General > General Discussion

DPD and it's legacy

(1/11) > >>

Leonardo:
DILLIMORE POLICE DEPARTMENT, and it's legacy through Argonath
a foot-note by an ex-SAPD Lieutenant, DPD Commander, member and a true lover of that department.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I've never seen in this server anyone say "oh man, i miss so badly the LSPD, SFPD, LVPD days!" as people usually mention when they speak about the DPD. I shall write a little about this department and my history on it, and i invite everyone who have memories of it to also do it in this topic!

I firstly joined the DPD on a transfer request rightly after i've been promoted to Officer (that was like by the end of 2009). I had GiacJr to tutor me, so i've been really tilt to join the PD he led. I've did it, and it proved to be the best decision i could make! I spent nearly 2 years in the DPD, seen people come and go and it didn't even went through my mind the possibility of leaving. While in the DPD, i've seen 3 officers command it: GiacJr, Jcstodds and Swig. Each one of them with their own personal characteristics, but they all had that thing in common: they sucessfully kept the DPD spirit far away from the "professionalism" the other PDs were forced upon. In the DPD, officers had full freedom to assume whatever character they want, either be it a hillybilly, whiskey-addict patrolling in a Ranger or either a fancy-clothed officer who knew how to properly speak english on the radio (EW.)

Can't say it was easy though, as there were people who hated the DPD just for that factor, they thought our department "was not professional enough". Man, the answer was easy, "join LSPD if you want professionalism, we use the duty weaponry to kill birds here! *hick*". Anyway, i can sure affirm this PD was a character-shaper and taught the officers who were part of it indispensable values.

Below now, i'll list a few officers who were honorary DPD members, as i remember:

MrTrane - DPD Officer (now SAPD Deputy Chief)
Hidduh - DPD Officer (ex-FBI Director)
[Rstar]Jcstodds - DPD Captain
Swig - DPD Captain
GiacJr - DPD Captain
[Rstar]Paul - DPD Sergeant (ex-SAPD Chief)
Bert Karlsson - DPD Sergeant
StatuZ - DPD Lieutenant
[WS]Janar - DPD Lieutenant
Frank Serin - DPD Officer
Julio Collin - DPD Officer
Reece - DPD Officer
KhornateMonkey - DPD Sergeant
Gibson - DPD Sergeant
Ben - DPD Officer
Nexxt - DPD Sergeant
Smey - DPD Sergeant
Drix - DPD Officer (now SAPD Chief)
Paco Velez - DPD Officer

I myself acted as a DPD Lieutenant, also. There are a LOT more that i've likely forgot.

Julio.:
DPD is still very much remembered and honoured by a select few who still actively roleplay as Sheriffs!

A few more names to add to this list:
Reece
Gibson
Ben

I still remember getting so irritable when DPD was closed in 2011 I think it was (the time I resigned from the SAPD), nobody else quite did, or indeed does now, county RP like DPD did in it's prime...

Simply, in regards to DPD I'd just like to say: Thanks for all the memories, I'd join again in a heartbeat.  :donut:

Leonardo:
Just found out this masterpiece, also:

! No longer available

Julio.:
I seem to recall DPD holding the record for being the first official recorded video of a patrol vehicle jumping over a river... can't seem to find the videos/screenshots though...

Ben:
The SAPD is missing this now, I believe. I see so many SAPD Recruits ripping into people over the radio for not being professional - Feels like they're trying too hard and losing the fun that comes with it.
It must have been early 2010 when I joined DPD, under Cap'n GiacJr. They were very good times.

We tried to do the same when the Argonath County Sheriffs came into play (Frank, StatuZ, Gibbo, Monkey & myself as Sheriffs of APPD, DPD, FCPD or EQPD), but with the recent introduction of LVPD, we never really recruited enough people. When the Sheriff Departments were disbanded in favour of the PD's it was disappointing, but to offset this Command merged SD's with PD's (meaning for a time, I was temporarily Sheriff in LVPD).

I love that we have one big department now, but we are definitely missing the Sheriff's, who 100% made sure people did not take themselves too seriously.

We've had very good staff members who grew from the Sheriff Departments. Some of those are mentioned below, but from our current Command Staff we have Captain Lionel Valdes, of the Argonath County Sheriffs!

--

Jcstodd's immigration patrols must be the stuff of legend by now, though Recruits would probably faint if they heard the stuff we got up to (I'm still butthurt now).  :lol:

Thanks for the memories DPD, still a fond friend.

--- Quote from: Julio 'Decypher' Collin on April 22, 2016, 17:34:24 pm ---I seem to recall DPD holding the record for being the first official recorded video of a patrol vehicle jumping over a river... can't seem to find the videos/screenshots though...

--- End quote ---
I'll dig this out, it's in the Argonath World Records topic somewhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version