| Date: 02-05-24  Time: 17:30 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Real Women by NemoBarakat
[April 28, 2024, 18:14:36 pm]

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Ladies by Nikola_Nidza
[April 26, 2024, 03:13:30 am]

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels by Seth
[April 20, 2024, 11:00:22 am]

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Authentic Damsels by PatarHD
[April 19, 2024, 23:24:35 pm]

Superlative Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels by saqibkhan
[April 19, 2024, 22:30:34 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 109
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: San Andreas Police Department | Q&A  (Read 255002 times)

Offline Jason Bridges

• Citizen
  • Man with the plan
Re: SA:MP | State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #700 on: October 15, 2012, 09:03:42 am »
Is suspecting someone who is already a suspect allowed if they do another crime?

No re-suspecting is not allowed at any point, but of course you should consider all his crimes in his jail sentence.

Argonath Constitution Section III Criminal Law:

Act X: Parties to offence:
Act X.: Anyone taking part in an offence is guilty of that offence.
Act X.I: Anyone encouraging, helping to prepare or to commit an offence is guilty of that offence

This basically means that anyone aiding a murderer is then guilty of murder. If this is the case, why do they only get 1 star? Surely we should be allowed to add more stars?

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #701 on: October 15, 2012, 14:48:42 pm »
The contemptuous and ironic part of SAPD joining any un-official group is that SAPD / FBI fill up the obligations and objectives the group is there for most of the time.
ARTP for example has a main objective for traffic, that is one main duty for SAPD Officers, to perform and initiate traffic operations.

Frankly, It's quite impractical for SAPD / FBI to join such groups when they already have to fill that task themselves, not to mention we have strict policies in joining or creating un-official policing groups.
Remember that SAPD is inclusive and not exclusive. The combination may conflict.

Your description of ARTP Duties isn't really accurate. ARTP's focus is only on the traffic, we dont chase random suspects, we respond to a C30 only if there's no other units available, or if we're near-by the called area, we engage only on the suspects that are related to a traffic offense, that is evading from our pull over or suspects with a crime that is related to a traffic offense. WE also do operations, such as Mullholand intersection monitoring, speed traps, etc.

On the meanwhile, SAPD is the basic law enforcement organisation , it covers EVERYTHING , every area of the law, but honestly, it's becoming more rare and rare to see SAPD officers looking after traffic.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
« Reply #702 on: October 15, 2012, 22:47:37 pm »
The contemptuous and ironic part of SAPD joining any un-official group is that SAPD / FBI fill up the obligations and objectives the group is there for most of the time.
ARTP for example has a main objective for traffic, that is one main duty for SAPD Officers, to perform and initiate traffic operations.

Frankly, It's quite impractical for SAPD / FBI to join such groups when they already have to fill that task themselves, not to mention we have strict policies in joining or creating un-official policing groups.
Remember that SAPD is inclusive and not exclusive. The combination may conflict.

Your description of ARTP Duties isn't really accurate. ARTP's focus is only on the traffic, we dont chase random suspects, we respond to a C30 only if there's no other units available, or if we're near-by the called area, we engage only on the suspects that are related to a traffic offense, that is evading from our pull over or suspects with a crime that is related to a traffic offense. WE also do operations, such as Mullholand intersection monitoring, speed traps, etc.

On the meanwhile, SAPD is the basic law enforcement organisation , it covers EVERYTHING , every area of the law, but honestly, it's becoming more rare and rare to see SAPD officers looking after traffic.

Your description of ARTP Duties isn't really accurate. ARTP's focus is only on the traffic

ARTP for example has a main objective for traffic.

And i said, SAPD perform the same operations, duties and more on traffic.
The only reason I've let ARTP run this time is to train the ARPD Officers if they are interested in the ARTP to experience new things partially.

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #703 on: October 16, 2012, 15:44:36 pm »
Well, that's what we're doing, but it's a little dissapointment that SAPD cannot join.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline Jason Bridges

• Citizen
  • Man with the plan
« Reply #704 on: October 16, 2012, 17:11:43 pm »
Is suspecting someone who is already a suspect allowed if they do another crime?

No re-suspecting is not allowed at any point, but of course you should consider all his crimes in his jail sentence.

Act X.I: Anyone encouraging, helping to prepare or to commit an offence is guilty of that offence

This basically means that anyone aiding a murderer is then guilty of murder. If this is the case, why do they only get 1 star? Surely we should be allowed to add more stars?

Any answer to this?

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #705 on: October 17, 2012, 01:38:04 am »

Any answer to this?

As far as I know, the main issue is that resuspecting is considered a server rule and not simply an SAPD Protocol. The fact that it can be abused under the guise of 'committed another crime' just to add time. Perhaps RS5 can fix this by using keywords in the suspecting reason to set the number of stars, who knows.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline Jason Bridges

• Citizen
  • Man with the plan
« Reply #706 on: October 17, 2012, 18:05:18 pm »
Ok, thanks for clearing that up.

Offline James Moretti

• [SA:MP] Retired Lieutenant
  • Citizen
  • Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.
  • SA-MP: James_Moretti
  • IV:MP: Dean_Callaghan
« Reply #707 on: October 18, 2012, 14:11:55 pm »
If the SAPD and FBI are not available during a 207, who will take charge? I've done it several times, with succes, but in the end people start to complaint, and they don't take orders because I have a lightblue name. This might cause lack of teamwork within the ARPD on SA:MP, and failure of the operation.

Who should take charge?
Former
SAPD Lieutenant | FBI Director

LIEUTENANT  JAMES MORETTI
Counter Terrorism & Special Operations Bureau
S.W.A.T.
K9 Handler

Offline Sushi

• Citizen
« Reply #708 on: October 18, 2012, 15:25:12 pm »
If the SAPD and FBI are not available during a 207, who will take charge? I've done it several times, with succes, but in the end people start to complaint, and they don't take orders because I have a lightblue name. This might cause lack of teamwork within the ARPD on SA:MP, and failure of the operation.

Who should take charge?

If neither SAPD nor FBI are available it is honestly up to who is capable of taking lead. If people decide to misbehave and disobey orders because they think an ARPD Officer is incapable of leading the situation and complain, they are free to leave. It is the same as usual, if anyone purposely sets out to cause the failure of an operation, then they will be punished.

The leader of the operation should take into account the officers involved, they should assign team leaders for tasks such as negotiations, assault, perimeter, etc, just as any SAPD or FBI should be doing in the field. Leading does not mean a dictatorship rule, it means leading others the best way possible to success, take into account others opinions and so on.

So to surmise, ARPD Officers should try and organise themselves around a leader for operations and if they complain and misbehave because of the leaders rank, they should have a look at themselves and wonder why they are messing around when a life is at risk.

Offline Jason Bridges

• Citizen
  • Man with the plan
« Reply #709 on: October 18, 2012, 16:33:11 pm »

Who should take charge?

If neither SAPD nor FBI are available it is honestly up to who is capable of taking lead. If people decide to misbehave and disobey orders because they think an ARPD Officer is incapable of leading the situation and complain, they are free to leave. It is the same as usual, if anyone purposely sets out to cause the failure of an operation, then they will be punished.

The leader of the operation should take into account the officers involved, they should assign team leaders for tasks such as negotiations, assault, perimeter, etc, just as any SAPD or FBI should be doing in the field. Leading does not mean a dictatorship rule, it means leading others the best way possible to success, take into account others opinions and so on.

So to surmise, ARPD Officers should try and organise themselves around a leader for operations and if they complain and misbehave because of the leaders rank, they should have a look at themselves and wonder why they are messing around when a life is at risk.

Does this mean ARPD are allowed to lead 207 operations in the presence of SAPD? (Officers and Senior Officers)

Offline James Moretti

• [SA:MP] Retired Lieutenant
  • Citizen
  • Don't raise your voice, improve your argument.
  • SA-MP: James_Moretti
  • IV:MP: Dean_Callaghan
« Reply #710 on: October 18, 2012, 16:42:04 pm »

Who should take charge?

Does this mean ARPD are allowed to lead 207 operations in the presence of SAPD? (Officers and Senior Officers)

Highest rank always takes charge ;)
But ofcourse, unless the SAPD officer/Senior Officer is okay with it that an ARPD officer leads the operation, but I have never seen this before.
Former
SAPD Lieutenant | FBI Director

LIEUTENANT  JAMES MORETTI
Counter Terrorism & Special Operations Bureau
S.W.A.T.
K9 Handler

Offline Leroy Kolta

• [LU] Former Deputy Chief [SA:MP] FBI Human Resources Manager
  • Citizen
« Reply #711 on: October 18, 2012, 18:38:28 pm »
I should do this more often... Have a ARPD Officer lead something. This way, He gets leadership skills. And when no SAPD/FBI is on, he/she would be able to lead a team properly.

Leroy Kolta
FBI Special Agent in Charge

Offline Sushi

• Citizen
« Reply #712 on: October 19, 2012, 01:12:11 am »

Who should take charge?

Highest rank always takes charge ;)
But ofcourse, unless the SAPD officer/Senior Officer is okay with it that an ARPD officer leads the operation, but I have never seen this before.

It is preferred that a ranking officer/agent would take charge as they are usually those with the most experience. Of course this isn't always the case and generally, if the ranking official on scene is okay with it, an ARPD Officer can definitely lead a situation. Again though, if the situation is a failure and it was primarily the leaders fault, the official could be questioned as to why they did not lead it in place of the ARPD Officer.

Offline Officer Kendall

• Citizen
  • To serve and protect
  • Badge-ID: #LS4852
« Reply #713 on: October 20, 2012, 06:12:30 am »
I just wonders when sapd divisions going to be open to sapd members ? Just a bit of curious

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
« Reply #714 on: October 20, 2012, 09:14:53 am »
I just wonders when sapd divisions going to be open to sapd members ? Just a bit of curious

In the up coming meeting. Currently we are taking notes from members which is slowing down the process, but that also a positive as it pushes the Cadets in the SAPD as full members.
Not too long to go, everything is planned and ready to go. Check the SAPD Personnel board soon.

Offline Darxez

• [STAR] Deputy Commander
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #102
  • SA-MP: [WS]Darxez
« Reply #715 on: October 22, 2012, 22:56:58 pm »
I understood that as soon as a SAPD Officer goes on duty, he has some SMG to (might be fake info, if yes, notice me about it).

Why does a Cadet not posses this right ? Or why isn't this the case, because buying everytime SMG to actually be able to DB a vehicle that's quicker or either shooting at us... We'll be out off cash soon for some players. It is indeed a special weapon that can't be abused, but, we actually need it in our standard gear to perform our duty 100%.

Offline Marcus Ferreira

• Citizen
  • To Protect & Serve
    • Skype - marco_9429
« Reply #716 on: October 24, 2012, 08:10:21 am »
That is cause Cadet process should teach you when  to use duty weapons and in which cases you can use SMG. Giving you smg right away wouldn't be the best idea as SAPD command has no reason to expect you to use it properly as you haven't passed any exam yet.
If bad guy throws a rock on you, don't throw it back- it will change you into criminal as well.

Offline Darxez

• Citizen
« Reply #717 on: October 24, 2012, 14:36:35 pm »
That is cause Cadet process should teach you when  to use duty weapons and in which cases you can use SMG. Giving you smg right away wouldn't be the best idea as SAPD command has no reason to expect you to use it properly as you haven't passed any exam yet.

This is called ''trust''...

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
  • Badge-ID: #P60
« Reply #718 on: October 24, 2012, 16:34:03 pm »

This is called ''trust''...
The SAPD Command cant just trust any Officer Mark.
Just keep doing your Job, I also cant always do my Job 100% because i am ARPD and i am not willing to buy SMG always(even when i have enough money)
Nobody will be mad at you and you won't disappoint someone when you haven't got a SMG at the wrong time.

Offline Darxez

• Citizen
« Reply #719 on: October 24, 2012, 16:45:29 pm »
Agreed, and they will :P. Just need to be carefull with my money at the moment, will do fine :P.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal