| Date: 19-04-24  Time: 18:06 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Khm
[August 08, 2023, 21:42:27 pm]

VCPD | Hall of Fame by Huntsman
[July 21, 2023, 00:25:01 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 217
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Memorandum  (Read 2727 times)

Offline MirceaN

• Citizen
Memorandum
« on: December 09, 2017, 20:35:15 pm »

I failed.

It's 9th of December, 2017. This day really affected me. It's the first time in years and the only time I ever failed a negotiation as a member of the Federal Bureau of Investigation. I shamefully got backstabbed by one of the kidnappers and let my hostage and my officers, you all, die a vain death. You obeyed my orders and my plannings, we all believed for an outcome, but most importantly, I failed, I failed you, those who believed in me, since I was leading the operation. I was in charge, both as a rank, since I'm a Special Agent In Charge and also as per operation. I failed to set up the Hostage Rescue Team aswell, and I failed to provide a successful negotiation. I didn't manage my resources accordingly and thus, it led to my death, the death of the hostage and the death of all officers on scene.

This is a letter of apology to everyone I let down. It's the first time and I'm taking it very hard. I couldn't believe that it would go so bad. I really had hopes and trusted myself that it'll be alright, I'll free the hostage and we'll go home. Yes, I was planning to withdraw all units to LSPD and provide first aid to Kacper, the hostage, since we had no chance of winning the battle, but we would've returned later. I believed in myself from the moment I arrived and observed the situation, I went straight into hell and showed it the middle finger, I just couldn't account a fail, I never could imagine when will my negotiations fail. Unarmed, went straight to them, into the warehouse, surrounded by at least 15 kidnappers, but had no fear at all. Everything I've done, bad or right, accounted to this. Once again, I'm sorry.

Even though my success and reputation for negotiations end here, never lose hope. It was just another day, another situation, it's not the end, it's not the last and definitely won't be the last time we will lose. I have faith that you've already got over it. For me, it'll be very hard due to the fact that my dedication and morale standards of duty overcome my common sense and emotion just fills me up with anger and disappointment. Eager to that, I'll get over it, but the biggest issue is that I won't be able to lead a kidnapping for a long time, I'll just fail, I just know it.

As for the suspects, criminals, whatever you call them, situations are never the same, everything changes from minute to another, the exact same situation won't happen again, so have faith and trust the other side of the negotiation, trust the criminals next time you have to face them, not entirely, but as much as needed. I learned that today aswell. I also learned that it didn't have to be this way, most of them didn't want to, and even if most people classified it as a deathmatch that shouldn't be taken into account, I still died, Kacper sitll died, so it's a fail for me. My fail, that I brought upon all of you.

Once again, I'm sorry.

Mircea.

Offline James Moretti

• [SA:MP] Retired Lieutenant
  • Citizen
  • Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.
  • SA-MP: James_Moretti
  • IV:MP: Dean_Callaghan
Re: Memorandum
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 20:52:23 pm »
First failed hostage situations always have the most impact on us. You did what you could, with your integrity intact.

Can't save them all.
Former
SAPD Lieutenant | FBI Director

LIEUTENANT  JAMES MORETTI
Counter Terrorism & Special Operations Bureau
S.W.A.T.
K9 Handler

Offline Francisco Martinez

• Citizen
    • Skype - cozinheirosueco
  • Badge-ID: #139
  • SA-MP: Morais
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 23:08:07 pm »
Don't beat yourself to much. From the amount of weapons and equipment deployed by the criminals they were just waiting for it to go down. If for 1 bad situation you get 50 ones it's because you're on the right path.
SAPD members should priorize roleplay and attempt to discuss when a situation happen. Coming with weapon drawn and aiming at everyone won't be tolerated.
Knowing is not enough; We must apply
Willing is not enough; We must do..

Offline Gregory Parker

• Citizen
  • Inactive.
    • Skype - younes.ar1
  • Badge-ID: #134
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 00:05:36 am »
It was a huge situation and had a lot of points which increased stress each moment. We had some disobeying recruits, and the situation escalated to a way we didn't wish for or expect.. you've done a great job with negotiation, even if it has failed so there is actually no need to worry about it.

LCPD Medal of Valor ~2017

January, 2017 - Officer of the month (SAPD)

[SAMP]Ex- SAPD Chief [IV:MP] Ex-LCPD Deputy Chief  (#CL7335) [IVMP] Ex-CIU Inspector.
Serving since: 2014
(2014-2018)

Offline JackDockz

• [IV:MP] Fuckin' Media!
  • Citizen
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 06:06:36 am »
You must have done a good job. I believe in you. Don't worry too much.
Good luck

Offline David Jefferson

• Retired LCPD Officer & N. O. O. S. E CIU Detective - Retired FBI Cadet. Retired SAPD Officer - Retired SAPD academy instructor
  • Citizen
  • Caster
  • Badge-ID: #117
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 08:45:27 am »
Good job

Offline Chester Campbell

• [SA:MP] Counter Terrorism & Special Operations Bureau Commanding Officer
  • Citizen
  • No need for revenge. Just sit back and wait.
  • Badge-ID: #6632
  • SA-MP: Chester_Campbell
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 11:31:58 am »
      Do not worry about what happened. It was not your fault. They didn't kidnap Kacper so they'd get money in return, they don't care about money. They had their own reasons and I knew since the beginning that Kacper was a dead man.
      You did your best and it was good enough. They were all surrounded and we could've gotten them, apart from the fact that I got sniped from my back by a cuffed, detained suspect who was told by a helper that he could break cuffs RPly (?) so I couldn't take down more of the suspects.
      We don't always win no matter how much we want to, but we learn from our lost battles.
Captain Chester Campbell
Commanding Officer

Offline James Moretti

• [SA:MP] Retired Lieutenant
  • Citizen
  • Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.
  • SA-MP: James_Moretti
  • IV:MP: Dean_Callaghan
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 11:33:56 am »
, apart from the fact that I got sniped from my back by a cuffed, detained suspect who was told by a helper that he could break cuffs RPly (?) so I couldn't take down more of the suspects.

Was this handled by administration? Because that's absolute and utter bullshit, both from the player and the helper.
Former
SAPD Lieutenant | FBI Director

LIEUTENANT  JAMES MORETTI
S.W.A.T.
K9 Handler

Offline Chester Campbell

• [SA:MP] Counter Terrorism & Special Operations Bureau Commanding Officer
  • Citizen
  • No need for revenge. Just sit back and wait.
  • Badge-ID: #6632
  • SA-MP: Chester_Campbell
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2017, 11:34:40 am »
Yes it was handled. Kinda
Captain Chester Campbell
Commanding Officer

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2017, 12:01:47 pm »
Don't worry about it. I killed more hostages through my stay in the FBI than I can remember. It happens  :rofl:
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal