| Date: 30-09-24  Time: 01:28 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 272
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: ARPD Proposal  (Read 2314 times)

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
ARPD Proposal
« on: February 13, 2008, 17:19:03 pm »
This proposal was written before Aragons talk at the RockStar Hotel to thos interested in the future of the ARPD and does not include ideas that came from that meeting.

I believe that this proposal below does not cause issues but is here for discussion purposes and could lead to the members of this forum to help build a better ARPD taking the best of what has been before and what is working now.

Cb.

ARPD Proposal

The current system has one pd and effectively just one office

The command reflected this with a very heavy responsibility on the Chief.

My proposal adds sub-division, although at deployment and structure, but with less affect on the actual street cops

This proposal is to re-instate the old Pd’s as office's.

I am aware that one of the problems of the previous system was few wanted to be in these other districts and these other districts where also relatively quiet for most of the time.

However there are still a fair number of occasion when a suspect heads out of the LS region to escape and finds that he is chased by cops, but not actually intercepted by cops already out in these outer regions, one thing I did quite a bit of before the fold up of external pd’s

The biggest difference is how the jurisdiction works, in simple, as it is now, the jurisdiction is total. Officers are all part of one department, no matter which police office is their base…

One thought has been if a reginional captain etc disappears from an region on leave etc then that region would suffer, this is where the proposal has these officers as part of a the whole dept, so if they are absence another officer can cover with ease, as the rights are not office dependant.

This could easily be implemented with officers choosing which office to call home, this would be the office they are expected to come onto regular duty, but does not stop them using other offices if they happen to be required at short noticed, or had a ‘crash’ nearby.

The current police vehicles could be kept or reduced to one regional squad car type for all to release these vehicle spots to the swat van etc..

The running of the whole department would have a chief as such but decisions would be among a number of representatives, including at least one from the lower end to represent the general cops, this is apparent in many modern organisations with this latter role being equivalent to a union representative.  Proposals would be looked over and would likely take a 1-2 weeks minimum just to approve as many factors need to be considered such as reality, role-playability, game play and server limits.

The current training system will work if maintained the frequency is a little more than 2 weeks unless no cadets require training.

The pd’s size should reflect the sheer size of the map, although it can be advised at times for officers to base themselves at an outer regional office, although as said this does not stop them patrolling LS, just means they are on first call for their region..

SWAT would be selected from all regional offices as well as the main HQ

FBI would work much as it stands with potential candidates coming from all over, including the SAPD, ideally the senior members of the SADP would know how to interface under operational requirements with the FBI, knowing when to ask for help and when to assist as required, also the FBI would be expected to have individuals who are also suited to carry out interface work with the SAPD.

The radio system is pretty good now, although the names of the channels need the word Unit removing as some are getting rather confused as to being id5 in ts channel unit 2 and reporting as unit 2 on comms…
I see only 2 general branch’s of general work, that is the Highway Patrol and Met Patrol.

The primary responsibility of the Highway patrol would be to patrol the areas between the 3 main cities, particularly watching the high speed routes, these of course working from a office that suits where they intended patrolling.

The Met Patrol is for the respective regional built up area they are based in, leaving the highway patrols to watch outside.

These branch’s would reflect your ‘primary’ role, and can be carried out in many ways.  All SAPD units would be allowed to change patrol area at will during their time on line, although advising senior controllers might be an idea in case something is up.

Use of Teamspeak would be heavily advised, although is not 100% required as this would deter those that don’t have the suitability to do so, and there are a number in this position.  Teamspeak adds a bit more flexibility to the comms but is not actually required as there are alternative comms methods that can be be used.

You will notice I did not mention helicopter units, these would be as required, and can be used by either highway or met units, in fact often are doing both.  This may in time become a skilled branch of its own, but not at the moment.
Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

Offline Alsatian

• Citizen
  • SATC Commissioner [WS]Alsatian
Re: ARPD Proposal
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 17:58:14 pm »
I like it, sounds good  :)
Jonathan Matthews
> x1 > x1

Offline [R*]Pancher

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: [Rstar]Pancher
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 19:01:53 pm »
I can see u really have think about it and as Drib sad, "it's sounds good"!

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 18:49:34 pm »
I thought hard about what had been working and what was failing.

I just hope that the senoir users see it
Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

Offline Tovenaarke

• Citizen
  • Official Most Friendly Cop 2008
  • Badge-ID: #LS0246
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 20:29:07 pm »
I did (and it was a long one :-))

I'm behind you (sorry i scipped a fiew lines, no time for long texts :redface: )

Greetz
- Senior Officer Tovenaarke

Offline SteveRiptor

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #309
  • SA-MP: Jack_Riptor
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 23:54:25 pm »
Your concept looks good. :gandalf:

Offline Aaron_Axten

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 22:34:25 pm »
it is good i think it will be a more suitable system such as i was originaly sfpd also to all people who know me and want to know wen in i am on to hang i am on 20th of feb wensday till sunday gmt time.

-------------------------------------------------------
sincerely officer Aaron_Axten and helicopter support unit

Offline Hank_Rafferty

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2008, 14:38:02 pm »
The ARPD object has changed. Having ARPD rights with SAPD officer rank means, you can
role-play a cop properly.

From now, the criminal role-players can be trained, and they can get ARPD rights.
Of course when they are in cop role-play, they must loose their gang tags.

We have two restricted group inside the ARPD, which accepts only cop role-players.
This is the Swat, and FBI.

Being an ARPD officer is not a 0/24 job, so we cant accept this idea, however i like it
very much, and in the future maybe it come true.

" Knowing is not enough we must apply
                 Willing is not enough we must do. ,,   -B.L.

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2008, 14:41:23 pm »
I believe many features of this proposal are possible even without cops on duty 24/7, if anything it allows a bit more openess that the prior systems, although I am not entirely on full knowledge on your own plans.

its only a proposal and does not require accepting, but there are ideas that may help to make ARPD/SAPD better
Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal