| Date: 29-09-24  Time: 13:20 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 283
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 1
  • Dot Users Online:

* Search

Author Topic: [SA] Over-complicated and unessecary bullshit.  (Read 8139 times)

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
Re: [SA] Over-complicated and unessecary bullshit.
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2010, 22:11:13 pm »
Shooting in front of people is part of learning to fight.
Did nobody actually do any SAMP combat training on this server?..

The combat also has no spread, so I don't know what you mean by that.
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline Gird3r

• Citizen
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2010, 23:47:18 pm »
Shooting in front of people is part of learning to fight.
Did nobody actually do any SAMP combat training on this server?..

The combat also has no spread, so I don't know what you mean by that.

I will look up more info on the combat shotgun, so far it fires pellets as I know it.

Sorry Panda I'm only used to mta:vc fighting. Damn gotta love that Stubby shotgun. Sucked tough that once you were hit there was an 1 % chance of escaping.

I still don't know why aiming in thin air would be called "aiming". I mean... it's thin air.
Donuts.
Sandvich.

I love them so much.

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2010, 01:45:47 am »
Easiest job on server is being a hobo and dancing in front of LSPD for cash. Probably worst paying too though!
Hey! i got about 4000 once a time by a rich man when i was dancing!

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2010, 03:40:45 am »
I will look up more info on the combat shotgun, so far it fires pellets as I know it.

Sorry Panda I'm only used to mta:vc fighting. Damn gotta love that Stubby shotgun. Sucked tough that once you were hit there was an 1 % chance of escaping.
The robber's stubby is a 5 spread shotgun that destroys everything.
The SAMP combat is more like a semi automatic sniper rifle, in that it fires pellets with only tiny spread, even over distances amounting to many dozens of yards.

I still don't know why aiming in thin air would be called "aiming". I mean... it's thin air.
Just part of SAMP combat.. you have to quickly ascertain how badly they're lagging, and then aim accordingly. Learn your own ping, learn to account for that, learn how much lag players from certain countries have, learn which players are from where, and finally learn to actually predict movements before you see them.
What do you get?..
You can actually finally f**king hit Giac for once. Wayne's a lost cause though, since his lag is around 27 minutes. :roll:
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline Hank_Rafferty

• Citizen
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2010, 05:39:39 am »
 The SAPD training procedure is designed to help understand a somewhat realistic police force as a guideline for new cops to know what to do in certain situations.

If you can roleplay, and do not want to use codes, or want to model your cop RP on something other than "realistic cop", then you don't have to, just prove you can communicate to other players in a understandable way.

I will use myself as an example:
  I play as a drunken country Sheriff, I don't care/ regard any SAPD laws, I simply do what I think is right and just. This could involve executing serial offenders, dumping in the desert to die, deporting them to Mexico, letting murderers off with a fine... etc. I don't use codes, I bash the radio and shout obscenities in it now and then, and I respect the player not the rank. You will not see me saluting or being saluted.

My point is, there is no right or wrong way to roleplay a cop, but you should develop your own RP character and do what YOU like. If that is being a corrupt cop, that's fine. If it's being a perfect rolemodel cop, that's fine too. It is the roleplay that you get out that you will find more enjoyable than if you went round being ROBOT COP talking in codes, living by SAPD guidelines and having no personality.

So a quick way to improve your RP skill and gain rank and respect in SAPD? Find a cop character you like and base your RP on him. Personally I play my cop RP on stereotype of country redneck!

Actually Jcs said everything.

We dont force anybody to join the ARPD and use the codes, everybody joins by themselves. If you join, you get trained, and we teach you the basic codes while patroling. We never disallowed to print the codes or district names because this is not a Real Life police academy. We only want that, once their is a situation.. and you hear something on the radio, atleast have some idea whats going on and where. If we wouldnt teach anything to the SAPD cadets and officers, actually we could give the ARPD officer badge to anybody who just joined the server today. The SAPD is modeling a real life police department, but you can find your own style of RP. We give you an empty book with dust-wrap, but you have to write your own story in it.

I lock the topic because this is a mourn over the past. SAMP is here... but we dont know how long, maybe IVMP will be the new trend, and SAMP will be forgotten same as MTAVC. Until that we are here, and play together, try to have some fun... here, in the PRESENT.

Locked.

" Knowing is not enough we must apply
                 Willing is not enough we must do. ,,   -B.L.

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal