| Date: 18-04-24  Time: 03:07 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Khm
[August 08, 2023, 21:42:27 pm]

VCPD | Hall of Fame by Huntsman
[July 21, 2023, 00:25:01 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 70
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: LSPD || Questions & Comments  (Read 9581 times)

Offline [Rstar]Norrage

• [V:MP] LSPD Officer
  • V:MP: [Rstar]Norrage
Re: LSPD || Questions & Comments
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2019, 19:28:33 pm »
The last thing I remember is drinking a bottle of bathtub moonshine whilst relaxing in my bed inside the Fort Carson jail cell. The last 6 years a complete haze. Now I've woke up in Los Santos, sober for the first time that I can remember. Has my eyesight has improved? Was the city always so big?

No money and a ragged uniform, people offering me spare change as I stumble down the street. I'm sure they'll have some spare donuts at LSPD. An equally scruffy looking officer Corleone lets me in whilst they carry off some crates of SWAT weapons to an unmarked police van.
I don't really question what the city cops are doing. This place was always a bit of a mystery to me. 

After helping myself to the Chiefs donuts I head to the locker room to clean up, and borrow the first uniform that I find in a locker. Crisp, clean, ironed. A nice shiny badge. This will do.

I tuck the char grilled lump of metal that barely reads "Sheriff" away for now. I tear off the the previous owners name badge from my shirt to take a look. Captain something something. Reading was never my strong point.

Well. I guess I'm the Captain now.

[Rstar]Jcstodds [Radio]: Beep boop: LSPD Captain Stodds here 10-8. Just transferred from up North and glad to be aboard. Be safe out there everyone, and let me know how I can help, over.

:v: Sounds like the beginning of The Hangover 4.

I hope it doesn't end in a Hangover :cool:
Est. 29.10.2008 | 05.11.2015

Offline Spike

• SA:MP Valar
  • Citizen
  • A leader leads by example, not by force.
  • Badge-ID: #6549
  • SA-MP: James_Robinson
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 18:52:03 pm »
Your procedures state that you're allowed to open fire on evading suspects. If this is a thing why is there a taser? Suspects evading on foot should be used taser on, not deadly force.

Also, it happened to me recently, when I evaded an officer got into a tractor and was shot dead without prior warning, this is in no way realistic or promoting of role-play. The officer could have gotten in his car and chased me, instead he ran on foot for about 100m and when I got in a tractor he shot me dead. (If it was an HSU vehicle I understand, but a tractor? C'mon)

I suggest the implementation of a proper scale of force, as well as getting rid of this TDM mentality carried from other Argonath servers. The fact that I was unarmed and was shot dead just for getting in a tractor proves to me that you guys need to improve your regulations to match the law. In real life when an officer kills a suspect it is considered murder until an investigation proves otherwise. I don't expect you guys to add full-on Internal Affairs investigations with lawyers and union reps for the accused officer. But I do expect you guys to have your regulations somewhat reflect that of real-life regulations, much like what we did in SA:MP.

Having officers open fire on unarmed suspects just because they got in a vehicle while the officer was too lazy to go back to his cruiser to start a proper pursuit is very much disappointing and will set a bad precedent for the department in the long run.

RETIRED Deputy Chief of Police James Robinson
Internal Affairs Commanding Officer | Chief of Detectives
San Andreas Police Department - "To protect and serve"
2014-2019

Offline Doggi

• Citizen
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2019, 17:34:51 pm »
The situation described above is an admin matter.
To clarify:
A taser must be used on unarmed individuals evading on foot.
Your side arm may be used to incapacitate a vehicle an unarmed suspect is evading in.
If a suspect is endangering a civilian/officer's life, with said vehicle he is considered to be using his vehicle as a weapon, thus lethal force may be used.

As for your situation, it becomes DM thus administration should intervene in said situation.

Please do let me know the officer's name.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2019, 00:16:29 am »
I suggest the implementation of a proper scale of force, as well as getting rid of this TDM mentality carried from other Argonath servers. The fact that I was unarmed and was shot dead just for getting in a tractor proves to me that you guys need to improve your regulations to match the law. In real life when an officer kills a suspect it is considered murder until an investigation proves otherwise. I don't expect you guys to add full-on Internal Affairs investigations with lawyers and union reps for the accused officer. But I do expect you guys to have your regulations somewhat reflect that of real-life regulations, much like what we did in SA:MP.
Thank you for the feedback Spike. Just to add to what the Chief has already said - I would like to assure you we will try to emphasis appropriate use of force with the upcoming SAPD recruits and try to lead by example - it should be RP first and shoot later in most cases. Especially in the case of a slowly escaping suspect.
I can understand the frustration for cops to see criminals jump from vehicle to vehicle (although clearly it's not the case here) and will try to steer officers away from that mentality and I have some ideas in the pipeline.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Julio.

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #DM2378
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]Julio
  • VC:MP: [R*]Julio
  • IV:MP: [R*]Julio
« Reply #24 on: April 11, 2019, 22:47:23 pm »
The last thing I remember is drinking a bottle of bathtub moonshine whilst relaxing in my bed inside the Fort Carson jail cell. The last 6 years a complete haze. Now I've woke up in Los Santos, sober for the first time that I can remember. Has my eyesight has improved? Was the city always so big?

No money and a ragged uniform, people offering me spare change as I stumble down the street. I'm sure they'll have some spare donuts at LSPD. An equally scruffy looking officer Corleone lets me in whilst they carry off some crates of SWAT weapons to an unmarked police van.
I don't really question what the city cops are doing. This place was always a bit of a mystery to me. 

After helping myself to the Chiefs donuts I head to the locker room to clean up, and borrow the first uniform that I find in a locker. Crisp, clean, ironed. A nice shiny badge. This will do.

I tuck the char grilled lump of metal that barely reads "Sheriff" away for now. I tear off the the previous owners name badge from my shirt to take a look. Captain something something. Reading was never my strong point.

Well. I guess I'm the Captain now.

[Rstar]Jcstodds [Radio]: Beep boop: LSPD Captain Stodds here 10-8. Just transferred from up North and glad to be aboard. Be safe out there everyone, and let me know how I can help, over.

:v: Sounds like the beginning of The Hangover 4.

I hope it doesn't end in a Hangover :cool:

My chat to you many moons ago did, still can't remember it  :rofl:

DPD - Medal of Whiskey x3 DPD - Medal of Respect x1 DPD - Medal of Loyalty x3
 SAPD - Meritorious Award x1 SAPD - Community Policing x1

Offline Kowalski.

• [VC:MP] Retired FBI Director
  • Citizen
  • Ad Securos Imperium
  • Badge-ID: #FBI001
  • Discord: MrMeeses491#7309
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2019, 00:27:28 am »
Let's hope Twenty here doesn't drive the LSPD cruisers  ;)

Retired General of the Armed Forces Kowalski
A.R.A.F. - Argonath RPG Armed Forces
U.S. Department of Defense

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2020, 19:13:03 pm »
For those wondering about forum ranks - it will take a little while to get them sorted as I don't have access yet. Thank you for your patience :)
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Doggi

• Citizen
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2020, 01:02:57 am »
Should’ve been fixed now.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2020, 18:53:45 pm »
Unlocked - not sure why it was locked. Feel free to ask questions.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Mack

• [V:MP] Marshall Garner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: 107
  • SA-MP: Sophie_Miles
  • IV:MP: Mack
« Reply #29 on: May 26, 2020, 16:21:44 pm »
I know I discussed with you already, but we have some LSPD officers (not ARPD) using NATO codes, such as ADAM, XRAY, WHISKEY, etc. I don't have an issue on using these, but these are no where informed or documented in our official procedures for the department. As such, people tend to not understand them. So what is the policy on using these? Do we document what they mean and post them officially?
LSPD Academy Leader - Sergeant Marshall Garner
Los Santos Police Department
---
Ex SAPD Academy Interviewer+Instructor & Ex SWAT Operative

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2020, 17:29:28 pm »
I know I discussed with you already, but we have some LSPD officers (not ARPD) using NATO codes, such as ADAM, XRAY, WHISKEY, etc. I don't have an issue on using these, but these are no where informed or documented in our official procedures for the department. As such, people tend to not understand them. So what is the policy on using these? Do we document what they mean and post them officially?

I know some people use WHISKEY as a callsign - not a NATO letter from what I understand. Are you sure they are not using them as callsigns for their vehicle?
Anyway, I reccomend to use what is most quick and easy to understand however we do not have any rule to force a certain style. Use what you think is most effective and reasonable. Lead by example and others will likey adapt.

We are working on an academy structure at the moment which will cover basics such as this and will be available to all cadets +.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Mack

• Citizen
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2020, 17:38:58 pm »

I know some people use WHISKEY as a callsign - not a NATO letter from what I understand. Are you sure they are not using them as callsigns for their vehicle?
Anyway, I reccomend to use what is most quick and easy to understand however we do not have any rule to force a certain style. Use what you think is most effective and reasonable. Lead by example and others will likey adapt.

We are working on an academy structure at the moment which will cover basics such as this and will be available to all cadets +.
Whiskey is too, List of all NATO Phoentics: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NATO_phonetic_alphabet

Basically, in LAPD these are used for the very purpose you just said - for callsigns to signify their patrol vehicle.

If we are about to cover these in academy and upcoming procedure - that sounds good to me then!
---

Offline Tom Adams

• [SA:MP] Captain
    • Skype - megaris_
  • Badge-ID: #3584
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2020, 18:15:36 pm »
Some people use WHISKEY ever since 2009, which is not because of NATO, LAPD or NYPD but simply because It's been used years and years for pure nostalgia of the group they have participated in and not since there has been an issue about it.

Offline Mack

• Citizen
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2020, 18:59:00 pm »
Some people use WHISKEY ever since 2009, which is not because of NATO, LAPD or NYPD but simply because It's been used years and years for pure nostalgia of the group they have participated in and not since there has been an issue about it.
Hi Tom,
I happen to be from the same era - which is why I also stated to JCS over PMs I personally know what it means. Whether it was used for LAPD or NATO doesn't matter - but that's where these terms originate from.

This isn't about it being an issue, but to work with JCS vision of being open to ARPD Officers (who may also be criminals RPers trying Cop RP for very first time) and to encourage more police RP to people who not necessarily have been in the force like you or me. If this can be included in our official documentation somewhere, like JCS just mentioned, what is there to loose? More informations brings more people on page and maybe inspire more people to join for LSPD.

We don't loose anything by sharing information.
---

Offline Semirak

• [V:MP] LSPD Officer
  • IV:MP: Semi
« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2020, 22:41:53 pm »
Jcs can u pls clarify some things about returning after death and characters as i dont want to do mistakes.

-Who can return after death ?
  We used in ivmp to let only freecops to return after death but they need to wait 5 minutes.
  And if i was killed by someone (lets say i was fireman) can i join duty and say "i changed character" ?

-What about characters?
  We used in ivmp to deny people that makes crimes when offduty even if it is another character.
  i have literally too many questions about this, but the question comes when u play and u forget them  :neutral: .

People are like every day arguing on those things in main chat, so pls lets add a rules about this.

Offline Mac Taylor

• [V:MP] LSPD Captain
  • Badge-ID: #LS8271
  • V:MP: Mac_Taylor
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2020, 00:03:29 am »
Jcs can u pls clarify some things about returning after death and characters as i dont want to do mistakes.

-Who can return after death ?
  We used in ivmp to let only freecops to return after death but they need to wait 5 minutes.
  And if i was killed by someone (lets say i was fireman) can i join duty and say "i changed character" ?

-What about characters?
  We used in ivmp to deny people that makes crimes when offduty even if it is another character.
  i have literally too many questions about this, but the question comes when u play and u forget them  :neutral: .

People are like every day arguing on those things in main chat, so pls lets add a rules about this.

Hello, Semi

I will try to clarify those concerns for you, but also you can get a confirmation from Jcstodds himself.

For the first concern, no, you are not allowed to rejoin a roleplay after your death. Not you nor free cops. It is a server rule and not an LSPD procedure, so it applies to everyone.

"Do not rejoin a combat (RP) after dying/jail until the RP has ended for your enemy or allies" last rule in Combats Section, VMP rules.

Only exceptions can be made if you were killed by a glitch, bug or a new player ramming you off.

For the second concern, well, it's a bit different than IV:MP. According to the vision, you can do whatever you wish and whatever you want only stick within good, fair roleplay and good general behavior. I can say that only things that may get you kicked from LSPD are :
- Bad, negative or trolling comments towards the community or any of its players.
- Continous breach of LSPD procedures, especially the combat procedures.
- Continous unprofessionalism over the main chat or any other public chat.

Do whatever roleplay you like.
Want to be a full-time cop? Be it, want to be a corrupted cop on duty? Be it, want to create another roleplay character to be criminal than your cop character, be it.

I hope I have answered your concerns.

Regards,
Mac Taylor
LSPD Sergeant.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2020, 13:44:27 pm »
Hi Semi,
Mac gave the correct answers.

I will just add, the rules are there to protect players from abuse. If you want to return after death as a cop... you can ask criminals for permission. It can be their decision. If all players agree and it's within reason you can rejoin.

Admins aren't going to punish players returning after death if everyone having fun with some RP. Some events and situations will allow it.

If you have any questions please do ask. Every month I will be releasing the LSPD Vision and update to remind everyone the progress and goals of LSPD. In some ways there will be a lot different from past PDs.

LSPD Chief Stodds

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal