| Date: 03-05-24  Time: 02:43 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 118
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: San Andreas Police Department | Q&A  (Read 255027 times)

Offline Kevin_Arens

• [SA:MP] C.S.U Rookie [SA:MP] TRU Officer I
  • Citizen
    • Skype - live:kevin.arens.5
  • Badge-ID: #P134
Re: SA:MP | State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #980 on: May 11, 2014, 20:34:37 pm »
What about we do a criminal database on the forums as we have with the traffic database.

Objectives: We know the history of the suspect, we can view his record during a traffic stop. And if ASID has a warrent, the same is posted on the man's file.

The main objective is to keep the officers with something to do.

And also gives a more RP.

Edit: The file will have his photos (like irl ones) with his adress, phone, name, age, job...

The crimes added will be assaul, tickets, roberry, murder.. you name it.

Edit2: This is also good, so SWAT can know the suspects crimes, it would help so SWAT Operatives knew what kind of suspects thei were facing. Same with AirDiv in case of a pursuit..

Also it gives more cooperation between every single governamental agency (SAPD, ASID ,SWAT,AirDiv, FBI)

Will be against the Argonath vision,
You can switch from character whenever you want.
You can be an Officer, serving the law.
And 10 mins later you can be a criminal, killing 10 people.
Signed,

Senior Officer
CSU Rookie
TRU Officer I

Offline Jake Parker

• Citizen
« Reply #981 on: May 11, 2014, 21:05:58 pm »
Still to be honest i like the idea even when you can be a different person it's just that you know who you are facing if he is a criminal or civilian as pedro said it gives more work to do and more roleplay and teamwork between the agency's

Offline Andrew Banks

• ARPD Commissioner
  • Administrator
  • Badge-ID: #A98
« Reply #982 on: May 11, 2014, 21:07:42 pm »
What about we do a criminal database on the forums as we have with the traffic database.

Objectives: We know the history of the suspect, we can view his record during a traffic stop. And if ASID has a warrent, the same is posted on the man's file.

Edit: The file will have his photos (like irl ones) with his adress, phone, name, age, job...

Edit2: This is also good, so SWAT can know the suspects crimes, it would help so SWAT Operatives knew what kind of suspects thei were facing. Same with AirDiv in case of a pursuit..

Also it gives more cooperation between every single governamental agency (SAPD, ASID ,SWAT,AirDiv, FBI)
Would be against the argo vision.
Idea is good but it just is not allowed.

Police Commissioner Andrew Banks
United States of Argonath
Argonath Police Department - "To protect and serve"

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
  • Badge-ID: #P60
« Reply #983 on: May 12, 2014, 12:31:42 pm »

Just like the Traffic Violation Database. Is it prohibited? No.

Offline Andrew Banks

• ARPD Commissioner
  • Administrator
« Reply #984 on: May 12, 2014, 15:21:42 pm »

Just like the Traffic Violation Database. Is it prohibited? No.

Traffic Violation Database is something different, here they have committed a crime but are not yet punished for so. Of course we won't go and sue someone for something which has happened 5 months ago, but this way we can see a pattern and if needed we can bring this to a judge.

Offline Allison

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Alicia Ross
« Reply #985 on: May 12, 2014, 15:39:13 pm »
Traffic Violation Database logs what traffic violations happened and when. If the database could be used only for statistics, then it would be fine. As long as the focus is on the type of crime, when it happened, and where it happened. It could provide information on what crime is committed the most, where they usually happen, and around what time they are most common. Again, just be sure the focus isn't on the person who committed the crime, then it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Offline Jake Parker

• Citizen
« Reply #986 on: May 26, 2014, 22:26:28 pm »
As i do see different complaints and people moaning about the jurisdictions system to improve in this script why don't add up the LVPD and SFPD and LSPD again? As you are accepted as senior officer you will be placed by a department this may increase the teamwork with suspects and this can solve the jurisdiction complaints.

Maybe there was already someone with this idea but i do like to hear your opinions about this and if possible to have the command staff to have a look on it.

Offline Padres_Rosso

• Citizen
    • Skype - lukas2010123
  • Badge-ID: #P60
« Reply #987 on: May 27, 2014, 14:55:33 pm »
As i do see different complaints and people moaning about the jurisdictions system to improve in this script why don't add up the LVPD and SFPD and LSPD again? As you are accepted as senior officer you will be placed by a department this may increase the teamwork with suspects and this can solve the jurisdiction complaints.

Maybe there was already someone with this idea but i do like to hear your opinions about this and if possible to have the command staff to have a look on it.

I had the exactly same idea, not related to the jurisdictions system though. Departments will split up officers and increase the "team feeling". You see, theoretically the less people the more you basically hold together as a team. Right now the SAPD is just feeling like a bunch of officers doing the same and the same all over the day. Returning the old departments will help here definitelly. Departments will have different types of teaching their officers, doing their work and ofcourse every department will have its unique rules/tactics/etc. For example the old LVPD was very strict on professionalism and respect. Every department will be individualistic and do things together in a team.

Offline Matty0406

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: RTU-17
« Reply #988 on: May 30, 2014, 08:44:43 am »
Right, so ever since the 'state what/who is evading/aiding' rule was implemented, Senior officers have had to be correcting a lot of newbies mistakes, but giving the /unsus command to the supervisory deems itself as rather silly if you ask me, there is only around 4/5 supervisory officers, and only 2 are sometimes active, I'm sorry but isnt that just gonna cause a master clusterf**k?? when no other administrative member is online and some trolling cop abuses the /suspect command we need the Senior officers, I mean rusty said after changing the permissions that is portrays how it 'should be' now whether that was meant as IRL or what, IDK, but this is Argonath, not RL, it is not good for argonath personally, people quite clearly don't like change as the playerbase declined by around 55-60% with the come uppance of RS5, and frankly quite a few people are very pissed at this change, please sort it and possibly reconsider, or give us a training program to be able to progress to Supervisory, cheers.

Offline DarkShadowBlade

• [SA:MP] Ex-Academy Leader
  • Citizen
  • Darkest of Shadows.
    • Skype - darkshadowblade.
  • Badge-ID: #A111
« Reply #989 on: May 30, 2014, 10:50:52 am »
Right, so ever since the 'state what/who is evading/aiding' rule was implemented, Senior officers have had to be correcting a lot of newbies mistakes, but giving the /unsus command to the supervisory deems itself as rather silly if you ask me, there is only around 4/5 supervisory officers, and only 2 are sometimes active, I'm sorry but isnt that just gonna cause a master clusterf**k?? when no other administrative member is online and some trolling cop abuses the /suspect command we need the Senior officers, I mean rusty said after changing the permissions that is portrays how it 'should be' now whether that was meant as IRL or what, IDK, but this is Argonath, not RL, it is not good for argonath personally, people quite clearly don't like change as the playerbase declined by around 55-60% with the come uppance of RS5, and frankly quite a few people are very pissed at this change, please sort it and possibly reconsider, or give us a training program to be able to progress to Supervisory, cheers.

While that may be a valid concern, who says that the number of Supervisory Officers could change in the future?  That isn't the point however... The point is here that if there is no administrative authority online or anyone who can unsuspect, then clearly just say "Do not pursue Suspect (ID here)." If you see it happen in front of you, then turn on your dash cam and start recording the abusing officer (taking Screenshots), then submit a RP report. Easy. My guess is the unsuspect command was taken out because it can't be monitored as well as before due to the outstanding number of Senior Officers. The unsuspect command isn't exactly regulated in the SAPD so if a misinformed Senior Officer unsuspects a criminal who actually committed a crime, there's a problem. It's best to as I said, make a RP report if there is no administrators or those who can unsuspect... Best of Luck..

Offline Milano Alvarez

• Citizen
    • Skype - samimzafari
  • Badge-ID: #A43
« Reply #990 on: May 30, 2014, 12:48:33 pm »

Keep in mind that everyone above the rank of Senior Officer can unsuspect. The number of members above the rank Senior Officer are almost the same as the whole Senior Officer team. In case there are no Supervisory Officers or Command Staff members online, which is rarely the case, then you normally explain to the suspecting officer what he has done wrong. Basically the Officer rank is now the Senior Officer rank. It has always been like this.
Milano Alvarez
"One team, one task"

Offline Nexus Riggs

• Citizen
  • Former Deputy Chief
  • Badge-ID: #A107
« Reply #991 on: May 30, 2014, 18:06:40 pm »
And a reminder to everyone else, ONLY SAPD Command Staff are permitted to respond. Anyone else answering will have your post removed.

Offline Spike

• SA:MP Valar
  • Citizen
  • A leader leads by example, not by force.
  • Badge-ID: #6549
  • SA-MP: James_Robinson
« Reply #992 on: May 30, 2014, 22:02:23 pm »
Any Ideas about HSP, it was a good division but it was abused. What I think is that it should come back with Rules that could improve this "abuses" such as not patrolling and just cursing around with fast cars. I think that you should only go in HSP when requested in /r(adio). Another Idea is that it should be invite only, why? Because people would just apply to going around with sports cars. Ofc this is just a Idea, post down your suggestions and Ideas.

RETIRED Deputy Chief of Police James Robinson
Internal Affairs Commanding Officer | Chief of Detectives
San Andreas Police Department - "To protect and serve"
2014-2019

Offline Rusty.

• Citizen
  • Deuces.
    • Skype - crackafewoff
  • Badge-ID: #A28
« Reply #993 on: May 30, 2014, 22:17:39 pm »

It is how it should be.
Supervisory Officers are pretty much Senior Officers pre-RS5 (check below) , it wasn't intended to always allow Senior Officers the ability to unsuspect.  It won't be reversed no matter how hard people protest, either adapt to the change or don't it's up to you.  We will be making additions to our Supervisory Officers soon. 

We don't need a program to be able to progress up to Supervisory Officer, if you played pre-RS5 the Senior Officer rank wasn't easily earned and was somewhat prestigious as it meant you were ready to take on further tasks and act as a reduced command member to Officers below.  If people want to rank up they work for it.

(SAPD Officer = Freecop | Probationary = SAPD Cadet | Senior Officer = SAPD Officer | Supervisory Officer = Senior Officer)

Any Ideas about HSP, it was a good division but it was abused. What I think is that it should come back with Rules that could improve this "abuses" such as not patrolling and just cursing around with fast cars. I think that you should only go in HSP when requested in /r(adio). Another Idea is that it should be invite only, why? Because people would just apply to going around with sports cars. Ofc this is just a Idea, post down your suggestions and Ideas.

We have no current plans to roll out another division at this time, bringing back HSP was discussed and unfortunately was put on the back burner for now.  It may re-appear in the future who knows.

Offline Andrew Banks

• ARPD Commissioner
  • Administrator
« Reply #994 on: May 30, 2014, 22:26:16 pm »
Any update on the 10-6 thing?

Offline Rusty.

• Citizen
  • Deuces.
    • Skype - crackafewoff
« Reply #995 on: May 30, 2014, 23:57:06 pm »
Any update on the 10-6 thing?

Will be added back in.   :)

Offline PulseEffect

• [SA:MP] Judge
  • Citizen
  • Orta Recens Quam Pura Nites
    • Skype - alexander.an2
  • SA-MP: =AV=PulseEffect
« Reply #996 on: May 31, 2014, 07:04:15 am »
An idea - First Aid Training for SAPD Probationary Officers+

SAPD Probationary Officers + should receive full First Aid Training, you all probably wondering why? Well firstly because if a victim dies from injuries as a result of a situation, that is negligence by the state and accountable to a full fledged court case which in my opinion would result in the victim/family winning as a result of negligence, you can not deny that a police department is an emergency service, and if you wish to deny this, please do so and never use your sirens.

Another reason why is that after a long situation, if victims die from their injuries and emergency personnel are not available due to other situations or not available, the police department would basically achieve nothing from rescuing the victim. Imagine because of a few minutes, a victim suffers from brain damage from lack of oxygen because a police officer did not check for signs of life/breathing/airway obstructions.

There are also many other roleplay situations which can occur in which EMS/FD can not or would take TOO long to reach. Therefore I heavily believe that the SAPD should train it's staff (Probationary Officers+, SAPD standard officers, no because that's a bit too much and is just not viable since some may not speak English that well, etc etc) to have first aid qualifications.

Any updates?

~~
[VC:MP] Former VCPD Captain | [SA:MP] Former SAPD Senior Officer

Offline Spike

• SA:MP Valar
  • Citizen
  • A leader leads by example, not by force.
  • Badge-ID: #6549
  • SA-MP: James_Robinson
« Reply #997 on: May 31, 2014, 08:43:32 am »

It is how it should be.
Supervisory Officers are pretty much Senior Officers pre-RS5 (check below) , it wasn't intended to always allow Senior Officers the ability to unsuspect.  It won't be reversed no matter how hard people protest, either adapt to the change or don't it's up to you.  We will be making additions to our Supervisory Officers soon. 

We don't need a program to be able to progress up to Supervisory Officer, if you played pre-RS5 the Senior Officer rank wasn't easily earned and was somewhat prestigious as it meant you were ready to take on further tasks and act as a reduced command member to Officers below.  If people want to rank up they work for it.

(SAPD Officer = Freecop | Probationary = SAPD Cadet | Senior Officer = SAPD Officer | Supervisory Officer = Senior Officer)

I have a question, why don't you just bring the names back ?

At least people who don't read this topic would know the meanings of each rank.

RETIRED Deputy Chief of Police James Robinson
Internal Affairs Commanding Officer | Chief of Detectives
San Andreas Police Department - "To protect and serve"
2014-2019

Offline Rusty.

• Citizen
  • Deuces.
    • Skype - crackafewoff
« Reply #998 on: May 31, 2014, 10:52:25 am »
Can't just bring them back it's how Gandalf wanted it, "everyone" to be apart of SAPD when they pass the ingame test instead of having - ARPD Officer vs SAPD,
Yes Pulse we have rolled out First Aid training it's in the Probationary Officer lounge for people to read and is now apart of the our final exam.  Thanks to Lieutenant Megamidget who is our resident medical officer.

Offline Nexus Riggs

• Citizen
  • Former Deputy Chief
  • Badge-ID: #A107
« Reply #999 on: May 31, 2014, 11:07:18 am »
An idea - First Aid Training for SAPD Probationary Officers+

SAPD Probationary Officers + should receive full First Aid Training, you all probably wondering why? Well firstly because if a victim dies from injuries as a result of a situation, that is negligence by the state and accountable to a full fledged court case which in my opinion would result in the victim/family winning as a result of negligence, you can not deny that a police department is an emergency service, and if you wish to deny this, please do so and never use your sirens.

Another reason why is that after a long situation, if victims die from their injuries and emergency personnel are not available due to other situations or not available, the police department would basically achieve nothing from rescuing the victim. Imagine because of a few minutes, a victim suffers from brain damage from lack of oxygen because a police officer did not check for signs of life/breathing/airway obstructions.

There are also many other roleplay situations which can occur in which EMS/FD can not or would take TOO long to reach. Therefore I heavily believe that the SAPD should train it's staff (Probationary Officers+, SAPD standard officers, no because that's a bit too much and is just not viable since some may not speak English that well, etc etc) to have first aid qualifications.

Any updates?
This idea will be proposed to the SAPD Academy Staff and discussed with rest of the command members.   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal