| Date: 29-04-24  Time: 19:50 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 461
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: It's time for me to pack up and part away.  (Read 4969 times)

Offline Gregory Parker

• Citizen
  • Inactive.
    • Skype - younes.ar1
  • Badge-ID: #134
It's time for me to pack up and part away.
« on: July 25, 2018, 17:18:25 pm »
It's been four years since I joined this community, not really a long period of time as most of the veterans here.
I joined in around June-July, I believe was June the 14th. My first station was the IV:MP Community. IV:MP was the first ever multiplayer server I joined and sticked to. I had a good welcoming from the players online, everyone was just so nice and I knew I wouldn't regret it if I stay. My English was ridiculous, I couldn't even form a simple sentence without having at latest a hundred errors in it. The first person I got to talk to was Victor2006, it wasn't the best conditions someone could meet as I was rather in a trouble and he was doing his administrative duties, but I at least got to know the rules from him.. he became one of the guys I looked to, and by time I was interested in the Aperture Laboratories and the LCPD, as my main focus is the law and it's enforcement.. After struggling with my personal development and getting to know the server, I finally did it. I joined the LCPD as a Cadet, and went through the Academy. I made good friends in the department, and had people I looked up to, always wanted to be like them. I wouldn't have learnt anything if it wasn't to the LCPD, mainly by Mihail Junkovich who's done more than he can to actually teach me the basics..

Years passed, I got to pass through the ranks, was interested in the detective work and finally joined DETD with my dearest friend Marco Maverick (Dinokid23) and Kevin Parker, under Havok and previously Driggz who've taught us all they knew about the job. We started to work alongside the FBI, even though they didn't like us at first, I and the rest of the team did our best to convince them we are just trying to help and not steal their job, and it worked at last.. I was motivated, and that motivation made me climb up the ranking ladder and reach up to Deputy Chief. A lot happened during that journey, I made friends, and some who considered me enemies, but I don't even remember them and I doubt they still think that afterall..

I was just a normal person who's just shy in his own corner with his ridiculous English.. I improved since then, and I managed to make friends I consider closer than those I have in real life. I made friends I relied on, and gave them all the trust, more than someone would give to his own family member. Some I still know until today, and some I lost contact with. Even though we don't talk anymore, I've always still considered them friends and I'll be always glad to assist whenever they need me, whether be it in game or in real life if they someday require..

Years later I had to leave IV:MP. I lost motivation and my main reason was how the environment was and how some players were always dealt with. How things were running in IV:MP were not what I expected. I was blinded for quite some years because of my motivation, but after reaching the rank of a Deputy Chief, my eyes opened wider and I started to understand how things work, and that they never are going to change because of the humanity touch in there.. there is never something perfect, but as long as no one was working to change that, I couldn't remain.

I left to SA:MP, which I got to know mainly because of a conversation we had with CBFasi in the LCPD skype chat. I remember saying something about SA:MP and getting a counter message from CBFasi which pushed me to try SAMP. I joined, learnt from those I met there. Some of the LCPD members also moved there before I did, and they introduced me to SAPD and how things were working in SAMP. I also met people in the server I always considered friends and still do. They gave me chances I would never imagine of, even though I wasn't up to some standards they still helped me. I became a member of the SWAT team which was my family, under the lead of Drix and Celso, I learnt a lot and mainly overcame my fear of communication in a foreign language. The team helped me improve my English both written and spoken.. the team unfortunately started to break in 2016 as some decided to leave.. and later on all of the members left the community because of how things were being run..

I passed my final high school grade and finally graduated and joined the university.. a place I'm proud of being in. A place I believe would help me improve and become the person I wanted, and also develop myself both mentally and financially, and get to meet someday the people I always considered friends. I started getting occupied and my mind started getting full. My way of thinking changed, and my motivation to play games decreased.. my activity dropped, and many talked shit on my back but I never cared about it.

Years passed, and exactly on Novemeber the 23rd, I lost every piece of motivation I had to play. I was about to leave the whole community , but I rather decided to stay and go completely on a reported inactivity and focus on my studies. Few months passed, and SAPD started going down hill because of the inactivity and the bad decisions taken.. I became a Sergeant and then a Lieutenant, during that period of time I did all my best to keep the department up working however it was really hard due to how broken it was, and mainly how the server was being run..

On February the 3rd, I was promoted by the assigned ARPD Commissioners to the position of a Deputy Chief, to assist Trane as he was really occupied in real life and could not provide much attention to the department. Unfortunately I never considered my era successful, mainly after I got promoted to Captain, my contribution was minimum and I always considered as none.. I gave promises to fix things, tried to but failed miserably..

In the past few months, the server went completely inactive and so did I due to my final year exams which I had to focus on from the end of April.. after I had them finally conducted and I returned, despite all the motivation I had and the ideas to fix the department, the activity of the SAMP division was dead. No one was active, no one was contributing, it just felt like a desert. All my motivation evaporated like I never had it. I waited and waited a couple of weeks, but then understood it's too late and that nothing would change, at least not soon. I decided to take another path to pass what is left of my freetime in this summer before I get to go stricter on life and  minimize my gaming to minimum..

I would like to apologize to everyone I failed.. I know I failed and no one can convince me otherwise. Some would say it's the server's state that led to this downfall of the department, but I wouldn't believe it. It's mainly because of the badly chosen members to lead the department and the decisions we took wrong. It killed the department and put it in a critical stage where revival was a very hard thing to do. The server's inactivity indeed had it's own influence, however it wasn't all why the server became like this. I personally consider my service from Captain to this moment as a failure and honestly I never expected it..

With the current state of the server, it is impossible to save the department, and it is quite impossible too to revive the server again. Some may blame me and attack me for breaking the hope of people, but it's true and that is what I'm feeling is happening, and everyone has the full right to believe whatever he wishes..

There is a long list of people I want to thank. Everyone I knew from day 1 in IV:MP until today, you all took place in my own development and both LCPD's and SAPD's. I learnt every single thing I know from Argonath, I never thought I'd know things I know now, and never thought I would make friends outside of the boundaries of my country. There are few people I really want to thank in this topic, even though I know most won't be reading it.. I still want to thank you for having the huge impact on my life which became a change point in my personality and the way I see life.

Thank you Kerbe and Mihail for teaching me everything you know. I never expected to lead anything in the department or even pass the Academy, but despite me acting like a kid back in the days, you two stood up for me and helped me become the person I'am now and I really appreciate all your efforts to me and the department.

Thank you Ivan Cipon, Driggz and Havok for everything you've taught me. Especially Ivan, you've always been a great friend and I always looked up at you, it was really hard to have you leave LCPD back in the days after I finally made it to Captain and was equal to your rank, and thought I'd be working closer with you.. but I had to go on with it. We'll always be in touch, Ifan. :)

Aperture Laboratories with all it's members.. you've all been great supportive friends of whoever been new to the server and the clan itself. You are the type of friends everyone would hope to have. Our friendzone was the best in the IV division and probably the whole community, it's sad that afterall everyone had to part his own way and we rarely communicate these days..

Kevin Parker and Dinokid23, my best friends who've always been there with me. We passed through difficulties together, both in SA:MP and IV:MP, and we passed through ranks together. Revived DETD, Detective Division in SAMP and rocked SWAT back in the days. I hope to still hear from you someday.. especially since it's been years since we spoke.

gabriel aka Brian Gale, the shithead everyone wants to have as a friend. Always considered you a close friend and surprisingly I could keep up with your stupidity and until today we are still close friends. But in all seriousness you deserve a good shootout in this topic because you've always been supportive to me.

Jake, Doggi, Darxez, the type of team you'd always want to have back you up when things go wrong. You are the best people I could work with. It's sad that I couldn't speak Dutch otherwise the command would've been all dutch, but not everything has to go as we wish.. and it's even more sad I had to work with a baguette french like you darxez

Badandy, for being the friend I met just in few months but got up with very shortly. You've always been supportive and open for conversations, I'm sorry for not having the department as you always knew it, but I was always happy to listen to your suggestions and have you as a supportive friend.

MrTrane, thank you for being supportive when I joined SAPD and during my stay. Thank you for all the time you provided to help me and I really appreciate it.

Drix, Celso, Dylan, Taseen. The perfect SWAT team I've ever seen in my life. If you four form a team in a real police department you'd probably make it the best in the whole world. Thank you all for giving me most of your time and thank you for helping me learn communicating with my microphone and overcoming that fear when you get to speak online.

Brian, you've always been the guy I see his name in the users online and think is an unreachable person. I always heard good you but never managed to get to know you better until I spent some time in SAPD. You indeed are the type of people everyone would like to work under, even though you have a lot of occupations in the community, you always been there and supported me. You always gave your advice which always was the key out of the problems. Thank you for all what you've done to the department and to me personally, I'd never forget your advices and I'll always try to stay in touch and hopefully I can beat you someday in rocket league

Thanks to Twenty for being the person I expected you to be (:D). Thank you for your help and thank you for all the contribution to the LCPD. I'm sorry if I couldn't up to what you expected when you joined, or when I was appointed as your Deputy Chief when Kerbe and Mihail decided to resign.. I'm not going to lie, I was inactive mainly because of SAMP and because I knew I will be leaving someday, but I wanted to give myself more time before making a  final decision because I always liked IV:MP and wanted to stay in.. was just sad to get to leave afterall and leave all the work on you, but you managed it pretty well with Skillz and StevenS.

Thank you Skillz and StevenS for being the supportive friends and members of LCPD after most of those I knew in LCPD left. You two have always surprised me with your abilities and skills and I'm sure you'll always be doing that. I expect you to make the department shine even more and I never thought otherwise about you.

I would like to thank TCL and all it's members for being supportive and giving me the chance to join the clan. I have always looked up at the clan as the best clan in the community, and I still do. The clan's friendzone and how things work in it is just unique, and no other clan has that in their structure. All of it's members are supportive and despite what faction you're in or what you do in game, you'll always get backed up by the members of the clan, be it in game or in real life. I'm sorry I had to leave the clan one day, honestly I never expected to leave it, and the main reason why I left is because of today.. always knew I'll have to leave and did not want to leave when the clan was on that shape..

I would also like to thank the Rockstars clan for accepting me as a member even though my standards are probably not what they expect. They gave me a chance to prove myself, and as always the clan isn't all about the tag, the tag for me means nothing and it's rather because of those in it.. I mainly joined the clan to learn from those in it and I'll always be trying.

Oh and a final thanks to the person that had a great impact on my life since Nov the 23rd. The type of persons you'd never expect to do something stupid for you and would give them more trust than you should have.. I'm not going to lie, I always wanted to become a friend of everyone including you, despite the facts I was being told about you, I never cared and just decided to show them everyone can get a second chance.. I knew things were taking the wrong way in the last days as I knew something was wrong about you, it's just a sensation I sometimes have about people or situations and 90% of times it comes true.. I tried to get to talk to you afterwards but you just refused and continued on with your ignorance, but it doesn't really matter after all.. money gets to end, but acts never do. They always stay memorized and will always be remembered.. it's just sad to have it coming from a person you spent time with for more than a year and at last get ditched just because of a low amount of cash they could make out of you..

Now some of you might be wondering, what the heck is going on with this guy writing all this topic about his detailed life and including things he should never do.. well it's the end of my journey. I have no hope on returning to IV:MP anymore, at least not soon. The SAMP division is just inactive and it will take even more time to get it back on it's feet, time which I do not have.. I had more hope when I saw the FiveM project, and always been supportive to it because I knew it'd be a new motivation and place for me to start from the beginning.. but I then found it out cannot work for me due to AMD's drivers not supporting their client functions, and that made me stay out of the community's project with no where to stay.
I only have one month left before I start up another year in the university, and from this year I'll have to focus 90% of my daily time on the university and thus will be less active to hold any position in SAPD or the community. I never expected to leave the community.. but as we all know, everything has a start, and must have an end..

Those who still consider me a friend, I'll be on Steam, discord and facebook. You can always contact me and I'll always contact those I'm still in contact with. Someday I'll graduate and finish my studies.. and my next project will be getting to know each one of the friends personally and meet them.

*Gregory Parker would remove his badge and all his police equipment and store them in his office's lockers. He would then make a final 10-7.*

LCPD Medal of Valor ~2017

January, 2017 - Officer of the month (SAPD)

[SAMP]Ex- SAPD Chief [IV:MP] Ex-LCPD Deputy Chief  (#CL7335) [IVMP] Ex-CIU Inspector.
Serving since: 2014
(2014-2018)

Offline KJones

• Citizen
Re: It's time for me to pack up and part away.
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2018, 17:31:34 pm »
Chief Gregory.

This is second time when I see my Chief is resigning, first time  John then Chester and now, now you resigned. You allways gave us wish and trust that everything will be good. Today its end. I remember you from being as server moderator and Firefighter, things chaned and now you are my Chief. You gave me knownledge, different view of things that happens. You never argued on me or other officers, this is the way of success. Today we have dark day, we lost 2 very successfull leaders.

Thank you for being with us, being my Chief.

*Officer Kristopher Jones removes his hat, glasses, looks into ground.
*Takes head up and salutes with tears in eyes.

Thank you.

Offline David Jefferson

• Retired LCPD Officer & N. O. O. S. E CIU Detective - Retired FBI Cadet. Retired SAPD Officer - Retired SAPD academy instructor
  • Citizen
  • Caster
  • Badge-ID: #117
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2018, 17:38:11 pm »
Best chief I ever met, always professional and friendly. I expected your resignation when we talked in discord. Am not gonna say good bye because I know we will stay in touch.  :leroy2:

*Salutes*

Offline Badandy

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2018, 18:06:04 pm »
Reading this made me tear up a little. Don't be a stranger and I honestly don't think you failed. I don't know how anyone could of did better with the situation. *salutes*

Police Officer III Andrew Badden
Internal Affairs Investigator
San Andreas Police Department "to protect and serve"

Offline JackDockz

• [IV:MP] Fuckin' Media!
  • Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2018, 18:50:50 pm »
I have worked alongside you and it had been fun man. You were one of the few people I admired when I wanted to become a police officer and you gave me the chance. You gave me the chance to work and prove myself.

You were Professional and Friendly and Respectable. Although we didnt meet that much in game due to different timezones, but whenever you were ingame ( I expected to be armed with M4s) you were a great role model and I loved working alongside you.

I remember when we cut that Weed Field in Half and set up the border. Best RP ever lol.

I wish you the best of luck for your life and I expect to see you in game time to time.

* JackDockz would give the old man a photo which he framed from his time in SAPD
Spoiler (Click to expand)

Offline Jake Parker

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2018, 21:18:03 pm »
I'm usually not good at these type of posts.... especially with your resignation, i'm looking for words...

Younes, i've been working along your side for quite some time... you were always a nice person to get along with, helpfull, experienced and honnest. I've learned alot from your side and got to see different perspectives lately. All I can actually say right now is, thank you for the fun times we had and all your time and effort put in the department. We will stay in touch for sure and I hope to see you popping by in the near future!

*Salutes Gregory Parker for the last time*

Offline Sawyer

• [SA:MP] Senior Officer
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]Sawyer
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2018, 21:30:46 pm »
Take care, Chief.

Offline Kowalski.

• [VC:MP] Retired FBI Director
  • Citizen
  • Ad Securos Imperium
  • Badge-ID: #FBI001
  • Discord: MrMeeses491#7309
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2018, 00:30:19 am »
Younes,

Thanks for everything you've done, you always tried to help me, even when I would be a know-everything asshole.

You say you've disappointed many, but we all will miss you anyway, I wish you the best of luck, man, hope everything works out for you  ;)

Retired General of the Armed Forces Kowalski
A.R.A.F. - Argonath RPG Armed Forces
U.S. Department of Defense

Offline Hernandez

• Citizen
    • Skype - ziden.hammouda2
  • Badge-ID: #LC7435
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2018, 00:32:38 am »
Don't blame yourself dear Younes, we are here for entertaining our souls and enjoying what we always used to enjoy which stands for RP not to blame ourselves at the end of the day. I am certainly sure you are one of the greatest examples in Argonath that contributed all their time to the community and devoted themselves to boosting the roleplay quality and the environment. Just by remembering our old days in IV:MP I get a strange feeling which I am not sure whether Its sadness or happiness. That same week where we both joined LCPD was probably one of the best periods we both had. Drop a message on fb whenever you are free to talk, I would be gladly interested in hearing your news.

Offline Dimos

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Dimos.
  • IV:MP: Dimos_Gatsby
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2018, 01:14:30 am »
It sad see you leaving Younes you was one of main reason i imporve and learn things from you always was friendly and nice to all i wish you good luck to your real life and future i will contact to you on discord i want to say to you thank for second change help me prove myself i dont know if going to read it that but thank you for everything take care

Offline Izolenta58

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #AH1941
  • IV:MP: Arty Hudson
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2018, 23:28:13 pm »
Ehhh, that's so sad to read...Only your words in a ton of similar topics touched my heart. Although we weren't friends really, from all I've heard and seen back then in the beggining and now, I can only say you were an ace policeman and a truly wonderful human being. Who am I to judge, maybe you'd think these are just fluent phrases, but I tell that sincerely

Wish you the best!

Offline [Rstar]Norrage

• [V:MP] LSPD Officer
  • V:MP: [Rstar]Norrage
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 23:57:48 pm »
Younes,

You and me were close friends. I would like to thank you for all the work you have done for IV:MP and ofcourse (even tho I am not involved) for SA:MP. I hope we will stay in touch and please keep logging on every now and then.

I wish you the best of luck and take care.
Est. 29.10.2008 | 05.11.2015

Offline Skillz

• N.O.O.S.E Commander
  • [IV:MP] Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: CL7580
  • SA-MP: Skillz
  • VC:MP: Skillz
  • IV:MP: Skillz
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2018, 07:24:51 am »
Younes my friend, you were part of my idol when inside the LCPD, you were one of the greatest members I got look up to and one of the better Detectives on the field, you led me with great advice and support. I will always consider you as my friend, always welcome to have a chat or perhaps in future play a game on Steam like how we would play Payday 2 xD.

I wish you all the best in your real life and future studies leads to a great career. Thank you again, I worship the memories we shared and enjoy.

Thank You Younes, keep in touch mate!

Skillz: Jack Parker,
Argonath IVMP
LCPD Chief of Police
N.O.O.S.E Commander

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2018, 11:06:25 am »
Best of luck, as I join you.

Argonath is a lot of fun and does provide one hell of an experience. But a time comes when we have to move on.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline Commander_Cj

• Citizen
  • Carl Johnson
    • Skype - Commander_Cj
  • Badge-ID: #LC8311
  • IV:MP: Commander_Cj
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2018, 14:34:47 pm »
I might've never met you in Samp or seen you as a Detective in IV:MP, but you have always been a nice and professional guy I always wanted to get to know about  ;)

I wish you the best in your University and I hope you be as successful as you were in Samp. Good luck!
All we had to do was follow the damn train, Cj.

Offline Gregory Parker

• Citizen
  • Inactive.
    • Skype - younes.ar1
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2018, 02:49:52 am »
Thank you all for your kind words. Argonath will always remain a place for making friends and for our reunion. I'll stay in touch as I said with everyone who wishes to :)

P.S: See you tomorrow in the anniversary.

[SAMP]Ex- SAPD Chief [IV:MP] Ex-LCPD Deputy Chief  (#CL7335) [IVMP] Ex-CIU Inspector.
(2014-2018)

Offline [WS]Mike

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
  • Mike Sangelo
  • Badge-ID: #100
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2018, 07:11:00 am »
As someone who hasn't been active in the community for a long time, I always pop in here and there to check on the department I once ran. I was really proud to see that you were named as the SAPD Chief as I knew you had an established reputation within Argonath policing.

You served a very difficult position in an undoubtedly difficult time, that deserves respect in its own right. I commend your professionalism, your dedication, and your efforts within the department. As we get older, it becomes harder and harder to maintain a balance between the responsibilities to the community and the responsibilities in our personal lives. It takes a lot of courage to recognize when that balance starts to become unequal, and you made the responsible decision.

I would encourage you to stay in touch with the people you are close with here, those relationships will carry on far past your time within the community. Additionally, remember what you've learned here, there are many elements you can take with you in your personal and professional life.

Thank you for your service and good luck, Chief. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. :donut:

Mike
Mike Sangelo
San Andreas Police Department
Retired Chief of Police

2012 - 2015

Offline Kowalski.

• [VC:MP] Retired FBI Director
  • Citizen
  • Ad Securos Imperium
  • Badge-ID: #FBI001
  • Discord: MrMeeses491#7309
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2018, 12:53:49 pm »
As someone who hasn't been active in the community for a long time, I always pop in here and there to check on the department I once ran. I was really proud to see that you were named as the SAPD Chief as I knew you had an established reputation within Argonath policing.

You served a very difficult position in an undoubtedly difficult time, that deserves respect in its own right. I commend your professionalism, your dedication, and your efforts within the department. As we get older, it becomes harder and harder to maintain a balance between the responsibilities to the community and the responsibilities in our personal lives. It takes a lot of courage to recognize when that balance starts to become unequal, and you made the responsible decision.

I would encourage you to stay in touch with the people you are close with here, those relationships will carry on far past your time within the community. Additionally, remember what you've learned here, there are many elements you can take with you in your personal and professional life.

Thank you for your service and good luck, Chief. Let me know if I can be of any assistance. :donut:

Mike
Eyy welcome back nigga  :lol:

Anyways, good luck Younes, I hope to keep in touch via Discord  ;)

Retired General of the Armed Forces Kowalski
A.R.A.F. - Argonath RPG Armed Forces
U.S. Department of Defense

Offline Blake_Carter

• Citizen
  • King of Kings.
    • Skype - Ultimate2224
  • Badge-ID: #123
  • SA-MP: Jared Rowland
« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 23:47:10 pm »
Good luck , Younes! It has been a pleasure. :app:

Offline Gregory Parker

• Citizen
  • Inactive.
    • Skype - younes.ar1
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2018, 13:20:03 pm »
Good luck , Younes! It has been a pleasure. :app:

I'll be glad to someday destroy the soprano movement, I'll see you in game sometimes J  :lol:

(2014-2018)

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal