| Date: 05-10-24  Time: 19:39 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Womans in your city for night - Authentic Damsels by TechnoManiac98
[September 30, 2024, 10:52:51 am]

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 404
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: [Guide] Everday Usage with dealing with Suspects  (Read 9795 times)

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
Re: Experiences with Suspects as a Cop
« Reply #40 on: December 12, 2010, 22:59:25 pm »
I am just going to bump this as a reminder and for new cops. And could this go to Police Procedures and State Laws.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
Re: [Guide] Everday Usage with dealing with Suspects
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2010, 01:11:42 am »
B) Approach slowly with pepper spray to the suspect

C) Start spraying them until they surrender (/gu) and if you stop spraying make sure you have another unit out with a desert eagle.

D) If you stop spraying or run out of spray, they will attempt to shoot you with their combat.
  This is extremely bad attitude to roleplay and an offensive generalisation to all mafia roleplayers. You should try to roleplay arrest them, not keep pepperspraying them in the face going "/em gu" "/em gu" "/em gu". That is possible worst version of "roleplay" I have ever heard for a cop.

In the few cases where criminal does /hail, /hide, "I surrender" etc, they are classed as surrender and are not allowed - by server rules to fight or escape so you should /REPORT THEM - and they will be punished, usually with 5 minute admin jail, or weapon disarm, or tempban or even a ban depending on players...

SAPD's #1 priority is not roleplay ability, it is knowing the cop rules and protocal (RP skill is general learned afterwards through experience). Do not make it even worse by recommending other cops to do pathetic moves like those quoted. 

I am well aware I might have already mentioned these points previously in this old topic.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2010, 05:20:36 am »
Ok maybe things have changed since july or so, but today there was a suspect that did the same thing today. I am going to rewrite some of it because back then this happened a lot. I agree with you JcStodds I should've reread it.

Yes, I believe that you should /report if they say "I surrender" or have /hail and then they shoot you after that. 

Does it sound better now I edit it?

Offline Joseph_Allen

• [SA:MP] EX SAPD Senior Officer
  • Citizen
  • A Sane Man
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2010, 06:18:57 am »
If it helps, I never go on duty without a Partner. Once we're apprehending a suspect, one of us has his gun trained at the suspect and the other approaching slowly with pepper spray.

We give him a chance to surrender by telling him, if he doesn't comply then the one with the spray sprays the suspect just a little. Rinse or repeat, or you could try doing /me.

If the suspect tries to bail and shoot, that's what you got the partner for.

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal