| Date: 02-05-24  Time: 23:36 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 139
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: San Andreas Police Department | Q&A  (Read 255019 times)

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
Re: SA:MP | State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #620 on: July 04, 2012, 01:25:29 am »
Idea: SAPD should give "investigation" or processing to determine the motive of the crime regardless of the crime, unless player asks for quick jail or insufficient time is available.
Rather than "I saw you murder a guy, I wont investigate" it should be "why would this person murder someone" "why would he evade cops?" etc.

Exactly what we teach in the new Academy :)

Howdy,

I was curious if "Speed Trapping" is allowed. From what I read, SAPD Protocol states that Officers can not suspect if the intent is to give a fine. In real life, if you were caught by a speed trap, you would just be ticked. Quoting the procedures "SAPD officers should never use the suspect command if their intention is to fine the citizen. SAPD command will not unsuspect for having paid a fine if the citizen is suspected by an SAPD officer." In Argonath, really the only option is to go to jail. While Section 6 only is referred to when pulling over someone, doesn't this apply to? Keep in mind, people are being thrown in jail for crazy times just for a traffic violation. Can I get some clarification on this?

Sincerely,
Mike Sangelo
This is still not answered by a captain +, anyone?

Speed trapping is allowed but however, you must always give warnings before suspecting.
Yes, we do not unsuspect anyone if you are intending to issue a fine. Think before you suspect clearly.. If they fail to pull over and suspect them for "evading" - then you may request a unsuspection for "complied". Other than that, no can do.

Offline tom-de-boer

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Tom_Jones
« Reply #621 on: July 16, 2012, 21:33:40 pm »
Het I got an odea for a code if a officer is drawning (in the water)

To serve and protect

Offline Francisco Martinez

• Citizen
    • Skype - cozinheirosueco
  • Badge-ID: #139
  • SA-MP: Morais
« Reply #622 on: July 16, 2012, 21:41:07 pm »
I don't think we need anymore codes to confuse new players. Just request a player cause you fell on the water. Don't complicate it.
SAPD members should priorize roleplay and attempt to discuss when a situation happen. Coming with weapon drawn and aiming at everyone won't be tolerated.
Knowing is not enough; We must apply
Willing is not enough; We must do..

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #623 on: July 17, 2012, 01:29:45 am »
10-blblblblblbbbblbbbl
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Jack Baker

• Citizen
« Reply #624 on: July 17, 2012, 01:30:44 am »
10-blblblblblbbbblbbbl

:lol:

Offline SafetyMoose

• [SA:MP]Angel Pine SD
  • Citizen
  • Angel Pine PD
  • Badge-ID: 5043
« Reply #625 on: July 17, 2012, 10:30:20 am »
What is the difference between shitting and having a different and/or negative opinion. Want to know because I see the term shitting being thrown around a lot in demotions yet don't understand where the line is drawn on the issue. Cheers

| SAPD Officer | Serving Since 2009 | Angel Pine Sheriff's Office |

Offline Cyril

• SA:MP Division Leader
  • Citizen
« Reply #626 on: July 17, 2012, 10:37:20 am »
Different opinion :
- I don't agree with SAPD / The CMD Staff because... I think we should...

Shitting :
- Omg cmd staff corrupted, ain't doing shit, only promoting asslickers

It's just an example but it gives you the global idea.

Offline Jack White

• Citizen
« Reply #627 on: July 17, 2012, 11:24:25 am »
Different opinions:

Seems like a good idea [name], but what if we change lalalala to blalablabala, so it would be easier to blablablalaal?

Shitting?

Wow, motherf**ker [name] that is a motherf**king stupid motherf**king idea, go do some motherf**king shit that motherf**king helps SAPD instead of just f**king the motherf**king shit up more than it already is.

See my point? Shitting means you go against the leaders in a BAD way, instead of asking calmy what would be better.
Moderator notice: please return to shitting on Jaaskaa. Do not switch to easy targets.

Offline Roske

• Citizen
« Reply #628 on: July 17, 2012, 13:33:30 pm »

Offline SafetyMoose

• Citizen
  • Angel Pine PD
« Reply #629 on: July 17, 2012, 20:40:37 pm »
Different opinions:

Seems like a good idea [name], but what if we change lalalala to blalablabala, so it would be easier to blablablalaal?

Shitting?

Wow, motherf**ker [name] that is a motherf**king stupid motherf**king idea, go do some motherf**king shit that motherf**king helps SAPD instead of just f**king the motherf**king shit up more than it already is.

See my point? Shitting means you go against the leaders in a BAD way, instead of asking calmy what would be better.

Thats what I thought but im seeing different so i got confused. thanks.

Offline Grant Jones

• [SA:MP] Ex-Field Training Officer
  • Citizen
  • I ask, I tell, I make.
  • Badge-ID: #F11
« Reply #630 on: July 19, 2012, 07:26:10 am »
I agree that in most cop chases when the suspect stops his/her car and is idle inside or out of the car the officers behind him would get out and shoot his/her car or himself to living hell.

Thats why we call this a "Felony Stop." Felony Stop doesn't mean stop your car once the suspect stops his get out of the car before the suspect can and shoot the living hell out of his car so he dies, NO!! It means set a rear perimeter behind the suspects car and instruct him to get out and give up. There is a series of steps though to do this the right way.

Im sure if ARPD officers became more familer with this normal officers operation there will be less killing on idle suspects  :cop:.

Or........ even adding a NEW command to ether both SAPD and ARPD officers or just SAPD officers. A /ta command or something like that where the officer can be armed with a RP Tazzer and when he/she types /ta or selects the weapon and shoots it at a suspect the suspect will automatically get tazzed, and will automatically switch to the /ill command for a brief moment.

I'm up to heir peoples opinions on this especially SAPD command and or SA:MP scripters  :?:

I'm wondering if the SAPD or anyone would be up to doing this or at least looking into it? State your opinions!!   :cop:

Sign,
Grant Jones
Ex-SAPD Senior Officer

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
« Reply #631 on: July 19, 2012, 08:14:36 am »
I agree that in most cop chases when the suspect stops his/her car and is idle inside or out of the car the officers behind him would get out and shoot his/her car or himself to living hell.

Thats why we call this a "Felony Stop." Felony Stop doesn't mean stop your car once the suspect stops his get out of the car before the suspect can and shoot the living hell out of his car so he dies, NO!! It means set a rear perimeter behind the suspects car and instruct him to get out and give up. There is a series of steps though to do this the right way.

Im sure if ARPD officers became more familer with this normal officers operation there will be less killing on idle suspects  :cop:.

Or........ even adding a NEW command to ether both SAPD and ARPD officers or just SAPD officers. A /ta command or something like that where the officer can be armed with a RP Tazzer and when he/she types /ta or selects the weapon and shoots it at a suspect the suspect will automatically get tazzed, and will automatically switch to the /ill command for a brief moment.

I'm up to heir peoples opinions on this especially SAPD command and or SA:MP scripters  :?:

I'm wondering if the SAPD or anyone would be up to doing this or at least looking into it? State your opinions!!   :cop:

or at least looking into it?

Believe it or not, we've looked at it a thousand of times and said it's denied.. yet people still wish to support the idea.
I'll say it yet again.. denied.

Offline Grant Jones

• [SA:MP] Ex-Field Training Officer
  • Citizen
  • I ask, I tell, I make.
  • Badge-ID: #F11
« Reply #632 on: July 19, 2012, 09:32:54 am »

Believe it or not, we've looked at it a thousand of times and said it's denied.. yet people still wish to support the idea.

:conf:

Sign,
Grant Jones
Ex-SAPD Senior Officer

Offline Roske

• Citizen
« Reply #633 on: July 19, 2012, 17:16:20 pm »

:conf:
No really, People would "yap" even more if they implement Tazers
"WHY DO COPS HAVE TAZERS??"
People would just start Tazin' and forgeting to RP.
We should work as a team, not as a bunch of /ta's

Offline Ben

• Argonath Sheriff
  • Citizen
  • Credit goes to Sushi for the avatar.
  • Badge-ID: #CS2067
« Reply #634 on: July 19, 2012, 20:09:20 pm »
Umm, the idea of a tazer just seems the same as what pepper spray currently does at the moment, right?  :lol:
Serving DPD since 2010
Serving the ARPD since 2009

Retired Sheriff

Medal of:
Honour
x1
Whiskey x2
Loyalty x3
Respect x1
Leadership x1
Meritorious Service x2
Community Policing x2
Police Life-Saving x2

“Everything is possible for him who believes.” - Mark 9:23
You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

Offline Roske

• Citizen
« Reply #635 on: July 19, 2012, 21:31:54 pm »
Umm, the idea of a tazer just seems the same as what pepper spray currently does at the moment, right?  :lol:
Yeah  :lol:

Offline James Moretti

• [SA:MP] Retired Lieutenant
  • Citizen
  • Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.
  • SA-MP: James_Moretti
  • IV:MP: Dean_Callaghan
« Reply #636 on: July 19, 2012, 21:36:26 pm »

Its a long range pepperspray I gues.

So  ... Don't be lazy and run to the suspect, and spray :D
Former
SAPD Lieutenant | FBI Director

LIEUTENANT  JAMES MORETTI
Counter Terrorism & Special Operations Bureau
S.W.A.T.
K9 Handler

Offline SafetyMoose

• Citizen
  • Angel Pine PD
« Reply #637 on: July 20, 2012, 03:28:30 am »
Tazers are not even that long of a range any ways IRL. They have a good distance but the fartehr away you are the less likely to get the probes to both make contact properly. its only a few feet farther then pepper sprey, and pepper sprey has decent range.

Offline Darxez

• [STAR] Deputy Commander
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #102
  • SA-MP: [WS]Darxez
« Reply #638 on: July 22, 2012, 10:30:03 am »
I'm a applicant for the SAPD since the lockdown, so, a long time. I'm going from the 27th on holiday, and will be away for 2 and a HALF week, 3-2 days longer then allowed by the [AWAY] system.. I'll be able to login into the forums to read everything, but I simply can't come IG. I'll give a try to put SA on aUSB stick, but last time it wouldn't open on the Mac (I've only got a Mac in Holland due the fact my sister needs it for her work (my laptop isn't working somehow over there, Wi Fi won't connect) and in Australia I only will have my other phone,). Does this mean I'll have to withdraw or that my application will be denied ?

Probably found a solution, Netbook :). If it will work, I'll come online a time, if not, I'll get to a friend and steal his :).

Offline KhornateMonkey

• [SA:MP] Ex-DPD Sheriff
  • Citizen
« Reply #639 on: July 22, 2012, 11:27:05 am »
Post on your application that you're going away for a while, and place a [AWAY] tag on the application title.

Meritorious Service Medal x5 | Community Policing Medal x3 | Police Life Saving Medal x2

You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal