| Date: 02-05-24  Time: 17:56 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Real Women by NemoBarakat
[April 28, 2024, 18:14:36 pm]

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Ladies by Nikola_Nidza
[April 26, 2024, 03:13:30 am]

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels by Seth
[April 20, 2024, 11:00:22 am]

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Authentic Damsels by PatarHD
[April 19, 2024, 23:24:35 pm]

Superlative Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels by saqibkhan
[April 19, 2024, 22:30:34 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 127
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: San Andreas Police Department | Q&A  (Read 255002 times)

Offline Ben

• Argonath Sheriff
  • Citizen
  • Credit goes to Sushi for the avatar.
  • Badge-ID: #CS2067
Re: SA:MP | State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #540 on: November 25, 2011, 18:21:03 pm »
Sergeants can only handle ARPD officer reports.
Lieutenants + (SAPD CMD) handle local department member reports.

Which is why they are for Lt+
I wasn't aware of this  :conf:
Its changed in the time I have been away from Cmd? I used to deal with reports about officers in my PD, and be annoyed when I couldn't lock or move them...  :lol:
Serving DPD since 2010
Serving the ARPD since 2009

Retired Sheriff

Medal of:
Honour
x1
Whiskey x2
Loyalty x3
Respect x1
Leadership x1
Meritorious Service x2
Community Policing x2
Police Life-Saving x2

“Everything is possible for him who believes.” - Mark 9:23
You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #541 on: November 25, 2011, 19:17:06 pm »
Sergeants can only handle ARPD officer reports.
Lieutenants + (SAPD CMD) handle local department member reports.

Which is why they are for Lt+
I wasn't aware of this  :conf:
Its changed in the time I have been away from Cmd? I used to deal with reports about officers in my PD, and be annoyed when I couldn't lock or move them...  :lol:
That's because SAPD had assigned people to handle them, as well. In that case, it wasn't based on rank, but instead by experience and trust within the Department, hence the confusion with the ranks.

Offline Ben

• Argonath Sheriff
  • Citizen
« Reply #542 on: November 25, 2011, 20:15:58 pm »
That's because SAPD had assigned people to handle them, as well. In that case, it wasn't based on rank, but instead by experience and trust within the Department, hence the confusion with the ranks.
No-one assigned me to anything...I just looked in the board and dealt with reports about my people...then asked Lt Reece what punishments Sgt's can give out.  :razz:
Serving DPD since 2010

Retired Sheriff

Medal of:
Honour
x1
Whiskey x2
Loyalty x3
Respect x1
Leadership x1
Meritorious Service x2
Community Policing x2
Police Life-Saving x2

You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #543 on: November 26, 2011, 01:35:20 am »
SAPD Command members of a department are the first to act on a report, a local department sergeant can come assist but the final decision and call is up to the lieutenant or/and call.

Some departments also used to have IA division but majority of them were disbanded.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline Orel

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #4815
« Reply #544 on: November 26, 2011, 13:51:29 pm »
About ARPD Officers.
I think they should not be allowed to drive unPD cars aswell,They usualy come with unpd cars and shoot the suspects,then the suspect take his car and drive away..for example,Today in the middle of C30 ARPD officer came with State NRG and shot corleone,then they took his NRG and evaded..Its not the first time its happen to me.

/discuss.

Offline saberman

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #LS3029
« Reply #545 on: November 26, 2011, 14:49:33 pm »
About ARPD Officers.
I think they should not be allowed to drive unPD cars aswell,They usualy come with unpd cars and shoot the suspects,then the suspect take his car and drive away..for example,Today in the middle of C30 ARPD officer came with State NRG and shot corleone,then they took his NRG and evaded..Its not the first time its happen to me.

/discuss.
I oppose your opinion because it would seem a lot of strict to things. ARPD members are mostly made of new players, and Argonath must always remain friendly to the new players as said so in Argonath Vision IIRC. Other than that, we should not be restrictive, and if we put ARPD so restrictive, I would see no difference in ARPD and SAPD.

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #546 on: November 26, 2011, 17:46:43 pm »
Although that I agree that every cop should be only using police vehicles, no one can force ARPD Officers to do such because no police force has commanding rights over them. If it were made a server rule, that would be one thing, but I don't see this happening as it can possibly be conflicting with the Argonath Vision, as Sabreman brought up.

Offline Ben

• Argonath Sheriff
  • Citizen
« Reply #547 on: November 27, 2011, 00:53:03 am »
Although that I agree that every cop should be only using police vehicles, no one can force ARPD Officers to do such because no police force has commanding rights over them. If it were made a server rule, that would be one thing, but I don't see this happening as it can possibly be conflicting with the Argonath Vision, as Sabreman brought up.
Gandalf confirmed that orders given by SAPD members on the field must be followed by ARPD Officers, but as you've said, they follow server rules, not our regulations.
Serving DPD since 2010

Retired Sheriff

Medal of:
Honour
x1
Whiskey x2
Loyalty x3
Respect x1
Leadership x1
Meritorious Service x2
Community Policing x2
Police Life-Saving x2

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #548 on: November 27, 2011, 01:12:07 am »
Gandalf confirmed that orders given by SAPD members on the field must be followed by ARPD Officers, but as you've said, they follow server rules, not our regulations.
Orders by rank, but nothing more unfortunately. It's a good thing because it allows players to freely roleplay, as well as learn, without being bound to strict regulations, but on the flip side, it creates issues when two sets of players in the same roleplaying career field are following different sets of rules and regulations...or the lack thereof in the case of some ARPD Officers.

Offline Kyle J. Morrow

• Citizen
« Reply #549 on: November 29, 2011, 22:25:58 pm »
What all does the SAPD offer to 'new officers' on the field and internally?

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
« Reply #550 on: November 30, 2011, 13:02:16 pm »
Greetings

We offer our fellow new officers some cop support and experience normally and such..

Offline Orel

• Citizen
« Reply #551 on: December 25, 2011, 15:06:33 pm »
Greetings,
well I think we should do something with the crime "Speeding" or "Reckless driving",There are alot of officers who break the driving regulations also and speed/reckless driving with no sirens,I got alot of PM's from civilians that they complained about it that its not fair that Officers can break it but civilians cant.Its almost Impossible to report or punish every officer that speed/reckless drive since there are alot.so I think we should make it un-crimeable to be fair with the civilians,but we won't remove it from traffic stops or something,we can keep RP like that but its shouldn't be crime able in my opinion.
Regards,
Sergeant AirOrel.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #552 on: December 25, 2011, 19:00:44 pm »
Yeah speeding and reckless driving, is one of those things I don't punish for since that would by hypocritical on my side  :lol:
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Ben

• Argonath Sheriff
  • Citizen
« Reply #553 on: December 25, 2011, 19:33:13 pm »
Yeah speeding and reckless driving, is one of those things I don't punish for since that would by hypocritical on my side  :lol:
:lol:

How can we pull people over for speeding in a community where a driving license is not required?
Serving DPD since 2010

Retired Sheriff

Medal of:
Honour
x1
Whiskey x2
Loyalty x3
Respect x1
Leadership x1
Meritorious Service x2
Community Policing x2
Police Life-Saving x2

Offline Omar Aly

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #SF3302
« Reply #554 on: December 25, 2011, 21:04:33 pm »
As I learned in academy and doing in field it works this way.

> I see speeder.
> I attemp to pull him over.
> He stops cool/ he fails to stop = /su evade

I never suspect someone for speeding. Reckless driving thought is sometimes used instead of ramming when someone hites a cop car but it should be replaced by hitting police car or somthing.

Offline Orel

• Citizen
« Reply #555 on: December 25, 2011, 21:45:00 pm »
Yes,thats what I mean,Driving license its not even required to drive and we shouldn't suspect them for this crime.
And omar,In my opinion you can pull them over and RP with them,but if they will choose to evade you can leave them since you can't force RP.and mostly in the end of traffic stop for those crime they'll get fined..

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
« Reply #556 on: December 26, 2011, 02:01:33 am »
You have the oppurtunity to choose to either roleplay it deeply without any scripted command, or go ahead and use the scripted command for suspections. Personally, I'd recommend roleplaying first so both parties enjoy the scene and get an idea of how ARPD roleplay is like. Perhaps you guys should start giving it a try. But as i said, it's up to you.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #557 on: December 26, 2011, 23:20:14 pm »

> I see speeder.

I never suspect someone for speeding. Reckless driving thought is sometimes used instead of ramming when someone hites a cop car but it should be replaced by hitting police car or somthing.
  Yeah this is the correct thing to do. ALthough for reckless driving - most of the time it can be due to lag or just be a small accident.
LSPD Chief Stodds

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #558 on: December 27, 2011, 00:40:28 am »

> I see speeder.

Yeah this is the correct thing to do. ALthough for reckless driving - most of the time it can be due to lag or just be a small accident.
I can agree to that, as well. SAPD protocol has always covered this exactly as you both have said, and it's exactly the same thing in real life. Cops don't issue warrants on speeders...they issue them for not pulling over to receive their tickets ;)

Offline Kostas

• [SA:MP] Senior Officer
  • Badge-ID: #4945
  • SA-MP: Kostas_Evans
  • Discord: Kostas#4542
« Reply #559 on: February 06, 2012, 13:23:31 pm »
Hallo i will state you a situation and please try to help me understand what to do.

Situation: Finding Civilian Ordering Heroin . I su him . He /gu .He says i minute AFK or such silly things or dont complies and stay near the heroin spot . He takes the Heroin . [What next?]

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal