| Date: 25-09-24  Time: 04:39 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 495
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: New idea - Backup command  (Read 12135 times)

Offline Hiroaki

• Citizen
  • Alterlis
Re: New idea - Backup command
« Reply #40 on: June 23, 2010, 03:36:06 am »
solution: Patrol with your partner so they can help you with radio.
2nd solution: When under heavy fire,hide then call for backup..
like /r Requesting backup in Idlewood C3 C30
   COURTESY
 PROFESSIONALISM
RESPECT

Ex LSPD Senior Officer
2x Meritorious Service Medal
1x Community Policing Medal

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #41 on: June 23, 2010, 03:51:35 am »
Supported, Backup command drops a red dot that the other officers can respond to. Hopefully this will instill a "Team" Based attitude.
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Offline Plam Knight

• SAMP Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: *LV1609
« Reply #42 on: June 23, 2010, 09:07:59 am »
First Oliver is hundreads times better cop then you are.
Second your idea remainds me again of Cops and Robbers server.
Third don't insult fellow SAPD member, especially if they are higher rank then you.

From my old application
Quote from: Plam Knight
Training Report

Cadet name: Andrew_Jackson

Training/ Patrol date:18 March 2010
Patrol Summary:We started our training from LSPD.The first thing we tested was Police Communication and codes he did everything briliant.Then we had little talk so he can rest and then we procced on Laws.He did very good but he have to tell the things in there full form but still very good.After tthat we wend on the Shooting at Fort Carson.That part was the best of all,he got all 4/4 tires.I tried his driving also it was perfect.but he has one big problem the map usage but I am sure he will get it soon.His RP is better then the most players at Argonath.I can purely say that this cadet is the best of all I trained and I am sure he is better cop then me.

Training areas covered: General RP,Police communication and codes,SAPD Laws and General Behaviour,Driving,Shooting.

General RP: 5/5
Police communication and codes: 5/5
SAPD Laws and General Behaviour: 5/5  
Driving, Shooting: 5/5
Locations: 5/5

Notes/ Suggestions: I Officer Plam Knight recommend this cadet for officer.He can take his exam right now if you give him a chance of course.

I don't think so that he is better than me, Because you said by yourself "I am sure he is better cop than me" also "I can purely say that this cadet is the best of all I trained"
And you said my mark is A+

Just drop it and talk on the new idea.

First as I said you may have skills but your attiduted is worse then a freecop attidute .
Second you may be better then me but Oliver is hundreads time better then me and which means your fact suck.
Third I say NO on the idea again.
And I am saying NOT RECOMMENDED right now on your application as it clearly shows that if you get more power you will ruin our police.

Sorry for the 3 off topic points.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Citizen
  • Found you.
« Reply #43 on: June 23, 2010, 10:20:16 am »
Just get to cover to call backup.  :)
I like the idea, but you can also just type:
/r U24 requesting assistance at Idlewood, we got 2 armed suspects, 10-0!

Wich also informs the units that are responding about what is going on.

Offline Jubin

• Citizen
« Reply #44 on: June 23, 2010, 13:16:18 pm »
Just get to cover to call backup.  :)
I like the idea, but you can also just type:
/r U24 requesting assistance at Idlewood, we got 2 armed suspects, 10-0!

Wich also informs the units that are responding about what is going on.
But the problem is that in that time, you type that whole message you can't defend yourself, that's the whole reason. Yeah you might say those people are are lazy, but I see no one  using the like said fully commands /suspect, /radio, /megaphone1, /miranda etc.
I am quite sure that if you had a chance you all would use that command. Like you are using /mir instead typing it all out yourself to the suspect. And no it does not make it more cops vs robbers server, not at all.

Offline Jack

• Citizen
« Reply #45 on: June 23, 2010, 18:03:08 pm »
Guys, It's not lazy and don't say it's lazy because you saw someone said in first replies just listen.
* Unkown is chasing suspects
* Suspsects cars blow up
* Unkown is with one partner
* Suspsects start shooting at officers with combat shotguns and SMG/m4
* Unkown can't find cover to call for backup
* Suspects takes down officers

????????
I think it's needed please read again and think about it, Not every command means we are lazy, There is no time to type "This is U34, Request backup at idlewood C3 C30", And it's not robbers and crimnals at all - It's same and i don't think that robbers and crimnals server has /r.
Just think about it and if you don't like it then if scripters made it then don't us it but i know that you will use it if it's C30.

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #46 on: June 23, 2010, 18:04:43 pm »
Officers die on the field, that's life.
You wouldn't have time to scream 'HALP' into your radio when you were under fire in a live situation either.

Offline Jack

• Citizen
« Reply #47 on: June 23, 2010, 18:27:13 pm »
Officers die on the field, that's life.
You wouldn't have time to scream 'HALP' into your radio when you were under fire in a live situation either.
That's the life?
Do you think Argonath is a real life?
Well, You are in big problem .....

Anyway, We need that command it's really important, Just think about it even for 30 seconds.
Just think, We need it, It's really useful and there is no bad points for it also no one will abuse it because will be "Anti abusers"

If you still don't like it, Then share with us the bad points of it. And i'm sure we will solve it together.
And yes we will solve it here in this topic, Right here, Right now.

Offline Boozman

• [Retired] Academy Chief
  • Citizen
  • "Summum ius, summa iniuria"
« Reply #48 on: June 23, 2010, 18:28:04 pm »
Explain when he said Argonath is real life, Please :trust:

Former LSPD Lieutenant, Academy Chief, Application Manager, SWAT Team Leader
Served August 10th, 2009 - June 10th, 2011;

Awards Achieved
Meritorious Service Medal x4
Community Policing Medal x1
Cadet of the Month (August '09)
The Vincent A. Vice 'Pat-on-the-Back' Award x1

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #49 on: June 23, 2010, 19:54:30 pm »
  Summary of discussion for and against this command, extracted from a thread riddled with off topic, nonsense and ignorance. I'm simply posting this so I can actually understand why the hell players want it.

Outine of command: /bu /backup announces on police radio that backup is required at a location and what code/crime/ situation it is. A possible expansion is that a marker could be placed on the minimap.

For:
- Saves time typing when in urgent situation/ when under fire to alert other cops.
- Quickly announces your location and situation.
- Saves you from getting shot calling for backup when you could be shooting/ running instead.
- Easier to patrol alone as finding a partner requires some communication and effort.

Against:
- Patrolling with partner is much more effective in all situations and generates more RP all round.
- Command cannot be used when suspect is on the move since it will spam radio, does not give enough information such as direction. (by the time officers arrived location has changed like /area)
- Supports unimaginative RP - You can track suspects quickly even if you can't see them (If it tracks the criminal and not location of officer). /area of course is accepted but it doesn't advertise to all other cops the location, and requires some communication at least. 
- If you have got in a situation where you only have split second to type /bu (before you get shot/ killed) surely it is better if officers are trained enough to not get in that situation in the first place. Those who patrol on their own should be smart enough to survive in various situations on their own by using various tactics to avoid getting killed whilst calling for backup.

I think this covers just about everything constructive in this topic in a somewhat biased way  :redface:

Yeah you might say those people are are lazy, but I see no one  using the like said fully commands /suspect, /radio, /megaphone1, /miranda etc.
I am quite sure that if you had a chance you all would use that command. Like you are using /mir instead typing it all out yourself to the suspect.
  The quality of RP accepted is not the highest, but there are players who, like me, never use /s1 /m1 /mir at all. Commands such as /radio /megaphone aid unique RP as it requires the player to communicate with their own words and are shortened so the important part (text) can be effectively performed. My point being some of these commands are shortened to aid RP, and some (which i do not agree with full stop) replace RP with presets.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Jack

• Citizen
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2010, 21:57:02 pm »
Dude, Did you read my idea carefully?
I said, Will be anti-abusers and only you can use it every 15 seconds, Also - If suspect is heading somewhere else you can report it again and the place will be changed.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2010, 22:34:57 pm »
I said, Will be anti-abusers and only you can use it every 15 seconds, Also - If suspect is heading somewhere else you can report it again and the place will be changed.
 If you can only use it every 15 seconds, then how do you keep up with a criminal driving through Los Santos? You can cover about 3 different districts in that time. You report it again, and what about all the other cops who are tracking other criminals? This would create spam also.

And dude, why don't you read my points carefully. You just ignore the majority and pick one of them.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2010, 23:16:39 pm »

Dude, Did you read Jcstodds' post?

Offline Jack

• Citizen
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2010, 00:46:35 am »
 If you can only use it every 15 seconds, then how do you keep up with a criminal driving through Los Santos? You can cover about 3 different districts in that time. You report it again, and what about all the other cops who are tracking other criminals? This would create spam also.

And dude, why don't you read my points carefully. You just ignore the majority and pick one of them.

15 isn't spam, Also they can /area suspect, So no problem ....

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [R*]
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2010, 08:42:00 am »

I don't even know why I am bothering :P

USE COMMON SENSE!
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline diddeh

• Citizen
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2010, 11:50:04 am »
Well i think the backup should be in radio, to say how armed they are, how many etc etc... Well, instead of a backup command maybe any kind of panic buttom or something.
SAPD Officer | SWAT Operative | Millionaire |

Offline Plam Knight

• SAMP Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: *LV1609
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2010, 12:07:37 pm »
By the way this command will just give out the location and the unit calling the backup.
Which means there will be no further information like how many suspects are there, how are they armed and what are there IDs.
And the command again will be completely useless again. Thats why I say NO.

Offline J. Prilo

• Citizen
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2010, 18:46:37 pm »
Why did you attempt to steal Alonzo's username on the forum? And by the way, you even failed on typing the whole name out.
Joseph Prilo
San Andreas Police Department Officer (MTA:SA)
Ex- San Andreas Police Department Officer (SA:MP)
| Ex- Vice City Police Department Officer (VC:MP)
Meritorious Service Medal x1

Offline Cane

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: AR0964
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2010, 18:51:58 pm »
Why did you attempt to steal Alonzo's username on the forum? And by the way, you even failed on typing the whole name out.

LOL
Served 2008~2012

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2010, 19:51:51 pm »
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander