| Date: 02-05-24  Time: 18:50 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Unsurpassed Сasual Dating - Real Women by NemoBarakat
[April 28, 2024, 18:14:36 pm]

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Genuine Ladies by Nikola_Nidza
[April 26, 2024, 03:13:30 am]

Top-notch Сasual Dating - Genuine Damsels by Seth
[April 20, 2024, 11:00:22 am]

Exemplary Сasual Dating - Authentic Damsels by PatarHD
[April 19, 2024, 23:24:35 pm]

Superlative Сasual Dating - Verified Damsels by saqibkhan
[April 19, 2024, 22:30:34 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 126
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: San Andreas Police Department | Q&A  (Read 255003 times)

Offline Boozman

• [Retired] Academy Chief
  • Citizen
  • "Summum ius, summa iniuria"
Re: SA:MP | State your Situations, Questions & Ideas
« Reply #300 on: March 22, 2010, 02:41:33 am »
Question: I see one or More Officers on Duty, Off Roading and driving off cliff's etc. Which if a civilian did it would be reckless driving(IE Driving off the Ledge at the LS-SF Tunnel, heading to LS). Is this allowed, for officers to drive recklessly at random(w/o sirens) or is it not allowed.
No, Police can not break the laws just because they are the ones enforcing them.
The only time Police are Permitted to Drive without following some traffic laws is during a Code 2 or Code 3 Response.

Former LSPD Lieutenant, Academy Chief, Application Manager, SWAT Team Leader
Served August 10th, 2009 - June 10th, 2011;

Awards Achieved
Meritorious Service Medal x4
Community Policing Medal x1
Cadet of the Month (August '09)
The Vincent A. Vice 'Pat-on-the-Back' Award x1

Offline Henry_Blaze

• Citizen
« Reply #301 on: March 22, 2010, 03:34:48 am »
Question: I see one or More Officers on Duty, Off Roading and driving off cliff's etc. Which if a civilian did it would be reckless driving(IE Driving off the Ledge at the LS-SF Tunnel, heading to LS). Is this allowed, for officers to drive recklessly at random(w/o sirens) or is it not allowed.

You should ask them why they are doing that. Maybe they have good reason for that. If not, tell them to stop it. If they keep doing that report them to the command staff.

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #302 on: March 22, 2010, 21:34:47 pm »
This is why freecops are c00ler. :D
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline Bert

• Ex D.P.D. Sheriff
  • Citizen
  • A.K.A. BKP
« Reply #303 on: March 22, 2010, 22:43:57 pm »
Maybe they are DPD Officers.
BKP

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #304 on: March 22, 2010, 23:28:47 pm »
  Off-roading is a sport and should be encouraged by country police!
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline RoryAnstruther

• Citizen
  • Safety, Service and Security.
« Reply #305 on: March 22, 2010, 23:31:57 pm »
No, Police can not break the laws just because they are the ones enforcing them.
The only time Police are Permitted to Drive without following some traffic laws is during a Code 2 or Code 3 Response.

Sort of incorrect.. Driving off road for all I know isn't applicable to the vehicle code. You can drive through the desert or forest however you want, because it's not going to effect anyone else.
Former SAPD Lieutenant
Currently attending academy in real life. Wishing everyone a good game, be safe, and enjoy life.

Offline Boozman

• [Retired] Academy Chief
  • Citizen
  • "Summum ius, summa iniuria"
« Reply #306 on: March 23, 2010, 00:02:31 am »
Well, I meant if someone swerves off road during a patrol and starts doing flips and stuff.
But if their cruising in Bone County, then yeah that seems fine.

Former LSPD Lieutenant, Academy Chief, Application Manager, SWAT Team Leader
Served August 10th, 2009 - June 10th, 2011;

Awards Achieved
Meritorious Service Medal x4
Community Policing Medal x1
Cadet of the Month (August '09)
The Vincent A. Vice 'Pat-on-the-Back' Award x1

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #307 on: March 23, 2010, 00:13:54 am »

Police are not above the law, why would it be allowed?

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline JDC

• SA:MP Manager
  • Citizen
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  • Badge-ID: #69420
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • VC:MP: [R*]JDC
  • V:MP: [Rstar]JDC
  • Discord: JDC#0664
« Reply #308 on: March 23, 2010, 01:57:44 am »
driving off cliff's etc.

Suicidal much? :lol:
Quote from: Gandalf on June 08, 2013, 01:35:37 pm
The most important part is interacting with others and meeting people from around the world.

SA:MP Manager | Officer-In-Charge (OIC), San Andreas State Government | Pope of Argonath
Retired FBI Director (MTA:VC, VC:MP) and Division Chief (SA:MP)

Offline Xander

• Citizen
  • Jack of all Trades
« Reply #309 on: March 23, 2010, 02:02:47 am »
driving off cliff's etc.

Suicidal much? :lol:

I believe i have screen shots of officers doing this :P. Recently.
"All you wanna act like be, cuss like me, clown like me. You might be the next best thing, but not quite me"
~Montego 'X' Santiago~
~Xander~
~#1 Triad Mobster~Top 5 Surenos~

Offline Bert

• Ex D.P.D. Sheriff
  • Citizen
  • A.K.A. BKP
« Reply #310 on: March 23, 2010, 09:19:48 am »
Stick more to DPD areas and you will see a lot of officers doing that
BKP

Offline Janar

• Citizen
    • Skype - janar.argonath
« Reply #311 on: March 23, 2010, 10:18:03 am »
I have been doing some stunts if I had free time.

Offline Xander

• Citizen
  • Jack of all Trades
« Reply #312 on: March 27, 2010, 04:36:24 am »
Im back again, another question. Jimmy said in the other topic which has heated debate that it is against SAPD regulations to not /s3 before firing at a suspect. Is this true if the suspect is shooting at the cop? Does the Officer need to say /s3 before firing back? Ive seen controversy about this in Public recently. Figured i would ask and have a direct answer so i can just direct the cops to the topic for correct answers. Thanks for your time.
"All you wanna act like be, cuss like me, clown like me. You might be the next best thing, but not quite me"
~Montego 'X' Santiago~
~Xander~
~#1 Triad Mobster~Top 5 Surenos~

Offline Janar

• Citizen
    • Skype - janar.argonath
« Reply #313 on: March 27, 2010, 07:54:46 am »
If somebody's life is in direct danger, no warning is needed to shoot.
If suspect is running, warning must be shouted and then officer is allowed to shoot.
Direct quote from the laws:
When the police officer is allowed to use guns:

1) If someone's life, or your (the police officer) life is in direct danger, the police Officer is allowed to open fire without any warning.

(No matter if the suspect is unarmed; the officer can open fire at him)

2) When the suspect is escaping from a police officer, the officer is allowed to use their gun,  after warning him "stop or i shoot".

RayCarter

« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2010, 05:47:18 am »
Armed Civilians, Corrupt Freecops and Surrendered Suspects

Civilians
I am forced to fire at armed civilians when they are protecting a wanted suspect.
I do not have a chance to issue a warrant due to being underfire. I feel it's unfair
I am fined for killing a civilian dispite him clearly firing at weapon at me.

Freecops
Whether it be by Accident, or by Abusive Players, I am fined again for killing a Freecop.
Yesterday, A Freecop was issued a warrant for firing on a crowd, then shot and killed.
Later, I was underfire myself from a Freecop and was forced to fire back, killing him.

Suepects
This is another strange problem. Some Criminals will shoot and kill cops and only surrender when near death.
Once Cuffed, They are Free to punch and attack cops again forcing them to defend themselves and
kill the suspect. Again, Even though in defence, Cops are fined for killing a surrendered suspect.

I wanna know what your take on these subjects are and what your suggestions could be to prevent these problems.

Offline Frank_S

• [SA:MP] APPD Command
  • Citizen
  • Captain of Ministry of Good Intentions
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2010, 13:16:11 pm »
From the desk of Senior Officer Franklin Serin

Directed to the command staff of LSPD

Subject: Designated patrolling areas

To whom it may concern,

While patrolling in Los Santos over the past few weeks, I have noticed a growing number of citizens moving to the city. While I find this to be good not only for the cities appeal, but also for the economy of Los Santos. With more people means more money to help with repairing roads and the construction of new houses and small business'. The down side to more people though, is that the crime rate will rise. I have noticed that the main areas of patrolling have been the GS9/Idlewood area, Pershing Square, and surrounding areas. I belive that it may be benificial not only to the citizens of Argonath but also for the officers to have designated areas that they patrol. As an example, I would be assigned the area of Market, throughout my time on duty, my main area of concern would be to make sure the Market area of Los Santos is free of any criminal activity I may come across. That is not to say that if you are designated to an area, such as Market, and a code 30 is called out in Idlewood, that you are not obligated to respond. It will help divide the policing force up among the city resulting in more coverage of the area, ultimately resulting in a cleaner, nicer, and criminal free city. Thank you for your time.

Signed,
Frankilin Serin
Senior Officer
Los Santos Police Department

Medic of the Year 2009
Ex-Dillimore Police Department Sergeant
Awarded with the Police Life Saving Medal
Angel Pine Police Department Sergeant

Offline Jason J. Dilworth

• Citizen
  • Watch your six
  • Badge-ID: #139
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2010, 13:47:59 pm »
Well, I'm very upset by the fact that criminal organisation members can be part of SAPD, as I've noticed that people are leaking information, and it's harder for SAPD to keep the criminal activity under control, criminal-officers they spare their own members, giving them less jail time etc, not all but some of them. They can stay as freecops, that's fine . That's only my opinion though.

If you are with ARPD, then you are with ARPD...

The rules should be tightened up.

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2010, 16:38:19 pm »
Well, I'm very upset by the fact that criminal organisation members can be part of SAPD, as I've noticed that people are leaking information, and it's harder for SAPD to keep the criminal activity under control, criminal-officers they spare their own members, giving them less jail time etc, not all but some of them. They can stay as freecops, that's fine . That's only my opinion though.

Well, One ya that's abuse if you are in a gang and go on duty to jail a fellow gang member for 15 seconds. That's just straight up abuse ((Script abuse?)) but, We don't let gang members be part of command staff so information cant be leaked. Also most gang members get into ARPD then get fired because of inactivity. Recently because of abuse the whole Gvardia gang has been Cop banned.
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #318 on: May 06, 2010, 17:32:49 pm »

I understand where you're coming from, but the last time this was made a rule, the SAPD imploded and the criminal groups begun walking all over them.
Criminals make excellent cops.
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline Jason J. Dilworth

• Citizen
  • Watch your six
  • Badge-ID: #139
« Reply #319 on: May 06, 2010, 17:49:53 pm »

I understand where you're coming from, but the last time this was made a rule, the SAPD imploded and the criminal groups begun walking all over them.
Criminals make excellent cops.
They can be freecops.

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal