| Date: 16-04-24  Time: 20:28 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Khm
[August 08, 2023, 21:42:27 pm]

VCPD | Hall of Fame by Huntsman
[July 21, 2023, 00:25:01 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 139
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Current status of SAPD.  (Read 4941 times)

Offline Gregory Parker

• Citizen
  • Inactive.
    • Skype - younes.ar1
  • Badge-ID: #134
Current status of SAPD.
« on: May 17, 2018, 20:30:53 pm »
Hello, I'll make this short and clear to everyone..

The SAPD is having a tough time right now and it's barely active in game. There are no excuses. We all have real life to take care of, and I personally am undergoing tough exams and I cannot really spend any more time in the server simply because I (know myself) would break things more than fix it. Some people could complain and moan, and say "he's playing that and there".. Yes, I do play sometimes Rocket League, I do play Rainbow Six Siege at night with my friends, that is to chill down just like you do.

Now this topic isn't about me, this topic is about the SAPD. We are experiencing issues recently and currently, and yes it will resume until we do have time to spend and to focus on the department even more. Some members will give up, some already did. But SAPD command, or I personally have got plans to implement, and this needs my full time and dedication to the server and SAPD, and right now I cannot provide.

I'am having tough exams which I'm supposed to finish by the 1st of June if no issues happen. And SAPD by then will have a full different picture, and I at least will do my best to have that changed, or at least try to.

With the help of our members and your patience, we will have SAPD changing, SAPD will be more about roleplay. But if you guys go nuts and start moaning on how SAPD is inactive, and do nothing to help besides crying around and going full criminal, which means trying to break SAPD itself.. then I recommend you to stay out and resign at this moment. SAPD will no longer tolerate trollers or any one that joins the department only for the salary and the blue name which some consider fancy. You've been warned.

This is my explanation to the public about why SAPD is inactive. I did not blame anyone in the department for their inactivity as long as it's reported. However, regulations are to be followed whether the command is active or inactive. If you care so much about SAPD and want to improve it, work your way and become a member of the Command, and have a good picture on yourself because trolls aren't supposed to reach any rank in the command. Staying at the bottom and blaming who's ontop because they are having life issues isn't wise, and is just what those who don't care or know can do nothing always do.

LCPD Medal of Valor ~2017

January, 2017 - Officer of the month (SAPD)

[SAMP]Ex- SAPD Chief [IV:MP] Ex-LCPD Deputy Chief  (#CL7335) [IVMP] Ex-CIU Inspector.
Serving since: 2014
(2014-2018)

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
Re: Current status of SAPD.
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2018, 05:49:16 am »
There is no way to fix the current activity issue. The server is dying out and I hate to say it but I think Argonath player database is coming to an end. There is nobody left in the server at night and during the day the peak is 10 to 20. It is not your fault as the command staff of SAPD. I personally come onto Argonath just to talk with people I knew since 2009.

Offline JoshThePenguin

• [SA:MP] S.W.A.T. Rookie [SA:MP]AirDiv Pilot Officer
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: 131
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2018, 01:01:46 am »
Yea, TinMan, and your attitude is the exact reason why the server is dying. "No way to fix the issue / Server is dying out / Playerbase is coming to an end". If you stay out of the game with an attitude like this, sharing it with others who will think "Hmmm, if the server is dead...and even veterans say it... and it has 0 players online... why join?". Ofcourse it will stay empty then and the problem won't be fixed.
SAPD Senior Officer

"Cops, If u can't do your jobs properly, get the hell off duty"
- TeaM_Duel

Offline TinMan

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2018, 23:07:52 pm »
No the server dying has nothing to do with me at all nor does my attitude have any affect on other players either. I actually have been in-game lately engaging with new players in the community. Argonath RPG-SAMP has been around since 2006 and it is 12 years later and I am actually impressed it has held up for this long. Nothing lasts forever. Argonath RPG is switching over to GTA-V soon and it will be expected to see more players again.

By the way, the players are going see 0 players and not even join. It has nothing to do with veterans saying anything.

Offline JackDockz

• [IV:MP] Fuckin' Media!
  • Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2018, 03:39:34 am »
Nice signature tinman haha.

Offline TinMan

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2018, 19:38:07 pm »
Nice signature tinman haha.

Thanks haha. All of this happened 3 years ago when criminals use to be scared of me and nobody else. Because during that time the rest of the members of SAPD, especially command staff, were all writing freakin' novels on the forums. Yet, the command staff wanted me resign due to lack of forum work. 

Offline Tom Adams

• [SA:MP] Captain
    • Skype - megaris_
  • Badge-ID: #3584
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2018, 20:58:33 pm »
The playercount, over past couple of weeks, has been now around 7-11 minimum. 60 percent of the players are completely new to the server, meaning they could be our future but sadly, theres barely anyone to teach them the basics of roleplay, bring them up to speed with Argonath's rules etc.
  I believe SAPD would have quite a nice oppurtunity here to recruit/teach/show them the right path. If they feel welcomed and they feel like this is interesting/exciting for them, Im pretty sure at least few of them will at least apply for SAPD and there are quite high chances that they might even pass the academy eventually.

Offline Jake Parker

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2018, 18:04:17 pm »
SAPD overall didn't lose hope, we are still around to help and to protect the city. The only point is, the older players are blaming mostly SAPD if things go wrong with new officers which could be, as you say a new future. Everyone should just see it that bright but but just a couple see it like that and those are still online daily.

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 17:16:52 pm »
My collegues,

As I mentioned in ARPD Command Discord, I'll also mention it here:
Your application proccess and the academy is too slow, too boring and too long.

Make the academy fun, short, and to the point. This was the ultimate solution to VCPD's prolonged shortage of staff ever since I took over. Four sessions, all only cover those things that will actually be needed. Sessions are made fun. Applications are also considered no longer than two - three days. There is no need to keep someone waiting for a month just for the sakes of having them wait. See what they can do, and accept them. Invite those freecops who are promising.

Besides, a new player is a very valuable one. If the cop side doesn't snatch him, the criminals will, so you need to adapt your academy to teach new players the rules and be willing to actually teach the new players what you expect of them, and not expect them to apply already knowing  all they need.

I am obviously not aware just how different the academy is now from what it was in RS4, since I wasnt in SAPD since. But I can sure as hell remember it was so f**king boring, with instructors just copy pasting pre-written material that I already knew, that I wanted to hang myself.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline JackDockz

• [IV:MP] Fuckin' Media!
  • Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2018, 19:35:25 pm »
Only time I agree with huntman.
The Academy is not fun when I can study everything in the boards. Yeah there were officers who made the session fun with practicals.(Jakey and Doggi my favs) But on the whole, the Academy is slow for someone with different timezones than the command staff.
I remember, I knew everything but had to wait for 5 ride-alongs which was miserable for my time zone. I somehow did the major sessions.
Instead of the ride-alongs, replace it with Detailed Patrol Reports that REQUIRE Screenshots. So, you know what a person is doing behind your back.
Ride-Along may also be an option for a person who is available during the timezones.

#givecadetsbetterweapons. Atleast more deagle and spray :neutral:

Yeah, try snatching the newer players. Would be very beneficial.

I don't find people ingame so that I join. Rarely find someone :(

Offline djensenevvus

• DevavusOS
  • Citizen
    • Skype - Chelsikvus
  • SA-MP: FrostSolvus
  • VC:MP: Sentorovus
  • IV:MP: Dim_Kvus
Current status of SAPD
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 09:45:00 am »
I think the activities window shows the TSB at the time of that activity.  The current training status reflects the current todays value.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal