| Date: 19-03-24  Time: 09:16 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Khm
[August 08, 2023, 21:42:27 pm]

VCPD | Hall of Fame by Huntsman
[July 21, 2023, 00:25:01 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 35
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: San Andreas Police Department | Keybind Guide  (Read 9099 times)

Offline David Gonzalez

• If you think people are inherently good, you get rid of the police for 24 hours - see what happens - Sylvester Stallone
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: A105
San Andreas Police Department | Keybind Guide
« on: June 18, 2015, 19:29:02 pm »

San Andreas Police Department
    KeyBind Guide

So recently there's been a new change to the old rule that stated that key-bind's were not allowed to be used in Argonath, and in this case, SA:MP.
    On the 17/06/2015 the HQ team of the SA:MP server decided to remove that rule allowing back key-binds and with this a hole new side that people are unaware appeared.

The keybinder can be used for roleplay as it is much easier to type stuff out, for example:

- Keybinders can be used to describe your character, make roleplay commands, such as, unholstering your weapon, for example:
    • Pedro would be wearing an LSPD uniform with a Supervisory Sergeant badge, SWAT Patch, SAPD Academy Patch and would look to be around 24 Y/O, White male, 6' and around 185 LBS.
    • unholsters his glock 22 from the holster as he flipps the safety OFF.

- They also give you the ability to type stuff faster, for example, if you're in a pursuit, and you need to warn the driver to stop, without you stopping to type /s2 or /s3, you can simple assign one hotkey that it would type it for you, for example: LSPD - Stop and surrender now! . This will reduce the time you take to type /s2 and you can keep on pursuit

What is a Key-binder?
    A key-binder is a program that allows you to perform certain commands or phrases with a simple press of a key or button.

What Key-Binder do we recommend?
    AutoHotkey

How to install it?
    • First download and install the program that you can find here.
    • On the third window of the installation process you need to have "Main program" marked or it wont install Autohotkey for you.
    • Just complete the rest of the installation like you would with another program.
    • Once you are done with your installation run the Autohotkey.exe when you start the Autohotkey.exe there should pop up a green icon on your taskbar.
    • Right click it and chose ''Edit this script'', now a notepad documents should appear, there should be some texts on it, delete them, once the notepad is clear thats where you will write your key-bind script.

How to make a simple script for the AutoHotkey?

Let's say you want to make a simple /me , like /me twists the key's of the vehicle turning on the engine
    [/list]
    Code: [Select]
    Key:: Sendinput t/me twists the key's of the vehicle turning on the engine{enter}
    The ''Key'' You should place the key you want, for example i want it CTRL+E i would place ''^'' and E so it would look like:
    ^e:: Sendinput t/me twists the key's of the vehicle turning on the engine{enter}
    Now let's say you want something to type like you want to be able to type /MP5 on the SA:MP chat and it would say, /me swings his MP5 cocking the bolt., that's also possible!
    :?:t/mp5::{enter}t/me swings his MP5 cocking the bolt{enter}And so on, this tool makes it so you can not only use key-binds but also written commands!

Now on the top we have described our self this is also easy to make, but we have to make it into two lines
    Numpad5::
    {
    SendInput t/em *Celso Williams would be wearing an LSPD uniform with a Sergeant badge, SWAT/TRU Patch, SAPD Academy Patch.*                                                                     {enter}
    sendinput t/em *and would look to be around 26 Y/O, White male, 6' and around 190 LBS, fit build.*                                                                                               {enter}
    }
    In this case we chose ''Numpad5'' to be the ''KEY''

Now some CMD's.
    Never place a ! in your key-bind this may make your game crash, instead use {!} it's basically a ! as well but without the crashing!

^ - CTRL

For Numpad number use on the ''Key'' - Numpad1 / Numpad2 etc....

{enter} Should be at the end of any key-bind so it will forward it automatically.

! - If you type it on ''KEY'' it means ALT, you can also make it ''!e'' so it's basically ALT+E.

Signed,
    Lieutenant Cipone.
    Sergeant Williams

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Offline David Gonzalez

• If you think people are inherently good, you get rid of the police for 24 hours - see what happens - Sylvester Stallone
    • Citizen
    • Badge-ID: A105
    Re: San Andreas Police Department - Keybind Guide
    « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 00:49:19 am »
    Updated with download link (old link didn't seem to work)

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal