| Date: 19-04-24  Time: 12:55 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Khm
[August 08, 2023, 21:42:27 pm]

VCPD | Hall of Fame by Huntsman
[July 21, 2023, 00:25:01 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 213
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: [REINSTATEMENT] VCPD: Huntsman  (Read 1138 times)

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
[REINSTATEMENT] VCPD: Huntsman
« on: August 08, 2022, 11:52:04 am »

Vice City Police Department
ACADEMY

Application: Huntsman

1. Name and Lastname:
Gabriel Adams
2. Previous Names (if any):
Fredericko_Kaufman
3. Age:

4. How long have you been playing Argonath RPG VCMP?:
Over 10 years
5. Why would you like to join the Vice City Police Department?:
I decided to request reinstatement to the position of Chief of Police of Vice City Police Department after a discussion on server activity and how to bring it up. It has been pointed out that police activity is a must for server activity, as has been proven several times before. However, the current inactivity of the police department is bringing down server activity. For this reason, this application is so I can step up and try to bring VCPD activity back up to par so the server has a chance to get back to normal activity. As for personal reasons, I now have more free time than before due to the fact I have graduated university and am living a rather flexible life, I can afford some time for playing video games, so it would be nice to step into these shoes once again.
6. Why do you think you are a suitable candidate to become a VCPD Cadet?:
I have extensive previous experience all over ARPD, and already have experience as VCPD Chief of Police. I did previously rise to the position due to being a "crisis time leader", managing to bring VCPD activity up and making it a visible part of the server again after a spell of inactivity, so I am confident I can do it again.

7. Have you ever had any criminal ties in Vice City? If so, please explain:
I had a short lived criminal gang "Kaufman Cartel" which I used to have something to do during the rare spells of activity.
8. Do you have any previous experience in other Argonath RPG Police Departments?:
Yes
9. Do you agree to follow VCPD Procedures and Regulations as well as server rules?
Yes
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline Klaus

• Citizen
  • VC:MP: [NWM]Klaus
Re: [REINSTATEMENT] VCPD: Huntsman
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 12:48:42 pm »
Hi Hunts,

I appreciate that you want to return again and help the VCPD. It is however obvious that I have doubts based on your previous actions in the past.

You were reinstated a number of times before, and you've left the PD for various reasons. I won't go over them all, but I'll focus on the last time you chose to resign. You said the following:

It's been evident that my interest in the game just isn't what it used to be. While I have some time off, I only have time to spend in one server. And most of you already know that I feel that the RAGE:MP server is where the I feel most comfortable spending that time.

What has changed since to change your mind? You said your interest for the game is no more. You've also said that the server is 'dead' in the past. The GTA V server is still running, so how are you going to spend time on more than 1 server? Are you capable of taking on such a role and balancing your time?

To be reinstated is one thing, but to be reinstated to the highest rank possible is another. You of all people know the extra responsibility this position holds. You have the experience and the ability to do it, you've shown this to us before. However, you've also shown instability at times, and a likeness to drop everything and walk away when times get hard. Instability is not what we would want here again, the PD needs stability and strength, especially within the High Command. Recent history has not been kind to VCPD, with corruption and other problems.

If I am going to reinstate you and put my trust in you, you need to clear these doubts for me first.

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 13:14:34 pm »
Hey,

First of all, thank you for your reply and for considering the reinstatement request.

I understand some of the doubts you might have and why you have them. However, hopefully after I am done with my clarification and explanation those doubts will be gone.

What has changed since to change your mind? You said your interest for the game is no more. You've also said that the server is 'dead' in the past. The GTA V server is still running, so how are you going to spend time on more than 1 server? Are you capable of taking on such a role and balancing your time?

The lack of interest in the game at the time was due to spending really excessive amounts of time on it at times, especially when I was Chief. I think I had experienced burn out when it came to the game, and to be fair I still stand by my decision to resign from the position at the time. If you remember, you yourself have agreed with my decision, saying that "it's time".

I had put a lot of effort and time into VCPD at the time which has really taken its toll on me, and my interest in the server as a whole. I think I had a hard-time balancing my real life responsibilities and my position in the VCPD. This was also due to the added stress of having to graduate university, and juggle between finding enough time to study for Uni, to work, and to play.

Now when you are referring to my attempts to come back in the past (which were two, by the way), I think there were several reasons why they failed:
1) I really felt demotivated by being forced to sit on the officer rank. I never mentioned it that much, but I thought that I deserved to at least be put in a command rank after the effort I have put into the PD. I think that if you look at it through my eyes I believe you would understand why you would not feel as motivated anymore when a department that you have put your blood, soul and sweat for a year into decides that you are not trust-worthy enough to be reinstated to a Sergeant rank at least and keeps you as officer, as if the year of leadership and its accomplishments were not enough of proof that I can be trusted. I think that this was one of the bigger reasons why I ended up leaving the PD again. The stress of upcoming graduation and Bachelor's Degree defence was not helping either.
2) It was too soon to return. I needed a good break not only from Argonath, VCMP, and VCPD, but from gaming in general. I had not really gotten into any games too much afterwards and didn't play anything. I needed to get things in my own life in order (university studies, accommodation, work, etc etc.) before I could find motivation to play anything.
3) When I mentioned RAGE:MP and "losing interest in VCMP" at the time - I did not lie. At the time, for the reasons mentioned in points 1 and 2, I had "overexperienced VCMP". I felt like RAGE:MP might be that one game that might reignite my interest (which it did not, as I resigned from there too not long after) due to being a "newer and fresher" experience.
The GTA V server is still running, so how are you going to spend time on more than 1 server?
I no longer play RageMP and have not done so in a long time.

You've also said that the server is 'dead' in the past.

I have mentioned that the server is dead. To be precise, that Argonath is dead. And to be fair, at this time - it quite is. However, this is my attempt to actually do something about it rather than whine. My insistence on its "death" should not be mistaken for some attempt to crap on the server or the community. Instead, it was rather an attempt to get people to actually aknowledge so something can be done about it. I see that people do feel very strongly about such a word, however, so I decided to just take action instead. I want to "undead" it. Why I think this is one of the ways to do so I already explained several times before: an active police presence is necessary for people to be interested to play, as being challenged is one of the core aspects of the way our server is built, and it's tough to get challenged without police presence. For this reason, I do not think that me calling out the server, or rather the community, on being "dead" can be held against me in this case. I am still here after all.

However, you've also shown instability at times, and a likeness to drop everything and walk away when times get hard.

The instability in question was rather my lack of maturity at the time. We have to understand that a lot has changed since then. About four years have passed if I am not mistaken. My lifestyle has changed, my outlook has changed, my view and mentality towards a lot of things has changed as well, which I think has also changed me as a person to an extent. I settled in, finished University, found a place to live, have an office job and a part-time job in the army to blow off steam when needed - I feel "stable" in my own life now, which was something I lacked back then. I believe that this will reflect in my decisions here, too.

I do strongly disagree with the other half of the sentence. I have not walked away when times got hard.  My entire VCPD career was built on doing the exact opposite: I joined a department whose own chief was no longer motivated to play and the PD was experiencing lack of activity. I took it into my own hands to actually do something about it, to take the lead and to spark people's interest in playing as VCPD again. Not shying away from hard times was exactly what got me as Chief in the first place.

When I finally resigned as the Chief of Police, I had given Kessu and Dani (Deputy Chief at the time) like a few months notice, and told them this was coming once I think that the department is stable enough for it. When I finally resigned, I left VCPD in perfect shape. I cannot be held liable that the leaderships since were incapable of maintaining said state of the department. This is something people accuse me rather often on and it just rubs me the wrong way. I made sure to have everything in order before I left, the server management, and the command staff knew it was coming months before I actually did it. For this reason, I cannot agree that I have tendency to drop everything and walk away. I walked away because I wanted to rest, and I walked away when times were better than ever before.

Instability is not what we would want here again, the PD needs stability and strength, especially within the High Command. Recent history has not been kind to VCPD, with corruption and other problems.

And yet, despite the quirks with my personality and whatever flaws I might have, I would dare to say that VCPD was the most stable under my leadership than it was ever since. I am confident that now with those quirks more or less ironed out, I can make it better than ever before.

I have a plan drafted already for how I can start to get VCPD back up on its feet, and I am ready to cooperate with Kowalski and the FBI to make it happen.

All I need is to be given the ability to do my thing as I did before and I am very confident the results will speak for themselves.

Are you capable of taking on such a role and balancing your time?
As previously mentioned, I have finished my studies, am done with most of the struggles of early adulthood and have enough time for my hobbies, one of them being video games. That will no longer be a problem.

Ofcourse, you cannot expect me to play everysingle day of the week like I used to before, as that will only lead to burnout, but I will be able to maintain stable activity.

As a final note, I would also like to appeal that I think despite the shortcomings I might have had, or maybe still have, most people will remember my time as a Chief rather fondly, despite trying to pull my leg about it from time to time. It was one of the better times for the server, one that represented stability and stable activity.

I hope I have argued my case.

Regards.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline Klaus

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 14:21:43 pm »
The server was never dead. It's been inactive, but it's never stopped running/breathing. Your choice of words can be better. Contrary to whatever you might believe, there are people here who never stopped playing.

You achieved a lot before with VCPD, and I don't think anyone is denying that. However, it's important for you to realise that you shouldn't feel entitled just because of that. If you remember before your last reinstatement, you'd have switched sides and committed various crimes. You've done the same recently with Kaufman. It's perfectly normal not to immediately trust someone who appears unstable, joining and resigning as often as you have done in the past. Face challenges head on, and don't demand trust or respect, but instead earn it.

I think it's fair to say that it's likely at some point in the future your life will become more stressful, and your workload may rise. It's how you react and manage those times that show your maturity. One doesn't need to resign, and drop their responsibilities because suddenly they find themselves preoccupied with other things. Explain your situation and keep communication open and things will sort themselves out in time.

I'm in agreement with management that you're the best candidate to lead the department right now. Therefore I'm more than happy to give you the opportunity. Only, I hope you can make VCPD your home for the foreseeable future and not just be a temporary thing. As mentioned before, the department needs stability and strong leadership. It needs to come from loyal, experienced players who can lead the way and encourage new Officers to follow suit and become loyal and trustworthy.

Offline Klaus

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 14:23:33 pm »

Vice City Police Department
Academy

Dear Applicant,

CONGRATULATIONS,

You have previously passed the required tests, therefore you are allowed to skip the academy and are now reinstated to VCPD Chief of Police. Welcome home.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal