| Date: 04-05-24  Time: 00:22 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 167
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: [SA:MP] Officers inability to be efficient. (Regardless of rank or situation)  (Read 2387 times)

Offline Monte Montague

• Admiral of the Argonath RPG
  • Citizen
    • Skype - montemontague
  • Badge-ID: CO101
Dear Readers,

Lone Ranger
I grow frustrated whilst playing witness to the deluge of officers who patrol alone. It is demotivating seeing lone officers driving around whilst you're partnered.
Patrolling alone is not a good idea as it often puts you at a weaker position when confronted with criminals.

There is almost never a situation where an officer can not pair up with someone else.
If everyone was to occupy a single cruiser of their own it also helps to lead onto the following issue...

Empty Garage
I am furious about the fact that it is far too common to see the LSPD garage empty, void of vital resources, simply because one guy couldn't re-spawn his/her cruiser, or he left it and hitched a ride with someone else, without respawning it or returning it.
I've had to often go off duty, and tow back vehicles for units to use.

Myself and Officer John Taggart have even parted with our own money to see towtruckers search and return the cruisers.
It is just plain neglect in my opinion if we are to continue to just leave cruisers everywhere and not ensure they are back at their places so they can be used appropriately.

Not sure why we're having these problems.
These issues are either due to laziness or may also play a factor in proving general poor (resource) management.

We need clear concise PROACTIVE action and education in regards to these above issues, hopefully a discussion here in a public medium can help towards resolving this issue.

Kind Regards,
Officer Monte Montague.
x2) from: FBI & Coast Guard, Medal: "Chief of ARPD officers - Leading them good" - from Chief Paul. Retired Admiral of the Coast Guard.

Offline Monte Montague

• Citizen
    • Skype - montemontague
Re: [SA:MP] Cruisers: Officers inability to be efficient.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 21:46:46 pm »
Too busy using the wheel to communicate
Further on the point of officers patrolling as lone rangers, when they do this, they are also unable to update the radio and it often becomes a case that officers simply update only on teamspeak and totally avoid the radio. This is true both in 'organised patrols' and outside, whilst I think outside of organised patrols (compared to during organised patrols where it is often recommended to join a patrol channel on team-speak), people tend to use the in-game radio more.

This really is a serious problem.
x2) from: FBI & Coast Guard, Medal: "Chief of ARPD officers - Leading them good" - from Chief Paul. Retired Admiral of the Coast Guard.

Offline Luke

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukecarlmoss
  • Badge-ID: 121
  • SA-MP: Lawrence King
Completely agree with you on the two statements above.

In terms of driving alone and not working as a team i.e partnering up we tend to have that alot, issue is I feel it isn't enforced enough, when I am on duty I tend to get units partnered and I feel most of command do the same, we strongly disagree with members being in separate cruisers. I myself do take your point into consideration and I feel most of command will see this also, so we can indeed get it dealt with as I know what the current issue is but I wish not to point fingers etc. But it will be dealt with.

In terms of Cruisers this issue is always ongoing we try to fix it all the time, I do myself tell people to re-spawn their stuff after there done with it, but I can go offline and return within a few hours and all the cruisers are removed, but yet again this cannot be dealt with if we don't work as a team to get it sorted, yet again most of command will probably discuss this one also because when was closed for a short period of time we actually enforced people to re spawn cruisers and the garage was full so we can always go down the same road in terms of enforcing it again.

Offline Steven J

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #108
  • SA-MP: Steven_Kolta
  • IV:MP: Steven_Kolta
A lot of Sergeants and above encourage units not to patrol alone as it leaves them exposed as a single manned unit.

Cruisers -: It is always happening, all we can do is get units to respawn after use.
Steven Kolta
~ SAPD Supervisory Officer ~

Offline Julian_Garver

• [V:MP] LSPD Officer
  • Special Investigations Bureau Deputy Director
    • Skype - Julian.garver
  • Badge-ID: SF1888
  • SA-MP: Julian_Garver
  • V:MP: Julian_Garver
  • Discord: ArtimusLaru#5106
Dear Readers,

Lone Ranger
I grow frustrated whilst playing witness to the deluge of officers who patrol alone. It is demotivating seeing lone officers driving around whilst you're partnered.
Patrolling alone is not a good idea as it often puts you at a weaker position when confronted with criminals.

There is almost never a situation where an officer can not pair up with someone else.
If everyone was to occupy a single cruiser of their own it also helps to lead onto the following issue...

Dear Monte, I know you are not referring directly to me but often times I do patrol alone because of lack off Officers online or afk when I am on, usually there are no more than 15 people on when I am on, it does put me at a slight disadvantage, my question Is would you rather see a lone officer patrol or no officers on the streets?
Signed from the desk of:

Holder of:
Police Star
Police Life Saving Medal
Community Policing Medal x2
Community Service Medal x1
Meritourius Service Medal x2
Medal of Conduct and Performance x1
Distinguished Service Metal x1
1 Year of Service Ribbon x1
Command Ribbon x1

serving with SFPD since 03/23/2010-06-23-2012

Offline Monte Montague

• Citizen
    • Skype - montemontague
Dear Readers,

Lone Ranger

Dear Monte, I know you are not referring directly to me but often times I do patrol alone because of lack off Officers online or afk when I am on, usually there are no more than 15 people on when I am on, it does put me at a slight disadvantage, my question Is would you rather see a lone officer patrol or no officers on the streets?

Dear Julian Garver,

In response to your message;

I'd rather there was no officers on the streets.
They can still be in the station and respond to 911's when needed but TOGETHER.
It's just not worth the risk...

Also you're a supervisory officer. You need to be pushing people to patrol. Don't ask them,. tell them to get to LSPD /LVPD/ SFPD and tell them why.
It's really not that difficult. If officers are not willing to patrol with you or go through the effort then they should not be occupying a cruiser and can get on a mountain bike.

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
I absolutely disagree to the fact of the no-lone rangers. I myself was always a lone-ranger looking back patrolling the Mulholland Intersection hours upon hours! Nobody else wanted to sit up there all day with me. I did not even want to do it myself but I was dedicated of catching these wrong rampers. As far as efficiency goes? I was pretty damn efficient. If I have full body armour, M4, Sniper, and an Infernus or Bullet I become a damn good officer alone. Some people are just skillful enough to be alone and their partner always hindered them from catching the bad guy;

-Your partner is the driver and does not know where the hell he is going!
-Partners you first have to wait 10 minutes to enter your vehicle because they are in Bayside and your in Los Santos.
-They meet up with you at the LSPD and then now you have to waist another 10 minutes arming up at the ammunation because they are not as quick as you are.
-And then you have to wait another 10 minutes because they went AFK inside of the ammunation and your like "WTF"
-Now you are on pursuit and they forgot to enter with SMG and now they are begging you to pullover or better yet they are again AFK in the car!
-Which I never pulled over but some cops do and now you lost the suspect!
-Your in pursuit with a suspect driving at full speeds your partner crashes out of the game and due to your partner teleporting out of the car your car stops from 177 to 0 km/h.
-Your partner accidentally car jacks you when he was trying to enter as the passenger.
-You have multiple partners and they all enter as passenger at the same time your vehicle flips in the air due to bug and lands upside down and explodes.
-Your partner decides to enter your damaged police vehicle (heavily smoking) during a shoot-out and the suspects now shot up your car, killed your partner, and now it is you vs. these suspects with no car to escape.
-Now that your partner got you killed from his stupidiness or mistakes you just go back to patrolling alone.   

I always found partners rather annoying with patrolling with. I never needed to use the radio either because all the other cops are busy with another situation or don't respond. I only used radio higher priority situations such as C30s. I was always capable of catching criminals myself granted I have 7 years of GTA SA of experience. You don't need a partner. You must be very useless anyway if you require a partner. Therefore it should not be enforced!

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal