| Date: 08-05-24  Time: 17:33 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 208
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Bringing back old rules  (Read 14230 times)

Offline [R*]EliteTerm

• E-1337
  • Citizen
  • Tommy Vercetti, Remember the name!
    • Skype - eliteterm13
  • Badge-ID: #VC1337
Re: Bringing back old rules
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2010, 10:35:23 am »
Common sense is something you think is right or wrong. If you cannot use it, you need help big time.

-If you're in a high speed pursuit, and you notice your vehicle is taking quite alot of damage, SLOW THE f**k DOWN! Don't keep speeding and obliterate your vehicle and hope someone will pick you up.

-If you see a group of suspected people and you're alone, don't be Rambo. Call for help.

-If you're getting into a heated argument, and someone important notices you, you'd better shut your yap before they make you.

-If you're getting intimate with a prostitute, wear a condom.

How you think there's so many rules nowadays? People are not using common sense!

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #41 on: July 09, 2010, 12:50:58 pm »
I'd like to add something;

- No suspecting for speeding. Pull them over instead. If they evade; suspect for evading, rather than for speeding.
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline Leroy Hudson

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2010, 17:40:39 pm »
Seeing as you all have so many ideas ( :devroll:) I'd appreciate if someone could make a list of all the ones you people have suggested, and make a post if you have a suggestion of something you'd like to see. (Of course, not one that someone already posted pwease)
I hope this helps;
Suggested so far:

Alan Demarest:

• No drive-bying on suspect's vehicle, unless it's faster than the Police Car.
  • No heavy weapons against unarmed/lightly armed (handguns, melee weapons) suspects.

Tiderman:

• No drive-bying as a cop (None at all).
  • No patrolling in civilian vehicles on duty.
  • No other weapons used on duty than standard issued (Desert eagle, batton, pepperspray, shotgun. NO SMG!)

JcsTodds: (feel free to ignore)

• Use nothing but common sense...

Cesar Hernandez:

• No firearm usage against unarmed running suspect; run after him instead. You may only open fire once he gets in a car.

FlameMan:

• No firearm usage on running suspect. You may only open fire if he doesn't respond to your "Surrender" calls.

Corey Alterlis:

• No drive-bying against evading suspect. You may only drive-by when the offender has committed a serious offence (murder, rape, kidnap).

Thomas_C:

• No drive-bying on suspect's vehicle, unless it's faster than the Police Car. You may only drive-by when the evaders open fire from their vehicle.
  • No heavy weapons against unarmed/lightly armed (handguns, melee weapons) suspects.
  • No patrolling in civilian vehicles on duty.

Severus_Fawkes

• Cops are NOT allowed to buy ANYTHING other than the weaponry they already are issued when they go on duty such as; SMG, Deagle, Pepper spray. This would increase the need for other Law enforcement groups/sub groups. Such as for FBI and SWAT, this may also help decrease the amount of abuse with weaponry, such as killing still standing suspects etc. (So such as using M4 to kill a still standing suspect, which is 20-30 ft away). Using nothing but the weaponry you're issued on duty, with ability to buy MORE ammo for the weapons you're issued on duty, such as deagle, SMG. Command staff, FBI and SWAT would still have the power obviously, to equipt. This would increase the need for normal units to call back up for either of these groups to assist them with heavier weaponry, and in some situations, even issue armour. I would though, suggest letting cops buy armour. Since it costs 2,000 dollars, and it won't be used THAT frequently, Since it can be lowered easily.

Offline [R*]Drix

• Citizen
  • Rashid King
    • Skype - drix655
  • Badge-ID: #138
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]Drix
« Reply #43 on: July 10, 2010, 18:56:31 pm »
Cesars one.. No.

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
« Reply #44 on: July 10, 2010, 21:18:18 pm »
Big problem with all of this, and it will be rather clear

If we have RULES they then get used AGAINST US.

... and this used to happen lots before I removed some rules, and still happens...

We do not need rules to say do not shoot at unarmed, we need cops who think sensibly.. its the CRIMINALS that want this rule in....

Criminals use them rules to put us in situations to BREAK them, THEN the criminals bad girl and moan cos we broke our sacred rules..
Who wins... well its NOT SAPD or ARPD...

I am totally AGAINST rules, I dont mind guidelines, but these are GUIDELINES and are NOT strict, and thus criminals cannot use them against us so much.

Those of you who are both cops and criminals will know EXACTLY what I am talking about...

An example...
Hydra advised not to be used against persons on foot... so criminal who is in air hears someone state a hydra is airbourne, rather qucikly heads to ground knowing that the hydra should not shoot at them... (if facing me too late I treat if you been in air even if you now on foot your fair game!!!)
This one is not even a rule but criminals treat it as such and it leads to bad girling,

Criminals learn very very very well how to use our rules against us, so how about we COPS learn to use more common sense rather than having to have many many rules with LOTS of exceptions so we can do our job under the rather large number of various circumstances.
Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #45 on: July 10, 2010, 21:42:26 pm »
I agree what CBF Said.
just to add something, when you are on SAPD duty, you must remember you are a police officer, not SWAT, FBI, CIA, US army, Opfor,Soap Mctavish,
John Wayne, etc.

Offline Cruel Cooking Chef Curry Alterlis

• San Andreas Highway Patrol - Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • 067's Gaming
    • Skype - corey067
« Reply #46 on: July 10, 2010, 22:54:07 pm »
CIA, US army, Opfor,Soap Mctavish,
John Wayne, etc.

lol
Signed,
Corey Alterlis

Argonath RPG Fire Department - Station 2's Company Chief
San Andreas Highway Patrol - Commissioner

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2010, 23:00:11 pm »

... and this used to happen lots before I removed some rules, and still happens...

We do not need rules to say do not shoot at unarmed, we need cops who think sensibly.. its the CRIMINALS that want this rule in....

Criminals use them rules to put us in situations to BREAK them, THEN the criminals bad girl and moan cos we broke our sacred rules..

I am totally AGAINST rules, I dont mind guidelines, but these are GUIDELINES and are NOT strict, and thus criminals cannot use them against us so much.

Those of you who are both cops and criminals will know EXACTLY what I am talking about...

An example...
Hydra advised not to be used against persons on foot... so criminal who is in air hears someone state a hydra is airbourne, rather qucikly heads to ground knowing that the hydra should not shoot at them... (if facing me too late I treat if you been in air even if you now on foot your fair game!!!)
This one is not even a rule but criminals treat it as such and it leads to bad girling,

Criminals learn very very very well how to use our rules against us, so how about we COPS learn to use more common sense rather than having to have many many rules with LOTS of exceptions so we can do our job under the rather large number of various circumstances.
If the criminals would report us, the "bad" cops would be removed. This leaves a more "elite" SAPD. The SAPD you really want to join!

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2010, 00:08:34 am »
There's always a loop hole for everything. These rules would be posted on the SAPD briefing center board, viewable by officers and above only. ;)

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2010, 01:04:14 am »
There's always a loop hole for everything. These rules would be posted on the SAPD briefing center board, viewable by officers and above only. ;)
They will discover anyways.
Officers can leave SAPD and join a criminal faction.
so, they can moan about rules, that they read when they used to be officers.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2010, 01:21:56 am »
JcsTodds: (feel free to ignore)

• Use nothing but common sense...
... we need cops who think sensibly..

... so how about we COPS learn to use more common sense rather than having to have many many rules with LOTS of exceptions

Feel free to use common sense and not ignore my advice  :cop:
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Cane

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: AR0964
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2010, 01:25:55 am »
I agree what CBF Said.
just to add something, when you are on SAPD duty, you must remember you are a police officer, not SWAT, FBI, CIA, US army, Opfor,Soap Mctavish,
John Wayne, etc.

dude i'm john wayne
Served 2008~2012

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
« Reply #52 on: July 11, 2010, 01:53:27 am »
I agree what CBF Said.
John Wayne, etc.

dude i'm john wayne

Is that you, John Wayne?

Offline Cane

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: AR0964
« Reply #53 on: July 11, 2010, 02:22:02 am »
dude i'm john wayne

Is that you, John Wayne?

yes, now get me some towels, i'm freezing.
Served 2008~2012

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
« Reply #54 on: July 11, 2010, 04:27:53 am »
So you have rules, and only fellow officers know them as well. This doesn't make sense.. How is anyone going to get punished then? The only reason they'd be reported is because you want to screw a fellow officers; biased reports.

Even in this case "COMMON SENSE" goes perfectly :)

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #55 on: July 11, 2010, 04:31:04 am »
So you have rules, and only fellow officers know them as well. This doesn't make sense.. How is anyone going to get punished then? The only reason they'd be reported is because you want to screw a fellow officers; biased reports.

Even in this case "COMMON SENSE" goes perfectly :)

Arguable point there, but it'd be clear if the cop was doing something wrong.

Look now, we receive reports on officers without their being a strict set of guidelines as to what to do, what not to do, etc... seeing as everything is topsy turvsy with how we are supposed to work and what is considered to be law by the court. If an officer is doing something wrong to a civilian they will know, if they choose to report them they may do so. Higher authority will look over the report, the guidelines, and see if the officer was right or wrong.

Common sense. :)

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Lavamike

• Citizen
  • SAPD Los Santos
« Reply #56 on: July 11, 2010, 05:06:04 am »
I'd like to hear people's opinions on this matter, in the old days there were rules that balanced out the play with Cops and Suspects.

Here are two of those -I- personaly would like to see come back:

1. No drive-by allowed on suspects car unless it's faster than what you are driving.
-Will force officers to actualy learn how to drive properly..

2. No heavy weapons usage on unarmed/lightly armed suspects.
-More fair play for suspects

We're all here to have fun, just as the criminals are.

Opinions?

Absolutely agreed.

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2010, 09:43:40 am »

Then it's a bloody challenge for us officers, if someone fails and breaks the rules it's their own fault. Call it weeding out the weak.

Offline tiderman

• Citizen
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2010, 16:03:41 pm »
I'm not saying we need the rule but if we don't want anyone shooting at unarmed criminals then we do need it. Because that is how many players are; no rules? Full throttle.

Offline Husky

• Citizen
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2010, 16:15:22 pm »
I'm not saying we need the rule but if we don't want anyone shooting at unarmed criminals then we do need it. Because that is how many players are; no rules? Full throttle.

ban ban ban kick kick warn warn copban copban

this looks more like the cancelsuspect command, instead of punishing single individuals for the abuse they moved it to a new level, do you want to do the same with the police? like punishing everyone for minorities?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal