| Date: 19-04-24  Time: 18:40 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Khm
[August 08, 2023, 21:42:27 pm]

VCPD | Hall of Fame by Huntsman
[July 21, 2023, 00:25:01 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 216
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: LCPD | Public Questions & Comments  (Read 27939 times)

Offline Charles F. Offdensen

• Citizen
    • Skype - messier62
  • Badge-ID: #CL4964
LCPD | Public Questions & Comments
« on: December 24, 2011, 23:32:52 pm »

QUESTIONS & COMMENTS

Do you have any questions towards the LCPD officers or maybe the command staff? Do you have a comment about the LCPD? Dont hesitate and post them! In most of the cases your question / comment will be answered!

Retired Chief of Police and N.O.O.S.E. Commander

Offline Tomer

• Ex SFPD Senior Officer / Academy Teacher / SFPD Cadet Instructor
  • Citizen
  • Ex LCPD Officer
  • Badge-ID: #R16
Re: LCPD | Questions & Comments
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 22:00:07 pm »
Can i get a small explantion aboutthe cadet process ? if i will get accepted it will be important to me .

I just want to know like how much sessions will be , and a small summary of them , so i will can prepare before :)

Offline George MacHawk

• [IV:MP] NOOSE Cdr.
  • Citizen
  • a.k.a. hAWK
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 22:52:40 pm »
The best you can do is to learn and most important to understand the procedures of our department, also the codes. For the rest you will get information if you succeed passing. Don't worry, there is enough time to get familiar with the process.

Regards,

Chief MacHawk

Offline Mihail Junkovich

• Citizen
  • ja volet' sarma
  • Badge-ID: #CL5180
  • IV:MP: Mihail
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 15:59:09 pm »
I think that there should be some other ticketing system for trucks and heavy vehicles. There is much difference between a car and a truck who goes through town with speed of 80 km/h. Cars are lighter and can break/avoid with ease. But as for truck, I think that is not the case.

Maybe we should decrease limit for heavy vehicles on road to:

- 50/60 km/h at public places
- 100 km/h at highway

Offline George MacHawk

• Citizen
  • a.k.a. hAWK
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 19:17:47 pm »
This should be considered with the Minister of Traffic.

Regards,
Chief MacHawk

Offline Mihail Junkovich

• Citizen
  • ja volet' sarma
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2012, 22:56:59 pm »
I would like to suggest easier politics against newcomers. After all, a lot of them do not understand rules/language or even a meaning of roleplay. Due to that fact, I think there should be a new procedure/rule for police members. Procedure/Rule that will cover the situations when newcomers are lawbreaking. It should cover only smaller lawbreaks like - Speeding up to 30km/h, recklessdriving ( Any way of it ), Disturbing etc. I leave that for you to decide.

Reason - I've seen enough of chasing newcomers who don't know what do we want from them or don't understand that the server is not all about chasing with cops. Also, a lot of those chases endup with them killed, and after that.. sometimes, they start swearing and get banned because of that acting. So, this could be our little income for making our server a better place ;P

Please, consider it.

Regards,
Mihail

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 07:35:47 am »
I would like to suggest easier politics against newcomers. After all, a lot of them do not understand rules/language or even a meaning of roleplay. Due to that fact, I think there should be a new procedure/rule for police members. Procedure/Rule that will cover the situations when newcomers are lawbreaking. It should cover only smaller lawbreaks like - Speeding up to 30km/h, recklessdriving ( Any way of it ), Disturbing etc. I leave that for you to decide.

Reason - I've seen enough of chasing newcomers who don't know what do we want from them or don't understand that the server is not all about chasing with cops. Also, a lot of those chases endup with them killed, and after that.. sometimes, they start swearing and get banned because of that acting. So, this could be our little income for making our server a better place ;P

Please, consider it.

Regards,
Mihail
I think what you are referring to is actually something in real life called "Letter Of The Law versus Spirit Of The Law". If Officers believe no harm was meant by the actions, giving the new players an explanation of their crimes and letting them off with a warning would be within the Spirit Of The Law, since it accomplishes what the law was set out to do, which is protect people, and the drivers themselves, from reckless vehicular operation.

If Officers followed the law to the letter, and gave out tickets as you described anyway, because the crimes committed are illegal, then the Officers would be following the Letter Of The Law, which means they are enforcing it exactly as it is stated, rather than intended, technically speaking, of course.

Offline Mihail Junkovich

• Citizen
  • ja volet' sarma
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 11:32:59 am »
Didn't ever heard about that names and understanding of the laws, but, yes I would refer to the "Spirit Of The Law". With that, at least inside of our division, we can try first to show them why they shouldn't do some specif action and only after that, if they continue after explaining, then.. we should pullover/suspect and try to get him "understand" on harder way.

Make the Spirit be the Letter. :)

Offline George MacHawk

• Citizen
  • a.k.a. hAWK
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2012, 18:59:34 pm »
This is hard to be achieved. A decent number of them don't know even English, besides I think we are enough liberal. As I stated in the traffic regulations topic, you shouldn't ticket them unless they do not respond on the command you gave them. The problem is that they try to run away even on routine traffic stop.

Offline Mihail Junkovich

• Citizen
  • ja volet' sarma
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2012, 19:36:12 pm »
By thinking liberal I would refer to letting some of those crimes "unnoticed". For example, if a player who doesn't know english or is a newcomer goes on wrong side of the road or makes U-Turn on wrong place.. you can forgive him that. Same thing for minor speeding and reckless driving. Those are not a big lawbreaks.. and shouldn't endup with trying to pull them over and then chasing them, which will sooner or later endup with killing them, only because of some minor lawbreak.

So, easier politics are needed by my opinion. This is after all GTA :)

Offline Ben

• Argonath Sheriff
  • Citizen
  • Credit goes to Sushi for the avatar.
  • Badge-ID: #CS2067
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2012, 19:44:46 pm »
Well, as an Officer you enforce the law. The Chief cannot exactly tell you not to follow what the law says, but you can unofficially "not notice" if a new player does a minor traffic infraction.
Serving DPD since 2010
Serving the ARPD since 2009

Retired Sheriff

Medal of:
Honour
x1
Whiskey x2
Loyalty x3
Respect x1
Leadership x1
Meritorious Service x2
Community Policing x2
Police Life-Saving x2

“Everything is possible for him who believes.” - Mark 9:23
You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

Offline Mihail Junkovich

• Citizen
  • ja volet' sarma
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2012, 19:53:26 pm »
But, wouldn't it be good if we would approve being tolerant on server? It would be good if you could just add something that will improve the things like - If you see a player who is doing minor lawbreaks you should first give him a short warning with sirens/megaphone and not instantly go after /m1 /m1 /m2 /m STOP RIGHT THERE YOU CRIMINAL!

Some procedure like that would surely improve things a little bit. :)

Offline George MacHawk

• Citizen
  • a.k.a. hAWK
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2012, 21:05:51 pm »
I am sure that nobody will turn on the sirens on a single U-turn, for example. You can just signal him/her with your sirens/horn when you are witness of a minor traffic violation in case it was unintended or did not threaten the nearby somehow. I think it is logical.

Offline Mihail Junkovich

• Citizen
  • ja volet' sarma
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2012, 21:29:30 pm »
Yes it is logical, but these nova days players don't think logical.. they think about chasing, $$$ and being awesome ^^

For example, I didn't ever ( I did once, or twice but let us count it as never ) see that someone quit from chasing some player which is speeding. Situation - There is a speeding vehicle in the city. A patrol car ( Some cop ) have a visual on it. They turn on the sirens and went after him.. BUT, due to the fact that car from suspicous person was faster, they lose it. Patrol car report lost visual.

They will usually just continue chasing after his marker and, eventually when they catch up to him.. they will just /su him, with reason he didn't stop ( Actually the suspect didn't even saw pullover message due to his distance from patrol car ).

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2012, 06:23:00 am »
Boys and girls, turning a blind eye was not what I meant! D:

Offline Mihail Junkovich

• Citizen
  • ja volet' sarma
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 11:19:53 am »
Ok, I will not force this, but from now and on I'll try to represent that Spirit thing. We shall see how much players can I "convert" ^^

:ps: hAWK I had another idea for driving, it matters blocking techniques. Maybe we should do some tutorial on that subject too? :)

Offline Ben

• Argonath Sheriff
  • Citizen
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 13:57:29 pm »
Boys and girls, turning a blind eye was not what I meant! D:
I know...but again, as a Chief, you can't officially tell us to turn a blind eye  ;)
Serving DPD since 2010

Retired Sheriff

Medal of:
Honour
x1
Whiskey x2
Loyalty x3
Respect x1
Leadership x1
Meritorious Service x2
Community Policing x2
Police Life-Saving x2

You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2012, 18:17:03 pm »
The idea isn't to turn a blind eye though! It's to use your judgement in situations that apply where enforcing what the law was meant to enforce instead of enforcing it word for word.

Offline Ben

• Argonath Sheriff
  • Citizen
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2012, 18:48:27 pm »
The idea isn't to turn a blind eye though! It's to use your judgement in situations that apply where enforcing what the law was meant to enforce instead of enforcing it word for word.
This could go on forever  :rofl:
Serving DPD since 2010

Retired Sheriff

Medal of:
Honour
x1
Whiskey x2
Loyalty x3
Respect x1
Leadership x1
Meritorious Service x2
Community Policing x2
Police Life-Saving x2

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2012, 19:06:19 pm »
This could go on forever  :rofl:
Turning a blind eye is misuse of your job to let criminals go free. That is not at all what I am saying to do.

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal