| Date: 24-09-24  Time: 13:16 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[Yesterday at 07:17:12]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 300
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: i would like to clarify something..  (Read 1924 times)

Offline John_Smith

• Citizen
i would like to clarify something..
« on: June 17, 2008, 13:48:26 pm »
So there are the rules about weapons usage http://arpd.argonathrpg.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=34&topic=1172.0
The law says that in common cases, the ARPD officer must use the basic gear (Nightstick, Desert Eagle and the shotgun). So i would like to clarify something.. today running away from police unarmed i was being shot at with sawn-offs by Lionz. Is shooting unarmed suspect with m4, smg, sawnoffs or whatever officer has bought himself law/rules abuse or not? I, personally, could not find anything about this in rules so i thought i would post a topic instead of pm'ing someone since this affects everyone.

Offline Tovenaarke

• Citizen
  • Official Most Friendly Cop 2008
  • Badge-ID: #LS0246
Re: i would like to clarify something..
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2008, 17:03:54 pm »
Hey Officer,

Yes you were right in that case that we can't use other weapons than nightstick, Deagle and Shotgun... But,
If the officers were in dangers... means any kind of danger (can be a car or a simple hit), they can defend theirselfs.
Does means with whatever you do...

If you say that you were bad treathed, you can always report officers. We will investigate and so on...

Greetz
- Serg. Tov.  :cop:

(ps I'm not saying you did something wrong, I just would clear it a bit)

Offline Jaaskaa

• Citizen
  • THE Man
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2008, 20:05:50 pm »
FBI rules about use of force and deadle force :
Here is what is now being applied for FBI agents and cadets :

Use of force and deadly force :

-Force is defined by injuring a suspect to stop him, to be used if a suspect try to flee in a car or on foot (Blowing car tires or shooting near a running suspect). It can also be used for a suspect who charge you, since he can have a knife and want to try to kill you. When to stop : If health bar get low, suspect stop or that he surrender. Force can also be recognized by some law enforcement agencies as asking to surrender, which should be done like the following : /m This is the FBI, surrender now, put your hands up now !
or something that look like this

-Deadly force is defined by killing a suspect to protect a cop, yourself or a civilan. In which case can you open fire to kill : When suspect point a weapon at any of the 3 that are told before, when suspect is shooting or when suspect is attacking (Katana and such). Also use if a suspect don't want to stop. A suspect who tries to ram through a roadblock and get killed by the cops is considered as good, since he rammed but don't kill people wanted for not paying a ticket, use your judgement !

Unauthorized use of force :
Suspect have hands up or is not moving. Using force against a civilan is against every rules, we are not murderers, we are protectors ! Pointing a weapon at a civilan for no reason is also something bad. Using a weapon without any reason told before.

Unauthorized use of deadly force :
Killing a suspect surrending, killing a suspect who have weapon in hands but is not aiming or shooting, killing for minor crimes if there is not any reason to shoot.
Attention! At ease! Break off!

Offline isntactive

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Bianconeri
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 15:39:58 pm »
pretty logic rules of jaaska,

every cop should know this,

only shoot unarmed ppl who are a threat for the safety of others(else they get killed)
Veteran from years and years ago.
Old time law enforcer. Retired LT.

Offline John_Smith

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 16:07:26 pm »
as i said.. i was running unarmed and was no threat to any officer or civilian... and i was shot at with sawnoffs (which by fbi rules would mean deadly force?)...anyway i'd much appreciate if any of ARPD chiefs answered to this..

Offline Legend

• Citizen
  • The future is near...
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 18:47:54 pm »
John, if that really happend and you have some evidence and / or whitness, please create a topic in the "Report to Leaders" section.

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal