| Date: 21-09-24  Time: 04:55 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 247
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: POLL: Remove Money given after killing Suspect? [RESEARCH]  (Read 5977 times)

Offline Nexus Riggs

• Citizen
  • Former Deputy Chief
  • Badge-ID: #A107
Re: POLL: Remove Money given after killing Suspect? [RESEARCH]
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2010, 02:40:08 am »
You'll keep earning money just for killing criminals, maybe back to $100 instead of removing the reward?
Most Freecops does not care about RP'ing hey choose to catch n' kill. Perhaps a restriction of weapons to the
freecop would be nice.

Offline Champion266

• Citizen
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 18:45:47 pm »
out of 10 suspects 9 decide to fight till death and if you remove the money then the cops will barely have any money and most of the time they will even withdraw from the case the minute the suspects decides to fight till death...

NO

RayCarter

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2010, 19:54:33 pm »
The only way Cops earn money is arresting or killing suspects, and that money is often used for additional weapons such as M4, Mp5, or Combat Shotgun. or wearing Body Armor.

You should recommend some other form of Payment, such as a scheduled Pay Day.

Offline Nexus Riggs

• Citizen
  • Former Deputy Chief
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2010, 23:48:49 pm »
out of 10 suspects 9 decide to fight till death and if you remove the money then the cops will barely have any money and most of the time they will even withdraw from the case the minute the suspects decides to fight till death...

NO
Perhaps random payment would be easier according to wanted level.

Offline Fred

• Citizen
    • Skype - brunotaborda
  • Badge-ID: #145
  • SA-MP: FredericK_Collin
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2010, 10:10:24 am »

NO
Perhaps random payment would be easier according to wanted level.

Yes docman, But it will be difficult to make.
Signed,
FredericK Collin
[SA:MP] SAPD Supervisory Officer
-Serving since February of 2010

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2010, 17:07:28 pm »
  Part of the reason players prefer to die rather than be arrested. This is a general case- criminals get no joy of being jailed or investigated by cops. Because they seen it all before, cops do everything the same in a same boring robotic fashion. Cops are mostly sadistic with roleplay too, and will generally always want to dominate over other players, which means other players get punished by cops if they do not RP the way the cops want them to (which is generally "do this, do that, submit to me etc so I can read some lines from my cop manual".

Let's think for a second. I have executed, abandoned, thrown criminals in the sea. Tortured them, let them decide their own fate in a game called "wheel of justice". Used criminals as human shields, recruited them on suicide missions, chained them up and force them to chase down other criminals.  And yet why no complains? Cause they are interested, they are entertained and have fun doing something different. Even in investigation, if I have even slight hint that they are innocent, or they take the time to explain in fun but believable way why they committed crime, then I let them go free as a reward for their RP effort. I will twist the usual experience into something new or entertaining - something they didn't expect.

So you think this will improve any RP? Of course it won't. Problem here is not criminals, problem here is cops being boring and dominant and unfair to civilians/ criminals.

And for smart arses that might pick out the wrong message, I am not saying to do all the things that Ido, you wanna RP a "perfect cop" then you do it your way but you need to be perfectly fair with criminals and civilians, not treat them like shit (unless both sides are doing it) like pepperspray until they submit or die for example... then criminals might actually think "If I get arrested I might have some worthwhile RP with these players". Which is what you want... right?

Edit: Want money? Moan to your captain about how poor you are, get them to organise some cop RP where you can earn cash for doing extraordinary, uncommon cop RP - that isn't what you do on daily basis.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline ~Legend~

• [VC:MP] SWAT Lieutenant
  • Citizen
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2010, 23:33:40 pm »
I think that in either case the roleplay element is the most important factor.

The money should just be an added bonus for the service.
If there was no money involved it would definitely show those that do it for the fun of the job, to those that do it for the side rewards. I think the majority of people do it for a balance of both.

Let's think for a second. I have executed, abandoned, thrown criminals in the sea. Tortured them, let them decide their own fate in a game called "wheel of justice". Used criminals as human shields, recruited them on suicide missions, chained them up and force them to chase down other criminals.  And yet why no complains? Cause they are interested, they are entertained and have fun doing something different. Even in investigation, if I have even slight hint that they are innocent, or they take the time to explain in fun but believable way why they committed crime, then I let them go free as a reward for their RP effort. I will twist the usual experience into something new or entertaining - something they didn't expect.

That's a very good point. Some cops think it is just best to get it over and done with - a bit of running around and driving, get them to surrender, otherwise give the criminal a taste of the bullet, and perhaps even go to the effort of dragging them to jail - amidst all this "hassle" the roleplay side seems to have been missed out. I like to roleplay, whether I am a criminal or a cop, rather than just to evade/chase and shoot - that's just the same old, same old, eh? :razz: 

There are some brilliant police officers that roleplay to great depths (and fairness), as well of course. The above is just one example of a poor scenario. :)

Offline Fred

• Citizen
    • Skype - brunotaborda
  • Badge-ID: #145
  • SA-MP: FredericK_Collin
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 12:44:59 pm »
New rules for money, about you kill one suspect inside of PD car. Its good for you make patrol on PD cars.
Signed,
FredericK Collin
[SA:MP] SAPD Supervisory Officer
-Serving since February of 2010

Offline Mahome

• Citizen
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 13:02:44 pm »
You get extra 500 for using pd car when you kill a suspect. Pretty good idea I like it.  :cop:

Don't give a shit medal x9000

Offline Nexus Riggs

• Citizen
  • Former Deputy Chief
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 06:14:18 am »
You get extra 500 for using pd car when you kill a suspect. Pretty good idea I like it.  :cop:
Though increases abuse to earn bonus cash. Although it could be improved, like you must stay in the car for at least 20 second
to ensure they just don't get in 'n out just for extra profit. 

Offline Joseph_Allen

• [SA:MP] EX SAPD Senior Officer
  • Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #30 on: November 07, 2010, 06:48:23 am »
When people stop caring about cash, and killing criminals. When they start caring about having fun RPing, and letting other people have fun in the process, that's when we won't need this...

Offline ~Legend~

• [VC:MP] SWAT Lieutenant
  • Citizen
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2010, 21:51:14 pm »
When people stop caring about cash, and killing criminals. When they start caring about having fun RPing, and letting other people have fun in the process, that's when we won't need this...

Definitely. People play for different reasons - some for just pure fun/leisure and some for competition (which gives them fun, I suppose).
Money is always something in most people's minds it seems, in real life too.

Offline Ben Hells

• Argonath Defense Force, High General
  • Citizen
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2010, 00:11:58 am »
I voted no however I think they should lower the money gotten from jailing suspects back to 100 or 200. because that will still have a gain in roleplay
Medals      - Meritorious service medal
                 - Community Policing Medal

Senior Officer Ben Hells

Offline Mack

• [V:MP] Marshall Garner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: 107
  • SA-MP: Sophie_Miles
  • IV:MP: Mack
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2010, 05:53:31 am »
Now you basically get 1K for killing. I think the arrest awad either should be increased, or killing reward should be decreased. Because arresting should be encouraged rather than getting out of cruiser and firing upon with no chance for suspect to giveup/roleplay.
LSPD Academy Leader - Sergeant Marshall Garner
Los Santos Police Department
---
Ex SAPD Academy Interviewer+Instructor & Ex SWAT Operative

Offline Breeze_Red

• Citizen
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2010, 15:00:51 pm »
I vote no , because a police officer usually buys a big amount of ammunition and armors , and also repairs his car much ,
He wastes much money , in order to keep doing his work well , he must have some amount of money , as I said before , to buy weapons and make resprays - He gets some of this money by catching suspects .

Offline Champion266

• Citizen
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2010, 15:46:13 pm »
no but i think the extra 500 dollar bonus for using a police vehicle should be removed.Many cops who before tried to jail for 1k more now directly shoot since they dont care about just 500 dollars...

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal