| Date: 19-04-24  Time: 18:49 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Khm
[August 08, 2023, 21:42:27 pm]

VCPD | Hall of Fame by Huntsman
[July 21, 2023, 00:25:01 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 228
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: ARPD Forum Updates  (Read 79121 times)

Offline ~Legend~

• [VC:MP] SWAT Lieutenant
  • Citizen
Re: ARPD Forum Updates
« Reply #340 on: January 01, 2014, 21:14:53 pm »
Just been cleaning up many of the public stickys and information topics, particularly the outdated ones.
It's a long task and often it comes down to each department to update their content.

If there is anything that you feel should or shouldn't be in Police Procedures and State Laws or News & Announcements please leave a post in this topic about it.

Offline James Moretti

• [SA:MP] Retired Lieutenant
  • Citizen
  • Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.
  • SA-MP: James_Moretti
  • IV:MP: Dean_Callaghan
« Reply #341 on: January 01, 2014, 22:13:40 pm »
Just been cleaning up many of the public stickys and information topics, particularly the outdated ones.
It's a long task and often it comes down to each department to update their content.

If there is anything that you feel should or shouldn't be in Police Procedures and State Laws or News & Announcements please leave a post in this topic about it.

http://arpd.argonathrpg.com/forum/index.php?topic=8695.0

That one doesn't really belong there  :grin:
Former
SAPD Lieutenant | FBI Director

LIEUTENANT  JAMES MORETTI
Counter Terrorism & Special Operations Bureau
S.W.A.T.
K9 Handler

Offline MrTrane

• [SA:MP] Former Chief of Police
  • Citizen
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]MrTrane
« Reply #342 on: January 01, 2014, 22:21:38 pm »

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #343 on: January 26, 2015, 00:00:02 am »
I am missing Supervisory Officer forum rights or something. When I click "join us" I am missing all the additional application requests such as SWAT, SGT, Air division, ASID, etc....

Offline PulseEffect

• [SA:MP] Judge
  • Citizen
  • Orta Recens Quam Pura Nites
    • Skype - alexander.an2
  • SA-MP: =AV=PulseEffect
« Reply #344 on: January 26, 2015, 00:01:51 am »
I am missing Supervisory Officer forum rights or something. When I click "join us" I am missing all the additional application requests such as SWAT, SGT, Air division, ASID, etc....

No you aren't missing rights, your rights aren't set up properly, thanks to ARPD Forum Administration, the form view permissions are screwed up. Chiefs from other PDs (non SA:MP SAPD) can see applications for Air Division, etc even if they aren't part of SA:MP SAPD is a good example of how messed up the permissions are.

~~
[VC:MP] Former VCPD Captain | [SA:MP] Former SAPD Senior Officer

Offline Martin_Collins

• [IV:MP] Ex. LCPD Officer
  • Citizen
    • Skype - martijn.g.
  • SA-MP: Martin_Collins
  • IV:MP: Martin_Collins
« Reply #345 on: January 26, 2015, 06:29:02 am »

No you aren't missing rights, your rights aren't set up properly, thanks to ARPD Forum Administration, the form view permissions are screwed up. Chiefs from other PDs (non SA:MP SAPD) can see applications for Air Division, etc even if they aren't part of SA:MP SAPD is a good example of how messed up the permissions are.
This should't be too hars to fix since SMF does have a very simple to configurate, but advanced permissions system.

Offline PulseEffect

• [SA:MP] Judge
  • Citizen
  • Orta Recens Quam Pura Nites
    • Skype - alexander.an2
  • SA-MP: =AV=PulseEffect
« Reply #346 on: January 26, 2015, 06:40:11 am »

This should't be too hars to fix since SMF does have a very simple to configurate, but advanced permissions system.

No it shouldn't be. Your point exactly. If someone can take the time to actually fix them, then these sorts of issues wouldn't happen.

~~
[VC:MP] Former VCPD Captain | [SA:MP] Former SAPD Senior Officer

Offline Martin_Collins

• Citizen
    • Skype - martijn.g.
« Reply #347 on: January 26, 2015, 07:48:49 am »

No it shouldn't be. Your point exactly. If someone can take the time to actually fix them, then these sorts of issues wouldn't happen.
I'm used to work with SMF, and learning this kind of stuff, including databases etc etc. at college. I'm willing to help, but unfortunately I don't have the rights to perform these actions.

Offline Allison

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Alicia Ross
« Reply #348 on: January 26, 2015, 07:50:56 am »
Plenty of able-bodied people have offered to give assistance to the webteam, though most-to-all offers were turned down or disregarded. Nothing we Chief's can do either, everything rests on the shoulders of the webmasters.

Offline Castiel

• Just a
  • Citizen
  • Failure is step to success, don't give up.
    • Skype - eric.eagle8
  • Badge-ID: #P93
« Reply #349 on: January 26, 2015, 08:03:56 am »
everything rests on the shoulders of the webmasters.
Who are pretty much inactive or either not willing to do anything.

Respect the server and its players.
Ex- SAPD Supervisory Officer/AD Senior Airman Castiel McCabe

Offline Plam Knight

• SAMP Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: *LV1609
« Reply #350 on: January 26, 2015, 12:12:06 pm »

I would love to hear on what do you base that assumption on, based off the information you can see.

Now if somebody takes time to report those issues in the proper boards, then simply moaning and pointing out things in the wrong board.
Its funny how there is always these command members that moan and say how their requests are not dealt with, yet at the end they never really filed a proper request. They simply waited for someone to read their mind and when nobody did, they go around moaning. Don't forget at the end of the day you represent command staff and acting like this, makes everyone look bad.

Offline Martin_Collins

• Citizen
    • Skype - martijn.g.
« Reply #351 on: January 26, 2015, 12:51:11 pm »

I would love to hear on what do you base that assumption on, based off the information you can see.

Now if somebody takes time to report those issues in the proper boards, then simply moaning and pointing out things in the wrong board.
Its funny how there is always these command members that moan and say how their requests are not dealt with, yet at the end they never really filed a proper request. They simply waited for someone to read their mind and when nobody did, they go around moaning. Don't forget at the end of the day you represent command staff and acting like this, makes everyone look bad.

I didn't had the intention to moan or something. As you can see in my replies, I was only offering help.

Offline Plam Knight

• SAMP Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: *LV1609
« Reply #352 on: January 26, 2015, 12:55:09 pm »
My post was directed to Pulse.

Offline Castiel

• Just a
  • Citizen
  • Failure is step to success, don't give up.
    • Skype - eric.eagle8
  • Badge-ID: #P93
« Reply #353 on: January 26, 2015, 13:15:42 pm »
I will not bring my situation to public but you can come to skype if you really wanted to know why I said that.

Respect the server and its players.
Ex- SAPD Supervisory Officer/AD Senior Airman Castiel McCabe

Offline Andrew Banks

• ARPD Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • Badge-ID: #A98
« Reply #354 on: January 26, 2015, 16:40:27 pm »
First of all, I am aware of the issue and I was already actively working on it. There was a bug in the formats which I tried to fix, and some other issues came up, it is still being worked on.

Secondly, if you find an issue, report it and don't go throw shit around while you don't even know how or what then please shut your pie hole.

The webmasters are not inactive and I have not seen a single one of he people posting above reporting an issue to me so before you are saying we are inactive or not willing to do anything, look at your self and start reporting the issues you see. I don't care who you are or which rank you carry but if you are here to disrespect people then I will show you the door.

The issue will be worked on and I will discuss it with someone that set up the system. And if you have any bugs, report them to me instead of shitting on people.

Police Commissioner Andrew Banks
United States of Argonath
Argonath Police Department - "To protect and serve"

Offline Andrew Banks

• ARPD Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • Badge-ID: #A98
« Reply #355 on: January 26, 2015, 16:56:43 pm »

Nice to see you blame the forum staff when the permissions were set up perfectly fine by the webmasters, yet groups were added, removed and eddited by the chiefs themselves, f**king up the permissions, then people like you come by and blame us even though you don't know shit about what is actually going on, so next time you find a bug report it, and start getting facts before you blatantly go around telling people off for stuff.

Supervisory officers should be able to use the forms now, there was a small issue due to the group being created after the forms and the chiefs never informing webmasters they needed to have the supervisories on the form.

If anyone else is experiencing any issues, feel free to contact me.

Police Commissioner Andrew Banks
United States of Argonath
Argonath Police Department - "To protect and serve"

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal