| Date: 27-09-24  Time: 17:33 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 333
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Wait  (Read 3181 times)

Offline Tovenaarke

• Citizen
  • Official Most Friendly Cop 2008
  • Badge-ID: #LS0246
Wait
« on: April 01, 2008, 12:05:04 pm »
Hey all,

I was just wondering.

All cops were on patrol, no cars were avaible... and then... What should other cops need to do?
Well our previous chief (Luca) tried to to set up a dispach team. Maybe we can build it furter:

1) There is one or two ppl who were waiting in the hall after the desk to help incomming ppl
2) all other cops who were on duty, but has 'no job', 'wait' in the PD.
3) They can do some paperwork like typing arrests, looking for criminals, (eat donuts), ...
3b) Work in diffirend rooms (they were alot in LS for exemple)
4) It's like much more RP.

Why?
* More use of the /call 911 line (more RP).
* Help could be quicker and more in team.
* If higher ranked officer need special forces, they can be get quickly

Greetz
- Sen. Off. Tov.  :cop:

Offline Chainsaw

• Citizen
Re: Wait
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 19:40:05 pm »
Wor i like this idea. There could be a seperate police job such as Call Taker or something so when people call 911 they can answer it and lead the differant TEAMS  to differant jobs instead of having 20 cops forone thing as petty as driving violation.

Offline Inkognito.

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 19:55:48 pm »
Heh Great Idea. But something have to be fixed. If cops receive call they cant use /pickup. So if we transfer 911 chan to CB radio it would be better. In CB radio we can ask more about situation and etc...
Im plussing something till your idea Toven. All cops should get salary each 24 minutes of server. If game clock will be added (24 minutes = 24 hours ( 1 day&1 Night ) in game) each game day cop will get 2000$ (for e.g.) Free cop - 1000, cadet 1500, Officer 2500, captain... Its maximum cash each 24 minutes. If cop were on duty 24 minutes of 24 - he will get maximum. If he worked half day (12 minutes of 24) he will get half salary... Bigger salary should be for office cops, because they job is harder - to do nothing and wait for calls. Eh... Thats all :) System like that would be awsome

Inkognito de Lena,
Ex FBI Agent, Resigned due Activity issues,
SAPD Officer, awarded with Meritorious service medal

Offline James_Hunter

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 20:01:28 pm »
I do this anyway and recommend people to do so also, with a lot of people (shock, horror) it might actualy look like a building we use, other then for '/duty'. A few things to remember;

- Processing; this means your recording criminal files, ensuring the suspect knows why he is being arrested and his rights before taking him to jail.

- Paper work; going AFK? Sit at a desk! Make the place look like it's in use.

- Bored; Do reception duty, I have, it can be fun, you get people coming in with questions to find empty desks.

Good luck out there! (Or in there!)

Offline Emilio

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 20:02:22 pm »
Hey all,

I was just wondering.

All cops were on patrol, no cars were avaible... and then... What should other cops need to do?
Well our previous chief (Luca) tried to to set up a dispach team. Maybe we can build it furter:

1) There is one or two ppl who were waiting in the hall after the desk to help incomming ppl
2) all other cops who were on duty, but has 'no job', 'wait' in the PD.
3) They can do some paperwork like typing arrests, looking for criminals, (eat donuts), ...
3b) Work in diffirend rooms (they were alot in LS for exemple)
4) It's like much more RP.

Why?
* More use of the /call 911 line (more RP).
* Help could be quicker and more in team.
* If higher ranked officer need special forces, they can be get quickly

Greetz

Actually you don't need the Chief to do this

When there is no cars i foot patrol the area around the PD , asking the citizens how they are doing and solve the problems in the street etc...
And some other times i take reports at the PD , you can do this by yourself if you are a good rper .

Offline Brokman

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2008, 15:54:18 pm »
If we stay in PD for wait a call, who will make the patrol ? and who will go for the responding ?(( all guys run to the car and the first at parking go :D ))
If more policemen stay in PD, first is more RP(we can talke with overs guys, have a fun) and citizen will understand the hard job we do when they will see the mess in city.
I already stay in PD for some time, i never saw anyone (( only came for /duty or jail))  :neutral:
But if they give us a salary, this will be very interesting  :rules: but if free cops have a too big salary, all players will take the cops job, so salary must  exist for all jobs . And so, no more rewards for a jail, a kill, a heal,....
But the idea is interesting Tove, but all must do this , for exemple, we see a lot of cops and ARPD (( and me too)) who stay outside of LSPD, why don't do the same inside ??

Officer Brokman

Offline Tovenaarke

• Citizen
  • Official Most Friendly Cop 2008
  • Badge-ID: #LS0246
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2008, 16:12:27 pm »
Agree with you Broke,

Well, I see it that way:
Many cops were yelling: 'no cars at PD' (and they were right), 'Arg, no fuel' (also true), and so on... So maybe the policeman who were doing nothing (means no patrolling) should stay at PD. It would be nice when this happend:

* 3 copduos/city patrolling, Best would be 1officer + 1 cadet
* All cops who were waiting, or running away (for nothing), stays at PD, and waiting for calls. If there is a code 30/2/3, they can go on action...

Actually, the  :money: problem... I don't care anymore about the  :money: If I need  :money: I go on events and help... And that should be the way of every cop (and I know it doesn't count for me alone...).

Greetz

:ps: thx for the reaction!

Frederick

(( Re: Wait ))
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2008, 22:01:15 pm »
(( The idea is nice.  I either go on foot patrol, or stay in the police department as a receptionist or at my office, when no police vehicles are around.  The idea is actually as simple as this:  No police vehicles around?  Go on foot patrol if you want action, or get into the police department and help the public with their answers, or do some dispatch.  I do dispatch myself sometimes, when there are no police vehicles around.  It is actually quite fun.  Now, about the idea of allowing officers and cadets to get a salary, it's a total "No No" from me.  That will be unfair to other jobs, it will cause havoc, and it gives an advantage to those who decide to become an officer.  Let's say there is someone, who does not want the money, but is a true role player, and they do not become an officer, but rather, become a taxi driver or pick up some other occupation.  All the others who are after the money and become an officer (most of them, not all, as some people might just love the job) will gain money easily, while the other "true role player" is struggling to earn money.  This also ruins the roleplay a bit, as now the real role players don't have much to do anymore.  There's like probably ninety percent of the server as police.  So, I say no to the salary part.  I like Argonath how it is, where you earn your money, instead of going away from keyboard, and just earning a paycheck every hour or so. ))

Offline Inkognito.

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2008, 13:32:01 pm »
The idea is nice.  I either go on foot patrol, or stay in the PD as a receptionist or at my office, when no PD vehicles are around.  The idea is actually as simple as this:  No PD vehicles around?  Go on foot patrol if you want action, or get into the PD and help the public with their answers, or do some dispatch.  I do dispatch myself sometimes, when there are no PD vehicles around.  It is actually quite fun.  Now, about the idea of allowing officers and cadets to get a salery, it's a total "No No" from me.  That will be unfair to other jobs, it will cause havoc, and it gives an advantage to those who decide to become an officer.  Let's say there is someone, who does not want the money, but is a true RPer, and they do not become an officer, but rather, become a taxi driver or pick up some other occupation.  All the others who are after the money and become an officer (most of them, not all, as some people might just love the job) will gain money easily, while the other "True RPer" is struggling to earn money.  This also ruins the roleplay a bit, as now the real RPers don't have much to do anymore.  There's like probably ninety percent of the server as police.  So, I say no to the salery part.  I like Argonath how it is, where you earn your money, instead of going away from keyboard, and just earning a paycheck every hour or so.

Salary should be paid in all jobs, not only for cops. If it should be for cops only - that will be a totaly bull <...>. Everyone who works in official state work like driver/policeman etc. will get salary + bonus (300$ for neutralising suspect and 600$ for jailing suspect). Drivers salary should be about that how much they damaged him work car and other persons car, how much he been breaking speed limits + tip of passanger. I don't know, but salary system in game would be nice.

Inkognito de Lena,

Offline Polopolo

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2008, 17:11:17 pm »
Salary is ok, but only for if you did something.

You did nothing = no/less cash.
You did very much for ARPD = More cash

i have no big problem with it, only, if people join for ARPD for this, then I think the quality of the ARPD is lower then it is now.

Offline Brokman

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2008, 18:32:42 pm »
Salary can't depend of your activity for ARPD,
1-  all cops are'nt allaways in patrol or in chase as a RPing, must stay sometime inside the PD, waiting for a code 30 or 3 (it's the subject of the    tove's topic  :D)
2- it's too hard for admins to make an "activity salary"

-Freecops musn't have a salary, cause they are "free" and so.... :rules:
so for them, as now, only the reward (or bonus)
-a Cadet(and now it's realy interesting to become a cadet for them) has a little salary :money:
(( $$/hours => collects exemple: 30min one day,10 an over and 20 an overs and : "this is our salary, good work"))
-an officer, more than a cadet :money: :money:
-a Senior Officer more than an Officer ((they have to economize for retirement :lol:)) :money: :money: :money:
-a Sergent more than an Senior officer :money: :money: :money: :money:
-a Captain more than a Senior officer :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:
- And a Chief, the best Salary. :money: :money: :money: :money: :money: :money:

==> first: is more RP, second: this suport the RPing  ((I have no idea of the sum of the salary  :neutral: personaly, i don't need a lot))

Of curse, this must be during for all overs jobs

Officer Brokman

Offline Inkognito.

• Citizen
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2008, 19:14:08 pm »
Salary is ok, but only for if you did something.

You did nothing = no/less cash.
You did very much for ARPD = More cash

i have no big problem with it, only, if people join for ARPD for this, then I think the quality of the ARPD is lower then it is now.

If someone join for that - he can be fired for bad working or something. ARPD would need groups like Bookkeeper who choose the salary for ARPD cadets/officers.... They have to watch them work and etc. If they think he was bad officer - he get minimum. If better - he get more plus bonus :)

Inkognito de Lena,

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal