| Date: 07-10-24  Time: 21:42 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 365
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Great routine pull over  (Read 6113 times)

Offline Larry Lawless

• Citizen
Re: Great routine pull over
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2011, 02:20:41 am »
Technically while you all are saying that is "Indeed the wrong way to park your Squad", well, basically, he parked his Patrol Squad to the left of the vehicle, this is the way NYPD does it in New York City, and also NYSP(New York State Police) and NYPD have conjuncted into this little maneuver they both have Started, NYPD has been doing this longer than most State Patrols, and it DOES increase safety for the civilian and Officer on the Stop.It's a great way too learn, if you all would like too know how to do so, Just contact me as it's a Medium Adaptation to get used too.This is very useful.

Good Work Mike.

Offline Chief Alex_Zissou

• Argonath Fire Department Company Chief
  • Citizen
  • SAFD Training Officer
Re: Great routine pull over
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2011, 11:04:52 am »
I'm not sure if you guys are aware, I am because I have answered a shooting/gun shot wounds medical aid call before(irl). Officer park like that also because to just about all small arm ammunition. The engine block is BULLET PROOF. The door panels are bullet resistant. If shots are fired I don't know about you but I am hiding behind the engine before the door panel. That is the MAIN reason officers/deputy's/troopers park like this. It is NOT to protect from vehicles. Mike you should know this as a fellow fire fighter. If a car is going down the road at 55mph, one vehicle WILL NOT stop it. You will get a domino effect. The vehicle will collide with the cop cars rear drivers quarter panel, the cop car will spin/slide to the right(passenger side). The primary vehicle(that was speeding) will glance, not move, glance off that and most likely still strike the officer. I actually just finished a class in traffic collision reconstruction. I have actually seen if before however the officer saw it coming and ran.

THP Trooper Rodney Redmon Traffic Stop Video
That is the glancing effect I mentioned. Officer was struck while getting in his car. 

srt8 challenger gets rear ended
Please not, there is nothing stopping the Challenger, even in a low speed accident, the Challenger would have hit any car in front of it.

Rear end collision
Both vehicles, nothing to stop them, the roll to a stop.

Massive Roadside Car Crash
Another reference, the vehicle doesn't even come close to impacting the cruiser.

It depends on the EXACT position of the vehicles where they ultimately end up. However from this picture, I don't believe if this was real life that Mike would be saved. If he parked roughly 10ft farther. Then it might because the vehicle would have time to slow after impact.
LiveSTRONG: Unity is strength, knowledge is power and attitude is everything.
Rest in Peace: Jason McKay, Jess McLean, Daniel Najera,Captain Mark Loutzenhiser, and Pablo Cerda. BDF United States Forestry Service Engine 57
[

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal