| Date: 30-09-24  Time: 05:30 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 342
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: "You may not paint public service vehicles" WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT? (/carpaint)  (Read 4564 times)

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
 NOTE: This topic is copied from the Argonath RPG forums. Click HERE for the original topic.

I would just like to highlight the community to my anger at the absolutely disgraceful decision to disallow the use of /carpaint on police vehicles.

By removing this privilege:
  Does this solve any problems?
  Does this improve the quality or quantity of RP?
  Does it allow new RP?

These questions I believe are the basis for all considerations on scripts before implementation. I do not know why this happened as I would answer NO to all 3 of those questions.

Some of you may know why I am angry about this but rather than explain, many have witnessed my actions for themselves ingame regarding the /carpaint.

So if you still want to disallow /carpaint for public access vehicles, please allow me to buy my own police vehicles so I can paint them what I want.

I would like to apologise if there is a similar topic elsewhere. I probably haven't searched hard enough if there is.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Alan Demarest

• Citizen
http://www.argonathrpg.eu/forum/index.php?topic=55023.30

CBF wont allow us to buy our own police vehicles.

Offline J. Prilo

• Citizen
Plain bullshit.
Looks like Immigration Patrol have to use private vehicles...
Joseph Prilo
San Andreas Police Department Officer (MTA:SA)
Ex- San Andreas Police Department Officer (SA:MP)
| Ex- Vice City Police Department Officer (VC:MP)
Meritorious Service Medal x1

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
http://www.argonathrpg.eu/forum/index.php?topic=55023.30

CBF wont allow us to buy our own police vehicles.
  The cop cars would still only be usable by cops but can be locked and painted if I were to get my own way. I wouldn't support them for civilians. 
Plain bullshit.
  It is not only Immigration Patrol that will suffer.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
The other topic was locked, and so I have sent an email to [email protected].

If you too find this decision unfair, please do not hesitate to send you emails to them also. It seems this was done because a few in FBI were unhappy about Medics and firemen abusing FBI Ranchers. Yet, the police is now suffering because of their selfishness.

The restriction to /carpaint was scripted and added by me. Why? Well here's the story...

A long time ago CBFASI gave red unrestricted FBI Ranchers to firemen as they are very useful. The problem was that civilians (in this case, people with white names) and non-FBI police units would steal these FBI Ranchers, paint them black and then impersonate FBI.

The FBI complained (as they would, these people were giving them a bad name and image as sometimes it was convincing that these people were actually official FBI members), which caused a lot of controversy among players and administration.

Nobody knew if this was against the rules or just suspectable.

CBFASI removed the red FBI Ranchers and said that they will not be added again unless the fireman vehicles are added to the lock system.

Recently, due to popular demand, I added the fireman and medic vehicles to the lock system so that only fireman and medics can use them. I therefore was able to add a lot more vehicles for them as they can't be stolen by everyone. Some of these vehicles were red fireman and blue and white paramedic FBI Ranchers.

What happened?

People went on fireman or paramedic duty, took a federal rancher, painted it black, impersonated FBI, causing FBI to complain to administration again.

I originally told FBI members to suspect all people who impersonate them but they weren't satisfied with this advice as to them, this is like impersonating an individual player, which is against the rules.

I talked to Gandalf about this and he suggested that administration should deal with these situations but if no administrators were online, only then should FBI suspect them. He then suggested that I made some restrictions.

What sort of restrictions were suggested?

Well Gandalf suggested that I made a /banfireman and /banmedic JUST to stop people from using the FBI Ranchers, which I was not going to do as there is no way I am going to increase the amount of "OMG admins ban player XXX from duty".

When I told Gandalf this he said "it's better to ban them from duty than from the server " so I came up with another idea.

The idea was to restrict /carpaint, he agreed and so did other members of administration.

Some might ask why I restricted all public service vehicles and not just the FBI Ranchers, well my response to that is that the exact same thing can be done for other vehicles like Raindances, and I would rather not add individual vehicles to the system every time we add new ones which can be abused, plus the fact that now everyone can fully understand that abusing our systems is serious and will be dealt with severely.

/carpaint will not be returning for public service vehicles, although at some point in the future there may be an alternative...

If you have any complaints about this decision then by all means report me to [email protected] but please keep in mind that I am only following orders

LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Salmonella

• [VC:MP] SWAT Commander
  • Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
  • Badge-ID: #VC0004
  • SA-MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • VC:MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • IV:MP: [AV]Salmonella
Plain bullshit.
If i were you i would watch my tone.

Go figure, a police car or FBI rancher or w/e owned by anyone else than Government.. I mean, i've always stood behind the argument ''Argonath is not IRL''. But making this idea happen would go to far.

Offline ElMartu

• Citizen
Yeah I'm against making state vehicles buyable but I think they should be able to be painted as they could only be used for a state-related issue...

Offline J. Prilo

• Citizen

Not nessesarily. Since the /carpaint command have been used multiple times for many roleplay scenarios.
Joseph Prilo

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
FBI moaned.. :roll:

I'm pretty sure CBF is working on something so that you can't paint Ranchers, or something.

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Boricua56

• Compromised with Justice.
  • Citizen
  • [R*]Fernando
  • SA-MP: [R*]Fernando
FBI moaned.. :roll:

I'm pretty sure CBF is working on something so that you can't paint Ranchers, or something.

Originally we dealt with the problem by suspecting the people that were impersonating the FBI with Black Ranchers.

However the usual response after being suspected was to claim abuse of police powers. Apart from that we were called abusers and the people that were impersonating us kept moaning that the crime was invalid. I personally heard arguments saying that if the command inst restricted then they can paint their Rancher whatever color they want.

To blame this on FBI is ridiculous, if there is someone responsible for this then that's the people that yelled abuse when they were suspected after impersonating the FBI.

The sad part about this restriction is cops being unable to paint their cars.

And to clarify to some people, we are also affected because now we can't paint our black premiers for undercover work.
We must always maintain that the wished final, as much as it seems to us meritorious and proceeding in right, it never justifies the use of improper means.

Offline Chase

• Citizen
Everyone who is putting false accusations and group flame against FBI is currently being reported to MAIN administration as some of these people are TRUSTED admins, yet they broke rules themselves.

I already said earlier that the FBI has NOTHING to do with the developer's decision to restrict painting ALL emergency cars. All we wanted was to restrict painting EMS and FD from being painted FBI and SWAT colors. But the developers decided to make it affect all.

So STOP blaming FBI and group flaming. It will not be tolerated as 2 TRUSTED people are now being reported to main administration. Have a nice f**king day.
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."

- George S. Patton

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
I don't quite understand why you are so mad.. it is the truth that the reason this happened was because FBI had a problem with it, no other reason. Of course people would have done it, but it was infact the FBI who complained about the ability, and caused this to happen. I'm not blaming it completely on the FBI as of course, if people did not paint their cars the color then they would not have complained.

Sorry if I came off wrong.. but I was not and am not lying :neutral:

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline J. Prilo

• Citizen
If someone is impersonating the FBI, then let them. They aren't official agents anyway.
Joseph Prilo

Offline Chase

• Citizen
Who to blame? Blame the medics and firemen who painted their rancher black, and moaned when we DID SUSPECT THEM.

This would have never happened if some people couldn't handle their RP consequences, for their RP crimes.

Look, it was either we keep the carpaint on ranchers, get moaned at when we suspect, or we have it restricted and get moaned at even f**king more.

As I said, as obviously some cannot read:

We did not request ALL emergency vehicles to be restricted. It was DEVELOPER decision. All we wanted was RESTRICTING SWAT AND FBI COLORS ON RANCHERS. EVERYTHING ELSE WAS DECIDED BY DEVELOPERS! I hope you can read this without a prescription for glasses now...

I don't quite understand why you are so mad.. it is the truth that the reason this happened was because FBI had a problem with it, no other reason. Of course people would have done it, but it was infact the FBI who complained about the ability, and caused this to happen. I'm not blaming it completely on the FBI as of course, if people did not paint their cars the color then they would not have complained.

Still does not give you the right to call a group moaners.
"May God have mercy upon my enemies, because I sure as hell won't."

- George S. Patton

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
It doesn't really bother me when I have a car mod but still it kind of sucks.

Sago

Why does the fire department or medical need ranchers anyways?

I hope you can read this without a prescription for glasses now...

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community

Offline Salmonella

• [VC:MP] SWAT Commander
  • Citizen
  • MIR NACH!
    • Skype - salmonellaabe
  • Badge-ID: #VC0004
  • SA-MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • VC:MP: =AV=Salmonella
  • IV:MP: [AV]Salmonella

Not nessesarily. Since the /carpaint command have been used multiple times for many roleplay scenarios.
I am talking about ''Plain Bullshit''

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
Topic can be locked since /carpaint was restricted only for FBI ranchers.
LSPD Chief Stodds

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal