| Date: 03-05-24  Time: 23:57 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 162
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Bad times for the law.  (Read 5959 times)

Offline Dusty

• Citizen
  • Loyal to Law.
    • Skype - joe.noe4
  • Badge-ID: 139
Bad times for the law.
« on: May 26, 2016, 16:25:55 pm »
As a active player of Argo, I am active in the morning and afternoon and nights. Mostly nights and afternoons, but also mornings.

I have never seen so much criminals and criminal groups in Argo. Every law enforcement agency needs to start doing mass recruitment, but should also lower the criteria. Let's try bringing back CIA and MGI, they could perhaps help us a little bit.
Or let's we, discuss about something to make people more attracted to police work?

Since New Dawn, alot of players have come on, and gangs/mafias are attracting them. So that means, more players, but more criminals.

So the whole point of this topic is to discuss and create plans to raise the activity,raise member count,MORE TRAININGS to LEO's for better quality fighting and defence, attract new players or others to the police work.

I know y'all saying quantity over quality right now, but let's face it, if this keeps going on and on, criminals will outnumber us anytime in the day(especially in the mornings), and what then? Cops are gonna be afraid of going outside the PD, and criminals will rule over the streets.

Now, you might also say, but we have enough activity and members. Yes, we have, but, can WE make that activity be like it EVERYDAY in EVERYTIME of the day?

I know people have RL lives, so that explains their inactivity. So that is why we need to attract players, especially new ones, to the cop job. I don't care if freecop or not, we are all united to serve and protect.

Discuss plans,ideas,thoughts,solutions, and other here.

Offline David Gonzalez

• If you think people are inherently good, you get rid of the police for 24 hours - see what happens - Sylvester Stallone
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: A105
Re: Bad times for the law.
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 16:47:14 pm »
For a long time, I've dedicated myself to teach people proper police roleplay, but it seems like nowadays all people care about is a senseless war that can't be won by either side.. Some call it roleplay, I rather call it by it's name, Death-matching.
No matter what anyone says, their actions in-game speak louder.. Maybe when people start realizing that this is a roleplay server and not cop.v.robbers they can then request something.
If you want more ''Quality Fighting and Defense Trainings'', First prove that you earned them, and secondly, If people tell you to remove yourself from a situation do it... Don't just walk right in looking for trouble.. because we are tired of handling that kind of bullshit.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Offline Francisco Martinez

• Citizen
    • Skype - cozinheirosueco
  • Badge-ID: #139
  • SA-MP: Morais
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 18:06:01 pm »
Hello active player, let's do this by parts:
I have never seen so much criminals and criminal groups in Argo. Every law enforcement agency needs to start doing mass recruitment, but should also lower the criteria. Let's try bringing back CIA and MGI, they could perhaps help us a little bit.
Or let's we, discuss about something to make people more attracted to police work?
The problem about new criminal groups is that most times the leaders only teach their gang members how to win money and farm instead of trying to put some sense on their heads about stuff like: rulebreaking, respect and values.
Lowering the criteria leads to uneducated people which leads to rulebreakers which leads to a bad reputations and we surely don't want that.
How can groups like CIA and MGI, that together must have around 10 members, help us with recruitment?
More attracted to police work? We try to enforce role-play, rules, trainings, operations: people don't care. So are we wrong or is it their problem?

Since New Dawn, alot of players have come on, and gangs/mafias are attracting them. So that means, more players, but more criminals.

So the whole point of this topic is to discuss and create plans to raise the activity,raise member count,MORE TRAININGS to LEO's for better quality fighting and defence, attract new players or others to the police work.

I know y'all saying quantity over quality right now, but let's face it, if this keeps going on and on, criminals will outnumber us anytime in the day(especially in the mornings), and what then? Cops are gonna be afraid of going outside the PD, and criminals will rule over the streets.

You're dreaming too much. Don't forget that mafias and gangs have their own fights and territories. PD members just need to be smart and play with that. When the time comes we should be prepared to engage in a big fight and that's why we work everyday: to be better.
I prefer 5 well trained and focused officers rather than 15 cops hungry to kill and get $100 per kill.

Now, you might also say, but we have enough activity and members. Yes, we have, but, can WE make that activity be like it EVERYDAY in EVERYTIME of the day?
I know people have RL lives, so that explains their inactivity. So that is why we need to attract players, especially new ones, to the cop job. I don't care if freecop or not, we are all united to serve and protect.
Thank god you are aware of everything although you missed something: timezones. Mornings will always be problematic because like you said, people have RL.

Discuss plans,ideas,thoughts,solutions, and other here.
Don't try to fix what's not wrong.

If you want more ''Quality Fighting and Defense Trainings'', First prove that you earned them, and secondly, If people tell you to remove yourself from a situation do it... Don't just walk right in looking for trouble.. because we are tired of handling that kind of bullshit.
That... was... really... useful...
SAPD members should priorize roleplay and attempt to discuss when a situation happen. Coming with weapon drawn and aiming at everyone won't be tolerated.
Knowing is not enough; We must apply
Willing is not enough; We must do..

Offline Allison

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Alicia Ross
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 20:19:13 pm »
No matter what anyone says, their actions in-game speak louder.. Maybe when people start realizing that this is a roleplay server and not cop.v.robbers they can then request something.
This has been a plague for years now, and so far nothing has changed in my eyes. People do understand this is considered a roleplay server, however it's not that simple. The realization must be there, yes, however there must be proper encouragement and enforcement, even if very subtle and small. A majority of people will not follow something they aren't encouraged to do.

I'm sorry, but what? How does 'proving you've earned them' affect what training someone receives? If people aren't trained to do something properly, they won't know what to do. Should be standard training in my opinion.

Offline David Gonzalez

• If you think people are inherently good, you get rid of the police for 24 hours - see what happens - Sylvester Stallone
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: A105
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2016, 21:08:18 pm »
I'm sorry, but what? How does 'proving you've earned them' affect what training someone receives? If people aren't trained to do something properly, they won't know what to do. Should be standard training in my opinion.
[/quote]
Sorry I should have been more specific.
When there's trainings about ''RP things'' No body seems to even look at it.. meanwhile someone is like '' Oh lets shoot eachother and get free guns and shit'' Oh man... everyone is there because '' Trainings'' Are awesome. Change the mentality and then we can give more trainings like that.

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.

Offline [Rstar]Norrage

• [V:MP] LSPD Officer
  • V:MP: [Rstar]Norrage
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2016, 21:32:27 pm »
Well I'm trying my best to do the same for IV:MP.

Public Relations Media

Public Relations Topic

I suggest to do the same for SA:MP?
Est. 29.10.2008 | 05.11.2015

Offline Matthew Carter

• Citizen
    • Skype - locmax.
  • SA-MP: Matthew Carter
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2016, 22:12:04 pm »
CIA and MGI won't do nothing but draw those who could be in SAPD or FBI into them.
Then from let's say 50 people in same group, you'd have 10 in one, 15 in another, 20 in another and so on.... the total amount of Law Enforcing officers will stay the same, just spread around each group instead of it being in fewer.
Also you need to chill the freak out and get something going beside Argonath. Argonath will bring you nothing but stress and white hair by age of 15 in your case. And it's already happening seeing your posts and reactions to events.
It's nothing more but a game, and whatever happens in it stays in it, so I advise you to stop taking things so personally and stop overreacting and creating drama when few people shoot in a game.

Federal Bureau of Investigation
Director

Offline Deluca

• [SA:MP] SWAT Team Leader
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #140
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2016, 00:43:04 am »
Try placing yourself in the shoes of a new player. What would you rather see?

1. How we currently have it: two law enforcement agencies (SAPD and FBI), but both are not very active as a team, but rather divided.
2. What you're suggesting: four law enforcement agencies (SAPD, FBI, CIA and MGI) but both are extremely inactive due to a completely divided community.
3. What I am suggesting: one law enforcement agency (SAPD) where FBI are merging with the SAPD and shaping a good and strong detective bureau. A non-divided legal faction which works together as a faction and as a team to defeat crime. A department which is looking attractive with more opportunities than you currently have or would have in option 2. With more active members and organized patrols going on, active detectives in the field and a SWAT team and a Detective Bureau which is always ready for call outs to hostage situations and such. Detectives handling negotiations and SWAT handling the tactical takedowns.

This is your choice. Argonath needs to put Need above Greed, and not Greed above Need.

Offline Fred

• Citizen
    • Skype - brunotaborda
  • Badge-ID: #145
  • SA-MP: FredericK_Collin
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2016, 01:03:16 am »
Try placing yourself in the shoes of a new player. What would you rather see?

1. How we currently have it: two law enforcement agencies (SAPD and FBI), but both are not very active as a team, but rather divided.
2. What you're suggesting: four law enforcement agencies (SAPD, FBI, CIA and MGI) but both are extremely inactive due to a completely divided community.
3. What I am suggesting: one law enforcement agency (SAPD) where FBI are merging with the SAPD and shaping a good and strong detective bureau. A non-divided legal faction which works together as a faction and as a team to defeat crime. A department which is looking attractive with more opportunities than you currently have or would have in option 2. With more active members and organized patrols going on, active detectives in the field and a SWAT team and a Detective Bureau which is always ready for call outs to hostage situations and such. Detectives handling negotiations and SWAT handling the tactical takedowns.

This is your choice. Argonath needs to put Need above Greed, and not Greed above Need.

SAPD and FBI are working as a team. The collaboration is good between both agencies. Dont know why you got that comment related with no collaboration between agencies.

I AM here since 2009 and 2010 in SAPD and never saw the connection between agencies só good. They help us and we help them when requested and needed since we havê different tasks while on duty. I fully disagree to havê more agencies but disagree with your words related to the collaboration and cooperation between agencies.

CIA and MGI won't do nothing but draw those who could be in SAPD or FBI into them.
Then from let's say 50 people in same group, you'd have 10 in one, 15 in another, 20 in another and so on.... the total amount of Law Enforcing officers will stay the same, just spread around each group instead of it being in fewer.

Having more agencies like Matthew said will separate the members of current agencies in more agencies.

The case of shootouts and no one responding or just people being killed, some people love to disobey direct orders and make themselfs like heros. The second reason is the low amount of active members in SAPD, but with this current wave we expect to raise our active personnel and be more present on the streets with trained officers.

About the matter of this topic, Dusty you should focus more in your training to become a sapd Officer and leave command matters for command. Its not the first time you bring those things into a public discussion. In my vision its not good since opinions are opinions and we can create conflits with those opinions and sapd dont even need it Now. Yoi see troubles or havê sugestions talk with command staff, they will discuss it in a private way and if there is a chance to be done they will do it for sure.
Signed,
FredericK Collin
[SA:MP] SAPD Supervisory Officer
-Serving since February of 2010

Offline Deluca

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2016, 01:13:20 am »
I think you fail to see what I mean. SAPD and FBI are sure a good team when it comes to organized events and high priority situations. But when there are other and more common duties, then there is no collaberation at all. Stating that you have been here since 09 and 10 doesnt make you much smarter than me when it comes to this, because I have been here since those times as well and I have seen the massive leaps that SAPD and Argonath have taken as a whole for the past years.

In RS4, FBI had a bigger purpose than what it has now. We rather need a bigger and more functional police departementet who works under same superiors, procedures and regulations, than two factions who oppose that.

Argonath as of today have no use for two law enforcement agencies. It should be one existing until we can figure out what the hell is going on and to be able to stabilize and create balance between police and criminals.

Offline DinoKid23

• Citizen
    • Skype - dinokid23
  • SA-MP: hehe xd
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2016, 01:15:41 am »

Public Relations Media

Public Relations Topic

honest with you here and this might be off topic but those statistics that your relations division posts only degrade the IV:MP department. for example one of the posters say "x amount of innocent people carkilled". unless the relations page is trying to humor the public and attract players to join the lcpd oocly, i reccomend new posters

Offline Julio.

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #DM2378
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]Julio
  • VC:MP: [R*]Julio
  • IV:MP: [R*]Julio
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2016, 10:43:05 am »
It's hardly New Dawn attracting new players. Most the players ingame are older ones who've come back from inactivity and found they actually like the new scripts.

RS5.2 attracted the players.

Sorry for derailing.

DPD - Medal of Whiskey x3 DPD - Medal of Respect x1 DPD - Medal of Loyalty x3
 SAPD - Meritorious Award x1 SAPD - Community Policing x1

Offline Matthew Carter

• Citizen
    • Skype - locmax.
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2016, 16:47:26 pm »
FBI and SAPD won't merge simply because it allows FBI to operate independently and act upon corruption and misconduct within other agencies without being influenced or overpowered by higher ranks in those agencies and the independence also allows it to hold a major database of classified information and profiles. Having such privacy and integrity wouldn't be possible if it was part of SAPD.

Director

Offline Deluca

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2016, 21:06:40 pm »
FBI and SAPD won't merge simply because it allows FBI to operate independently and act upon corruption and misconduct within other agencies without being influenced or overpowered by higher ranks in those agencies and the independence also allows it to hold a major database of classified information and profiles. Having such privacy and integrity wouldn't be possible if it was part of SAPD.

That is why you have those who are above the Chief of Police again, and that is why we're having Internal Affairs as well.

Offline Matthew Carter

• Citizen
    • Skype - locmax.
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2016, 22:14:28 pm »
Those who are above the Chief of Police now are those who were Chiefs in past, I don't see no neutral people in there. And Internal Affairs of SAPD work with FBI when it's about higher level of corruption. Besides, Internal Affairs of SAPD are still under high ranks like Chief. FBI is simply needed as a neutral and independent force that'll enforce the law on whoever breaks it.

Director

Offline Deluca

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2016, 01:35:42 am »
Those who are above the Chief of Police now are those who were Chiefs in past, I don't see no neutral people in there. And Internal Affairs of SAPD work with FBI when it's about higher level of corruption. Besides, Internal Affairs of SAPD are still under high ranks like Chief. FBI is simply needed as a neutral and independent force that'll enforce the law on whoever breaks it.

so weird that every other server which doesn't want FBI because it doesn't serve a proper purpose as the FBI actually is doing in real life, is making Internal Affairs work in a police department. It surely must be something wrong with those communities.

Offline Marco

• Veteran
  • [VC:MP] FBI Agent
  • Ductus Exemplo
    • Skype - marco.argonathrpg
  • VC:MP: [TAC]Marco
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2016, 02:21:14 am »
so weird that every other server which doesn't want FBI because it doesn't serve a proper purpose as the FBI actually is doing in real life, is making Internal Affairs work in a police department. It surely must be something wrong with those communities.

Just because most of FBI's work is not freely available to the public (and most of PD staff), doesn't mean it's not necessary. There's several reasons for pretty much all of Argonath's servers to have the FBI as a stand-alone agency.

If you were part of it, I'm sure you'd have a different vision. VCPD has already done the merge with the Bureau but in the end it was undone.
Oscar 2008 - Best Police Officer (VC:MP)

Offline Matthew Carter

• Citizen
    • Skype - locmax.
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2016, 08:59:48 am »
Yeah it seems a lot of people never heard of assets and undercover agents, they think if few of us are always on duty performing public work it automatically means we don't do investigations of organized crimes and that stuff  :lol:

Director

Offline Deluca

• Citizen
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2016, 23:13:47 pm »
Yeah it seems a lot of people never heard of assets and undercover agents, they think if few of us are always on duty performing public work it automatically means we don't do investigations of organized crimes and that stuff  :lol:

I never said that the FBI is not doing a good job. Where did I say that? What I am saying is that there are not many cops and having SAPD and FBI is dividing the few law enforcement officers there already are.

Offline [Rstar]Norrage

• [V:MP] LSPD Officer
  • V:MP: [Rstar]Norrage
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2016, 23:23:08 pm »

Public Relations Media

Public Relations Topic

honest with you here and this might be off topic but those statistics that your relations division posts only degrade the IV:MP department. for example one of the posters say "x amount of innocent people carkilled". unless the relations page is trying to humor the public and attract players to join the lcpd oocly, i reccomend new posters

Yes, the idea is to imply humor aswell. If we would want to degrade the department as you stated, we would only make negative ones and not ones like 'Suspects apprehended' and so forth.

Anyways, too offtopic. Sorry for that.
Est. 29.10.2008 | 05.11.2015

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal