| Date: 16-04-24  Time: 13:25 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Khm
[August 08, 2023, 21:42:27 pm]

VCPD | Hall of Fame by Huntsman
[July 21, 2023, 00:25:01 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 102
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: San Andreas Police Department | Q&A  (Read 246415 times)

Offline [R*]Pancher

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]Pancher
San Andreas Police Department | Q&A
« on: August 18, 2008, 23:07:19 pm »
Ideas: If you have any sort of idea for the ARPD (forum ideas, laws adjustments, codes, etc.) just reply and type your idea.

Questions: If you have any concerns or questions about anything related to the ARPD ask her, just reply and type your question.

Inspired by theDevelopers answer: give exampleswe have brought this idea to SAPD due to the misunderstanding and hatches in the ARPD laws and procedures.
As theDevelopers answer: give exampleswe have the same idea to clear the hatches in ARPD laws and procedures that makes Officers confused and Cadets not sure how to act, exampel may be on when u can use different weapons or witch actions u can take in different situation. Do NOT start arguing or start long discussions. We will give an answer to clear situations to prevent the misunderstanding of police work and also minimize the numbers of reports on Units.

Only SAPD Command Staff may reply to situations, questions, or ideas

Signed
-Dpt Chief Pancher

Offline JDC

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Badge-ID: #69420
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • VC:MP: [R*]JDC
  • V:MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • Discord: JDC#0664
Re: SA:MP | State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:42:36 am »
What if I am taking a surrendered suspect to jail, and a deathmatcher freecop who wont listen to any of my appeals and reasons comes to kill my suspect, who then gets scared, for the money and the DM? May I kill the abuser cop to save the suspect from his DM?

(Actually, it happened once when I was taking a man who surrendered to me to the jail. In short, saving suspects from deathmatchers when there are few admins online that are all busy or the like)
Quote from: Gandalf on June 08, 2013, 01:35:37 pm
The most important part is interacting with others and meeting people from around the world.

SA:MP Manager | Officer-In-Charge (OIC), San Andreas State Government | Pope of Argonath
Retired FBI Director (MTA:VC, VC:MP) and Division Chief (SA:MP)

Deuce

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 07:47:25 am »
Situation: Two people are kidnapping one civilian in a compacted area. Several ARPD shows up, along with 2 money-hungry freecops. One freecop marches in with a deagle and shoots both of the kidnappers down right in the middle of talking, totally ruining RP. Then the ARPD officers get pissed off and kill the freecop with uzi's / deagles / whatever, and the ARPD officers get reported.

Question: Who's supposed to be warned here? The freecop who ruined a huge RP situation just to get 600$, or the ARPD officers who killed the freecop because he/she was stupid enough to ignore the orders and ruin an RP situation?

Offline [R*]Pancher

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 17:47:50 pm »
What if I am taking a surrendered suspect to jail, and a deathmatcher freecop who wont listen to any of my appeals and reasons comes to kill my suspect, who then gets scared, for the money and the DM? May I kill the abuser cop to save the suspect from his DM?

(Actually, it happened once when I was taking a man who surrendered to me to the jail. In short, saving suspects from deathmatchers when there are few admins online that are all busy or the like)

What u should do is to report to admins straight away and wait for respons. /report [ID] [REASON]
Try to protect the suspect with ur body or hit DM cop with nitestick to get his attention and try to tell him to NOT kill the suspect in first place. U CANT kill the DM cop to save the suspects life cos it's a rule break witch will be punished by admins.

Offline [R*]Pancher

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 17:55:37 pm »
Situation: Two people are kidnapping one civilian in a compacted area. Several ARPD shows up, along with 2 money-hungry freecops. One freecop marches in with a deagle and shoots both of the kidnappers down right in the middle of talking, totally ruining RP. Then the ARPD officers get pissed off and kill the freecop with uzi's / deagles / whatever, and the ARPD officers get reported.

Question: Who's supposed to be warned here? The freecop who ruined a huge RP situation just to get 300$, or the ARPD officers who killed the freecop because he/she was stupid enough to ignore the orders and ruin an RP situation?

The big Punishment will be given to the "money-hungry freecops" cos they Ruined RP situation (witch is bannabel). The Officer should NOT attack the freecops, They should be better and report to admins straight away.

Hopefully if everyone agrees and still want, u can restart the Kidnapping situations and request and admin to be present if u feel a threat of more "money-hungry freecops".

Offline Tonii_Soprano

• Citizen
  • Teh Nublet
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 18:44:50 pm »
hmm so...

a week or so ago, I was arresting a suspect, I cuffed and Rank/Walk, And I got warned, can we still use /cuff if we are walking distance from LSPD, or has it changed to no /cuff at all.

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 13:28:13 pm »
hmm so...

a week or so ago, I was arresting a suspect, I cuffed and Rank/Walk, And I got warned, can we still use /cuff if we are walking distance from LSPD, or has it changed to no /cuff at all.

Yes you are allowed. /cuff is for walking with suspects so that they don't turn around and run away, or for when suspects /gu and then run. So yes you can use /cuff in that situation if you are just walking to LSPD. (at the moment since /cuff is still bugged)

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline JDC

• Citizen
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2008, 10:30:56 am »
Quote from: Vincent Vice
(at the moment since /cuff is still bugged)

A little off topic, but im curious, what does /cuff do when its not bugged?
The most important part is interacting with others and meeting people from around the world.

SA:MP Manager | Officer-In-Charge (OIC), San Andreas State Government | Pope of Argonath

Offline [R*]Pancher

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2008, 10:39:08 am »
Quote from: Vincent Vice
(at the moment since /cuff is still bugged)

A little off topic, but im curious, what does /cuff do when its not bugged?
How does /cuff work? Yes it's soo that /cuff is build to teleport the cuffed person so he is sticked to u, this can cos death of the criminal when u driving as the most cases are. I personaly think it's none RP to use it cos it's not much role play to have someone teleported close all the time right on ur back.

Offline Bianconeri

• Citizen
  • ex-LT., ex-Academy Chief, ex-AV Developer
  • SA-MP: Bianconeri
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2008, 14:18:16 pm »
well someone who is cuffed IRL couldnt run from the cops, so he gets teled to cop so he stays with him,
if /cuff isnt bugged it should be able to keep suspect in car too,
its a good thing for those suspect who keep running
Proud ex Lieutenant - SAPD Examiner - Head of SAPD Academy

Proud ARPD 10 times medal holder

Offline [R*]Pancher

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2008, 14:28:55 pm »
well someone who is cuffed IRL couldnt run from the cops, so he gets teled to cop so he stays with him,

if u use the /cuff in this moment there is a hughe chance u will kill the criminal cos he cant sit in the car when u /cuffed him.

Offline Bianconeri

• Citizen
  • ex-LT., ex-Academy Chief, ex-AV Developer
  • SA-MP: Bianconeri
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2008, 16:07:04 pm »

if u use the /cuff in this moment there is a hughe chance u will kill the criminal cos he cant sit in the car when u /cuffed him.

true, thats why i say if cuff isnt bugged then he shouldnt die,
or isnt that the bug?

ah well we should stop this, it isnt really on topic
Proud ex Lieutenant - SAPD Examiner - Head of SAPD Academy

Proud ARPD 10 times medal holder

Offline Call_me_Dad

• Citizen
  • [VU]aXXo
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2008, 11:47:18 am »
Situation: An innocent guy with no previous criminal record, decides to suicide. He climbs up the top of the building and warns cop that he will jump if we come near him. All attempts to negotiate fails. His demands nothing, just some mumble-jumble rubbish of "no will to live"

Question: Being in a life saving organization, what is a cop supposed to do in this sitiuation?

Offline Alsatian

• Citizen
  • SATC Commissioner [WS]Alsatian
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2008, 17:50:26 pm »
isnt really a situation, well it is, anyway...

I am having alot of speeding suspect around LS who eventually i chase to countryside, usually BUFFALOS, CHEETAHS etc, and i cant (or my partner) catch them, so i use my tec 9 to neutralise the wheels, but...

I am getting complains, OMG ABUSE, and even once a admin warned me :(

Question: Am i in the wrong here?
Jonathan Matthews
> x1 > x1

Offline [R*]Pancher

• Citizen
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2008, 18:33:48 pm »
Situation: An innocent guy with no previous criminal record, decides to suicide. He climbs up the top of the building and warns cop that he will jump if we come near him. All attempts to negotiate fails. His demands nothing, just some mumble-jumble rubbish of "no will to live"

Question: Being in a life saving organization, what is a cop supposed to do in this sitiuation?

Best way to do as cop is lock down the area so as less citizen as possibel not enter area and call a medic on standby. U can first try to talk to the suicided man, if thats not working try to begin a resuce operation. try to sneak up behind and drag him to safe, or RP a rescue net :) Other suggiestions are welcome, but best way is RP what u think is te best for the situation..

isnt really a situation, well it is, anyway...

I am having alot of speeding suspect around LS who eventually i chase to countryside, usually BUFFALOS, CHEETAHS etc, and i cant (or my partner) catch them, so i use my tec 9 to neutralise the wheels, but...

I am getting complains, OMG ABUSE, and even once a admin warned me :(

Question: Am i in the wrong here?

If a suspect using a faster car then the PD crusier, a buffalo or a cheetah as u stated above ur allowed to take out tires of the car with Uzi, but make sure u dont make any threat to walking citizen or the car will ram any citizen when u take a tire out. Only passanger may use Uzi and shoot tires not the driver.

If an admin punich u in a situation where ur allowed to use Uzi and refuse to listen and/or not understand there is 2 ways, 1 contact an other admin online and explain situation or send to samp@argonathrpg.eu with time, admin involved, situation.

Offline Polopolo

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2008, 22:57:35 pm »
An free cop rams you're car while on-duty and aims at you and shouting that you are corrupt.

What should I do? Shoot, asking to be calm, and who should I notify?

Offline Larry "Pixy" Faulke

• Citizen
  • Nothing is wrong except that there's nothing wrong
  • Badge-ID: #LV3919
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 04:02:14 am »
I was pulled over by a group of freecops once. They told me to get out of the car which I did and then they started shooting at me! In here I ran away since i was unarmed but then they /su me for evading. But if i shoot back i could get /su for attacking an officer but if i just stand there and do nothing i'd be dead. What should i do if something like this happen again?

Offline [R*]Pancher

• Citizen
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 14:02:30 pm »
An free cop rams you're car while on-duty and aims at you and shouting that you are corrupt.

What should I do? Shoot, asking to be calm, and who should I notify?

I would presonaly ask him who is coruppted and who's not.. However the cop is not allowed to attack other cops. If he do straight report to admins.

I was pulled over by a group of freecops once. They told me to get out of the car which I did and then they started shooting at me! In here I ran away since i was unarmed but then they /su me for evading. But if i shoot back i could get /su for attacking an officer but if i just stand there and do nothing i'd be dead. What should i do if something like this happen again?

This is DM and u should be report straight to admins, take screen shoots is always good if admins respons to late so they can investigate easier after it happend. if u cant take screen shoots write down name and time. Also u can send complains on thoose freecops to samp@argonathrpg.eu if admins cant help u atm.

Offline JDC

• Citizen
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2008, 09:44:05 am »
My questions on what to do in these situations if the admins are too busy or not there and action is needed immediately.

Situation:

A person makes a group called "Citizens Against Freecop Abuse", a group that legally protests against Freecop abuse though they leave the action against it to the ARPD (and the admins). The person makes a topic in SA:MP events about a protest that will take place in 3-4 days, thus making it legal. 3-4 days later, CAFA legally protests in Pershing Square against Freecop abuse, eg:

"Stop freecop abuse now!!!"

"End freecop violence!!"

"Money Hungry freecops must be punished!!!"

A bunch of money-hungry freecops nearby see that the insults are directed against them. They then warn the protesters to disperse at once. The leader of the CAFA protesters goes to the freecop and hands him the Permit To Rally. The freecop though, refuses to recognize the permit and warns the citizens one last time. The Freecop and his money-hungry companions suspect and assault the crowd, ignoring orders from a bunch of nearby ARPD officers to stop. The whole crowd then /hide-s or /hail-s, though the freecops keep preparing to attack.

There are no admins at that moment, and the crowd of citizens is in danger.

Are the ARPD Officers allowed to attack the Freecops and terminate them (if they really have to) to protect the crowd?

Situation 2:

An SAPD Officer / FBI Agent (lets just say ARPD member) brings a suspect to jail. On the way to jail, they are followed by a freecop who showed up at the last second and whose only contribution to the chase was making the suspect run even harder before the ARPD Member nabs him. Arriving at the jail, the freecop insists on taking the arrest, but cannot do so because the ARPD Member used /cuff to take precautions against possible abuse by the Freecop. The Freecop then assaults the ARPD Member.

What action should the ARPD Member take? Should he attack the freecop and save his own life and that of the suspect or run and risk the freecop killing the surrendered suspect, although the freecop has had no previous server warns and thus the warn from killing the suspect would have practically no effect?

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 09:50:38 am »
Situation:
There is a kidnap. SWAT is preparing an assault and FBI is negotiating with the kidnappers. Cadets and officers are blocking the road incase someone gets away. Let's say there are 5 kidnappers and 2 hostages. 2 kidnappers are each guarding one hostage and the fifth one is negotiating. Now, 2-3 freecops try to play "hero" and attack the kidnappers, ignoring orders from superiors and the kidnappers kill the hostages because of the "heroes". What are the superiors supposed to do?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal