| Date: 01-10-24  Time: 06:23 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 322
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: ACSD's "Pull to the RIGHT, or get a CITE" Campaign  (Read 6038 times)

Offline JamesWilson

• Citizen
Re: ACSD's "Pull to the RIGHT, or get a CITE" Campaign
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2010, 15:49:12 pm »
I will admit, last night when I was off duty a cop car flew past me C3 and I didn't realize he was there until he was right on top of me, But still, some people ram cops on purpose, and then give you some bullshit lag reason even though it's like 20-something people on the server. I only give those tickets to those people.

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2010, 21:34:52 pm »
Nice idea Rory. You have the full support and assistance of the San Andreas Traffic Control in this as well. Just let us know if you need any help with it.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2010, 23:45:28 pm »
  The Sheriffs right of way rule:

"If it's their vehicle is bigger: Move out the way!"

Anyway. I do not completely understand this campaign. Is it 1)to enforce people driving on the right side, or is it 2) enforcing people to pull over to the right when a cop is shouting "Move outa the way Police coming through!"? (Code 3)

If it is the first, that is understandable. If it is the second, I think it might be a bit silly. What would you do? Stop your pursuit to go kick a granny to the wall who didn't move over for you? Chase down that ambulance driver that got in your way with blood on your hands from your previous shootout? ?
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2010, 03:08:24 am »
  The Sheriffs right of way rule:

"If it's their vehicle is bigger: Move out the way!"

Anyway. I do not completely understand this campaign. Is it 1)to enforce people driving on the right side, or is it 2) enforcing people to pull over to the right when a cop is shouting "Move outa the way Police coming through!"? (Code 3)

If it is the first, that is understandable. If it is the second, I think it might be a bit silly. What would you do? Stop your pursuit to go kick a granny to the wall who didn't move over for you? Chase down that ambulance driver that got in your way with blood on your hands from your previous shootout? ?
So you're saying it's fine for cars to completely ignore the lights and sirens that were put in place for a reason? The reason why it is made illegal is so that people will be persuaded, or if by law, forced to pull over and stop to allow emergency services to quickly get by. Think about an ambulance for a moment. It has a patient in the back that is about to die. It is rolling Code 3, and no one will move. Now imagine you are that same patient. Would you rather die because such a simple law is not enforced? How about if your house is on fire, or someone is trying to break into it to kill you. Firefighters and police would be powerless to get there faster than any other vehicle. It exists for a reason. Why have lights and sirens if they have no purpose?...

Offline Panda

• Citizen
  • Since May '07.
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2010, 04:04:09 am »
Luckily those are real life situations, and this is a game.
Officer "Panda" Ryuzaki

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2010, 04:30:53 am »
Its a game called GTA SA:MP which has sync and lag issues
Retired Captain..

Offline RoryAnstruther

• Citizen
  • Safety, Service and Security.
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2010, 04:52:10 am »
Its a game called GTA SA:MP which has sync and lag issues

I'm pretty sure when I'm following someone for 10 minutes behind them, they know I'm there.

One thing that pisses me off, is no one will pull over until you do /m1 - /m1 is to help them realize you're there, it's not actually required.

Although, I'm not going to ticket them unless I also do /m1 and they still don't stop (or make it too obvious they were ignoring me until I did /m1)

And no, you're not going to stop what you're doing/responding to just to ticket them. This is more for like if an ambulance or fire truck can't go by them, or if another cop is running Code 3.. Not you. Obviously if you're Code 3, you're going to something more important.
Former SAPD Lieutenant
Currently attending academy in real life. Wishing everyone a good game, be safe, and enjoy life.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2010, 10:11:17 am »
I do not completely understand this campaign. Is it 1)to enforce people driving on the right side, or is it 2) enforcing people to pull over to the right when a cop is shouting "Move outa the way Police coming through!"? (Code 3)
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline candyman

• Citizen
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2010, 21:40:31 pm »
I do not completely understand this campaign. Is it 1)to enforce people driving on the right side, or is it 2) enforcing people to pull over to the right when a cop is shouting "Move outa the way Police coming through!"? (Code 3)

Offline Joseph_Allen

• [SA:MP] EX SAPD Senior Officer
  • Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2010, 09:49:43 am »
Can't hear? Here's a thought,  If you see an orange name go by, Really Really fast, pull the F**K over because more than likely there is one or more blue names right behind him.

And I dont care if it's powergaming, or metagaming or watever, but maybe if you see a orange dot on your radar maybe go the other way, or A better Idea, STOP, if you think that the cop can just go around, when you get hit, and the cop is knocked out of the chase, I really don't want to hear lag ram excuses.

That would be a good idea, only, the problem is common sense which most people are woefully lacking in. [No names PL0X]

Argonath would be a better place if everyone had even a shred of it ;].

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal