPD Deputy Chief  (#CL7335) [IVMP] Ex-CIU Inspector.
Serving since: 2014
(2014-2018)

Offline Dimos

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Dimos.
  • IV:MP: Dimos_Gatsby
Re: SAPD - Suggestions for a better department
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2018, 13:20:17 pm »
I will like to more ofense shooting training and tactis so official learn how to cover or shoot proper or even weapon transfer or prisoner trafer and make even tsiopelakos with public like rs4

Offline Bruce`

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2018, 13:41:51 pm »
--Punish people from being lazy f**ks and "stealing" someone else's cruiser.
--Close every discord server related to SAPD. It is very retarded to not stay in game but sit on discord playing something else and waiting for someone to call backup.
--Start using teamspeak again when on duty. Force SAPD members to patrol with voice chat as well.
--People have too much of a freedom on using special vehicles.
--Remove heavy air vehicles. Shamal is good enough. Heavy air is being using as a transporting vehicles by certain "people".

Offline JackDockz

• [IV:MP] Fuckin' Media!
  • Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2018, 14:23:41 pm »
SAPD was the only enjoyable thing in SAMP for me when I started playing SAMP. It still is cool but the feeling that SAPD is underpowered most of the times was bad.
I played during times when most Command Staff was inactive. This sometimes was enjoyable but during this time,crime rate was damn high. And often we lost. I died just way too many times because I ran around with a Glock infront on people with serious automatic weapons. It took away my interest from actually interacting with criminals.

Also, I tried to RP as a cop rather than just tsing people or killing goons. But I didn't always find the same response from the opposite side. Most of the shit I did as SAPD ended up with DM. I hate that. Criminals are like if a lone cop tryna rp then yo shoot him up.

Yes

--Close every discord server related to SAPD. It is very retarded to not stay in game but sit on discord playing something else and waiting for someone to call backup.

Did you see my post at the Field Operations Bureau Board?

--Start using teamspeak again when on duty. Force SAPD members to patrol with voice chat as well.

f**k No.

What does this mean?

--Remove heavy air vehicles. Shamal is good enough. Heavy air is being using as a transporting vehicles by certain "people".

This makes sense. But its about SAPD not STAR. SAPD only has Choppers to fly around. We can use State shamals but we need permission.

And lastly, SAPD needs active people who actually want to RP. Its the truth. No RP= No Fun.

Offline Gregory Parker

• Citizen
  • Inactive.
    • Skype - younes.ar1
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2018, 15:09:30 pm »
I will like to more ofense shooting training and tactis so official learn how to cover or shoot proper or even weapon transfer or prisoner trafer and make even tsiopelakos with public like rs4

We are doing our best to get this happening, and hopefully at some point we'd have regular trainings happening.

Already handled.

You're not supposed to use SAPD discord to call for backup at the moment, just like the rules within the server say. Only STAR and SWAT has it's own and that cannot be changed.

This is correct, I tried everytime to get players on teamspeak while patrolling, but we can't just force it. We're looking for a way to gain members, and if we do the above, it won't work.. we'd rather lose more..

Can you elaborate on this please?

That wouldn't work. HeavyAir is not going to be removed because it's beneficial for the SAPD at this stage, with how state of criminality has become.

As for abusing HeavyAir, they should be dealt with instead of removing the system. Should you see someone abusing HeavyAir, report him to SAPD Command (or even server administration if rules were broken).

[SAMP]Ex- SAPD Chief [IV:MP] Ex-LCPD Deputy Chief  (#CL7335) [IVMP] Ex-CIU Inspector.
(2014-2018)

Offline James Moretti

• [SA:MP] Retired Lieutenant
  • Citizen
  • Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.
  • SA-MP: James_Moretti
  • IV:MP: Dean_Callaghan
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2018, 15:11:47 pm »
fire bruce ofc
Former
SAPD Lieutenant | FBI Director

LIEUTENANT  JAMES MORETTI
Counter Terrorism & Special Operations Bureau
S.W.A.T.
K9 Handler

Offline Bruce`

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 15:37:31 pm »
fire bruce ofc
Get lost.

As for younes's replies ill do that later as i am currently on the phone and it aint easy to quote stuff.

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 15:47:57 pm »
If things are still the same as I remember when I was a Cadet in SAPD.. Then reform that boring ass academy.
Honestly, having to have some "INSTRUCTOR" copy-paste the exact same shit I read in the material when preparing is annoying, boring and demotivating.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline Bruce`

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 17:34:21 pm »
You're not supposed to use SAPD discord to call for backup at the moment, just like the rules within the server say. Only STAR and SWAT has it's own and that cannot be changed.
Yes, no one is supposed to use SAPD discord to call for backup but everyone does it. And it shouldn't happen because it is reducing the officers activity time.

This is correct, I tried everytime to get players on teamspeak while patrolling, but we can't just force it. We're looking for a way to gain members, and if we do the above, it won't work.. we'd rather lose more..
How exactly will making officers to join voice chatting loose more officers? It should be a demand to be honest.

Can you elaborate on this please?
Yes, I can. There are certain vehicle that are being used just to go somewhere faster and stuff like that. It has to come to a stop.

That wouldn't work. HeavyAir is not going to be removed because it's beneficial for the SAPD at this stage, with how state of criminality has become.
It might be beneficial for the SAPD but it is not for the server. Those kind of vehicles and the heavy explosive weaponry should start being removed as they do not cause anything other then mass DM and massive moaning towards and by the police.

As for abusing HeavyAir, they should be dealt with instead of removing the system. Should you see someone abusing HeavyAir, report him to SAPD Command (or even server administration if rules were broken).
I have done that a few weeks back and nothing happened. Will it continue to be like that? Heavy air should be way more strict and not deploy just because there is a weed field and fly above it with the hope that someone will shoot it. The current HA regulations are not strict at all.

Offline Gregory Parker

• Citizen
  • Inactive.
    • Skype - younes.ar1
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 22:55:36 pm »
We are still looking for public's input. Cast your opinion if you'd like to see the department change and how you think it could be better!

(2014-2018)

Offline Chase_Greggor

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 07:54:03 am »
Enforce the "new" rules of engagement across the board, even for recruits. Specifically, the part that states you cannot use deadly force on an unarmed suspect, even if they are fleeing (on foot). I've seen many recruits shoot and kill unarmed suspects who flee on foot, but no one really tends to say anything about it. I understand they don't have a taser, but they should keep pursuing and call for someone with a taser. Hinder their path, beat them with nitestick or spray them if you can get close to them, but don't resort to shooting them unless they become a deadly threat.

Offline Francisco Martinez

• Citizen
    • Skype - cozinheirosueco
  • Badge-ID: #139
  • SA-MP: Morais
« Reply #11 on: May 10, 2018, 20:28:10 pm »
Enforce the "new" rules of engagement across the board, even for recruits. Specifically, the part that states you cannot use deadly force on an unarmed suspect, even if they are fleeing (on foot). I've seen many recruits shoot and kill unarmed suspects who flee on foot, but no one really tends to say anything about it. I understand they don't have a taser, but they should keep pursuing and call for someone with a taser. Hinder their path, beat them with nitestick or spray them if you can get close to them, but don't resort to shooting them unless they become a deadly threat.

Kinda hard when there are 3 cops online being 1 afk one not speaking proper English and the person itself. If the suspect even unarmed represents a threat to others i.e. getting in a vehicle which could cause an accident or death of civilians, starts assaulting people, etc it should be shot down nonetheless after the warnings and running out of options.
SAPD members should priorize roleplay and attempt to discuss when a situation happen. Coming with weapon drawn and aiming at everyone won't be tolerated.
Knowing is not enough; We must apply
Willing is not enough; We must do..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal