| Date: 03-05-24  Time: 02:51 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 110
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: San Andreas Police Department | Q&A  (Read 255027 times)

Offline KhornateMonkey

• [SA:MP] Ex-DPD Sheriff
  • Citizen
Re: SA:MP | State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #840 on: March 23, 2013, 15:17:35 pm »
Why add more codes when it's already difficult for players to understand what they mean?

Meritorious Service Medal x5 | Community Policing Medal x3 | Police Life Saving Medal x2

You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
  • Badge-ID: #P60
« Reply #841 on: March 23, 2013, 16:49:21 pm »
Codes are made to shorten Radio Messages and to make Radio Transmittions more comfortable.
If a new Player does not understand a Code, then he/she can always ask.
People who play Cop for Money mostly don't even care about any Code and those who show interest are surely interested to learn them.

Offline KhornateMonkey

• Citizen
« Reply #842 on: March 23, 2013, 16:59:42 pm »
So you're saying that, you have to know all the codes to be a great cop. DPD only ever had one code, and we got on just fine. It would be much easier to specifically say what's happening then using codes all the time. It's silly to have a code just to say you're having an investigation when you could just say, "I'm doing an investigation".

Meritorious Service Medal x5 | Community Policing Medal x3 | Police Life Saving Medal x2

You can take the man out of DPD, but you can't take the DPD out of the man - =AV=Janek

Offline Rydell Dowson

• Citizen
« Reply #843 on: March 23, 2013, 17:22:55 pm »
Codes make communication quicker, that's it.

Offline KhornateMonkey

• Citizen
« Reply #844 on: March 23, 2013, 17:45:15 pm »
Codes make communication quicker, that's it.

If the people you're communicating with know what they mean.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #845 on: March 23, 2013, 18:25:54 pm »
If a man flags you down on the streets, it's best to spend as little time possible on the radio and then investigate. However, if you have to type it all out, which could lead to possible suspects evading beyond the point where they can be traced.
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
« Reply #846 on: March 24, 2013, 22:23:44 pm »
I have a new Idea for a new Rank, The Detective

To become a Detective, you need to be Snr. Officer or at least a month in the SAPD AS OFFICER.
Detectives are other than the Units of SAUD not made to perform Undercover Work. They can act well in Roleplays(Ex. Investigating Crimes. If you watch TV, then you know what i mean), Driving in Plainclothes and Civil Cars to detect Traffic Violators, standing by at Areas, where the Crime rate is quite high and the Detectives can call backup right in time.

I am not quite sure, if Detectives should join a specific Division for it, however, they are NOT having their rank for Undercover Work(Joining Crime Group[spy], performing Drug busts, etc.)

First of all i want your opinions to that before i just suggest it straight away.

Offline ramirogarza

• [SA:MP] HSP Member
  • Citizen
  • Ramiro_Rosso
  • Badge-ID: #P48
« Reply #847 on: March 24, 2013, 22:38:57 pm »
I like the idea...but it will be some kind of traffic detective? Also some kind of CSI investigator. He can perform the investigations and gather witness to get the suspect UNSUSPECTED..i like the idea

Offline Def Perry

• Citizen
  • LSPD RETIREMENT DIVISION
    • Skype - Def_Perry@hotmail.com
  • Badge-ID: #LS3297
« Reply #848 on: March 24, 2013, 23:14:11 pm »

To become a Detective, you need to be Snr. Officer or at least a month in the SAPD AS OFFICER.
Detectives are other than the Units of SAUD not made to perform Undercover Work. They can act well in Roleplays(Ex. Investigating Crimes. If you watch TV, then you know what i mean), Driving in Plainclothes and Civil Cars to detect Traffic Violators, standing by at Areas, where the Crime rate is quite high and the Detectives can call backup right in time.

I am not quite sure, if Detectives should join a specific Division for it, however, they are NOT having their rank for Undercover Work(Joining Crime Group[spy], performing Drug busts, etc.)

First of all i want your opinions to that before i just suggest it straight away.
Already there.
Don't talk the talk, if you can't walk the walk
Phony niggas are outlined in chalk

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
« Reply #849 on: March 25, 2013, 01:06:58 am »

Already there.
Yea, the type of detective you mean is part of SAUD, who mostly focuses on Undercover work. The other Type of Detective is Lt.+ then, who is permitted to wear Civil Clothes.

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #850 on: March 26, 2013, 18:25:17 pm »
Code 1 means Acknowledgement, so additional backup may not be necessary. All Code 1 is just informing other units about your status whether you are 10-8 or 10-7.
As stated here: S.A.P.D. Codes

"Code 1: Proceeding without lights and sirens. (As an answer to the 911 or radio call)"

Therefore, I still recommend a code 6.

Listen. Units will announce in on the radio what type of backup they want.
Code 1 means you don't really want backup because your just informing other units
Code 2 you would like another unit on scene but it is not an emergency or backup is NOT needed immediately
Code 3 means that you want backup immediately

We don't need a Code 6 because we already have those 3 Codes to tell officers what to respond with. Those 3 codes are simple. Code 6 would just be pointless.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
« Reply #851 on: March 26, 2013, 18:35:59 pm »
Well, code 6 is when you're investigating. Often you don't know if you're going to need backup, in which case, you report code 6 and investigate it.

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
« Reply #852 on: March 26, 2013, 20:36:56 pm »
Code 1 means Acknowledgement, so additional backup may not be necessary. All Code 1 is just informing other units about your status whether you are 10-8 or 10-7.
As stated here: S.A.P.D. Codes

"Code 1: Proceeding without lights and sirens. (As an answer to the 911 or radio call)"

Therefore, I still recommend a code 6.

Listen. Units will announce in on the radio what type of backup they want.
Code 1 means you don't really want backup because your just informing other units
Code 2 you would like another unit on scene but it is not an emergency or backup is NOT needed immediately
Code 3 means that you want backup immediately

We don't need a Code 6 because we already have those 3 Codes to tell officers what to respond with. Those 3 codes are simple. Code 6 would just be pointless.
Code 1 is also a type of Backup call. If you need Assistance just regulary, then you dispatch code 1, not Code 2. Code 2 is a lower Type of Emergency because you use your Lights to cross a Intersection fastly.

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
« Reply #853 on: March 28, 2013, 00:32:33 am »
It happened more than 2 Times this Week that i was almost about to shoot Officers because they abuse.
Today i had a Officer, who constantly sprayed a Idle and non-dangerous Suspect. Without calling Names, i must admit, that the Suspect after the Spray attack immediatelly used his Gun, which caused his Death. The Fact, that a Officer hurt a Innocent Person made me think about shooting called Officer because words and LTL Force was not sucessful.
My Question now: Am i even legally allowed to kill a Officer to save a Life? Law is crossing in this Case, so i ask here.

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #854 on: March 28, 2013, 09:35:59 am »
It happened more than 2 Times this Week that i was almost about to shoot Officers because they abuse.
Today i had a Officer, who constantly sprayed a Idle and non-dangerous Suspect. Without calling Names, i must admit, that the Suspect after the Spray attack immediatelly used his Gun, which caused his Death. The Fact, that a Officer hurt a Innocent Person made me think about shooting called Officer because words and LTL Force was not sucessful.
My Question now: Am i even legally allowed to kill a Officer to save a Life? Law is crossing in this Case, so i ask here.

The several discussions about codes will be taken into account by the SAPD Command team, but we are reluctant to add codes as a lot of the time unfamiliar ones outside the usual ones are not known by many officers

As for that, if you believe the officer was abusing the civilian:
a.) Evidence, to ensure that you are covered if questioned later
b.) Defend life in danger

Remember though, the officer was fully permitted to use LTL force in an attempt to get the suspect to surrender. Suspects know this (as well as being unable to shoot still standing suspects) and have used the standing trick several times in the past to deceive officers. If he had a gun already, and was prepared to use it on the officer I have a hard time believing the suspect was not dangerous. We have LTL for a reason, to prevent death but to secure the suspect as safely as possible, from the situation you described, perhaps the officer was insecure with the suspect in question and attempted to secure them as safely as possible.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
« Reply #855 on: April 03, 2013, 11:40:38 am »
I have a question about using the wrong ramp at any junction, but mostly Mulholland Intersection since it is the most used one.

Are you allowed to use the wrong ramp if you are in direct pursuit (meaning, you have visual on the suspect)? The reason I'm asking is because if you take the correct ramp, you're often much slower which means you could lose visual and as a result of that, the suspect could escape.

Offline Janar

• Citizen
    • Skype - janar.argonath
« Reply #856 on: April 04, 2013, 18:30:46 pm »
I have a question about using the wrong ramp at any junction, but mostly Mulholland Intersection since it is the most used one.

Are you allowed to use the wrong ramp if you are in direct pursuit (meaning, you have visual on the suspect)? The reason I'm asking is because if you take the correct ramp, you're often much slower which means you could lose visual and as a result of that, the suspect could escape.

Exactly. Suspect takes the shortcut while we chasing him. If we use the shortcut, we get loads of trouble on our back. If we take the correct way, suspect will eventually escape.

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #857 on: April 05, 2013, 10:35:13 am »
Question regarding ACSD

I have read that there are two ways to join ACSD - one is via application procedures, and another one is an invitation, and that an invitation can be handed out to old deputies returning to the force.
I would like to ask, am i eligible for invitation if i was a Bone County Police Departament Trooper Cadet and Bone County Sheriffs Departaments' (BCSD's) Sheriff before?

Thank you!
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline Plam Knight

• SAMP Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: *LV1609
« Reply #858 on: April 05, 2013, 10:42:51 am »
I was just making questions and answers topic, when you wrote this question here, but anyways here is my answer.

SAPD personal will be capable to request transfer to ACSD at its opening, if both sides agree of the transfer, the officer will be moved. After the SAPD personal transfer is over, the only way to enter would be trough an application or invitation.

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #859 on: April 05, 2013, 10:48:17 am »
I was just making questions and answers topic, when you wrote this question here, but anyways here is my answer.

SAPD personal will be capable to request transfer to ACSD at its opening, if both sides agree of the transfer, the officer will be moved. After the SAPD personal transfer is over, the only way to enter would be trough an application or invitation.

Thank you for your answer.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal