| Date: 20-04-24  Time: 00:29 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 201
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Attention current cadets and applicants!  (Read 11722 times)

Offline Ellis F.

• [VC:MP] VCPD Officer
  • VC:MP: [MK]Sup_
  • Discord: Sup_#9644
Re: Attention current cadets and applicants!
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 18:44:25 pm »
We both have the patience, we know you guys have a life too, we are just pointing out that the lack of instructors are the real issue because as Razor said there's no drought of any kind as currently there's a fair ammount of active players gladly waiting for them and also showing good performance like today.

Offline Sevrin

• [VC:MP] SWAT Operative [VC:MP]Pudding Thief 2
  • Citizen
  • [VC:MP] asskicker
  • Badge-ID: #SW6910
  • VC:MP: =TRC=sevrin
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 19:29:57 pm »
You still did not get me. Lack of instructors, both of thre officers we have got now are instructors, one of them will be back after 2 days & other one is having internet issues. What else we do to get more instructors??

Offline danigold

• PIG Member
  • Citizen
  • Proud PIG
  • Badge-ID: #P1GA55
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 19:31:31 pm »
My suggestion is to take that frustration anc set it as a goal; be the change you wanna see and set your goal to aim on becoming an academy instructor.
Or just a good and active officer.
Thats a charge.

Offline Kessu

• Citizen
  • Eighth Avenue Furies!
  • Badge-ID: VC-C1337
  • VC:MP: Kessu
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 19:42:32 pm »
Just because there are cops online, who are even applicants of VCPD, does not mean VCPD is not in a drought of it's own.

The members are on reported leave/otherwise unable to play during certain times of the week, which is understandable.

Just highly unfortunate that every leave happens to be stacked up, but that's life for you.

While you are applicants/cadets yourselves, you can still use the VCPD Academy material to your full advantage and helping newer players with the cop job too, possibly introducing them to the VCPD during this rather unfortunate time of inactivity.

During weekends tho' I'm fairly sure Dani will be giving sessions left and right, and with Smaug returning in 2 days things will be looking up rather quickly.

Don't give up just yet  :cop:
Nigga you flip sides so much you might aswell be a f**king pancake; one week you're in a crime family, then the next one you apply for VCPD.
Untrustworthy, unhelpful, and simply quite a pain..

Offline Ellis F.

« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 20:25:02 pm »
Just because there are cops online, who are even applicants of VCPD, does not mean VCPD is not in a drought of it's own.

The members are on reported leave/otherwise unable to play during certain times of the week, which is understandable.

Just highly unfortunate that every leave happens to be stacked up, but that's life for you.

While you are applicants/cadets yourselves, you can still use the VCPD Academy material to your full advantage and helping newer players with the cop job too, possibly introducing them to the VCPD during this rather unfortunate time of inactivity.

May give that a go.

Offline RazorX

• [VC:MP] VCPD Senior Officer
  • VC:MP: Ray_Corbin
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2018, 00:05:46 am »
Understood. Let's just hope things will improve soon.

~ VCPD Officer since 2012 ~

Offline Ellis F.

« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2018, 01:33:08 am »
So i stopped by this comment again, my sincere apologies by my behaviour back there, i was frustrated in the moment because this week there weren't instructors around, now after even reading this with a different point of view, i can perfectly understand everything said above, once again my sincere apologies if i made you guys have a little bad moment thanks to the signs of desperation i showed there, i also have to add that i definitely would like to set a new goal aiming to be another instructor to help there and as danigold said, be the change i want to see (after passing the academy and hopefully having sometime around with the senior officer rank), regards.

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #27 on: April 27, 2018, 08:50:14 am »
This is what I feared the most when I resigned: that the department will start stagnating without me due to lack of active command staff, this is why I feel like I need to state my opinion here and clarify some issues.

The problem is that with my departure, the only command members left are Sevrin and DaniGold, and Smaug who is a Senior Officer. Given the current amount of Cadets, it's very difficult for them to manage the academy, especially seeing how Dani's and Sevrin's activity at the moment are limited due to real life commitments. Do keep in mind that this is temporary, however. So please, just be patient. A challenging police force is in everyone's interest.

You have to understand that the current situation allows those of you dedicated and competent enough to rise through the ranks faster, seeing how the current Academy Staff has a high demand for competent personal and has a lot of openings vacant, which is a good career prospect in the VCPD. So you will only win if you will remain patient and wait it out, become officer and apply for instructor (which, if passed, will result in immediate Senior Officer).

I have to applaud you guys for actually raising this issue and talking about it, though, because in the past things were dealt with by simply resigning and not letting the command know what's wrong. Seeing how someone mentioned Mystik/luchgox here - he is a relic from that era. His "resignation" has nothing to do with anything other than his indecision and greed. We all know it will happen sooner or later when we accepted him, but we were in a dire situation staff wise and did not have much to choose from.

Seeing the current situation has risen a discussion in the ARPD Command whether I should return or not. To be frank, I am rather disappointed that the department has grown to attached to me. I should have implemented mechanisms that ensured the department keeps functiong fluently if members of High Command are missing. I could return, but if I were to, I'd need your understanding. You have to understand that just as Dani, I am now an adult with real responsibilities such as work, studying, making a living and having to look after my health and wellbeing, so I would not be as active as I used to be before I resigned.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline JimmyB

• [VC:MP] SWAT Operative [VC:MP] Academy Instructor
  • Citizen
  • Rise of the Darkness
  • Badge-ID: #VC-1337
  • VC:MP: =AV=JImmy
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2018, 09:02:39 am »
I will most likely have my internet fixed on Monday, from that time i will spend my full time on VCPD. We apologise for our inactivity, but you must be patient for a little longer.

Offline JimmyB

• [VC:MP] SWAT Operative [VC:MP] Academy Instructor
  • Citizen
  • Rise of the Darkness
  • Badge-ID: #VC-1337
  • VC:MP: =AV=JImmy
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 09:04:25 am »
Quoting Huntsman,

Yes it will be nice to have you back but you left for a reason, your studies. Even if you return it wont be much of a big difference.

Offline Huntsman

« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 09:08:31 am »
Quoting Huntsman,

Yes it will be nice to have you back but you left for a reason, your studies. Even if you return it wont be much of a big difference.

Summer is coming up. In a month I will be free as a bird

Offline Kowalski.

• [VC:MP] Retired FBI Director
  • Citizen
  • Ad Securos Imperium
  • Badge-ID: #FBI001
  • Discord: MrMeeses491#7309
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2018, 09:11:36 am »
Quoting Huntsman,

Summer is coming up. In a month I will be free as a bird
Mate, if you feel you can return, the department would be benefited from it, even if it's a small benefit!

However, you resigned for reasons, and if you can't return, then that's OK. Things are important, mate.

Retired General of the Armed Forces Kowalski
A.R.A.F. - Argonath RPG Armed Forces
U.S. Department of Defense

Offline XkillerX

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #PD2003
  • VC:MP: XkillerX
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2018, 11:12:26 am »
Although I don't really mind this issue, I have a few suggestions.
1. Make instructors to give sessions to as much cadets as possible at once. Such as cadet A has  done till session 3 while another cadet B has completed session 1, so try to give session 4 to both of them.
2. Allow taking more than 1 session per day. If an instructor is on for 2 hours, and there isnt any great crime going on, allow cadets to take more than 1 sessions in that short time, if they wish.

This will cause officers to be made faster and will start the 'snowball effect' as Dani said.

Offline Radon

• Citizen
  • Beyond Conceptions
    • Skype - live:damikedude
  • SA-MP: Stefan_Soprano
  • VC:MP: Radon
  • IV:MP: Radon
« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2018, 12:28:16 pm »
Although I don't really mind this issue, I have a few suggestions.
1. Make instructors to give sessions to as much cadets as possible at once. Such as cadet A has  done till session 3 while another cadet B has completed session 1, so try to give session 4 to both of them.
2. Allow taking more than 1 session per day. If an instructor is on for 2 hours, and there isnt any great crime going on, allow cadets to take more than 1 sessions in that short time, if they wish.

This will cause officers to be made faster and will start the 'snowball effect' as Dani said.

+1

Quote from: danigold
You suggest Photobucket to someone one more time and i'm demoting your ass so bad even [OC.B] will put an application ban on you.

Offline Huntsman

« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2018, 12:53:37 pm »
I have a proposition that will allow those worth it to graduate in a matter of one day.

Offline Huntsman

« Reply #35 on: May 01, 2018, 13:58:55 pm »
Right.

My previous plan of allowing people who have spent more or less two weeks in the academy by now to take an officers exam has concluded. Out of five Cadets who have taken up on this opportunity, only one has passed. It is rather disappointing, seeing how all of you have been very vocal about the significantly slowed down academy process, yet you also slow it down by refusing to learn the material properly. You had plenty of time to read and familiarize yourself, and most of you failed on points that are enough to have simply read on the forums.

Furthermore, I'd like to remind Cadets that you should make use of the fact that we now have two people beside the High Command - Senior Officers Smaug and Jimmy, who are certified Academy Instructors, to issue sessions. I have been rather puzzled why has little to no progress regarding academy took place lately and I've been the only one issuing sessions, and received an answer that the Cadets themselves seem not to be too interested in receiving the sessions. Let me stress this: High Command has OTHER matters to tend to, we only get involved in the academy when it's absolutely necessary, otherwise we take care of the administrative side of the department. Which means you prioritize Senior Staff instructors and request sessions.

If the situation does not improve within the upcoming week regarding academy progression, activity will be massively reviewed and people unmotivated to progress will be removed from the academy.

Since my return, we've worked hard to provide all the possibilities for people to progress, yet all you did was complain, yet take no steps  towards graduation whatsoever.

Other news:

Theoretical academy sessions no longer have the 24 hour restriction put in place. Meaning Session 1 and 2 can be taken one after another on the same day.

HOWEVER,
the restriction does remain for practical sessions, such as 3 and 4

Offline RazorX

• [VC:MP] VCPD Senior Officer
  • VC:MP: Ray_Corbin
« Reply #36 on: May 01, 2018, 17:00:10 pm »
I was surprised to see radon and Nahian fail their tests, because both were doing great work day in day out. I suppose they just need to grasp the theory a bit more but from what I know in practise they are very good police officers. I fully believe both will pass the second time around. Good luck guys, study and smash the test :cheesy:

~ VCPD Officer since 2012 ~

Offline Emilebep

• EmilebepDN
  • Citizen
    • Skype - Emilebep
  • SA-MP: Emilebep
  • VC:MP: Emilebep
  • IV:MP: Emilebep
Attention current cadets and applicants
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2019, 21:07:52 pm »
I thought you ought to see this. Pass it on because I think it will touch alot of peoples heart. Especially cops.

Go to Oakland PD and click on "Respect the Police" Read the one from "Mom"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal