| Date: 24-09-24  Time: 17:32 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[Yesterday at 07:17:12]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 388
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: New Idea, will benifit the entire community.  (Read 3077 times)

Offline chevyrulzs2010

• Citizen
New Idea, will benifit the entire community.
« on: August 04, 2008, 19:01:49 pm »
Ok first off i know someone will complain about me posting this here, i can see it now "this isnt police" but it is revelant, the set up would be the same as the police department.

I feel that argonath is a very good rp server, but its missing one thing. Its missing a fire and rescue. Yes i know that you can be a medic ingame, but would you trust any random person off the street to heal you in real life. And i also realize that fire isnt synced ingame, but in most places when you call 911 for a medical problem, the fire department shows up. I think that you could have free medics, just like free cops, but they would have to apply to get the firefighter skins, you could add a station in each city with an interior, and when someone needs medical help a dispatch goes out to the nearest station and they respond. Also i have seen scripts that when a car starts on fire, it wont blow up, but it will call the fire department out, and the firefighters must extinguish the fire, extricate (remove) the patient, and heal the patient. (videos --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSxPmwHdCxE&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W33zzSZR0zU&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKYZBCiszyc&feature=related) there is one problem that i see. To keep a good roleplay we dont want something to happen like in video 2, we only want one fire truck to respond to the scene unless otherwise instructed by the OIC (officer in command). If we could get a script like that put on the server, and create a fire department, i think it would add much realism to the game. I my self am a career firefighter and could help organize the fire department and help keep it realistic. Tell me what you guys think.

PS: With this we would also need a /911 script, anyone who needs police or fire could use /911, then the server would put up text that says 911 what is your emergency, type police, or medical. then what ever they type then the server would say, ok what is your emergency. they would type it in. Then the server would put out a dispatch to the proper people, and show what they typed for their emergency.

Example:

*Player 1 was in car accident
*Player 1: /911
*Server: 911 what is your emergency. Type police or medical
*Player 1: Medical
*Server: Ok, the fire department is being dispatched, can you give me a short discription of your emergency
*Player 1: I was in a car accident and need healed
*Server: Ok, the fire department was dispatched and will be there shortly, please stay put to help them find you.
*Server: (Dispatch) LVFD, report for duty for a medical call, description given, i was in a car accident and need healed, /res to respond.
*Firefighter 1: /res
*Paramedic 1: /res
(server puts location of call on map)
*Firefighter 2: /res
*Server: There are already firefighters and paramedics responding to this call.

Then the firefighter and paramedic do their thing and go back to the station.

Offline FlameMan

• Captain Ice
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #CS0007
Re: New Idea, will benifit the entire community.
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 19:38:04 pm »
thats not good topic / board / forum to talk about it...

Go here
"The kingdom strength is not based on the strength of the king, but the strength of the people."
---

2008 - 2011SAPD Captain   |   SWAT Associates   |   SAPD Academy Chief  |  LSPD / LVPD Lieutenant  |  SADA Detective  |  SWAT Cadet  |  LSPD Officer
2012Northen Command Captain (Supervising LVPD, FCPD, EQPD)

Offline chevyrulzs2010

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 20:43:57 pm »
as i said, it is related to the pd, and i would put it on the main forum, but it says i need to validate my account, so i tell it send another validation email, and i never receive it so this is about the only place to talk about it. :help:

Offline [WS]Wichifredo

• Citizen
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 21:59:34 pm »
Well,
Officer Robert Longstreet is right, this is not the right place to post it...
But besides that i would like to give you my opinion:
What players on the Argonathrpg Server what is to RP and to have fun (For me both are the same ;) )
So we have the Citizens,Police,Medics,Taxi´s,etc...
Mostly people choose to be a citizen and RP what they want (Mafia,Bodyguard,Gang,etc...)
We choose Police because its one of the most useful job to do ( There will be always Law Breaker´s)
And because its so useful the server administrators founded ARPD ( Argonath RPG Police Department )
So if we talk about being Medic then they are mostly only for RP-Use because people go to some Soda Machine and buy them self something to get HP
So the medic job is not that useful in Argonath´s All-day life

If we talk about something like "Fire Fighter" then imagine how useful it would be...
Ask yourself how much we actually need "Fire Fighter"...
In my opinion its the same as medic:
You just would use it for RP-Use (  Like if GS9 blows up then you call them but theres no need actually...)
So i dont think the Server Administrators want to work on a new Government Team for only RP-Use..

Regards

Officer Wichifredo

Offline chevyrulzs2010

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 23:14:59 pm »
Well,
Officer Robert Longstreet is right, this is not the right place to post it...
But besides that i would like to give you my opinion:
What players on the Argonathrpg Server what is to RP and to have fun (For me both are the same ;) )
So we have the Citizens,Police,Medics,Taxi´s,etc...
Mostly people choose to be a citizen and RP what they want (Mafia,Bodyguard,Gang,etc...)
We choose Police because its one of the most useful job to do ( There will be always Law Breaker´s)
And because its so useful the server administrators founded ARPD ( Argonath RPG Police Department )
So if we talk about being Medic then they are mostly only for RP-Use because people go to some Soda Machine and buy them self something to get HP
So the medic job is not that useful in Argonath´s All-day life

If we talk about something like "Fire Fighter" then imagine how useful it would be...
Ask yourself how much we actually need "Fire Fighter"...

In my opinion its the same as medic:
You just would use it for RP-Use (  Like if GS9 blows up then you call them but theres no need actually...)
So i dont think the Server Administrators want to work on a new Government Team for only RP-Use..

Regards

Officer Wichifredo

i would rephrase that, and that is one reason im pushing the idea, 1. people dont realize anything about fire service, they dont think they need them, they are a waste of tax dollars, untill they are needed, 2. ok you get shot in the leg, do you really just go to a soda machine and poof, your cured? i really do think, granted its alot of scripting, that medics would be used, i think more people would attempt to be one if they were needed more, and had to work to get in. And the firefighters, well i never said that firefighters would only fight fires, due to the fact that fire isnt synced ingame, you really cant, but you call 911 in your city, unless its a smaller vol. fire department, they are going to send an engine, and an ambulance. So the firefighter would be a skin but they would be paramedics. The firefighters ride in the engine, the paramedics ride in the squad. So for realism sake, disable the pop machines and such, and i feel that there are enough people out there that would choose to apply to the fire department.

Offline isntactive

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Bianconeri
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 23:20:29 pm »
it is about medics/firefighter,
and this is cops forum, so like said wrong place,

but we do need firefighters
Veteran from years and years ago.
Old time law enforcer. Retired LT.

Offline chevyrulzs2010

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 23:47:31 pm »
it is about medics/firefighter,
and this is cops forum, so like said wrong place,

but we do need firefighters

do people read the forums, im relating it through the set up, yes i know its the wrong place, but for some odd reason my account wont validate on the other forums, i told it to resend a validation email and it hasnt so i dont have much of a choise.

Now, im glad you agree. And i hope you agree we should just let people walk on off the streets,

Offline FlameMan

• Captain Ice
  • Citizen
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 09:34:38 am »
if i understood good one of those movies... with this script cars explode after 3 minutes.. when you are trying to extinguish fire with 1 firetruck then it will take 30 seconds to put fire out.. if youve got 2 firetrucks - then 15 seconds...
when your car is in fire, doors are locked, so you DO need firefighters to extinguish it... thats the only way to open doors, or you will die inside of your car..
"The kingdom strength is not based on the strength of the king, but the strength of the people."
---

2008 - 2011SAPD Captain   |   SWAT Associates   |   SAPD Academy Chief  |  LSPD / LVPD Lieutenant  |  SADA Detective  |  SWAT Cadet  |  LSPD Officer

Offline isntactive

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Bianconeri
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 12:23:25 pm »
i dont think thats good idea flame, not opening doors,
suspects cant escape, and all others,
its good to have, but then RP it, and dont make it necessary,

or let the fire burn all the time, untill its extinguished, so you keep having fire at that place
Veteran from years and years ago.
Old time law enforcer. Retired LT.

Offline FlameMan

• Captain Ice
  • Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 12:43:19 pm »
i just explained what makes this script..
i dont think thats good idea with doors, too, but fire service should be good.
also, one dispatch to all services, too..

if we are talking about ideas:
what do you think about: another radio for medics, firefighters, cops, taxi drivers?
for example:
/tr - taxi radio
/mr - medic radio
/fr - firefighters radio
/r - cops radio
and there will be one 911 dispatch, where will be normal phone call with dispatcher, like in real life.
---

Offline [WS]Wichifredo

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 15:55:47 pm »
Well I wasnt saying it was a bad idea..
I just said like for medics, people dont need medics that much (Just people who RP they call them and etc...)
And about that soda machine:
People just want to be healed, it doesnt matter how..
And most of them dont call an ambulance and wait for them to arrive..
They just get a car and drive to some Food Store or soda machine and thats it...end of the story

Anyway my opinion was:
This "Fire Fighters" would only be used in RP way..
And im not saying i like the RP way, its just that lots of all players in Argonath dont really RP that good to call a medic or some Fire Fighters if they can handle it them selves...

I have nothing against the idea,
its just that i dont think the Server Administrators will do this whole work only for not be used...
But anyway you could try to convince them..

Good Luck  :cop:

Regards

Officer Wichifredo

Offline chevyrulzs2010

• Citizen
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 22:54:01 pm »
i just explained what makes this script..
i dont think thats good idea with doors, too, but fire service should be good.
also, one dispatch to all services, too..

if we are talking about ideas:
what do you think about: another radio for medics, firefighters, cops, taxi drivers?
for example:
/tr - taxi radio
/mr - medic radio
/fr - firefighters radio
/r - cops radio
and there will be one 911 dispatch, where will be normal phone call with dispatcher, like in real life.

you know i really like that, something like i mentioned in my first post

/911
*911 what service are you requesting [Police, Medic, Fire, Taxi]
[service]
*please discribe your situation
[description]
*911 ok we are dispatching the [service] please remain at or near your location as long as its not a threat to your life so that they can find you.
*(Dispatch goes only to the radio of the service being called) [service] needed at [location] for [discription] type /res to respond (only 2 people allowed to respond unless backup is called) (once the player types /res location is given on the map)

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal