| Date: 25-04-24  Time: 22:54 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels by Seth
[April 20, 2024, 11:00:22 am]

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Authentic Damsels by PatarHD
[April 19, 2024, 23:24:35 pm]

Superlative Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels by saqibkhan
[April 19, 2024, 22:30:34 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 220
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: To Those Upset By Yesterday's Events  (Read 8405 times)

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
To Those Upset By Yesterday's Events
« on: April 01, 2013, 20:29:52 pm »
For those wondering what happened yesterday across Argo, there were several April Fool's Day pranks happening. Some of them you may remember, some of them you might not.

For those of you who weren't there, here is a quick recap:
1. Multiple websites were "hacked", and fake messages were displayed.
2. Teddy was falsely banned in SA:MP, and falsely denied by MIB.
3. Gimli and Conroy put fake ban messages to everyone in SA:MP.
4. Those and other pranks were later combined by player influence, and resulted in them being linked.

Now, for those of you wondering, the original idea of linking these pranks was not originally planned. My personal one, the website hacking one, was actually planned to be different too. Little did we all realize, part way into the day, players began assuming the pranks were related...and thus we all got together to make them seem as such. At the time, it was worth a good laugh, and we tried our best to keep people convinced. Unfortunately, as the day passed, things began getting a bit out of hand, and people actually began to panic. As a result, we ended the pranks early and told everyone the truth so that no more chaos would ensue over what was meant to be a fun event.

To all of those upset by it, I want to personally apologize. It was not our intentions to come across as non-professional, or make anyone here panic and think Argo was falling apart. We realized later that the jokes began to go too far, which is why we decided to pull them early. If anyone here is still wondering as to what is a prank, and what was real, please do not hesitate to contact myself or those listed above. We don't want anyone thinking Argo is falsely under attack when it is not. We are a great community that will never fall, and I am very sure of that.

I would also like to apologize for my unprofessional manner in spreading the website hack pranks on this forum. Although I was trying to make it come across as real by giving a "real reaction", I was actually just acting it out, and some felt it was still going a bit too far. To those who felt such, I am sorry for the way in which I spread the prank. It showed bad judgement in reacting to such a situation, and although it was planned out for the sake of the joke, I understand now why some may not be too happy with it. As the ARFD Commissioner and a member of multiple ARPD divisions over the years myself, I want everyone to know that there is absolutely no rivalry or hate between the two groups, and we are happy to work together in a professional manner. If anyone feels this is not true, please do not hesitate to contact myself, any SAFD Battalion Chiefs, and/or any ARPD Department Chiefs. Both groups have a long history together, and just like with my own opinions on it, no one wants to see that go away, even over holiday pranks.

To those who have read and/or responded to this, thank you for your time, and I am sorry again. An announcement regarding these events has also been made on Argo Forums by Teddy, where more information has been posted to clear up the situation.

I wish you all a Happy Easter, Happy April Fool's Day, and a good rest of your weeks.

P.S. Thank you also to those who pranked me! I will get you back next year! :razz:

Offline Francisco Martinez

• Citizen
    • Skype - cozinheirosueco
  • Badge-ID: #139
  • SA-MP: Morais
Re: To Those Upset By Yesterday's Events
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2013, 20:32:03 pm »
Unnecessary apology. By the way: be more creative next year  :donut:
SAPD members should priorize roleplay and attempt to discuss when a situation happen. Coming with weapon drawn and aiming at everyone won't be tolerated.
Knowing is not enough; We must apply
Willing is not enough; We must do..

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2013, 20:36:09 pm »
Unnecessary apology. By the way: be more creative next year  :donut:
Lol thanks man. My original plan, (which I came up with last second), was to actually work with Paul and have pages on both the ARPD and ARFD sites to make it look like we were having a silly rivalry. The ARPD page contained red and black text with a funny message and a video of Firefighters doing the Harlem Shake, and the ARFD site, which was used, was meant to look like the ARPD had issued a warrant against us to hack the site, and have a page with blue and black text, with a video of a bad*** cop chasing people around in a muscle car, code 3. I'm still a bit disappointed that I didn't get to do that prank, but this one seemed more than sufficient after the events that transpired. At least we know for next year to tone it down. I'm still a bit worried as to what Gandalf and Aragorn's prank is going to be yet, since they haven't done it yet. :lol:

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2013, 20:38:21 pm »
At first when CBFasi posted that i thought he's just acting and pulling another April fools joke. But when i saw him revoke your rights i realised he's dead serious. Oh well, some people do not have sense of humor, some have :)
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline KhornateMonkey

• [SA:MP] Ex-DPD Sheriff
  • Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2013, 20:39:38 pm »
Don't attend April fools day next year.

Meritorious Service Medal x5 | Community Policing Medal x3 | Police Life Saving Medal x2

You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

Offline ~Legend~

• [VC:MP] SWAT Lieutenant
  • Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2013, 20:42:17 pm »
All of it has to be taken as a laugh sometimes... no 'actual' damage was done. It surprised me how some people reacted, given the dates around which these quick little incidents took place. :)

The community leaders can set the mark on how far any holiday joke should go, but so long as they don't actually offend or disrupt the community (and are just little 'bursts' of fun) they are normally not a prob.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2013, 20:48:11 pm »
At first when CBFasi posted that i thought he's just acting and pulling another April fools joke. But when i saw him revoke your rights i realised he's dead serious. Oh well, some people do not have sense of humor, some have :)
He wasn't in on the joke, and understandably I see why he is upset by it. Either way, I issued him a personally apology too. There were a few others also upset by our pranks which I have since apologized to over Skype, as well.

Don't attend April fools day next year.
Knowing this community, Teddy, Paul, and I will likely be the targets of it, and everyone will be laughing at us. D:

All of it has to be taken as a laugh sometimes... no 'actual' damage was done. It surprised me how some people reacted, given the dates around which these quick little incidents took place. :)

The community leaders can set the mark on how far any holiday joke should go, but so long as they don't actually offend or disrupt the community (and are just little 'bursts' of fun) they are normally not a prob.
Very well said Legend. Next time we do something that goes this far, (assuming we ever do something like it again, which is not likely), I'll be sure to get permission for it. I didn't expect it to be taken in such a way that was seen as negative, and I don't want to repeat that in any future pranks that we may do in this community.

Offline Roske

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 20:51:21 pm »
I was expecting more, but this satisfied my needs.. For this year!

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 20:52:44 pm »
I loved the "Teddy, u think u cool as a webmaster? - Paul" one :D That was a catcy one  :rofl:
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 20:54:05 pm »
I was expecting more, but this satisfied my needs.. For this year!
I seriously fear what Gandalf and Aragorn have yet to prank us with. They usually top everyone, so we're going to have to wait and see if any of the silly mayhem continues. :)

I loved the "Teddy, u think u cool as a webmaster? - Paul" one :D That was a catcy one  :rofl:
Paul had actually come up with that one while the three of us were in a Skype convo. Originally the FBI site had the same message from him as the ARFD one, but we both laughed when he said it, and got Teddy to update it.

Offline KhornateMonkey

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 21:06:15 pm »

I presume it was caused by SugarD's 'reputation'

Meritorious Service Medal x5 | Community Policing Medal x3 | Police Life Saving Medal x2

You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 21:14:14 pm »

Reputation of what? D:

Offline KhornateMonkey

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 21:25:31 pm »

Reputation of what? D:

Take a guess, I mean, not many people like you due to your powers  :razz:

Offline Cyril

• SA:MP Division Leader
  • Citizen
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 22:12:29 pm »
Not a very funny joke.
Someone joked about hacking in-game today, he earned a permban.

Joking about hack is really not original and not funny.

Offline Salmonella

• [VC:MP] SWAT Commander
  • Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
  • Badge-ID: #VC0004
  • SA-MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • VC:MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • IV:MP: [AV]Salmonella
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 22:18:29 pm »
Appropriate to apologize indeed. Thanks for doing so, SugarD.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2013, 22:28:31 pm »
Appropriate to apologize indeed. Thanks for doing so, SugarD.
You're welcome.

Offline Roske

• Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2013, 22:34:06 pm »

Reputation of what? D:

Take a guess, I mean, not many people like you due to your powers  :razz:

Whaa, why would anyone not like sugarB? owell.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2013, 22:35:28 pm »
Whaa, why would anyone not like sugarB? owell.
><

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal