| Date: 03-05-24  Time: 10:42 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 94
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: ARPD Forum Updates  (Read 79674 times)

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
Re: ARPD Forum Updates
« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2012, 01:34:46 am »
Sunday, 1st of January

• Implemented a new Award script (made by me) for the forum. You can set your own medals that you've been awarded by simply going to the Profile tab > Forum Profile and search for Award field. With this, please do set the size of you're image to the width of [IMG width=110 height=24].
  • Various boards updated
  • Some refreshments in the forum / maintenance

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2012, 01:51:01 am »
The Awards seem to be a bit bugged when displaying in your "mini-profile" when posting in topics. It might be better to hide it from that so people can view the entire list from just the person's profile. :cop:

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• Citizen
« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2012, 02:00:44 am »
Don't really see a issue with it at the moment as it's basic, and temporarily until the database is fixed, also it can be viewed via profile. But i will work on it more to improve it when I'm available

Offline Goodandy

• Citizen
    • Skype - goodandy153
« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2012, 02:08:24 am »
Great job Paul! Looking forward to more awesome stuff from you.  ;)

And happy new year!

Offline [R*]EliteTerm

• E-1337
  • Citizen
  • Tommy Vercetti, Remember the name!
    • Skype - eliteterm13
  • Badge-ID: #VC1337
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2012, 04:00:42 am »
Could you fix the header? It's kinda driving me crazy :lol:

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• Citizen
« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2012, 04:10:03 am »

Uh which and what's with it.

Also, ARPD Forums will be snowing for today.  :gandalf:

Offline [R*]EliteTerm

• E-1337
  • Citizen
  • Tommy Vercetti, Remember the name!
    • Skype - eliteterm13
  • Badge-ID: #VC1337
« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2012, 05:23:11 am »

Uh which and what's with it.

Also, ARPD Forums will be snowing for 2-3 days.  :gandalf:

This

It keeps reappearing and disappearing with every rotation of the news headline, shifting the entire forums because of it.

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• Citizen
« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2012, 05:25:38 am »
Fixed, suppose to be put somewhere else..

Offline Tomer

• Ex SFPD Senior Officer / Academy Teacher / SFPD Cadet Instructor
  • Citizen
  • Ex LCPD Officer
  • Badge-ID: #R16
« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2012, 11:19:29 am »
Great job Paul! Looking forward to more awesome stuff from you.  ;)

And happy new year!

Offline ~Legend~

• [VC:MP] SWAT Lieutenant
  • Citizen
« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2012, 16:12:24 pm »
Awesome, shall be checking out the updates.

Ohh & congrats, Paul. ;)

P.S. It would be cool if it was possible to have your "connections" - (PSN, Xbox Live... YIM, MSN etc.) on one line or, split up into 2, rather than multiple lines with blanks next to some of the icons in your posting profile, "mini-profile". Perhaps they are sub-divided into categories like that.

Ohh, and perhaps for the Awards field, it would be cool if we could knock off the "Awards:" text itself on your profile to save room + I think departments refer to them differently too.

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• Citizen
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2012, 16:25:44 pm »
I'll be removing the Awards field for now, as i will be testing some features with it. It seems that there is a database error which will be fixed once Gandalf is available. Then I'll implement the new awards system which is basically a lot more useful..

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2012, 17:06:12 pm »
I'll be removing the Awards field for now, as i will be testing some features with it. It seems that there is a database error which will be fixed once Gandalf is available. Then I'll implement the new awards system which is basically a lot more useful..
The database issue is the same reason why boards are limited, and why setting all ranks to view a board, (which shouldn't be done with our system anyway), triggers the database error, as well.

P.S. SMF 2.0.2 is out too. When Gandalf is back, be sure to have him back things up before you install it via the Package Manager. ARPD Forums has had A LOT of mods installed over the years, so sometimes it likes to crash when you try to do something normal :P
P.P.S. If installing the update, remember to uninstall all the mods prior, and reinstall them AFTER the update has been installed! I can't count how many times people have forgotten this and bugged the entire forum :lol:

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• Citizen
« Reply #92 on: January 02, 2012, 05:01:27 am »
The reason the database has a error on some specific areas of the forum is because the database (php) files are outdated to 2.0 instead of 2.0.1. However, the new SMF version (2.0.2) is a important update with some security measures which are mandatory to the forum. Hopefully everything will be set up to be fixed at some point.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #93 on: January 02, 2012, 05:21:35 am »
The reason the database has a error on some specific areas of the forum is because the database (php) files are outdated to 2.0 instead of 2.0.1. However, the new SMF version (2.0.2) is a important update with some security measures which are mandatory to the forum. Hopefully everything will be set up to be fixed at some point.
That shouldn't be possible if the forum upgrades the database upon updates. It also shouldn't of happened in SMF 2.0 itself then either. It sounds like someone might've made a mistake when they migrated the forum from SMF 1.x to SMF 2.x...*rolls eyes and giggles*

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• Citizen
« Reply #94 on: January 02, 2012, 05:41:22 am »
That's correct, somethings do get updated.
But the other 3/4 of forums database is still outdated to version 2.0

Here's a screenshot of some parts of the database.

Hence why the forum has some problems as per database errors request these php files to be updated, and thus i sent Gandalf the fixes to that.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2012, 06:17:58 am »
I'm not sure how correct that report is though. The Admin Panel has been bugged for awhile with detecting the version, as has the AM/PM time detection for all users. Either way, this is a mess. Thank you for at least finding the cause Paul. We'll probably never know what led to it, but at least we know how to fix it now. :cop:

Edit: That might not be the cause afterall. It seems that's actually normal. I just checked ARFD forums too, which is running SMF 2.0.2, and many of the sections say 2.0 and 2.0.1, in addition to the normal 2.0.2 stuff. Being that 2.0.1 and 2.0.2 are updates to the 2.0 Gold release itself, it could be explained that the SMF developers just updated only the files they needed to change in the newer versions, and left the rest untouched in the current forms.

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• Citizen
« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2012, 06:42:25 am »
Yeah, but in the database error when attempting to create-boards, it indicates that it needs the latest version at some point of a reason which is odd, but it will do the job when manually updating it.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2012, 20:04:23 pm »
Yeah, but in the database error when attempting to create-boards, it indicates that it needs the latest version at some point of a reason which is odd, but it will do the job when manually updating it.
This is just a theory, but any chance ARPD forums has any mods installed that use the version emulation system? I'm thinking one may have been partially uninstalled, but not completely, and messed things up a bit while the setting was still on. I know the uninstallation of mods was an issue awhile back because a few times people forgot to uninstall all of them before an update. :P

Offline Ronnel

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2012, 22:17:05 pm »
As you are probably not yet completely known with the system, on any database error aan update is suggested, yet in minor updates SMF does not always adapt the database field. The 2.01 and 2.02 are minor updates in PHP that have not changed anything in the database, and it seems SMF has not found it worth to update de version number.

The database error refers to a mod (twitter) that has previously been installed but has been removed without fully removing the database fields. The field needs to be scrapped from the database, which means I need  bit of time as I prefer to make a full backup before such actions.

Note regarding the awards: this is a very old mod that I have ported myself to SMF 2.0
If you need to reinstall, do not use the standard version unless it has by now been re-released for 2.0.2
Also please NEVER install any mod that gives an installation error as MrTrane has more than once broken the forum by doing so.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #99 on: January 02, 2012, 22:31:35 pm »
As you are probably not yet completely known with the system, on any database error aan update is suggested, yet in minor updates SMF does not always adapt the database field. The 2.01 and 2.02 are minor updates in PHP that have not changed anything in the database, and it seems SMF has not found it worth to update de version number.

The database error refers to a mod (twitter) that has previously been installed but has been removed without fully removing the database fields. The field needs to be scrapped from the database, which means I need  bit of time as I prefer to make a full backup before such actions.

Note regarding the awards: this is a very old mod that I have ported myself to SMF 2.0
If you need to reinstall, do not use the standard version unless it has by now been re-released for 2.0.2
Also please NEVER install any mod that gives an installation error as MrTrane has more than once broken the forum by doing so
Ah ha! So my suspection of a mod being at fault was correct! Glad to hear you know the cause Gandy. :cop:

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal