GTA: Vice City > [VC:MP] Closed Complaints

A suggestion and Much More of a Request

(1/1)

MichaelCorleone:
It has been evident that human beings are bound to do errors but sometimes, ignoring such things can lead to much bigger problem. I am here to request the Chief of Police, VCPD to take this issue under his watchful eyes.

It is clearly stated in Police code of Conduct that even during emergencies, there shouldn't be any danger to innocent lives. I encountered two such accidents with VCPD Officers and Cadets. And some other traffic violations also.

As we know, that when Code 3 is initiated during an emergency response, the use of sirens and lights is done; so that drivers and pedestrians are alerted about the situation, but it didn't seem to happen in these cases. I was driving a Cab at the times those incidents happened, and more importantly, a passenger was with me. In one of the accidents, my Taxi was rammed by an upcoming Police vehicle which was being driven in the wrong lane. It happened at the bridge connecting Starfish Island to Washington Beach Area, and due to this, I was unable to see the upcoming car, even though I was in the right lane. But the accident was so immense that I had to pay my passenger for the damage done to them, and the VCPD Squad car rushed away without even stopping for checking us. I would not disclose the identity as it's not a complaint; rather it is to make the officers aware of the situation. I even asked the Officer afterwards to use the right lane but they argued that it was a case of emergency. But, they were not using any lights or siren at the moment.

So, I will request the Honorable Chief of Police(VCPD) to take the incident under notice and try to find ways to prevent such further situations, one of them being a Driving Test, because, such situations may lead to loss of life.

Regards,

Michael

Gruia:
Thanks for stating your concern towards the current situation of VCPD.

As a fellow officer of the department, I'd like to express my point of view regarding the situation at hand.

One of VCPD's most important objectives is keeping a proper relationship with the public. That means that citizens must think of VCPD as an institution that has been set up "to serve and to protect". The regular, law-abiding citizen is the one for whose feeling of safety within the state of Vice City we always try our best out there on the field.

Do take into consideration that Vice City has an extremely dynamic criminality. VCPD operatives are under pressure around the clock so that citizens benefit from our services, by living in a safe environment. However, while pursuing this goal, we mustn't restrict the freedom of the citizens to earn an honest living through the job of their choice. And it seems that this is exactly what happened in your case.

I am quite sure that you do not wish to experience near-death scenarios while performing your job as a cab driver. We, in the police force, know that the best, as we risk our lives out there on the field every single day. But you have to be cautious yourself, due to the high rate of criminality. Always make sure to be aware of your surroundings. Look into your mirrors as often as possible. If you spot any cruisers that are driving fast, make sure to pull over and move out of the way as much as possible, so that any road event can be avoided. We have calls to answer to all the time, we don't just speed it all up to stop at the local doughnut shop for a quick snack.

I may be able to offer you a compensation in the future if such events are to occur again, but let's hope they won't. Stay safe out there!

Kind regards,
Luca Cottonfield,
VCPD Officer

MichaelCorleone:
Thanks a lot for your reply Officer Luca.
I am quite aware about the situation that is currently being faced. And I'm cautious about all such scenarios. So all I'd say is that thank you for the advice and concern. Plus, thank you for the work you all have been doing. I'm content with the answer, yet I'd advise everyone to drive safely as it's good for both, the citizens and the VCPD officers.

Huntsman:
Two years late, but:
Code 3 gives officers the right to violate traffic laws as much as -necessary- to tackle the situation at hand. This does not give them a free hand at causing havoc in the city.
If you see someone driving unreasonably recklessly when on c3, let me know.

Case closed as it's two years old lol.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version