| Date: 03-05-24  Time: 00:37 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 114
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: San Andreas Police Department | Q&A  (Read 255021 times)

Offline Rusty.

• Citizen
  • Deuces.
    • Skype - crackafewoff
  • Badge-ID: #A28
Re: SA:MP | State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #960 on: April 13, 2014, 17:07:42 pm »
Is there a reason why we don't have scripted tazers or it's just because scripter's don't want to make it?

Cause they don't want it.

Offline Pedro

• [SA:MP] Academy Manager [SA:MP] T.R.U Officer II [SA:MP] C.S.U Officer
  • Citizen
  • ''To Serve and Protect'' - Since 2011
  • Badge-ID: #A122
« Reply #961 on: April 13, 2014, 17:25:53 pm »
Is there a reason why we don't have scripted tazers or it's just because scripter's don't want to make it?

They will never do it, because if they do it, everyone will moan about it, saying that its to over powered...

3x  2x 

Offline Kevin_Arens

• [SA:MP] C.S.U Rookie [SA:MP] TRU Officer I
  • Citizen
    • Skype - live:kevin.arens.5
  • Badge-ID: #P134
« Reply #962 on: April 13, 2014, 19:10:16 pm »
Do what I do, Roleplay it.  :police:
Signed,

Senior Officer
CSU Rookie
TRU Officer I

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #963 on: April 13, 2014, 22:00:03 pm »
Do what I do, Roleplay it.  :police:

Exactly! We encourage everyone to roleplay anything they like, let it be a tazer, rubber bullets, or even just doing a /me tackles the suspect.

Try it out, you'd be surprised how many suspects will RP back if we start it first.

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Pedro

• Citizen
« Reply #964 on: April 13, 2014, 22:07:45 pm »
I have an idea.

As we noticed, Argo is getting some of the players back, and the traffic is getting bigger in Los Santos.

My Idea is to grab the old LVPD Traffic Division and put it in LSPD.

For those who doesn't know about the old LVPD Traffic Division, it was a Department Division based on traffic control, we all had our jobs, like: traffic checkpoints, speed traps, also we had, an "undercover" traffic unit.

I think it would help the traffic in Los Santos and it would bring more RP to the server.

3x  2x 

Offline Megamidget

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5662
  • SA-MP: =AV=Megamidget
« Reply #965 on: April 17, 2014, 15:21:43 pm »
I have an idea.

As we noticed, Argo is getting some of the players back, and the traffic is getting bigger in Los Santos.

For those who doesn't know about the old LVPD Traffic Division, it was a Department Division based on traffic control, we all had our jobs, like: traffic checkpoints, speed traps, also we had, an "undercover" traffic unit.

I think it would help the traffic in Los Santos and it would bring more RP to the server.

Try getting a few officers together and running checkpoints and speed traps there is nothing stopping you, no need for a specific division just get out there, make it happen and have fun doing it.
"Whoever did this must be exterminated and they must be exterminated by us"

- J edgar Hoover -

SAPD Deputy Chief

Retired SAPD Chief of Police - Former TeamSpeak Manager - SAMP Admin

Offline Rusty.

• Citizen
  • Deuces.
    • Skype - crackafewoff
« Reply #966 on: April 17, 2014, 19:37:11 pm »
I have an idea.

This is what am getting at, people need to make things happen on their own initiative rather than waiting in hope SAPD Command does something.  There is NOTHING stopping any Officer doing what you mentioned, that's what we want to see from people.

Offline Spike

• SA:MP Valar
  • Citizen
  • A leader leads by example, not by force.
  • Badge-ID: #6549
  • SA-MP: James_Robinson
« Reply #967 on: April 17, 2014, 21:54:17 pm »
I have an idea.

This is what am getting at, people need to make things happen on their own initiative rather than waiting in hope SAPD Command does something.  There is NOTHING stopping any Officer doing what you mentioned, that's what we want to see from people.

If Argonath Road Administration was active like in RS4 it would be possible for sure.

RETIRED Deputy Chief of Police James Robinson
Internal Affairs Commanding Officer | Chief of Detectives
San Andreas Police Department - "To protect and serve"
2014-2019

Offline Andrew Banks

• ARPD Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • Badge-ID: #A98
« Reply #968 on: April 17, 2014, 23:29:30 pm »
I have an idea.

If Argonath Road Administration was active like in RS4 it would be possible for sure.

They're not inactive at all, online daily.

Police Commissioner Andrew Banks
United States of Argonath
Argonath Police Department - "To protect and serve"

Offline PulseEffect

• [SA:MP] Judge
  • Citizen
  • Orta Recens Quam Pura Nites
    • Skype - alexander.an2
  • SA-MP: =AV=PulseEffect
« Reply #969 on: April 18, 2014, 03:01:04 am »
I have an idea.

ARA is not responsible for road law enforcement, their purpose is to maintain roads and keep natural dangers off roads (ie fallen trees, floods, etc). Generally keeping the roads safe.

~~
[VC:MP] Former VCPD Captain | [SA:MP] Former SAPD Senior Officer

Offline PulseEffect

• [SA:MP] Judge
  • Citizen
  • Orta Recens Quam Pura Nites
    • Skype - alexander.an2
  • SA-MP: =AV=PulseEffect
« Reply #970 on: April 27, 2014, 17:36:56 pm »
An idea - First Aid Training for SAPD Probationary Officers+

SAPD Probationary Officers + should receive full First Aid Training, you all probably wondering why? Well firstly because if a victim dies from injuries as a result of a situation, that is negligence by the state and accountable to a full fledged court case which in my opinion would result in the victim/family winning as a result of negligence, you can not deny that a police department is an emergency service, and if you wish to deny this, please do so and never use your sirens.

Another reason why is that after a long situation, if victims die from their injuries and emergency personnel are not available due to other situations or not available, the police department would basically achieve nothing from rescuing the victim. Imagine because of a few minutes, a victim suffers from brain damage from lack of oxygen because a police officer did not check for signs of life/breathing/airway obstructions.

There are also many other roleplay situations which can occur in which EMS/FD can not or would take TOO long to reach. Therefore I heavily believe that the SAPD should train it's staff (Probationary Officers+, SAPD standard officers, no because that's a bit too much and is just not viable since some may not speak English that well, etc etc) to have first aid qualifications.

~~
[VC:MP] Former VCPD Captain | [SA:MP] Former SAPD Senior Officer

Offline Rusty.

• Citizen
  • Deuces.
    • Skype - crackafewoff
« Reply #971 on: April 27, 2014, 17:58:33 pm »
We could incorporate that into the academy as something that is mandatory for people to learn.  Will take your suggestion on-board and pass it along to our Academy staff and get their opinions on it!

Offline Solis

• Citizen
« Reply #972 on: April 27, 2014, 20:13:41 pm »
We could incorporate that into the academy as something that is mandatory for people to learn.  Will take your suggestion on-board and pass it along to our Academy staff and get their opinions on it!

Back when I was an SO this was one of the first things I teached. In real life it is almost always obligatory for officers to be trained, at least in basic life support, since they will usually be the first ones to arrive at an emergency scene.

If the proposal does pass through then I'm available to provide BLS training and first aid.

Offline Spike

• SA:MP Valar
  • Citizen
  • A leader leads by example, not by force.
  • Badge-ID: #6549
  • SA-MP: James_Robinson
« Reply #973 on: April 27, 2014, 21:10:24 pm »

Back when I was an SO this was one of the first things I teached. In real life it is almost always obligatory for officers to be trained, at least in basic life support, since they will usually be the first ones to arrive at an emergency scene.

If the proposal does pass through then I'm available to provide BLS training and first aid.

Yes, You helped me a lot with it :)

RETIRED Deputy Chief of Police James Robinson
Internal Affairs Commanding Officer | Chief of Detectives
San Andreas Police Department - "To protect and serve"
2014-2019

Offline Andrew Banks

• ARPD Commissioner
  • Administrator
« Reply #974 on: May 01, 2014, 18:36:48 pm »
Why was 10-6 removed, and can we bring it back on the list of police codes?

Offline Milano Alvarez

• Citizen
    • Skype - samimzafari
  • Badge-ID: #A43
« Reply #975 on: May 01, 2014, 18:57:54 pm »

Hello Andrew, I have no clue to be honest. It was done when former Chief Knight and Commissioner Fasi got some codes out. I would be handy to have it back indeed. You will have to wait for someone up higher in the chain to respond to this.
Milano Alvarez
"One team, one task"

Offline Megamidget

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5662
  • SA-MP: =AV=Megamidget
« Reply #976 on: May 02, 2014, 16:35:22 pm »

Hello Andrew, I have no clue to be honest. It was done when former Chief Knight and Commissioner Fasi got some codes out. I would be handy to have it back indeed. You will have to wait for someone up higher in the chain to respond to this.

Will be discussed with Command members Shortly
"Whoever did this must be exterminated and they must be exterminated by us"

- J edgar Hoover -

SAPD Deputy Chief

Retired SAPD Chief of Police - Former TeamSpeak Manager - SAMP Admin

Offline Andrew Banks

• ARPD Commissioner
  • Administrator
« Reply #977 on: May 10, 2014, 12:26:25 pm »

Will be discussed with Command members Shortly

Any updates on this?

Offline Rusty.

• Citizen
  • Deuces.
    • Skype - crackafewoff
« Reply #978 on: May 10, 2014, 14:39:39 pm »
Due to be discussed on this weekends command meeting, will update afterwards.

Offline Pedro

• Citizen
« Reply #979 on: May 11, 2014, 17:33:26 pm »
What about we do a criminal database on the forums as we have with the traffic database.

Objectives: We know the history of the suspect, we can view his record during a traffic stop. And if ASID has a warrent, the same is posted on the man's file.

The main objective is to keep the officers with something to do.

And also gives a more RP.

Edit: The file will have his photos (like irl ones) with his adress, phone, name, age, job...

The crimes added will be assaul, tickets, roberry, murder.. you name it.

Edit2: This is also good, so SWAT can know the suspects crimes, it would help so SWAT Operatives knew what kind of suspects thei were facing. Same with AirDiv in case of a pursuit..

Also it gives more cooperation between every single governamental agency (SAPD, ASID ,SWAT,AirDiv, FBI)

3x  2x 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal