| Date: 23-09-24  Time: 09:27 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[Today at 07:17:12]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 351
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: LSPD-SRU CLOSED  (Read 62503 times)

Offline SkyHawk

• Citizen
    • Skype - SkyHawk
  • Badge-ID: #P115
Re: LSPD-SRU
« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2010, 19:04:34 pm »

And this one of them regrouping I guess........

Not regrouping, thats where i got pulled over. I was UC, on my way to a drug bust where i was in deep. They pulled me over. Even thougth i identified myself and told that i was on a call, they still kept me and kept trying to give me a 200 dollar! ticket...
If they were pulling you over, then they did it without thinking. Having the team at one spot is useless. One car could've done it, and the other could continue patrol :)

SRU Operatates as a team. When we conduct a traffic stop its not just with one car. Plus in this picture we only have 3 cars, which isnt enough for 2 others cars to go on patrol. In that Picture we have an Alpha 1, Alpha 2, and Beta 1. Since there is no Beta 2, Beta 1 stays with the Alpha team.
Joe Hawk aka SkyHawk
Retired SAPD Member

Offline Ed_Lane

• Citizen
« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2010, 20:15:57 pm »

And this one of them regrouping I guess........

Not regrouping, thats where i got pulled over. I was UC, on my way to a drug bust where i was in deep. They pulled me over. Even thougth i identified myself and told that i was on a call, they still kept me and kept trying to give me a 200 dollar! ticket...
If they were pulling you over, then they did it without thinking. Having the team at one spot is useless. One car could've done it, and the other could continue patrol :)

This is how we patrol we have A1 A2, B1 B2, A1 and A2 will be a different patrol and same with B1 and B2 we only meet up if the other units need backup for a secret move as i will not disclose on a open forum
Never forget...

Fidelis ad Mortem
San Andreas County Services

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2010, 09:41:03 am »

SRU Operatates as a team. When we conduct a traffic stop its not just with one car. Plus in this picture we only have 3 cars, which isnt enough for 2 others cars to go on patrol. In that Picture we have an Alpha 1, Alpha 2, and Beta 1. Since there is no Beta 2, Beta 1 stays with the Alpha team.

Sometimes it's smarter to split up in two teams.

Example: Team Alpha, you do the traffic stop. Team Bravo, keep patrolling.

Sago

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2010, 10:08:08 am »

Sometimes it's smarter to split up in two teams.

Example: Team Alpha, you do the traffic stop. Team Bravo, keep patrolling.

That's what we do. We only require both teams to be present if the stopped people are a very serious threat.

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
  • Badge-ID: #P49
« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2010, 10:52:24 am »
I don't get why you don't use the 4-man in a car tactic... You'll have firepower coming from one way, and not from two way (it will be more when grouped up)!

Also, I think SRU is too active. It's great you are on duty 24/7, but it's not more than criminalhunting (I haven't seen any other RP than "/me cuffs" from SRU so far). If you become a little less active, the question for you will grow and you REALLY have to do something, instead of looking for adventure yourself.
Signed by: Thomas 'Leroy' Crof

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2010, 13:16:49 pm »
We're active because we're new, we're developing and training constantly to make sure we are always at the top of our game.

We use the 2 man a car team because, well I think, it makes us more mobile. Instead of having one 4 man vehicle. We have 2 two man vehicles, we don't need too much fire power most of the time anyway. When the majority of the teams on we have 4 two man vehicles if you've noticed and like the others have said we split into A1 A2, B1 and B2.

Either way, I still reckon SRU is awesome :)
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline Dutchy

• Citizen
  • Badge-ID: 420
  • SA-MP: Dutchy
  • Discord: Dutchy#6507
« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2010, 18:51:41 pm »
(I haven't seen any other RP than "/me cuffs" from SRU so far).

That is because SRU doesn't arrest suspects, we track and chase them down, then we ask for a pickup unit to jail the suspect. ;)

I don't get why you don't use the 4-man in a car tactic... You'll have firepower coming from one way, and not from two way (it will be more when grouped up)!

The reason we have 2 cars present in a traffic stop is because people tend to drive away after being pulled over, so you have always 2 people ready to open fire if they flee and 2 people to get in the cars, suspect and chase them. It's just to block the car from both ways..

Also, I think SRU is too active. It's great you are on duty 24/7, but it's not more than criminalhunting. If you become a little less active, the question for you will grow and you REALLY have to do something, instead of looking for adventure yourself.

You are actually suggesting SRU to go on duty less often? :neutral:

"A 9mm can kill a Hydra, or Hunter ... that is fact, aiming at them = threatening behavior.
Do so in real life and watch what happens ..." -[R*]CBFasi
« Sent to: Dutchy on: 21-06-2013, 05:27:27 »

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2010, 20:09:36 pm »
Correct. What if SWAT would be on duty 24/7. You'd get pissed because they're "stealing your job". SRU does the same for regular officers now...

Offline Husky

• Citizen
« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2010, 00:43:58 am »
Thomas why you don't like SRU so much

Offline Boozman

• [Retired] Academy Chief
  • Citizen
  • "Summum ius, summa iniuria"
« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2010, 00:50:03 am »
Keep the arguing or disagreements out of the topic please.

Former LSPD Lieutenant, Academy Chief, Application Manager, SWAT Team Leader
Served August 10th, 2009 - June 10th, 2011;

Awards Achieved
Meritorious Service Medal x4
Community Policing Medal x1
Cadet of the Month (August '09)
The Vincent A. Vice 'Pat-on-the-Back' Award x1

Offline Victoria_Taylor

• Citizen
« Reply #90 on: July 12, 2010, 01:03:30 am »
Correct. What if SWAT would be on duty 24/7. You'd get pissed because they're "stealing your job". SRU does the same for regular officers now...

We dont steals no one job, we are just making our job, and if you saw just /cuff from us you should come with us on traffic stops :)
To serve and protect
-Meritorious Service Medal
-Community Policing Medal

Offline Ben Samiir

• Citizen
  • Oscars Best Police chaser '09
« Reply #91 on: July 12, 2010, 01:05:11 am »
Dear Thomas,

Instead of trying to destroy others hard work. You could say something positive and try to motivate the hard working Officers. We are all colleagues and the only way to success is to support and to motivate each other. And I would appreciate that you stop with spreading your false accusations. Is there a problem?  You have the right to file a complaint against us with valid evidence. I am very disappointed in your attitude towards your colleagues. I hope that you will change your attitude, because on this way you will certainly not make ARPD better. As EX captain you should know this.

Singed, Captain Ben Samiir

Medals = X10 = X7
:ps: code H.O.O.T.C.H.I.E.

Sago

« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2010, 07:14:17 am »
The end of a high speed pursuit!

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #93 on: July 12, 2010, 12:13:35 pm »
Also, I think SRU is too active. It's great you are on duty 24/7, but it's not more than criminalhunting (I haven't seen any other RP than "/me cuffs" from SRU so far). If you become a little less active, the question for you will grow and you REALLY have to do something, instead of looking for adventure yourself.

You don't need to roleplay pointing your bloody guns at the suspect.
* Daniels points his gun at the suspect

/em s/f?

ALTERNATIVELY:
* Daniels poin-dead

Offline Thomas_Crof

• Citizen
  • Owned. You... penguin!
« Reply #94 on: July 12, 2010, 12:15:54 pm »
Dear Thomas,

Instead of trying to destroy others hard work. You could say something positive and try to motivate the hard working Officers. We are all colleagues and the only way to success is to support and to motivate each other. And I would appreciate that you stop with spreading your false accusations. Is there a problem?  You have the right to file a complaint against us with valid evidence. I am very disappointed in your attitude towards your colleagues. I hope that you will change your attitude, because on this way you will certainly not make ARPD better. As EX captain you should know this.

Singed, Captain Ben Samiir

I was actually interested, when I asked about the 2 guys in a car... I have to admit that the "job stealing thingy" was a little wrong, and I'm sorry for that..

Offline Sushi

• Citizen
« Reply #95 on: July 13, 2010, 07:20:25 am »
Actually now that I think about it, a lot of the time we respond to people asking for us. They ask whether we are availiable and we respond.

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #96 on: July 13, 2010, 07:35:16 am »
Actually now that I think about it, a lot of the time we respond to people asking for us. They ask whether we are availiable and we respond.

The Point is we respond requested or not so that problems don't escalate Escalation is the worst thing.
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2010, 01:54:22 am »
Its good to see alot of people are showing postive interest in SRU, Keep up the good work
Retired Captain..

Offline Sushi

• Citizen
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2010, 07:38:17 am »
Jimmy, you put Capital Letters In The Weirdest Places. Either way, yes we respond to things that other officers may not be trained for. Such as 30 armed suspects rushing out of a building at once. Bugger me.

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2010, 07:46:11 am »
Jimmy, you put Capital Letters In The Weirdest Places. Either way, yes we respond to things that other officers may not be trained for. Such as 30 armed suspects rushing out of a building at once. Bugger me.

You know what?
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal