| Date: 03-05-24  Time: 04:41 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 142
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Bringing back old rules  (Read 14222 times)

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
Bringing back old rules
« on: July 07, 2010, 22:53:49 pm »
I'd like to hear people's opinions on this matter, in the old days there were rules that balanced out the play with Cops and Suspects.

Here are two of those -I- personaly would like to see come back:

1. No drive-by allowed on suspects car unless it's faster than what you are driving.
-Will force officers to actualy learn how to drive properly..

2. No heavy weapons usage on unarmed/lightly armed suspects.
-More fair play for suspects

We're all here to have fun, just as the criminals are.

Opinions?

Offline tiderman

• Citizen
Re: Bringing back old rules
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 23:09:44 pm »
My opinion?

No drive-by as copper.
No civilian cars as copper.
Only use the weapons you are issued with as copper. (Nitestick, Deagle, Shotgun, Pepperspray (remove the MP5))

That's what I would like. I would also like a friendlier atmosphere and more teamwork. A more organized ARPD. But not too many regulations like the era when we couldn't go outside city limits and such...

Just... Cops as cops "should" be...

Offline Jason J. Dilworth

• Citizen
  • Watch your six
  • Badge-ID: #139
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2010, 23:15:17 pm »
Yes, bring back those rules, things must be more strict.

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2010, 23:22:42 pm »
My opinion?

No drive-by as copper.
Only use the weapons you are issued with as copper. (Nitestick, Deagle, Shotgun, Pepperspray (remove the MP5))

That's what I would like. I would also like a friendlier atmosphere and more teamwork. A more organized ARPD. But not too many regulations like the era when we couldn't go outside city limits and such...

And how are we supposed to deal with suspects in Infernuses and cars packed with DBing criminals?

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 23:25:22 pm »

Drive by is too gangsterish for my tastes. It would be nice if the SA:MP allowed driveby with shotguns and pistols like MTA SA, which would be more viable for cop RP. Using SMG on cars that can be out driven by a normal cruiser offends the driver! Although different situations calls for different levels of force. No need to complicate rules - use common sense.

I use heavy weapons to accommodate my role-play character (AK and Sniper). Primarily to look bad ass and shoot inanimate objects. If I criminal knows I have this weapon and tries to run or fight, it is his choice. I would rather RP though and not shoot to kill. That's why my primary weapon is a katana or a shovel. The only police issue weapon that matches my RP is the shotgun, however I sometimes use the sawn off because of it's antiquity (and its no longer so popular). If I ever have pepperspray I use it as deodorant and mouth spray.

I also use a civilian pickup truck to throw immigrants/ trolls/ zombies/ black guys in when I need to ferry people around, and have used other civilian vehicles for other appropriate situations when I am a Sheriff (such as trucks).

So for point 1, the rules should be to use common sense. For 2, make sure you give warnings in an RP way, and make further use of common sense. (In my opinion).
LSPD Chief Stodds

RayCarter

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2010, 23:27:30 pm »
This Server needs more rules than whats posted to improve Roleplaying.

But, It's just how this server chooses to be and I have no right to change that.

Offline tiderman

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2010, 23:40:32 pm »
My opinion?

No drive-by as copper.

And how are we supposed to deal with suspects in Infernuses and cars packed with DBing criminals?
Hey, that's just my opinion man. I just think theres too many officers driving around in dragracers and shooting with M249s.

I grab a Regina and try to make a run for it after being suspected for reckless driving. Two officers in an Infernus and one on an NRG show up and start to spray the living crap out of me with bullets (both the biker and the passenger in the infernus). As I try to run away from my car that is now on fire to save my own life I get killed. Combats and M4s done shot me to hell. I had no weapons and I didn't even cause that of a serious threat... to anyone.

Just ask yourself that question. What would we do if we couldn't use super cars and sport bikes and not spray with our submachineguns?

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2010, 23:45:52 pm »
I've already worked out a list of guidelines for the not-so-near future to help imrpove SAPD, and bring it back to what it once was.. The guidelines aren't ridiculous like strict city boundaries, but they work off of improving relations with cops and criminals, making it a tad more realistic. Some of the things you may see in the near future may seem a little unnecessary, but they're not over the edge; and of course, there are bound to be amendments. :roll:

edit:

But, It's just how this server chooses to be and I have no right to change that.

If you have a problem with "This Server" then you're free to leave. You're currently a senior officer with the SAPD, and if you refer to Argo as "that server" with no intent to give your suggestions in detail, again, you can feel free to resign and/or leave.

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Mac_Cabrazi

• Citizen
  • This is the coolest badge in the world
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2010, 23:50:44 pm »
completely agree with this but I have my own suggestion for a rule
No firearm usage what so ever on an unarmed running suspect run after them in a damn footchase if they get in a car then open fire

Offline tiderman

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2010, 00:01:30 am »
Okay I might have overreacted a bit with my whole RESTRICT EVERYTHING!! thing but it's just that I think two cops driving around in a pink Infernus and shooting at everything orange with their combats and assault rifles... It's just... No. It's not police work at all. It's... No, it's not deathmatching but that's what comes to mind when I think about it. It's bad anyhow. I think so anyway.

edit: And it's not like I have this huge problem with everyone who buys extra firepower or drive their highway patrol Buffalo or anything. It's not like I wish everyone who do this were dead or anything. I don't REALLY mind this... like... I can't sleep about it or anything but I think it surely has gotten out of hand :razz:

AND that is great to hear, Vince.

Offline Husky

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2010, 01:57:39 am »
I've already worked out a list of guidelines for the not-so-near future to help imrpove SAPD, and bring it back to what it once was.. The guidelines aren't ridiculous like strict city boundaries, but they work off of improving relations with cops and criminals, making it a tad more realistic. Some of the things you may see in the near future may seem a little unnecessary, but they're not over the edge; and of course, there are bound to be amendments. :roll:

edit:

If you have a problem with "This Server" then you're free to leave. You're currently a senior officer with the SAPD, and if you refer to Argo as "that server" with no intent to give your suggestions in detail, again, you can feel free to resign and/or leave.

he might be right, certain players tend to abuse the fact we dont have some rules written and make drama when they get cought >.>

RayCarter

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2010, 03:27:25 am »
I only play here for a bit of Cops & Robbers. I know it's supposed to be Roleplay and I don't mind it a few times a Day.
But, If I wanted to Roleplay all the time, I'd just find somewhere else. Me alone can't change the theme of Argonath.

I thought people were just breaking Rules, but there ARE no Rules against somethings and everyone knows that and it's just how it is.
I simply followed what I had been doing for the past year and a half when I first joined Argonath.

Offline Victoria_Taylor

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2010, 03:41:25 am »

Well i dont agree with this rule, if we have heavy weapons that dont means we will use on them i always use spray for them, so we arent gods to know if they are heavy armed or no :), anyway its up to SAPD command if they bring those rules i will follow them i cant do nothing :)
To serve and protect
-Meritorious Service Medal
-Community Policing Medal

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2010, 03:45:53 am »
There rules should be made for someone that is not biased.

Offline GiacJr

• Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2010, 03:58:47 am »
I only play here for a bit of Cops & Robbers. I know it's supposed to be Roleplay and I don't mind it a few times a Day.
But, If I wanted to Roleplay all the time, I'd just find somewhere else. Me alone can't change the theme of Argonath.

I thought people were just breaking Rules, but there ARE no Rules against somethings and everyone knows that and it's just how it is.
I simply followed what I had been doing for the past year and a half when I first joined Argonath.
So wait, you treat Argonath as a cops n robbers server with no ambition of RPing whatsoever?
Excuse me while I talk to the head of your PD about this.
2007 ranks - DPD Captain, DPD Chief.
2008 ranks - SAPD Deputy Chief, SAPD Sergeant, 207 topkop.
2009 ranks - SAPD Application Manager, DPD Sergeant, DPD Lieutenant, DPD Transfer Request Manager.
2010 ranks - DPD Captain, SWAT Associate.
2011 ranks - LSPD Officer, DPD Officer.
Medals - 4 Meritorious Service Medals, 3 Community Policing Medals, 1 Police Star Medal.

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2010, 04:32:53 am »
Let's just keep it how it is. Less complicated.

Offline Badandy

• Citizen
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2010, 05:51:19 am »
The good of this is that cops wont kill standing suspect.

The bad is making alot of confusion with Freecops that are new to the server.. and more Confusion..

Police Officer III Andrew Badden
Internal Affairs Investigator
San Andreas Police Department "to protect and serve"

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2010, 08:44:47 am »
Use common sense on all of the above, and there will be no problem.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2010, 10:11:48 am »
1. No drive-by allowed on suspects car unless it's faster than what you are driving.

BUT THAT WILL PUT ME OUT OF MY JOB!

Seriously though, agreed to both.

However, when a slow car has 3 blokes that are shooting at you, I return fire.

No drive-by as copper.

OI! You mad.

Offline FlameMan

• Captain Ice
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #CS0007
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2010, 10:33:15 am »

Agreed with those.

No firearm usage what so ever on an unarmed running suspect run after them in a damn footchase if they get in a car then open fire

I disagree with this one. Officers are mostly running after suspects instead of just shooting at them from one place.. In my opinion suspect who is running away and not answering "Surrender" calls, can be taken down with lethal force.

I would also really love to see the dark blue color back, but after long discussion with CBFasi, I know it's impossible :( Unfortunately.
"The kingdom strength is not based on the strength of the king, but the strength of the people."
---

2008 - 2011SAPD Captain   |   SWAT Associates   |   SAPD Academy Chief  |  LSPD / LVPD Lieutenant  |  SADA Detective  |  SWAT Cadet  |  LSPD Officer
2012Northen Command Captain (Supervising LVPD, FCPD, EQPD)

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal