| Date: 25-09-24  Time: 04:25 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 337
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: How can we do our job?  (Read 2946 times)

Offline Pepper

• SOUTHLAND
  • Citizen
  • Protect & Serve
How can we do our job?
« on: June 26, 2010, 20:06:08 pm »
I heard today that you can't force RP. I know this is old news, but it's now enforced more than ever. You can't pull people over and suspect them for their crime if they don't want to RP..in a RP server. I have a feeling everytime you suspect someone, they'll cry in /p that they don't want to RP.
When someone doesn't RP at a traffic stop and just takes off, I /su <ID> <crimes>[NON-RP].
So..my question is why? Why can't we roleplay, why can't people roleplay, why do they chose a RP server?
L.A.P.D
Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp. These guys comin' out of prison - they're buff, been on drugs. You do what they teach you in the academy, you will die. Knucklehead wants to take your gun, so if it's you or some 300-pound naked guy on PCP, you take his ass down any way you can - you ride with me, you back your badge.

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
Re: How can we do our job?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 20:10:47 pm »
I don't find any problem with this, since criminals never moaned about my sus reasons  :redface:

perhaps, the problem is in you.

Tips:
Clearly suspect them for a correct reason, no abbreviations, no police codees in the reason
Do not show your duty guns very often, like he is going to kill me anytime
Don't aim very often, your enforcing civillian safety, not scaring them!
Do not use metagaming in a way that makes the criminal angry.
Examples:

Good Metagame situation:
/registration suspect
* Wayne searches the suspect and finds a wallet with passport and license

Bad Metagame situation:
Suspect: selling 150 grams of weed!
* Wayne searches the suspect, finds 150 grams of weed

Using it correctly, helps to reduce the moaning.

Make sure you don't take too long in traffic stops, if he asks alot of questions, aswner it properly, or simply let him go, if you feel like it you don't want answer their questions.

If moaning happens on main chat tell them: /gu and ask for investigation. No more than that.

Avoid trying to suspect them for something like: Ramming, when it is possible to lag happen, example, don't sus for ramming if he did it 1-3 times, sus when you actually see he is not lagging, but ramming many times on purpose.

Don't suspect someone for hitting someone once, same as shooting If he does not aims, it may be a accident.

if someone doesnt want to RP a traffic stop, simply tell them, Alright, your free to go, but if you go over the speed limit again, i'll suspect you, okay?

There is no such i can't roleplay in argo, you can, that is not impossible, because i roleplay very often, i do not find problems with others roleplay.

Offline Pepper

• SOUTHLAND
  • Citizen
  • Protect & Serve
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 20:13:22 pm »
I'm just doing my job, nothing wrong with that. I pull people over if they're reckless driving ect. and if they just flat out run, I suspect them for their crime with a nice [NON-RP] tag. I'm not a corrupt or anything, I get out, strap on my badge and do a job as a real life officer.
L.A.P.D
Look sharp, act sharp, be sharp. These guys comin' out of prison - they're buff, been on drugs. You do what they teach you in the academy, you will die. Knucklehead wants to take your gun, so if it's you or some 300-pound naked guy on PCP, you take his ass down any way you can - you ride with me, you back your badge.

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 20:26:00 pm »
First, remove that non rp tag.
They are actually rping, don't you see?  :lol:
They are hiding something from you, that's it.

Offline Pepper

• SOUTHLAND
  • Citizen
  • Protect & Serve
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 20:29:53 pm »
With the [NON-RP] tag, I'm alerting other officers that the suspect will not RP. They aren't RPing. If they were, they'd pull over and attempt to hide, if you run straight from the cops, you're just a dumbass.
L.A.P.D

Offline =AV=KobraKid

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2010, 20:31:10 pm »
Pepper, Speaking to Gandalf about things like this now, all will be clarified when server issues are fixed.

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 20:34:21 pm »
With the [NON-RP] tag, I'm alerting other officers that the suspect will not RP. They aren't RPing. If they were, they'd pull over and attempt to hide, if you run straight from the cops, you're just a dumbass.
No flaming.
----
No i am not a dumbass.
Because i don't have problems with roleplay with criminals.
but you do.

Do what Brad said, go contact Gandalf, he'll give you a good answer.
Cos i can't give a good answer, i'm not pretty enough to give lessons, huh?

Offline =AV=KobraKid

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2010, 20:44:13 pm »
No flaming.
----
No i am not a dumbass.
but you do.

Wayne, I told him Gandalf was going to make a post when the forums were back up. not to go ask him about it, He's really busy atm.

Also, Both of you chill out, there is no need for an argument.

Offline Pepper

• SOUTHLAND
  • Citizen
  • Protect & Serve
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2010, 20:45:17 pm »
No flaming.
----
No i am not a dumbass.
but you do.

????
I'm just trying to get answers for this situation. Sometimes people RP, I love it when it happens, I don't have a problem with no RP, they'll just get none in return with a nice little suspect.

I'm not trying to start an argument, but this is...just beyond anything that's ever happened.
L.A.P.D

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2010, 20:46:41 pm »
Then you gotta ask all server why they do not roleplay in such situations.

You shoulda know not everyone does roleplay good in argo, sometimes they don't even try.

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2010, 22:11:33 pm »
Actually I have experienced this whenever I find a suspect on the weed field. It isn't because you are being corrupt or flaming or anything. It's just the fact that they are hiding something. Then they will get an admin then you get introuble. I would just suspect them for the correct reason and I guess I will put that [Non-RP] tag thats so other officers won't get introuble.

If they don't want to Roleplay, why are they here?  :redface:

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 23:18:34 pm »
If someone takes off at your traffic stop without making notice that he does not want to RP, then he should not be unsuspected. However, you should give him a chance to make notice...
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline Boozman

• [Retired] Academy Chief
  • Citizen
  • "Summum ius, summa iniuria"
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 23:28:16 pm »
You evade my traffic stop, your getting suspected, end of story.
If he gets unsuspected, whatever. But it is complete bullshit that this is allowed to happen.

Now anyone can say "Oh, go away I don't want to RP" just to get out of a traffic stop.
Don't want to RP? Then why the f**k would you go in to an RP server? Seriously.

I respect the rules, but people can evade anything like this...

Former LSPD Lieutenant, Academy Chief, Application Manager, SWAT Team Leader
Served August 10th, 2009 - June 10th, 2011;

Awards Achieved
Meritorious Service Medal x4
Community Policing Medal x1
Cadet of the Month (August '09)
The Vincent A. Vice 'Pat-on-the-Back' Award x1

Offline Jack

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2010, 00:45:04 am »
I'm sorry guys that i didn't read all posts.

But i have question, After i finish investigation with suspect he frisk him but he tells he don't have drugs, Then after i jail him he says "haha, I fooled ya, I have 1200 weed" or sometimes after i frisk suspect he says i don't have drugs then he smokes weed.

What to do? If i resus them after jail they will moan and say "OMG, I JUST CAME OUT OF JAIl, ADMINS,PEOPLE.....bla bla bla"

?????

Offline Mac_Cabrazi

• Citizen
  • This is the coolest badge in the world
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2010, 01:16:12 am »
if someone said that tell them this
Gandalf said that if you speed, break traffic rules, commit a crime, or even get suspected at all you are agreeing to rp with the police  :gandalf:

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2010, 03:46:43 am »
I heard today that you can't force RP. I know this is old news, but it's now enforced more than ever. You can't pull people over and suspect them for their crime if they don't want to RP..in a RP server.

Whoever told you that is completely incorrect. Gandalf stated clearly that, as Cesar has stated, if you want to not follow the law you are initiating the RP. If you pull someone over and they do not have a valid reason such as attending an event and say that they "DONT WANNA RP PLX" you can simply suspect them for the crime, and skip the RP traffic stop.

Locked.

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal