| Date: 25-09-24  Time: 10:28 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 244
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: An issue with the new ARPD structure and how its used.  (Read 3291 times)

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
An issue with the new ARPD structure and how its used.
« on: December 13, 2007, 04:45:12 am »
 :mad: :mad:
Yes its 0340 and this has me so annoyed I cant sleept and have had to put this in...
 :mad: :mad:
Yesterday I saw a number of things I hoped I wasn’t going to see but sort of knew was going to happen.

There was under 20 people online with virtually all in LS
The LSPD Chief asked an LV officer which dept he was in, I believe this was to get the officer to admit that he was in LS although an LV officer.  The officer in question held back and answer for a little while but was asked again, and he answered.  The immediate response from the LSPD chief was to order the LV officer OUT of LS…

You may think what was wrong with that, after all it’s a LV officer in LS..

Well here’s a different story but with the same cause as you will see.

I observed as a civilian (otherwise bored off duty SFPD cadet) two LS units STOP and abort chasing a criminal at the Flint Intersection bridge, I mean they just stopped and then turned around, leaving the criminal free…

Well here’s another similar story but again with the same cause as you will see.

While as SFPD cadet I observed on the r channel the chief of LSPD ordering units NOT to continue chase beyond the LSPD jurisdiction, AND ordering those units that had to return!

In real life with different states or countries this jurisdiction issue would make some sense… but I don’t see the SA region as big enough to hold these restrictions…..
Yes if your say an LSPD cop your primary jurisdiction is LS, however… you don’t just give up cos the suspect has entered another jurisdiction, after all your still supposedly a member of the Argonath PD… and yes I opened that up on purpose.. its not just LSPD but Argonath PD!!.  What it does man that if you are working away from you normal jurisdiction you keep an eye on your own, so you may well ened up paying out for more fuel than others but its better that way that having a guy driving around an empty town enforcing the law as easy as a brick can.

Just how long would those LS cops last and hang around if they had to patrol say SF or Bone County with everyone else in LS.

There are insufficient numbers to hold this jurisdiction shield as it has been so far, and if its held LV, SF AND Dillmore will have almost no cops as most have singed for LS, those there will not do much for most the time, and when there is action there will be too few to be able to do anything….. (try dealing with 4 suspects when you’re the only cop! and they are armed much better)

Until the ALL other Depts are upto  full strength on officers at least, this restriction needs to be lifted.

SF has almost no active officers that I am aware of, and a rather small number of Cadets, and its looking like that might be for a while (at least from what I can see).

Dillmore has no chief, and other similar problems to SF.

LV, has a Chief, although tbh timing has meant I have ararely seen him on as chief, but that the world timezones for you.  It does have a number of capable officers, a number of which have helped me out in SF, and I vice versa.

For the moment my colleagues from LV have asked permission to enter SF, and as often the senior representative from the SF Dept online I give open permission as I have no wish to obstruct justice… (says a lot doesn’t it, a cadet as often sole member of SPFD online, on duty), it also doesn’t help when every Tom Dick and Harry comes rushing into SF to confess when only 1 cadet present with a 9mm, I need a friggin tank and sit at the cathedral every time I get hint something coming, its non-rp and I wont do it that...  Solution - either more officers in SF or that confess dumped, 1 man armies don’t work in Argonath.

The LSPD chief also had all his staff come to SF for a ‘training’ exercise  (see pictures elsewhere), and SFPD had no knowledge that this was going to happen.  LSPD chief is just that..

We had a kidnapping yesterday, not sure where it originated from but it ended in SF.. the request was put out for a major response from other departments as there was only 1 officer and 2 cadets in SF at the time, it took far too long for a reaction, LSPD dawdling about staying in convoy it seemed from the comms channel, (guy kidnapped, time frame put on, response should be quick!)

I see ARPD as the department and the LSP Division! SFP Division.. etc… we are all part of the same, just based in different parts of the Argonath state.

A criminal stays as such no matter where he is, a cop it seems its only good in his own jurisdiction, outside their own they are a waste of time as they are not being allowed to do their jobs!

I work as an Air unit which theoretically would not have the same restrictions, partly down to the ability to go anywhere at a better rate of speed (but actually not much better), but also the lack of them in the server.

I try and stay within SF area when there are individual in SF, and am often called up having to rush from SF to LS, when I will often stay around for a while.  I often report my presence in the LS airspace so that LS units are aware that support is available.  I have done all sorts from encouraging suspects swimming at sea to land, picking up fellow police from a jetmax (was not easy hovering over the bow), transporting officers that have lost their transport back to their PD’s…etc

Much of this will stop if you really want the jurisidictions as tight as they are being ran in LS..
Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

Offline Luca_Scalise

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
  • 2007 July - 2008 February
Re: An issue with the new ARPD structure and how its used.
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2007, 13:56:18 pm »
Each Department should have enough patrols in all its territory, and i can't bring my units into the other cities and leave Los Santos in the Chaos, only in case of kidnapp or something REAL serious, the LSPD units will keep chasing the criminal... Otherwise they will come back into the Los Santos boundaries.

If the ARPD has 4 divisions, you have to patrol the assigned zone.. thats what is meant for.. i don't understand why an LV officer has to patrol LS if we got like 20 people (Officers and cadets) already there.. if you want to come in LS for patrol, join the LSPD...

I have enough officers and cadets at the moment, a lot of people want to join the LSPD... i can't take care also of the SFPD, DPD, and LVPD officers. So please EXCEPT FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS like kidnapps or terrorist act, do not come in Los Santos if you are not a LSPD Unit.

Regards, the LSPD Chief

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2007, 14:28:41 pm »
Each Department should have enough patrols in all its territory, and i can't bring my units into the other cities and leave Los Santos in the Chaos, only in case of kidnapp or something REAL serious, the LSPD units will keep chasing the criminal... Otherwise they will come back into the Los Santos boundaries.

In that case STOP anymore joining LSPD as they seem to have about 90% of the police units

If the ARPD has 4 divisions, you have to patrol the assigned zone.. thats what is meant for.. i don't understand why an LV officer has to patrol LS if we got like 20 people (Officers and cadets) already there.. if you want to come in LS for patrol, join the LSPD...

Those 20 were pretty much in LS, with only 1 or 2 outside, including me for a brief time.

I have enough officers and cadets at the moment, a lot of people want to join the LSPD... i can't take care also of the SFPD, DPD, and LVPD officers. So please EXCEPT FOR EMERGENCY SITUATIONS like kidnapps or terrorist act, do not come in Los Santos if you are not a LSPD Unit.

Again stop recruiting for LSPD, you have said you have enough...

I am not saying you need to care for the other Dp's, just give them chance to play in the game as its just that, your attitude will stop other joining other depts since they will not be able to go where frequently the others on the server are present!

I will also NOT join LSPD after ordered as a cadet to beat a criminal by an officer of that department...I should also not fo stood thier and responded to the police complaints authority, I just wish I had piccies as that I am sure should of meant removal of that officer from thier current postion, and yes its RP but the postion this officer holds should mean they are not corrupt and not ordering a beating of a criminal, no matter what the crime was.

Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

Offline Luca_Scalise

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
  • 2007 July - 2008 February
« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2007, 15:37:22 pm »
Infact the LSPD recruitment is closed, and the LSPD has only 13 members, all the other cops in LS are non-arpd.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2007, 23:21:19 pm »
A police cadet in the free cop skin (cadet skin) or ARPD cadet is not bound by the jurisdictions, as a cadet is free to try out any Department and is not binded by just the one.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2007, 23:45:24 pm »
I also witnessed a group of Armed Criminals who were being weakened by Police Officers head into Flint, and they literally tripped over each other to not set a single wheel onto the Bridge.

This situation needs to be sorted out. I understand why you do it. Today when I was with Onkle_Benny, I was trying to lose the cops to explain something to him, and whenever I entered LS, SF, or LV I was instantly jumped upon by Police. However, many people did not join the LSPD because despite their wish to be in LS, they don't like the way Luca likes to run his department. DPD needs a Chief, by the way. As other Officers from the cities feel ill if they see Grass and Trees Criminals just sit in Whetstone, smoking weed, eating Food, and buying Guns.

I'll quickly make a rundown of the ARPD Departments:

Los Santos PD: Many disagree with the Chief's decisions on the ARPD, particularly the policy on Gang Membership. LSPD members cannot chase suspects who committed a Crime in LS outside into the countryside, and are basically imprisoned in the City. They only go outside to other places to Train in the other PD's facilities. Without Permission.

Countryside DPD: Was usually the most active ARPD department, and having the largest area to cover meant that Patrols were a little more interesting. DPD was always able to go into SF, LV or LS very quickly if needed, being situated centrally and all. Now that it has no Chief, is lacking in.. existence.

San Fierro PD: Was usually one of the most professional PDs. Now that the Confess area is there, all criminals head there. Unfortunately, nobody can remove the inactive Chief there, so nothing is getting done. CB is like, the only Cop I ever see in San Fierro. He is also one of the most professional I have seen. Also I know that if I leave SF he will follow me, so I actually make an effort to lose him first, possibly leading to my demise in the event I make a mistake.

Las Venturas PD: I don't know much about this PD. At the moment, it is really the PD for people who don't like LSPD, since DPD and SFPD are dead right now due to the lack of active/existant Chiefs. It stands to question that the only Cop committed to chasing me when I went to LV today actually followed me from San Fierro.

This duristriction shield must be lifted until you can actually get DPD into action and SFPD working. I believe that if these things happen, it actually could work to some extent. But only if the Criminals are literally handed off to the other departments cops at the border. Not just abandoned and left to keep going unchecked because they "Went from LS".
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline Josh_Hernandez

• Citizen
  • FBI Agent,C.R.A.S.H. Member
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2007, 01:43:59 am »
I call this Great Rping on the chief's behalf... Theres nothing wrong,Its RP for gods sake?!?!

Best Regards, :D
[ALS]Dune
Josh_Hernandez/Dune_Lawson

Offline rex1985

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 02:03:21 am »
all this is totally true me mike and jay are only LVPD regular officers and are the only ones who respond to major incidents  CBF helps us because noone else from LS it to lazy to attend even the cop kidnapping on montanas hotel which originally come from ls i think it took them to long to respond but our 3 lvpd units and cbf were first at the scene

Offline [R*]Petey

• Citizen
  • work as a team, you will always get your man :)
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 02:07:52 am »
the one thing i didnt like, what i saw yesterday when there was only about 7-8 people online, the only cops that were on duty were LS ones and they would not chase the suspect if he/she left LS..
really the suspect could of gone anywhere and not set foot in LS and he/she was free.. it was not until i told them to keep going after them that they did... under the conditions of players when there is not many people on theres no point staying in your area.. the suspects could just sit down out side the border and do nothing

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 02:30:43 am »
That first incident you mention Panda... I saw the police comms about that and its part of what got on my nerve, which got worse later.

However...

What you will currently find is a small number of cops across multiple depts are actually working co-operatively, and assist each other quite a bit, it helps that we often share a common TS (LVPD or SFPD) channel, depending on who has logged on first.  We do have split if we have need for less numbers if an incident is happening in the different depts.

These cadets and officers worked together as cadets across the region prior to the recent rebuild of ARPD and have got to know each others abilities and skills, often knowing just who to call for certain incidents.  This has mant getting the right reasponse for the right incident, I dont fly helo all the time anymore for just that reason..

Some good news..

Tonight actually saw one of the best RP's I have seen in ages and it involved most of the then online server..  It also showed how things might work if handled right, not saying we got it completely right but it wasn't bad, and did involve multiple departments.

All police units had become aware of a possible race being setup, an illegal race.
Myself and a number of other cadets and officers from outside LS decided that if the susepct was heading to LV, which again we had found out, that we would set up a roadblock on a route we thought the suspect would take (we got very very lucky!).
We had picked up 4 DPD ranchers on route and had a SPFD squad car too, we blocked the freeway between LV and LS.. (even letting a civvy through a gap).  One of our units conversed with a LSPD unit and asked them if they could encourage the suspect to come our way.....  It took time and we had an interesting reaction as the suspect was unaware it was going to be present, all units then took on chase back into LS, with LSPD units eventually making the arrest in Red County.  Jurisdiction was ignored during this and although units did then return to thier jursidictions at the time it had not seemed imporant.

This shows different DP's can co-operate successfully, their is nothing wrong with holding back, but its knowing when to hold back and when to carry on.., the other DPs do not yet have the numbers to carry out thier duties effectively, so currently chases shoud not end at jurisdiction boundaries.   As Panda says in time it can work but only once all dp's are at strength and get suspects handed over.

Today as senoir SF unit online I gave on a number of occasions open permission for units to enter SF while in chase.  Afterall if they already got into SF, a single cop with a 9mm is not going to stop them reaching the church, especially from a standing start.

Also as Panda knows.. its hard to loose a Police Helo, and even worse when that helo is guiding ground units in via ts.  Co-operation is the answer..

Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal