| Date: 19-04-24  Time: 14:25 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Khm
[August 08, 2023, 21:42:27 pm]

VCPD | Hall of Fame by Huntsman
[July 21, 2023, 00:25:01 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 203
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: [SA:MP] Academy Suggestion  (Read 4330 times)

Offline Sawyer

• [SA:MP] Senior Officer
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]Sawyer
[SA:MP] Academy Suggestion
« on: September 23, 2018, 23:46:44 pm »
Okay so long story short, as we all know the playercount has been disappointing the last weeks and it dragged SAPD's active along with it.
I mean let's face it, who wants to join a server with 2 or 3 active players? Most likely nobody.

However, I've witnessed there were a few recruits that wanted to tag alone with the actual SAPD (Officer +), because let's face it; they are kinda left out. They do not access the weaponry/armory we do and they are not basically treated as a legit and active part of SAPD. They are just 'freecops', right? I'll laugh at each and everyone here that will actually claim otherwise. Expectations for freecops are low and rightfully so, they lack knowledge and experience.

To cut to the case, making the academy an easier and more fun of a place should actually happen. The process is too long, requires at least reasonable English and tons of activity to actually make it to Officer. That's actually one of the most important factors that keeps dragging SAPD's activity down at this point. Let alone Argonath's playerbase which roughly made it to 15 players this week.

Academy should not be based on handbooks or studying in general. It should be lead by example. We don't have to make applicants go through such a long process at this point, especially when the playerbase is that low, it only decreases our chances of having a decent amount of active personnel. For example, there should be accessible handbooks of each and every detail an officer has to know, but keep it off the application process, it should really take effect in general, whether you are a Chief or a Recruit. There should be ride alongs in-game to get recruits to know the basics and perhaps a short and easy examination for a cadet to pass to make it to officer. Experience is gained by activity, not studying.

I've met [NP]David_Jacob and Robert_Belinski the other night and as I was trying to convince them to apply to be part of the academy, they both said naah screw it, takes too much time.. I don't blame them to be honest. The Academy sucks a lot of time to pass and the playerbase is too low which makes the whole process way too boring.

The whole idea behind this is not to only increase SAPD's activity but Argonath's in general.
/discuss

Offline Fractal

• Citizen
Re: [SA:MP] Academy Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2018, 01:06:20 am »
Argonath should change into a cops and robbers server.

Offline Sawyer

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2018, 01:22:36 am »

I don't see this being relevant to my points mentioned but okay feel free to suggest that at the right forums and section.

Offline Badandy

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2018, 03:32:15 am »

This has, is and will always be a light roleplay server. While that is addressed, let's get to the point.

I personally do not know how long it takes to become an Officer once achieving the cadet status. If it is as long as others say, then it should be possibly reworked to make it somewhat faster and more enjoyable. Though, it should not be too quick or lack standard tests so the Officer rank isn't devalued if any old man off the street can pass with subpar dedication or knowledge. I know this is just a game though and how I personally judge someone's performance is if they are willing to learn and dedicated to learning new things. If someone is motivated to learn when they know nothing then that is what I like. I also believe more in hands-on experience than book knowledge, but book knowledge is still quite important.

Police Officer III Andrew Badden
Internal Affairs Investigator
San Andreas Police Department "to protect and serve"

Offline Bas

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2018, 09:57:01 am »
The thing that most seem to forget is that SAPD isn't a group that is the right fit for everyone, SAPD officers are supposed to be well experienced and taught well so that the newer recruits or "freecops" can learn from them accordingly. The current academy was already sized down to the bare minimum but the issue is that people nowadays rather get it for free than actually having to work for their badge. I think most of us older people can remember how tricky it could be to finaly become a cadet back in the earlier days. I'm personaly willing to give everyone a chance who wants to work for it but if they just complaint that it is too much work before even entering in the academy they're out of luck.

Chief of Police Bas McCane
"You cannot police a community without effectively working with the community."

Offline Kowalski.

• [VC:MP] Retired FBI Director
  • Citizen
  • Ad Securos Imperium
  • Badge-ID: #FBI001
  • Discord: MrMeeses491#7309
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 10:01:09 am »
I think most of us older people can remember how tricky it could be to finaly become a cadet back in the earlier days

Isn't that the problem?

The VCPD Academy was simple, fun yet informative. Sessions did not involve lots of theory study, but rather, it involved practical training, fun work, and also contained the information required.

I won't comment on the SAPD academy as I don't know about it, but the VCPD Academy is exactly what a police academy should be like, in my opinion.

Credits to Huntsman for the great academy of VCPD in my time, and probably nowadays too  ;)

Retired General of the Armed Forces Kowalski
A.R.A.F. - Argonath RPG Armed Forces
U.S. Department of Defense

Offline Bas

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 10:13:38 am »
I think most of us older people can remember how tricky it could be to finaly become a cadet back in the earlier days

Isn't that the problem?

The VCPD Academy was simple, fun yet informative. Sessions did not involve lots of theory study, but rather, it involved practical training, fun work, and also contained the information required.

I won't comment on the SAPD academy as I don't know about it, but the VCPD Academy is exactly what a police academy should be like, in my opinion.

Credits to Huntsman for the great academy of VCPD in my time, and probably nowadays too  ;)

I've gone through the VCPD academy aswell and I must say on some parts SAMP is a bit more serious but in general the academy's are fairly alike. The issue is that on VCMP there is a whole other mentality of what cops should do and the level of realism they try to portray, which was one of the main reasons why I didn't stay around. I appreciate the feedback but in terms of what we're trying to achieve VCPD is nothing like SAPD.

Offline KJones

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 10:27:32 am »
First of all, thank you for the opinions.

Academy's idea is to make recruits suitable for everyday duties. Academy process is up to the student, how active he is that makes his being in the academy longer. If a recruit isn't motivated at the beginning he will keep moaning about long process etc. I would like to mention here Andrei Vizi, this cadet had a huge amount of motivation and willing, reading papers and doing ride-alongs didn't make him stop, but he has some things to make better before finishing academy.

What I wanted to say. Every cadet, the recruit has his own way to deal with time.  I know Argonath is facing a huge problem with activity, but if he really wants to finish academy he will find time and wish. Right now I'm working on a new academy model, that should be accepted by the chief.

Offline Kowalski.

• Citizen
  • Ad Securos Imperium
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 10:47:59 am »
Bas, I understand what you mean, with SAPD wanting to be somewhat more serious about things and really seeing true dedication for those applying.

It's fair enough, that you want to watch them for a good month or two, to see their true dedication, but this is a game, maybe you guys could be a little easier on the Cadets.

However, I get what you're saying, 100%.

Offline Bas

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 10:58:14 am »
Bas, I understand what you mean, with SAPD wanting to be somewhat more serious about things and really seeing true dedication for those applying.

It's fair enough, that you want to watch them for a good month or two, to see their true dedication, but this is a game, maybe you guys could be a little easier on the Cadets.

However, I get what you're saying, 100%.

The thing is, I am the last person that'll make people who are capable wait for 1-2 months since I believe that keeping people entertained for example with an academy or a promotion is the way to go. However in general people do not bother to apply anymore which I can't really explain since most people that complaint haven't been in the academy in years.

Offline Kowalski.

• Citizen
  • Ad Securos Imperium
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 11:02:02 am »
Fair enough

Offline Sawyer

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2018, 21:10:28 pm »
The point of this topic is meant to actually adjust SAPD with the server's current state, not to compare academies.
If you feel that the academy as a process is alright especially now, then it's fine, I guess.

Offline Jackson Smith

• Citizen
  • [WS]Dexter Smith
    • Skype - ankit.hans
  • Badge-ID: #141
  • SA-MP: [WS]Dexter_Smith
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2018, 07:39:26 am »
There shall be changes according to the environment in server. It may become hard to maintain the stability if we use the same procedure the whole time whilst server is facing activity issues. The current procedure is quite time consuming. Although the process is really great to chose the best but we should adapt some changes that are compatible to the current situation of server.
An eye for an eye will make the whole world blind - Mahatama Gandhi

Ex - SAPD Sergeant || S.W.A.T. Rookie || S.T.A.R Flight Sergeant || DD Detective

Offline Sawyer

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2018, 02:58:55 am »
I threw out some points which I believe made somewhat of a little sense.

There are however bigger points that I personally believe some haven't realized yet.
The golden era is now gone, for multiple reasons, we all know that..

.. this however doesn't mean that there must be a dead end. We need a few regular but important changes that will stack up and lead the server to its main root again; activity and fun. One of them being SAPD.

The few of us left have a common purpose, we should unite and get down to business at last. One who lost faith in the server is not remaining and still kickin.

What we got to lose anyway? The server is almost empty regardless.

Offline Radon

• Citizen
  • Beyond Conceptions
    • Skype - live:damikedude
  • SA-MP: Stefan_Soprano
  • VC:MP: Radon
  • IV:MP: Radon
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2018, 15:25:00 pm »
Finally, someone who decided to make a new suggestion topic rather than. In my opinion, I find it quite boring and long time processing from my point of view. They should rather remaster the academy and make the processing time shorter such as max 2-1 week to accept / deny. And even invent, or make the material somehow fun rather than (if this could be the scenario too). For example, look at us (VCPD), our processing tine is lesser and yet if you experienced as cadet getting seesions, you should rather find it more fun and even more creative rather than sticking exactly from the forum material. Hope you got my point.

Quote from: danigold
You suggest Photobucket to someone one more time and i'm demoting your ass so bad even [OC.B] will put an application ban on you.

Offline Kowalski.

• Citizen
  • Ad Securos Imperium
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2018, 15:26:27 pm »
I've gone through the VCPD academy aswell and I must say on some parts SAMP is a bit more serious but in general the academy's are fairly alike. The issue is that on VCMP there is a whole other mentality of what cops should do and the level of realism they try to portray, which was one of the main reasons why I didn't stay around. I appreciate the feedback but in terms of what we're trying to achieve VCPD is nothing like SAPD.

That's a response to what I asked, which is more or less the same thing.

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal