| Date: 28-09-24  Time: 23:33 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 300
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Remember the 4th amendment  (Read 2090 times)

Offline Castor_Troy

• Citizen
  • Sean Archer
Remember the 4th amendment
« on: January 22, 2008, 09:27:53 am »
Ive seen policeofficers from the force and cadets that seem to have forgotten the 4th ammendment of the Bill of rights.

Fourth Amendment: guards against searches, arrests, and seizures of property without a specific warrant or a "probable cause" to believe a crime has been committed. Some rights to privacy have been inferred from this amendment and others by the Supreme Court.

Dont search a person or his affects without a warrant or probable cause. I will make some examples:

Officer Dirty sees a man on the street. The officer refer the man to be standing in a criminal area or maybe a "drugspot". Without further evidence the officer searches the man against his will. Wether he finds drugs or not, he violated this mans rights and the evidence he found cant be used in a court of law.

To have made this search legal he would have to ask his superior or a judge to get a warrant. He can also get an "automatic warrant", the probable cause clausul. If the policeman sticks around and observes the man he might find reason that he is infact committing crimes, evesdropping on conversations, seeing drugs change owners etc. If the policeman witness a drugdeal he have all the evidence he need to search the man. This also concerns people using drugs in a public place.

But there are loopholes to search without a warrant or probable cause: If an officer asks the man if he can search him and the man consent (agrees) to it he just gave up his civil right to not be searched without a warrant or probable causes and you, the officer, can search him.

Theres a way to trick people to consent to a search:
Officer Topcop stops a man for speeding/wreckless driving. He explain what crime the man have commited and asks him to exit his vehicle. He sences that the man is driving under influence, and says: You have nothing illegal in ur car so u wont mind me searching it? The man answers no, but did he mean: "no i dont have anything illegal in the car" or "no u may". The driver has given up his 4th amendment.

Theres no rule for officers to inform citizens about their civil rights except when during an arrest, when hes obligated to tell the suspect his rights. Many citizens (IRL) dont know about the 4th amendment, but we cant violate their rights just because they dont know them.

Sean Archer

Made by cDa

[RBC]Vu4eCa

Re: Remember the 4th amendment
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 13:55:46 pm »
You are right Sean,we should never forget that(most of the cadets dont know that).Good you posted it,so some ppl can remember :)
                     -Officer TheLegend :cop:

Offline Castor_Troy

• Citizen
  • Sean Archer

Made by cDa

Offline Jaaskaa

• Citizen
  • THE Man
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 00:03:45 am »
As soon as I saw the title, I knew what would be the subject and ur right, this thing happen often ... This or a cop who say : U were speeding ... Then they argue : No, I was at 120 and its a highway and wah wah wah wah ....

Okay ... I will give you a hint

A tool called ... /speed ...
How to use ? /speed (id)
Ex : /speed 0
Jaaskaa_Kolta (0) speed is going at 135 km/h
Jaaskaa_Kolta (0) speed is going at 177 km/h
Jaaskaa_Kolta (0) speed is going at 85 km/h

The tool is rather accurate cos' it shows the speed that was displayed on my speedometer

So ? Use the tools, and when they don't exist, don't turn the roleplay at ur advantage
Attention! At ease! Break off!

Offline Castor_Troy

• Citizen
  • Sean Archer
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 00:50:27 am »
Does that command exist or are u suggesting it should exist? I never heard of it, but it sounds great. Good idea, it will be like real cops using equipment to read the other drivers speed.

Made by cDa

[RBC]Vu4eCa

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:27:34 am »
The command exists :) and when im standing somewhere in DPD and waiting for speeding ppl or someone on weed fields i always use /speed . Btw Jaaskaa they always argue and some of them even do /report :lol:
             -Officer TheLegend :cop:

Offline Jaaskaa

• Citizen
  • THE Man
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 06:08:16 am »
Take screenshots and telll them that u have the ssnies ..
Attention! At ease! Break off!

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal