| Date: 24-09-24  Time: 11:18 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[Yesterday at 07:17:12]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 359
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Assistance Required: Lack of responding  (Read 2538 times)

Offline JayL

• MTA:SA Division Leader
  • Citizen
Assistance Required: Lack of responding
« on: July 16, 2008, 00:19:38 am »
Hello.

I've been seriously seeing many backup calls without no answers, the officer who requests assistance is shot down and no one cares. Today, I was helping a citizent that got robbed then he took me to Fern Ridge and sawed my arm and my leg off, then after that he left me a phone in the other hand, I tried to call an officer (I won't say the name). No answer. I called 911, NO answer too. What I mean is, what is the problem about aiding a partner when he needs seriously assistance?

In the ARPD/SAPD guide you can read:
Officers MUST support a colleague in need if they are active (for example responding to backup if they are currently patrolling)

Like, one day, when I was a cadet, there was a lot of gangsters and suspects going at Verdant Bluffs. I called for assistance on radio several times and ONLY one Officer responded me (Officer Murderboy), we had very dificultillies to confront them.

I see senior ranks coming off duty just to dance around or standing in front of the PD doing " something ".

What is the problem, to go to SF and see if there is going a possible robbery or if an officer needs serious backup?
What is the problem, to patrol in country areas, in the case of a 207?

What is the problem to move away from places that the majority is, to aid someone that needs assistance in deserted areas? It's like everyone stays in LS city because the majority is there.

For you that is reading this, I beg you, please, don't ignore a backup call just because you are in LS and the officer needs backup at El Quebrados.

Ask this to yourself:
What is more important: The life of an officer / cadet / freecop or your little 300$ reward for taking a suspect down?
What is more important: Resolving the problem of two injuried citizens due a carcrash or going after a single suspect that passes by you?

San Andreas is NOT Los Santos only, not only LS needs to be patrolled.
Chief of Police Jay Lincoln
San Fierro Police Department

Offline [PCSO]Bishop

• Citizen
Re: Assistance Required: Lack of responding
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 02:23:57 am »
I know exactely what you are talking about.
Usually officer and freecops only respond after the 3rd or 4th Code 30 call, which can be very frustrating...

Offline GiacJr

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 04:04:11 am »
i had a code 3 yesterday which involved 2 crazy drivers who were ignoring my requests, and it took me 5 tries in the radio just to get someone to say 10-4. And another 3 minutes for anyone to arrive.
2007 ranks - DPD Captain, DPD Chief.
2008 ranks - SAPD Deputy Chief, SAPD Sergeant, 207 topkop.
2009 ranks - SAPD Application Manager, DPD Sergeant, DPD Lieutenant, DPD Transfer Request Manager.
2010 ranks - DPD Captain, SWAT Associate.
2011 ranks - LSPD Officer, DPD Officer.
Medals - 4 Meritorious Service Medals, 3 Community Policing Medals, 1 Police Star Medal.

Offline isntactive

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Bianconeri
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 15:09:34 pm »
good to hear i did it good  :D
personally i respond when it is possible,

but john please remind that other cops might be busy with something else,
but there will be cops who only hang around at lspd doing nothing, or just cops not responding anyway,

cops should respond when they can(if they are not busy with a dangerous suspect)

so if you just patrol, or pull over then end the pulling/patrol and help your friends who need help
also end a not dangerous chase, because a dangerous suspect need to be killed/jailed first
Veteran from years and years ago.
Old time law enforcer. Retired LT.

Offline [Rstar]CBFASI

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2008, 17:15:41 pm »
I see senior ranks coming off duty just to dance around or standing in front of the PD doing " something ".

San Andreas is NOT Los Santos only, not only LS needs to be patrolled.

2 issues here...

If off duty those Senoir ranks are not on duty...
Also you will find that many of the SAPD/Admin combos use Pershing square as the place they stand, believe we it can get busy trying to deal with abusers, hackers, and other requests.  Both Pancher and myself are definates for the standing at LSPD steps while doing admin work, often it is right in front of us too.

As the for the other day dancing.... it was dead quiet, no suspects at the time!

As for more around the regions, its getting better and you will find there are quite a number that do patrol outside LS, I know as I actaully check this, even using undercover names.

If an SAPD officer (I did not use word cadet or freecop) can reaspond within reason and be able to reaspond to assist in good time then often they do, unless they busy with another crime, or important matters.

I know that I have reasponded to calls in the past and even at top speed, by the time I reach its all over...  Its all a matter of judgement by the reasponding officers.
Ex ARPD Commisioner
Retired SAPD Chief
Retired SWAT Commander

Offline isntactive

• Citizen
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 14:22:11 pm »
i agree with cbfasi,
i also dont respond to a call from other side of ls or somewhere else, because before i am there suspect is dead or already far away again,

and also @ only patrol LS,
the thing is almost all players are in LS, so patrolling at LV/SF is useless, and you cant respond at suspects fast if they are in LS
but i see the criminals are moving to LV more often

Offline JayL

• MTA:SA Division Leader
  • Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 06:25:40 am »
i also dont respond to a call from other side of ls or somewhere else, because before i am there suspect is dead or already far away again

Not in all cases. So, you won't respond it just because YOU think the suspect will be dead or far away again? What if the suspect kills the officer?
It's starting to become a often problem to me, that I'm getting no partner...
Chief of Police Jay Lincoln
San Fierro Police Department

Offline isntactive

• Citizen
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 08:47:55 am »
john in very urgent cases i will be coming,
but normally i wont just get after a carthief or something,

but it happens a lot to me, i see suspect at SF/bayside, so i drive from lspd to SF/bayside,
and then they are dead and gone when i arrive,
so that i drove from lspd to bayside for nothing

so i only respond to big cases(copkillers, code purple, 207)

Offline [WS]Brainiac

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 00:54:14 am »
Same me ! I was chasing tow suspects along with another cadet around the argonath for 15 min [real time] I called for support more then 10 times no one response trought there was alots of officers on the server! we enter in LS i called again for backup, no one :| then at idlewood a car unit came for support but he abandon the chase a few meters ago! Finnaly we catch the suspect near ocean docks with a help from a free cop who was patroling in the area !  For now on further pls if you hear on the police radio a backup call and have nothing to do pls come for backup!

Offline isntactive

• Citizen
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 12:27:57 pm »
if possible they will come brainiac, else it are bad cops

Offline Legend

• Citizen
  • The future is near...
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 13:17:16 pm »
I had a funny experience yesterday. I was off-duty and I went to Verdant Bluffs. There were about 5-6 ARPD officers online and many cadets/freecops.
I called 911 3 times, last 2 using caps ... nobody came. I reported a code purple, Corleone and GSF were doing something bothering, then they started shooting us ... still no cops.
911 calls are something important, should not be ignored like that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal