| Date: 02-05-24  Time: 17:04 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Real Women by NemoBarakat
[April 28, 2024, 18:14:36 pm]

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Ladies by Nikola_Nidza
[April 26, 2024, 03:13:30 am]

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels by Seth
[April 20, 2024, 11:00:22 am]

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Authentic Damsels by PatarHD
[April 19, 2024, 23:24:35 pm]

Superlative Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels by saqibkhan
[April 19, 2024, 22:30:34 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 108
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: San Andreas Police Department | Q&A  (Read 255002 times)

Offline Mash

• Citizen
Re: SA:MP | State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #820 on: February 23, 2013, 01:00:37 am »
Due to the current situations in Argonath that require cooperation between all law enforcement agencies I find a cooperation board necessary for easier communication and preperation. A board that is visual by all members in all offical agencies.
What do SAPD leaders think about that?
It's already there in the Division forum.
Nothing I can see! :neutral:
But great that we have it, thanks for reply
"For a combat soldier, the difference between success and failure is your ability to adapt to your enemy. The people that I deal with, they don’t care about your rules. All they care about is results. My job is to stop them from accomplishing their objectives. I simply adapted. In answer to your question, am I above the law? No, sir."

Offline Anthrax

• Retired
  • Citizen
    • Skype - anthrax.argonath
  • Badge-ID: #14
« Reply #821 on: February 23, 2013, 01:18:20 am »
This is an idea I posted a couple of weeks after I joined Argonath, and I still think its a neccesary and good idea.
I would like to see what the SAPD command staff thinks about this.

Boat Recourses for Angel Pine PD

As you all may know, the closest boat resource for Angel Pine PD is SFPD's navy ship/docks.
Therefor I am suggesting a Police Boat to be setup at this location, reasons for this location is:

- Twenty second drive from APPD.
- Most realistic place and that area.
- Within APPD district

I know most of you will say "WHY not just take that two minute ride to SFPD for a boat?" or "Buy a boat yourself"
In most situations where boat is needed, there is often a C30 situation with highly dangerous fleeing suspects.
For the most effective take down, time is critical therefor it will be more effective to have a police boat there too.
ARPD/SAPD officers arent required to buy vehicles for their work, also by adding this everyone can use it.
I also belive in likewise treathment for all the departments so I belive this is fair and a decent suggestion.

Signed
Anth "Anthrax" Sinatrax

"The choices we make reveal the true nature of our character"
ex. SFPD Sr Officer | HSP Supervisor | SAUD Detective | FBI Field Cadet | ARISE Volunteer

Offline [Rstar]Paul

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
« Reply #822 on: February 23, 2013, 10:12:46 am »
Nothing I can see! :neutral:
But great that we have it, thanks for reply

It's only for commanding members of all servers.

I can make a cross division cooperation centre for SA:MP to be visible for everyone in a division (cadets not included).

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #823 on: March 14, 2013, 12:18:26 pm »
Suggestion:

Elect two-three county inspectors from each departament. Instead of having departaments like DPD, FCPD, EQPD, APPD open, how about electing two-three county inspectors who would be responsible for the county supervision?
For example LSPD elects two county inspectors who supervise the county. Those people would be responsible for law enforcement in Red County area.
LVPD elects two county inspectors who supervise Bone County and Tierra Robada
SFPD elects two county inspectors who supervise FLint County and Tierra Robada
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #824 on: March 16, 2013, 04:14:02 am »
Suggestion:

Elect two-three county inspectors from each departament. Instead of having departaments like DPD, FCPD, EQPD, APPD open, how about electing two-three county inspectors who would be responsible for the county supervision?
For example LSPD elects two county inspectors who supervise the county. Those people would be responsible for law enforcement in Red County area.
LVPD elects two county inspectors who supervise Bone County and Tierra Robada
SFPD elects two county inspectors who supervise FLint County and Tierra Robada

LVPD, SFPD and LSPD are the 3 jurisdictions of the SAPD. North, west and south respectively. Each department is tasked with patrolling these areas during their patrols as well as the main cities already. It depends on the amount of manpower available during the particular patrol and the commanding officer.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
  • Badge-ID: #P60
« Reply #825 on: March 16, 2013, 12:37:28 pm »
Hey everyone. I just read through the RPP and the Regular Regulations and noticed something weird..
In the Regular Regulations i found this:

[1.1].  Procedures of Engagement with Force:
[...]
-Suspect is unarmed and assaulting -- You must use ONLY pepper spray or baton to defend yourself against the assault, if he continues, you may neutralize but with pepper or baton only.

[...]
* - The moment anyone's life becomes in danger by the suspect any weapon can be used to neutralize him or neutralize his vehicle(On foot/DBing).

Due to my Experience on the Field, i often saw Officers dieing because of the difference between the Suspect's HP (E.g. 100 - assaulting with knife) and the Officer's one (E.g. 10 - Baton).
In such cases, officers can not defend themselves correctly without risking their life regarding the rule above.
BUT the rule below, stating that ANY Weapon can be used when lifes are in danger, allows any Officer to use the neccessary Force he thinks, is required, to take the Suspect down and to save his/her own Life.

Although, the Rules kinda cross together, as Suspects with a Deadly Weapon, such as a Knife or even a Bat are life-threatening when they hit you on the head for example. I am asking for a clarification that i know, what to do in my next days when encountering a assaulting Suspect on duty.

Offline Petar.

• Petar.
  • Citizen
« Reply #826 on: March 16, 2013, 12:48:23 pm »
Interesting question, but in my opinion if you see unarmed suspect, try to attack him with peper spray or nightstick, but if he continues attacking with e.g knife and makes you under half HP while he has more than you, warn bullet, if he continues use lethal force.

Maybe I'm wrong but let's wait for high ranked cop to handle this question

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
« Reply #827 on: March 16, 2013, 12:51:04 pm »
Interesting question, but in my opinion if you see unarmed suspect, try to attack him with peper spray or nightstick, but if he continues attacking with e.g knife and makes you under half HP while he has more than you, warn bullet, if he continues use lethal force.

Maybe I'm wrong but let's wait for high ranked cop to handle this question
I already thought so far like you, hehe, that's why i stated my Question here to find a Solution.

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
« Reply #828 on: March 16, 2013, 13:05:10 pm »
Another Question..I hope, that does not count as doubleposting...

Regarding the Regular Regulations

[1.2].  Drive-by rules:
[...]
The use of drive by can be tolerated to pop the tires of a motorcycle if the suspect goes off-roading.
[...]

and RPP

[1.2] Vehicle drive-bying:
[..]
Suspect attempting off-road transit - If possible, an attempt must be made to warn the driver to stop. If they fail to comply, the use of lethal force (any weapon) to disable the vehicle is granted.
[...]

I am allowed according the Regular Regulations to driveby offroading MOTORCYCLES only, while according the RPP i am allowed to driveby any offroading Suspect, as in the Rule nothing is limited to any Motorvehicle. Another clarification please.

Offline Sushi

• Citizen
« Reply #829 on: March 17, 2013, 04:50:56 am »
The old regulations are technically outdated but had not been moved as they had to be looked over by Gandalf and Jaaskaa at the time. RPP are the ones you should be using as your guide.

I have been asked about the knife. It is considered a lethal weapon, so act at your own discretion when dealing with a person with a knife.

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
« Reply #830 on: March 17, 2013, 16:33:55 pm »
I have a Idea for a new Code.

Code 6 = Performing Field Investigation(E.g. Checking the Situation of a possible Riot, Questioning a Person about a propable Prank Call, etc.)
This Code is only to be used, when the Unit arrived on the Scene and perfoms a Field Investigation afterwards. A Field Investigation is for example checking a Suspicious Activity, such as a Possible Heroin Orderer. Although, it is not a Field Investigation when you are in the middle of a Code 30.
I hope, i explained it well enough.

This Code can be quite useful to shorten Radio Messages, E.g.:

"Adam-15, Possible Heroin Orderer at East LS Heroin Spot, will check that out, over"

with Code 6 > "Adam-15, Code 6 on a 10-66, East LS Heroin Spot, over"

In addition, a Letter like "Code 6A" can be used when Additional Units in the near vicinity are required on Code 2.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #831 on: March 17, 2013, 17:53:28 pm »

Code 6 = Performing Field Investigation(E.g. Checking the Situation of a possible Riot, Questioning a Person about a propable Prank Call, etc.)
This Code is only to be used, when the Unit arrived on the Scene and perfoms a Field Investigation afterwards. A Field Investigation is for example checking a Suspicious Activity, such as a Possible Heroin Orderer. Although, it is not a Field Investigation when you are in the middle of a Code 30.

"Adam-15, Possible Heroin Orderer at East LS Heroin Spot, will check that out, over"

In addition, a Letter like "Code 6A" can be used when Additional Units in the near vicinity are required on Code 2.
I highly recommend adding this. I've also suggested it to Sushi(?) in-game but he said just to use 10-6. But, in my opinion, code 6 is a bit more specific allowing for better response.
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #832 on: March 18, 2013, 15:44:28 pm »
Suggestion regarding paperwork:

What would you say, if SAPD Cadets/Officers would not be required to post their patrol reports each week, only once a month if their departament commanders are in the same time zone as the officers and they're able to note and actually do note their activity?
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline Sushi

• Citizen
« Reply #833 on: March 19, 2013, 06:35:38 am »

I highly recommend adding this. I've also suggested it to Sushi(?) in-game but he said just to use 10-6. But, in my opinion, code 6 is a bit more specific allowing for better response.

Code 6 will be considered, but it's also our aim to try and use as little exclusive terminology as possible.

Suggestion regarding paperwork:

What would you say, if SAPD Cadets/Officers would not be required to post their patrol reports each week, only once a month if their departament commanders are in the same time zone as the officers and they're able to note and actually do note their activity?

You can post less patrol reports if you like, but they have become a requirement for advancement through to the next rank. Once week or month will get you exactly what you think it will get you, a nod from your department leader. Reports are more than just documentation, they also display the capabilities of an officer, as well as the degree that they can roleplay in an in depth manner.

Offline Rydell Dowson

• Citizen
« Reply #834 on: March 21, 2013, 04:53:47 am »
Idea:
Could we please have more radio codes?
Traffic stop - 10-**
Situation concluded - 10-**
Currently busy- 10-** (eg 10-** with a '15, heading to mordor)
Out of vehicle investigations - 10-** (eg 10-** at idlewood, multiple armed males, stand by)
Futher assistance required? - 10-** (eg. LSPD-1, 10-18 or can we pull out?)
Also perhaps Code 4 should be changed to a radio code and replaced with something like "Patrolling, available for calls" since it's-.. more like other codes. I mean rest of them mean action like chasing with sirens etc, (eg. SAPD-1, 10-**, we got it from here, 10-**(currently busy) with a '15, heading to Mordor.) (SAPD-2, Code 4[patrolling, available for calls] from DPD)

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
« Reply #835 on: March 21, 2013, 11:33:37 am »
Idea:
Traffic stop - 10-**
No, a traffic stop is easily typed out, not to mention that in almost any case, you have plenty of time to type it out. You don't want to be learning a 40-page book of rules when you apply. Therefore, only codes that really come in handy. And in my opinion (isn't always the right one!), this isn't one of those.

Again, could be typed out easily. Not to mention, when you say code 4, everyone considers the situation over. Although this is wrong, it's quite simple to make an exception in case the situation isn't over.
(e.g.: Suspect is in the water, situation is code 4; plenty of officers on the scene)

Padres suggested a code 6 just a few posts up. So did I ingame. It is being considered. Code 6 means that you are busy with a field investigation (aka busy with..).

Out of vehicle investigations - 10-** (eg 10-** at idlewood, multiple armed males, stand by)
Isn't any investigation done outside of the cruiser? You shouldn't be talking to people from your cruiser, unless it's a minor thing (such as "Please step on the sidewalk, you're blocking the public roads"). And as far as my personal way of saying things: observing is done from the car, investigating is done from the boots.

Could be possible, though I'd personally make the code "Further assistance required" without the questionary mark. It allows the code to be used in more ways then. This concludes my opinion on this code.

Also perhaps Code 4 should be changed to a radio code and replaced with something like "Patrolling, available for calls" since it's-.. more like other codes. I mean rest of them mean action like chasing with sirens etc, (eg. SAPD-1, 10-**, we got it from here, 10-**(currently busy) with a '15, heading to Mordor.) (SAPD-2, Code 4[patrolling, available for calls] from DPD)
Code 14 - Returning to regular duties (in most cases: patrolling). That's basically the same as saying you're available for calls.

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
« Reply #836 on: March 21, 2013, 11:58:42 am »
Idea:
Traffic stop - 10-**
Well, about the Assistance, we could make a special Code, for sure Code 30 will remain as it is.

11-90 - Regular Assistance required(C1/C2)
11-90 A(dam) - Regular Assistance required(C3)
11-90 X(-Ray) - Heavy Units required(C3)
(E.g.: Hotel-45, Requesting 11-90 to a Traffic Stop, low priority, at Idlewood, near the Pizzastack, over.
Adam-45, Requesting 11-90A for a 10-66 at Blueberry, Multiple wakefields might start a riot, over.
SFPD-1, We got multiple Civilians, armed with Heavy Firearms, at Garcia. 11-90X, over.)

It all depends on the Command, how they want their codes. I'd be fine when we have more codes, but on the other hand, i don't want to learn the whole day, heh.
I'd suggest a 11-90 or similar for normal backup request. The Letter signals what kind of backup is required.

Offline Rydell Dowson

• Citizen
« Reply #837 on: March 21, 2013, 12:31:36 pm »
Yeah but a code for traffic stop would be useful and does not require any time to be stamped into your head, I mean lets take 10-55 for a sec, since that is free.

LSPD-1 10-55 at Idlewood, 10-**(no futher assistance required)
Instead of LSPD-1 I got a traffic stop on idlewood, code 4

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #838 on: March 23, 2013, 01:03:36 am »

A suggestion instead of Code 6

"Adam-15, Code 2 on a 10-66, East LS Heroin Spot, over"

But just a simple field investigation an officer is performing, you can say

"Adam-15, Code 1 Temple LS, Checking Abandon Vehicle, over"

Better example maybe

"Adam-15, Code 1 LSPD, Investigation in Progress, over"

Code 1 means Acknowledgement, so additional backup may not be necessary. All Code 1 is just informing other units about your status whether you are 10-8 or 10-7.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
« Reply #839 on: March 23, 2013, 15:03:02 pm »
Code 1 means Acknowledgement, so additional backup may not be necessary. All Code 1 is just informing other units about your status whether you are 10-8 or 10-7.
As stated here: S.A.P.D. Codes

"Code 1: Proceeding without lights and sirens. (As an answer to the 911 or radio call)"

Therefore, I still recommend a code 6.

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal