| Date: 27-04-24  Time: 03:43 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Ladies by Nikola_Nidza
[Yesterday at 03:13:30]

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels by Seth
[April 20, 2024, 11:00:22 am]

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Authentic Damsels by PatarHD
[April 19, 2024, 23:24:35 pm]

Superlative Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels by saqibkhan
[April 19, 2024, 22:30:34 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 228
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Suggestion(s)  (Read 4955 times)

Offline MaddyT

• Aiden Harris
  • [VC:MP] FBI Agent
  • Badge-ID: #FBI007
Suggestion(s)
« on: October 26, 2017, 07:25:36 am »
I've been inactive for a while since I'm halfway through my exams. But sometimes while reading(y'all know you get distracted once a while when studying), I thought about this.

Why not add another category in the forces, like the Army, which will be categorized further(as in SWAT Trainee). Since VC already has a army base. What will it do with no soldiers? I've been told that this has been suggested before. But please do think about it. Seems like a good idea.

Offline Kowalski.

• [VC:MP] Retired FBI Director
  • Citizen
  • Ad Securos Imperium
  • Badge-ID: #FBI001
  • Discord: MrMeeses491#7309
Re: Suggestion(s)
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 08:24:59 am »
I've been inactive for a while since I'm halfway through my exams. But sometimes while reading(y'all know you get distracted once a while when studying), I thought about this.

Why not add another category in the forces, like the Army, which will be categorized further(as in SWAT Trainee). Since VC already has a army base. What will it do with no soldiers? I've been told that this has been suggested before. But please do think about it. Seems like a good idea.
Ft. Baxter is a training facility. The army is generally not needed as we have the S.W.A.T. for Tactical Response.

Although I like your creativity, this idea is generally not needed.

Regards

Retired General of the Armed Forces Kowalski
A.R.A.F. - Argonath RPG Armed Forces
U.S. Department of Defense

Offline Sevrin

• [VC:MP] SWAT Operative [VC:MP]Pudding Thief 2
  • Citizen
  • [VC:MP] asskicker
  • Badge-ID: #SW6910
  • VC:MP: =TRC=sevrin
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2017, 10:38:25 am »
There is no need of another sub division. SWAT is the army and it have the skin of army guy too. Fort baxter is already under VCPD and is used for training purposes.

Offline MaddyT

• Aiden Harris
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2017, 11:05:18 am »

Ft. Baxter is a training facility. The army is generally not needed as we have the S.W.A.T. for Tactical Response.

Regards
Julien

Why don't you think out of the box? A country needs a military for its defence. SWAT won't come around with their MP5's when being attacked by f-16's and shit. Get it?

Offline Sevrin

• [VC:MP] SWAT Operative [VC:MP]Pudding Thief 2
  • Citizen
  • [VC:MP] asskicker
  • Badge-ID: #SW6910
  • VC:MP: =TRC=sevrin
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2017, 12:14:05 pm »

Regards
Julien

Why don't you think out of the box? A country needs a military for its defence. SWAT won't come around with their MP5's when being attacked by f-16's and shit. Get it?
Server is based on 80s and there are not any kind of jets in the city so that does not have any logic.

Offline Kessu

• Citizen
  • Eighth Avenue Furies!
  • Badge-ID: VC-C1337
  • VC:MP: Kessu
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2017, 12:30:36 pm »

Regards
Julien

The more experienced members in SWAT can be considered one man armies. So technically when those are combined we have multiple man armies :D

Last time Hunter was being used by police force they leveled an entire skyscraper without killing a single suspect. This kind of action was deemed irresponsible and thus Sea Sparrow was brought in instead so the missiles can't be used to destroy the city.
Nigga you flip sides so much you might aswell be a f**king pancake; one week you're in a crime family, then the next one you apply for VCPD.
Untrustworthy, unhelpful, and simply quite a pain..

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2017, 13:19:44 pm »
Special Weapons and Tactics division is already prepared to act as a military force in the case of a threat to national security. They have military uniforms and military grade weaponary at their disposal if needed.

Creating a seperate military organisation might make sense in, let's say, San Andreas, where such roleplays are actually possible. In Vice City it simple doesn't make any sense.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline MaddyT

• Aiden Harris
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 15:20:41 pm »
Well, I still don't see why we will not need any military support. Adding just another pickup point at Fort Baxter.
I know that you're gonna ask about how military are equipped with high class weapons, newbs are going to take advantage of it.

Well, only some players can be appointed as the military.

If not military, how about adding Private Military(security etc), I was told that you can just RP it, but note that you'll get wanted/ineligible to kill/arrest a suspect.

I'd love to hear out some counters.

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2017, 16:39:27 pm »
Well, I still don't see why we will not need any military support. Adding just another pickup point at Fort Baxter.
I know that you're gonna ask about how military are equipped with high class weapons, newbs are going to take advantage of it.

Well, only some players can be appointed as the military.

If not military, how about adding Private Military(security etc), I was told that you can just RP it, but note that you'll get wanted/ineligible to kill/arrest a suspect.

I'd love to hear out some counters.

You completely fail to see the point. Why add something that is completely uneccessary? Why would we need an army in the first place? Who is going to attack us?

Your question has been answered long ago - VCPD SWAT is trained to act as a military force if needed, has access to military uniform and equipment that they can use in event of a threat to national security. He'll, we'll even give them hunter if they'll need to fight some sort of very unlikely invader. I'd much rather prefer group of people who have expierience and are trusted in such matter to use that inventory.

Adding another scripted job with no real purpose than just to exist is pointless. What will the military do? Just drive around with their M60's or pointlessly fly around in a hunter because there is no-one to fight? Because there is no way that even if this was added we'd let them go after suspects. Because of the nature of such duty, eventually they'd just end up as a group to rival with SWAT which we will not condone noir have.

Everyone is free to open a roleplay military group if they wish. If the group does a good job, it may or may not receive some sort of official recognition by ARPD and server management, just as was the case with the Argonath Defence Force (ADF) in San Andreas, where they were given some privilleges despite being an unofficial Group.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline MaddyT

• Aiden Harris
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2017, 17:20:16 pm »
Point taken. SWAT are going to take care of an alien invasion or attacks.

About private military, I'd like a response by Kessu or either of the management.

Offline Kessu

• Citizen
  • Eighth Avenue Furies!
  • Badge-ID: VC-C1337
  • VC:MP: Kessu
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2017, 20:32:47 pm »
If you want to roleplay one, go right ahead. No script support will be given. And no vigilante roleplay is allowed.
Nigga you flip sides so much you might aswell be a f**king pancake; one week you're in a crime family, then the next one you apply for VCPD.
Untrustworthy, unhelpful, and simply quite a pain..

Offline James Moretti

• [SA:MP] Retired Lieutenant
  • Citizen
  • Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.
  • SA-MP: James_Moretti
  • IV:MP: Dean_Callaghan
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 23:02:10 pm »
And no vigilante roleplay is allowed.

Former
SAPD Lieutenant | FBI Director

LIEUTENANT  JAMES MORETTI
Counter Terrorism & Special Operations Bureau
S.W.A.T.
K9 Handler

information