| Date: 19-04-24  Time: 19:19 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Khm
[August 08, 2023, 21:42:27 pm]

VCPD | Hall of Fame by Huntsman
[July 21, 2023, 00:25:01 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 199
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Blast off  (Read 4389 times)

Offline Charles F. Offdensen

• Citizen
    • Skype - messier62
  • Badge-ID: #CL4964
Blast off
« on: September 12, 2016, 20:47:05 pm »
Hello everyone!

As you all know, my activity is rather low these days. Or, more accurately, it's non-existant. I've disappeared from first the game, then the forums and Skype for the past few weeks. The reasons behind this are mostly my real life tasks which have been cumulating for the past months, if not the entire year. These issues are primarly school, work, my personal life and also some medical conditions in the family which have become increasingly burdening in the last year.

Due to all this, I decided to finalise the decision I already made as far back as last year's September. This is a combined resignation and good-bye letter as I will be around even less than I am now thanks to the stuff mentioned above. I simply cannot afford having another task to take care of at this point, and in the same way, the department cannot afford having an almost completely inactive leader. I've been pretty much out of touch anyway recently, and I did not even actively participate in the projects laid out and executed by the rest of the command staff (huge thanks to you guys for keeping things running), I was more like an observer who said a few words here and there or took a decision when necessary.

My inactivity has had impact on many things and aspects inside the department and I believe that if I was active and available, some of the things that happened wouldn't have happened at all, or would have a much lower effect. Which is, in the end, my job: keep things secure and running at one hundred percent. When my inactivity crossed the line, I became unsuitable for the position of a leader and an overseer.

So, yeah, you've seen my reasons and I dare you to question whether it really is the right decision or not. Take it as a final command or something. :razz:

Now a bit of nostalgy and thank yous...
I'd like to thank everyone who helped me as the Chief, who backed me up, who never let me down and so on and on. My very special thanks go to those who serve or have at some point of my reign served in the command staff. Without you, I'd not be able to do anything at all.
A large amount of gratitude goes to the regular LCPD staff, past or current. You are the backbone of the department and you do your job in an excellent way. I'm proud of you guys.

It's been 5 long years since I joined the LCPD and I've met dozens of amazing fellows, made good friends, found some really dedicated people and finally, I've learnt so much during these 5 years. I learnt what responsibility is, I improved my English knowledge, I discovered the meaning of loyalty and dedication, learnt a thing or two about leading and teaching people... Argonath and especially the LCPD have changed my perception of many things and the years were totally worth it.

Many have passed by in the LCPD, some stayed for a shorter time, some have remained for years. Some did their jobs better than others and some were slacking, yet the department was one happy family and I'm really proud we've never had any form of annoying bureaucracy and instead put effort into our personal relations. This is something I've been trying to maintain most of all, the friendly spirit.

I think I've done my part, changed a lot of stuff to better and hopefully none to worse, and now it's time to move on. I hope I leave behind something that people can sort of look up to and keep improving it. I believe the LCPD will have it's second "golden era" soon enough.

A few special words of gratitude go to these people:

George MacHawk, who built this department almost alone and taught me how to be a good cop and team player.
Mihail Junkovich, who served with me all the time and who became my most trusted advisor and also a good friend.
Crypto, first guy ever to offer me a promotion, heh.
Thomas Crof, guy was fun to patrol with.
Twenty, for doing stuff with intensity and dedication known to no other man.
Younes, a guy who built up a division out of nowhere and does a great job developing it and the department.
Ivan Cipone, one of the best friends I've met here. I'm sorry Ivan, you know what for.
Yoske and ogisa, brothers who have served to their best in the LCPD and were really nice to be around.
Thomas Li and George Jetson, one of the most reliable officers I've seen.
Havok, ayyy, old friend and co-conspirator of mine.
Kevin Parker... for getting us the best cop of 2015 award and keeping the company in a good mood.

Oh and Brian the forum guy for doing various... stuff for me. :D

Special thanks also go to: Ghost, Harzy, Devin Coffey, Osama and Joseph Dukmak, Divine, Ramiro and Anonetex. You are one of the best officers the department has ever had.

Now you are probably asking who's going to take over the department? Due to some internal reasons, it was decided that Twenty will take the position with Younes as a Deputy while Mihail will be transitioned to the rank of Captain. Twenty will also inherit my rank of N.O.O.S.E. Commander. I wish her the best of luck with leading this happy bunch!

So, this is it. Thanks for making the department great. Now go and make it even greater.

Offdensen out. Party time!

Retired Chief of Police and N.O.O.S.E. Commander

Offline DinoKid23

• Citizen
    • Skype - dinokid23
  • SA-MP: hehe xd
Re: Blast off
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 20:53:31 pm »
no shoutouts for maverick xd
take care mister kerbe

Offline Lionel Valdes

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 20:57:52 pm »
Responsible move. You will go down in history as someone who really contributed to both Liberty City and the Liberty City Police Department.

Goodbye friend, good luck. :cop:

LIONEL VALDES
FORMER DEPUTY CHIEF, CHIEF OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

Offline Mihail Junkovich

• Citizen
  • ja volet' sarma
  • Badge-ID: #CL5180
  • IV:MP: Mihail
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 21:19:22 pm »
*a shadowy figure appears for a brief moment*

And on that day
all hell broke loose..
..because Hatan has left us.

Sail Hatan, Sail!

*merges back into the shadows*

Offline Salmonella

• [VC:MP] SWAT Commander
  • Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
  • Badge-ID: #VC0004
  • SA-MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • VC:MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • IV:MP: [AV]Salmonella
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 21:20:36 pm »
My time in the LCPD was short and preceded yours by years, so I've never worked with you. I don't think we even talked, but I was always impressed with what I saw on this forum. I think the LCPD lost one of its greatest chiefs today.

Goodbye and good luck!

Offline Steven S.

• [IV:MP] Deputy Chief
  • Badge-ID: #FF788
  • SA-MP: [TCL]StevenS
  • VC:MP: Jay_Hardway
  • IV:MP: [TCL]StevenS
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 21:56:10 pm »
Well... I have nothing to say, you were a perfect chief. Thinking how much effort did you put in a my single academy training... It's a shame for the activity. You will be missed, sir.

"Another artifact? No. You will stay here. I have seen enough for one life.  -Ezio Auditore"

Offline Mark.

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #MM666
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 23:25:10 pm »
I remember pretty well the first days with you and Havok as freecops, i was just f**king around and you two showed me a great example of how police job should be done, you sure will be missed Kerbe. Take care!

#FREECOP4LYFE

Offline AnoneteX

• Ex NOOSE TRU Commander
  • Citizen
  • [IVMP]
  • Badge-ID: #LC7459
  • IV:MP: TySnowa
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 23:34:05 pm »
  We already talked on skype mate, but anyways.. Our dear department will never be the same without you. You did a great job during the years for LCPD, but you weren't just a great Chief you were also a really good friend to me.
  One thing I will be sorry for is that I disappointed you the first time I joined the department and left just after two months, but as I promised you when I came back, this time I will stay loyal till the end. I will miss you! Stay awesome. ;)

Offline Andrew Banks

• ARPD Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • Badge-ID: #A98
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 23:53:55 pm »
Sail Hatan, it was a pleasure assisting you when you needed me, and it was always fun to have a chat with you.
I will miss you.

Police Commissioner Andrew Banks
United States of Argonath
Argonath Police Department - "To protect and serve"

Offline Skillz

• N.O.O.S.E Commander
  • [IV:MP] Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: CL7580
  • SA-MP: Skillz
  • VC:MP: Skillz
  • IV:MP: Skillz
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2016, 05:35:54 am »
Well Chief it was a great ride and working with you. I wish you all the best in your personal future, I hope it all goes well for you. But we will always remember you as the man who run this Department in a great lead of management. It's still hard to take this in, I think you were far one the legend of this Department and always a role model to your staff and around you Kerbe. I hope we get to talk more and get to work together in the future as part of the LCPD.

*gives chief the final salute*

Skillz: Jack Parker,
Argonath IVMP
LCPD Chief of Police
N.O.O.S.E Commander

Offline James Moretti

• [SA:MP] Retired Lieutenant
  • Citizen
  • Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.
  • SA-MP: James_Moretti
  • IV:MP: Dean_Callaghan
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2016, 06:45:02 am »
 :cry: :cry:
Former
SAPD Lieutenant | FBI Director

LIEUTENANT  JAMES MORETTI
Counter Terrorism & Special Operations Bureau
S.W.A.T.
K9 Handler

Offline Harzy

• [V:MP] LSPD Senior Officer
  • People are educated by their mistakes
  • Badge-ID: #LC7617
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2016, 07:25:53 am »
Thank you for everything you did for the LCPD and N.O.O.S.E. You were the person that I've seen how to take good steps from.

Although, I left the LCPD but, my LCPD spirit will remain there. We had a great period of time with your lead, and it was one hell of a great run.

You were the greatest chief I've known, and you will remain.

*drops a tear as he wipes it and salutes*
Harzy

Ex-LCPD Lieutenant
Ex-LCPD Academy Chief
Ex-N.O.O.S.E CIU Senior Detective

Offline James Conway

• Citizen
  • James_Conway
  • Badge-ID: #LC5273
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 09:00:47 am »
Great speech Kerbe! Good luck to Twenty and Younes and to the whole department.  :cop:

Offline Nick_Smith

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #LC7521
  • IV:MP: Nick_Smith
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 10:15:58 am »
It was a wonderful journey, serving the department on your command,Good luck in your future plans chief.
We will never forget you, Farewell.
*salutes* :cop:

Offline Gregory Parker

• Citizen
  • Inactive.
    • Skype - younes.ar1
  • Badge-ID: #134
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 11:51:02 am »
I don't know how to start this.. I never expected you to resign as a chief, I always thought we can keep such a great chief in our department.

You are the greatest leader that LCPD ever had. Since I joined the department, I couldn't really meet you or talk to you that way since you were the chief, and I thought that an officer wouldn't have the opportunity to talk to a (deputy) chief. But when I saw, you we slowly started to meet each other, and after I started getting promotions, I learnt from you how the great leader should be. You trusted me to get on the Command Staff, and when I got in, you guys kept teaching me how a command staff member can work, and you helped me much to develop my skills. With your help, I developed myself and could do more than what I thought I can do and reach when I applied for LCPD. You have been such a great example for the officers, and especially me. I thank you for all what you have done to me, and especially the department. I wouldn't have reached any position in LCPD without yourhelp. Whatever I can write wouldn't describe how great you were. LCPD will not forget you, and you will really be missed.
Good luck in your future plans, and I hope to see you again in game and maybe in LCPD again.

Farewell, chief.

LCPD Medal of Valor ~2017

January, 2017 - Officer of the month (SAPD)

[SAMP]Ex- SAPD Chief [IV:MP] Ex-LCPD Deputy Chief  (#CL7335) [IVMP] Ex-CIU Inspector.
Serving since: 2014
(2014-2018)

Offline [Rstar]Norrage

• [V:MP] LSPD Officer
  • V:MP: [Rstar]Norrage
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 22:57:32 pm »
Kerbe. Finally I have some time for a kind word to you. I did not think being a chief would give you this busy life :lol:, you were right.

I want to begin the letter with one word: thanks. Thanks for the coorporation, the fun, the medals, the professionalism and the seriousness you have teached me as a chief. We were not working together for that long, but I can say it was long enough for me to get to know you better.

I remember the times back in 2011 when I was a Captain and you just joined the force. 'KerbeRiko' as I saw in the days back then, was full of humor and unprofessionalism. I did not even recognize you at first, and noticed you did not read through the topics very well. After I left, I would have never imagined you as a chief.

But you got chief. A good chief. You gave many members oppertunities to grow, have fun, but act serious at many times. Many random Skype conversations were held, some with humor but some with alot of seriousness. The most recent one whilst we were all being drubk was the most frustrating one. It was hard to see you in that chatter, filled with unbelief.

As said, you teached me leadership, humor, seriousness and professionalism. I will try my best to lead the LCPD life as easy as possible, thinking back at the times with you.

Closing the letter with the same as I began with: thanks.
Est. 29.10.2008 | 05.11.2015

Offline Kevin Parker

• [SA:MP] Ex SWAT Operative [SA:MP] Ex Lead Detective [IV:MP] Ex Lieutenant [IV:MP] Ex NOOSE Operative
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #128
  • SA-MP: [WS]Kevin_Parker
  • IV:MP: [WS]Kevin
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2016, 17:37:47 pm »
You gonna be missed, Kerbe! You forgot to mention how I always got you in trouble with the FBI.  :cop:
Previous Positions (IV:MP):
Ex- Liberty City Police Department Lieutenant
Ex- Tactical Response Unit Operative
Ex- High Speed Unit Commander

Previous Positions (SA:MP):
Los Santos Police Department Lead Detective
Special Weapons And Tactics Operative

Offline [WS]Mike

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
  • Mike Sangelo
  • Badge-ID: #100
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2016, 20:28:18 pm »
Anytime a Chief of Police steps down, they leave behind all of the work it took to get there, the people they have helped transform, and most importantly, the legacy they can be proud of which shaped the culture of the department. All of this is no easy feat, and all you can hope is that the future will be just as bright as the one you left behind. Looking on behalf of an outsider, it is evident that IV:MP has a competent leadership team which will continue on their tradition of excellence into the next generation of policing.

This era in IV:MP's legacy of policing will be looked highly upon for years to come.

I wish you all the best, Kerbe. :donut:

Regards,

Mike
Mike Sangelo
San Andreas Police Department
Retired Chief of Police

2012 - 2015

Offline Ivan.Cipone

• [IV:MP] Retired Captain [IV:MP] Retired Academy Chief [IV:MP] Retired NOOSE Secretary
  • Citizen
  • The first and the last Cipone, serving since 2011
  • Badge-ID: #CL4643
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2016, 21:07:08 pm »
It's been a long journey my friend.
As the song says," We've come a long way, from where we began,,"

I remember as it was yesterday, the two of us eating donuts and messing around back in the day... when we were just a couple of newcommers eager to prove themselves. We had loads of fun and I will forever cherish the memories we experienced and the LCPD. I always knew that you have that something, a special approach towards work and your colleagues. I hope that you achived your goal as I will never forget how you helped me to achive mines.

Thank you for everything

Ivan "Donut" Cipone

P.S. Stay safe and stay in touch on skype, Chef.
Ex - LCPD Academy Chief
Ex - LCPD Captain
Ex - NOOSE Secretary
Ex - DPD Deputy Sheriff
Ex - SFPD Senior Officer
Serving since 2011
Ivan Cipone

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal