| Date: 03-05-24  Time: 04:19 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 107
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: San Andreas Police Department | Q&A  (Read 255040 times)

Offline Plam Knight

• SAMP Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: *LV1609
Re: San Andreas Police Department - State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #1140 on: June 23, 2015, 16:23:55 pm »
When the development team resets the server, so the "Officer" rank is cleared.

Offline Huntsman

• [VC:MP] VCPD Chief of Police
  • Badge-ID: VC-22
« Reply #1141 on: June 25, 2015, 13:08:21 pm »
A little question regarding the new application processing.
Will people who have had a long expierience in SA:MP law enforcement branches still need to go through ride alongs? In my personal opinion, that really would be uneccessary as these people already are aware of what SAPD does and why they are joining it.
ARPD Veteran: Over 10 years in ARPD.
BCSD Sheriff, ARTP Commander (SAMP) (2010-2011)
SAPD Officer (SAMP) (2010-2011)
FBI Special Agent (SAMP) (2011-2012)
Retired Chief of Police (VCPD) (2017-2018)
LSPD Senior Officer/Academy Leader  (VMP)(2020-2021)

Offline Lionel Valdes

• Citizen
« Reply #1142 on: June 25, 2015, 13:33:52 pm »
Hello Huntsman, thank you for showing interest in the San Andreas Police Department.

The answer is yes, as the recruitment system should be fair to everyone, and without any exception. On the bright side, experience does help and improves one's chances of being considered. However, the goal of ride alongs is to closely observe the applicant's patience, attention as well as a number of core values.

I hope this cleared it up for you.

LIONEL VALDES
FORMER DEPUTY CHIEF, CHIEF OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

Offline Huntsman

« Reply #1143 on: June 25, 2015, 16:15:49 pm »
Hello Huntsman, thank you for showing interest in the San Andreas Police Department.

The answer is yes, as the recruitment system should be fair to everyone, and without any exception. On the bright side, experience does help and improves one's chances of being considered. However, the goal of ride alongs is to closely observe the applicant's patience, attention as well as a number of core values.

I hope this cleared it up for you.

Thank you for your answer.

Offline PulseEffect

• [SA:MP] Judge
  • Citizen
  • Orta Recens Quam Pura Nites
    • Skype - alexander.an2
  • SA-MP: =AV=PulseEffect
Re: SA:MP | State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #1144 on: June 27, 2015, 01:16:48 am »
I was just wondering who is the prosecutor for the ARPD?

Would like to call up this question again.

~~
[VC:MP] Former VCPD Captain | [SA:MP] Former SAPD Senior Officer

Offline Nexus Riggs

• Citizen
  • Former Deputy Chief
  • Badge-ID: #A107
Re: SA:MP | State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #1145 on: June 27, 2015, 04:21:45 am »
I was just wondering who is the prosecutor for the ARPD?

Would like to call up this question again.

Supervisory Officer Caion

Offline Kaze

• Citizen
« Reply #1146 on: June 27, 2015, 15:52:21 pm »
Not sure if this issue only existed pre-SAPD reform but what's the status about car ramming/PIT/Driveby when the suspect in the vehicle is slower than yours?

I've seen the SAPD go yolo mode and ram the f**k out of faggios/admirals etc etc

Offline Pedro

• [SA:MP] Academy Manager [SA:MP] T.R.U Officer II [SA:MP] C.S.U Officer
  • Citizen
  • ''To Serve and Protect'' - Since 2011
  • Badge-ID: #A122
« Reply #1147 on: June 27, 2015, 17:08:39 pm »
Not sure if this issue only existed pre-SAPD reform but what's the status about car ramming/PIT/Driveby when the suspect in the vehicle is slower than yours?

I've seen the SAPD go yolo mode and ram the f**k out of faggios/admirals etc etc

The SAPD officers are trained on how and when performing the PIT.

Ofc that we are not going rambo on the PIT, as it needs to be in a safe road/area

And yes, we are allowed to PIT those vehicles.

About drive by, only cars faster than the SAPD cruisers, if the suspect is involved in a c30 or if the suspect is on a bike, going off road/ tapping the arrow key to go faster.

3x  2x 

Offline Justin King

• Citizen
« Reply #1148 on: June 28, 2015, 05:36:13 am »
Since the reform, the number of officers at one time has decreased. I think we should lower the restrictions on the number of officers to do a cargo check because of that. I think it would be a lot easier.

Offline Huntsman

« Reply #1149 on: August 08, 2015, 13:03:07 pm »
Hello there. I wish to suggest an idea that would help SAPD to tackle it's activity issue that we face today.
I think the reason why we have such low activity is the slow recruitment process. Yes, it is faster than it used to be in RS4 and such, but it's still not fast enough to satisfy the ongoing changes. As you may have heard, VC:MP VCPD has undergone drastic changes as well, and we used to have great issues with activity and recruitment overall. However, after we implemented the new academy system, the issue has been tackled ever since and the VCPD has been praised for its activity.
The most important thing that we done was extremely simplified academy. We only kept only the most important things in it and tried to make it as fun as possible. We wanted the Cadets to be able to progress through academy quickly, yet efficiently, by gaining all the most important knowledge needed. At first they go through the introduction of procedures and regulations. Few most important ones are emphisized, and then they take an Entry Exam which consists of various procedures and regulations which they have had to read before the session. If they pass - they can continue with the academy, if not, they have two more tries before being dismissed. That way we rely on the cadet to find and learn the material himself, rather than have him read it, and then force him to go through the same thing with an Academy Teacher over again. Honestly, that is the biggest problem with SAPD, and probably has always been - being forced to sit in game, listening to someone pretty much read you various SAPD rules and regulations and such to you, when you have either read it yourself already, or knew it for a long time due to prolonged expierence in the ARPD. Which is what brings me to another point - evaluation. If we see a previous officer, or someone that has great expierence in ARPD before, coming to VCPD, we do not force him to go through the academy, or atleast, we allow him to skip certain sessions. For example, Marcel (now known as Joseph Burke) was a notorious criminal in VC:MP back in the day. He was very great at fighting, and even VCPD SWAT had difficulties taking on him. Now that he has applied, we only make him go through two sessions out of five, which are not combat related, as we know that this man is capable of fighthing himself. Not trying to sound cocky or anything, but in all honesty, after playing here for four years and in all those years being exclusively on police officer role, I really do not want to sit and listen through the entire same thing I knew for ages. This is what stops most people from applying, or slows down their progress through academy. It needs to be simplified, only most important aspects added. Let the cadets read the material and learn themselves, and on stages test them instead of making them over-go through the same stuff he just read over and over again. Focus on the things he does not know and needs improvement instead of overloading his head with bunch of useless information. I think it might be harsh, but I think that this criticism has solutions that could tackle the problems with activity that we have.

Offline Jake Parker

• Citizen
« Reply #1150 on: August 08, 2015, 13:17:08 pm »
We all might have different opinions about that this question was earlier answered by Plam the recruitment isn't really the problem as we do have a good ammount of applicants/cadets and officers but it seems they all went away when they got accepted. Our recruitment has been changed and there isnt really anything wrong with it. To your point of skipping sessions, everyone will be handled in the same way as anyone other. But there is nothing wrong with taking a look into this though as you speak out of a point from where you noticed yourself.

Offline Bruce`

• Citizen
« Reply #1151 on: August 20, 2015, 09:16:21 am »
When cops read Miranda rights, are they obligated to find you a attorney/lawyer if you can't find one?

Offline Nexus Riggs

• Citizen
  • Former Deputy Chief
« Reply #1152 on: August 20, 2015, 09:46:15 am »
When cops read Miranda rights, are they obligated to find you a attorney/lawyer if you can't find one?
According to the Constitution of The United States of Argonath, San Andreas Police Department is not a courthouse, we are a constituted body of persons empowered by the state to enforce the laws. So our officers does not have any obligations to provide an attorney/lawyer to any citizen/non-citizen. Lawyers/Attorneys are to be provided by the Court only to those who were prosecuted through legal proceedings. When a law enforcement officer takes someone into custody, that officer is required by the Constitution to just read out the Miranda Rights and ensure the other party have understood their rights.

Quote from: Argonath Constitution Section IV, Ordinance I
In all prosecutions, a citizen shall have a right to a speedy and public trial in the state of the crime/civil action he or she is being prosecuted for, and the right to representation by an attorney. Failure to attend the court case you are involved in will result in your opponent winning the case.

Quote from: Argonath Constitution Section II, Ordinance XII
In the case of arrest or detention, a citizen must be promptly informed of the reasons, must also be informed that he has the right to a lawyer and must be allowed to use that right as soon as possible. He shall also have the validity of the detention controlled by the present law and to be released if the detention is not lawful.

Since the Government does not provide adequate lawyers/attorneys for its citizens, we do not have any legal representative body. Therefore, "as soon as possible" is only when possible, so it'll be a lengthy wait for those who demand lawyers during typical police investigations/interrogations.

Offline Bruce`

• Citizen
« Reply #1153 on: August 20, 2015, 09:48:38 am »
Then why do you say to people "if you cannot affoard an attorney we will find you one"?  remove that part cause in SAPD's case, is useless....

Offline Nexus Riggs

• Citizen
  • Former Deputy Chief
« Reply #1154 on: August 20, 2015, 09:57:51 am »
Then why do you say to people "if you cannot affoard an attorney we will find you one"?  remove that part cause in SAPD's case, is useless....
You have brought up a good point and I have proposed this in the past to my predecessors, but it did not go through as planned. I want to let you know that we will look into this matter again as I can see it might be affecting our daily operations in the Police Department.

Offline Dusty

• Citizen
  • Loyal to Law.
    • Skype - joe.noe4
  • Badge-ID: 139
« Reply #1155 on: August 23, 2015, 12:49:40 pm »
Hey, so I noticed a big problem. SAPD doesn't have enough law enforcerers. I myself am thinking to join the SAPD but even if I get accepted, Argonath needs more police officers. There are murders,robberys and kidnappings and there are barely any police officers online. The SAPD should do something, think of anything you want, but you need more officers. Many people are calling for help every day, and alot of that time the police isn't able to help them because there is a little of them and all of them are busy or AFK or whatever. SAPD Command, you need to take action, if we continue to have this low ammount of police officers or lower, Argonath will never be safe and criminals will do much crimes.

Offline Charlotte

• Citizen
« Reply #1156 on: August 23, 2015, 15:31:18 pm »
Hey, so I noticed a big problem. SAPD doesn't have enough law enforcerers. I myself am thinking to join the SAPD but even if I get accepted, Argonath needs more police officers. There are murders,robberys and kidnappings and there are barely any police officers online. The SAPD should do something, think of anything you want, but you need more officers. Many people are calling for help every day, and alot of that time the police isn't able to help them because there is a little of them and all of them are busy or AFK or whatever. SAPD Command, you need to take action, if we continue to have this low ammount of police officers or lower, Argonath will never be safe and criminals will do much crimes.
Problem is ... To finish academy takes too long time.

Offline [Rstar]John

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #7470
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]John
  • IV:MP: [R*]John
« Reply #1157 on: August 23, 2015, 15:36:14 pm »
It's about your activity
One day per stage is very short
You have to do more efforts like your colleagues!
FORMER S.A.P.D. Captain

Offline Charlotte

• Citizen
« Reply #1158 on: August 24, 2015, 12:55:58 pm »
It's about your activity
One day per stage is very short
You have to do more efforts like your colleagues!
Ye, everyone is saying that ;)
P.S patroling with partners everyday, but cant get my stages because of my real life work hours.

But its okey.

Offline Lionel Valdes

• Citizen
« Reply #1159 on: August 24, 2015, 18:49:42 pm »

The San Andreas Police Department's doors are always wide open for citizens that are interested in pursuing careers as full-time police officers; as we strive to be appealing enough to some sections of the public who show interest in law enforcement. The latter being undebatable considering the number of applications that have been submitted recently. Therefore, it is clear that the amount of employees in the department cannot be controlled directly, as it relates to other factors such as applicants with ambition that really want to achieve things beyond being applicants. As far as it concerns field activity, the San Andreas Police Department is generally and collectively maintaining solid activity in the game. We have started completing departmental events (operations/trainings) since not long ago in order to entertain our officers and to give them extra motivation as employees, which is necessary for productivity.

When it comes to officers deliberately being away from the game for prolonged periods, it is a matter of negligence of duty: a violation that warrants attention from the Command Staff. Try to reach the officer in question privately and politely about this matter. If you're confident that the same behaviour is repetitive, feel free to contact his/her direct superior, explaining your concern. The San Andreas Police Department holds strict policies regarding personnel violations and will do its best to investigate each one fairly and thoroughly.

This is irrelevant to the original post as cadets of the San Andreas Police Department, as much as any other ordinary police officer, are able to conduct regular law enforcement duties. The potential issue that the original poster is pointing towards is a shortage in employees, not the duration that the academy takes in average. Any further concerns related to the academy can be sent to myself or Training Manager John Shaft. For future reference:

Only SAPD Command Staff may reply to situations, questions, or ideas

Thank you for using the Situations, Questions & Ideas topic. Any further enquiries surrounding my reply can be sent to me in private; I will be glad to address your concerns.

Best regards,
Lionel Valdes

LIONEL VALDES
FORMER DEPUTY CHIEF, CHIEF OF ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal