| Date: 05-10-24  Time: 22:05 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Womans in your city for night - Authentic Damsels by TechnoManiac98
[September 30, 2024, 10:52:51 am]

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 414
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: [Guide] Everday Usage with dealing with Suspects  (Read 9805 times)

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
[Guide] Everday Usage with dealing with Suspects
« on: July 16, 2010, 09:16:31 am »
[This was Written Months Ago But Still Useful]

Introduction:
Hi, I am Senior Officer TinMan and I worked in the Department of LSPD for 6 months. Doing traffic stops and pursuits can be a stressful thing you can do. You can be paranoid easily and just kill everyone because you don’t want to take any more risks.  I don’t believe that should be the answer because we are here to serve and protect the citizen of Argonath.

Traffic stop:
The traffic stops with mafias are very hard to deal with because they either have 2 or more in their car with full armor, combat, m4, and semi-machine-gun (smg). Let's say you pulled over a mafia that was driving a sultan for reckless driving.  First thing you should do is call in backup on the radio until you have 2 or more cops. Then you should step out of the car and start the traffic stop. During the traffic stop, let's say one of them got out. I would immediately shout and aim towards the civilian to get back inside the car. Whenever a civilian exits the car without your permission it is a big threat. Then the passenger might be a smart ass by rolling down his window and shooting you. Those two can be minor issues if they can be avoided.  Another thing about a traffic stop is that you might have other people trying to interrupt it by ramming you or possibly try to shoot you. Always check your radar and look around you at all times that’s so no one can come up behind you. One time I had a civilian come up to me with a knife and cut my head off. That really made my day, so if you want to have a day without dying all ways check for oncoming situations.  Traffic stops are fast and easy if we take the right procedures.

Pursuit Tip:
The pursuits are extremely dangerous you may crash into a lot of things. Let's say you are in that pursuit with mafias driving their buffalo with 1 passenger inside shooting while the other one is driving. You’ll have a heck of a time trying to stop them. After your hard work they managed to flip their own vehicle, one mafia member runs to the left and the other one has their hands in the air. You already have 3 units on the other guy. What do you do?
You wouldn't go out for the guy that is running because you already have 3 units running after him. What I would do is not get close to the suspect with his hands in the air. They always have their combat in there ass waiting for you to approach them. If you do this will happen….
* TinMan cuffs th 
BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! You’re dead.

Avoid getting shot by doing this:
A) Type /em /gu or This is the police surrender!

B) Approach slowly with pepper spray to the suspect

C) Spray the suspect if they pull out a weapon, start to run, or doesn't comply. (Sometimes if you stop spraying the suspect make sure you have another unit out with a desert eagle. Because if you stop spraying or run out of spray, they will most likely attempt to shoot you with their combat.)

D) If so, take cover immediately, call for back up, and try to defend yourself until backup arrives.

(This doesn't apply to every suspect only the dangerous suspect that is killing cops)

Always be cautious whenever you approach a suspect with hands in the air. It is extremely dangerous. The reason is that they usually have combat waiting in their asses.

If they aren't much of a threat (no weapons or anything) and they have hands in the air, just role-play the cuffing. If they say in /em Resists the cuffing. Then spray him or beat him up with the nightstick until he complies or surrenders.  The main reason why they resist is because they don’t want to surrender, yet. They still want to continue the hot pursuit and try to evade the cops. At that time when you are seeing the symptoms of the suspect resisting or stalling there possibly waiting for a person picking them up.  To avoid these things always check your radar and keep an officer stand by. Then spray or use non-lethal weapons on him until he surrenders. If the suspect escapes you are back to square one…the pursuit.

Suspect Surrenders:
Once the suspect surrenders get him into a car always be alert of the suspect in the back of your car. He might be hiding something from you or doing something bad when you’re not paying any attention. Eventually, you’ll make your way to the police department. If the suspect is really pissed off, he has combat in hands, and no administrators online. Just take the protocol that he might do something stupid or rule break. We all know the rules that you can’t attack after they surrender, but if no one is watching they will attempt it. It doesn’t happen very much but sometimes you have to watch out. I am just stating this because I don’t want anything officers getting killed this way.

Conclusion:   
I know that these tips are kind of old, but I like to make this stuff aware to the new members. When I first started, I had to learn everything by scratch. Hopefully, they can look at it and just be aware of this kind of stuff. We all hate it when they evade, shoot us, and even murder us. That is because we aren’t taking the right steps or procedures. Every reason why cops get killed can be avoided by taking the right actions and following orders.

I hope that we can take this into consideration and we can also discuss about stuff like this. If you have a tip or something that can help ARPD out alot please post it below and we can also discuss that.

Thank you for reading.

Signed,
Sr. Officer TinMan

Offline [R*]EliteTerm

• E-1337
  • Citizen
  • Tommy Vercetti, Remember the name!
    • Skype - eliteterm13
  • Badge-ID: #VC1337
Re: Experiences with Suspects as a Cop
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 09:27:37 am »
Whenever I am in a situation when suspects surrender, I'd force them to make them lay down while I have my gun out and aiming at him. I suppose it's effective..

Offline TinMan

• Citizen
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:28:58 am »
Whenever I am in a situation when suspects surrender, I'd force them to make them lay down while I have my gun out and aiming at him. I suppose it's effective..

Yea that can work to. There are alot of ways to avoid it. I just prefer approaching them with spray that's so I know he can't move.

Offline [R*]EliteTerm

• E-1337
  • Citizen
  • Tommy Vercetti, Remember the name!
    • Skype - eliteterm13
  • Badge-ID: #VC1337
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 09:44:06 am »
Overall, great post. Should help in certain cases.

:app:

Offline Mahome

• Citizen
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 10:33:10 am »
I always carry combat shotgun and armour, and I rarely get killed in 1 v 1 gun fight which includes combat. It's a lot harder on 2 v 1 so it's just best to stand back and call backup.

Don't give a shit medal x9000

Sago

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2010, 10:34:18 am »
Criminals don't dare pull a gun on me!   :box:

Offline TinMan

• Citizen
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2010, 12:09:05 pm »
I always carry combat shotgun and armour, and I rarely get killed in 1 v 1 gun fight which includes combat. It's a lot harder on 2 v 1 so it's just best to stand back and call backup.
Yep. Especially if it is 2 Gvardias that can call more backup on there own.

Criminals don't dare pull a gun on me!   :box:
Yea we know kirby... :D

Offline Edward Miller

• Citizen
  • Officer Edward Miller
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2010, 12:31:01 pm »
combat - bad

Offline TinMan

• Citizen
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2010, 12:33:40 pm »
Combat isn't bad you just have to know how to use it. It is good for those laggy people, and I know another trick that beats laggy people.
Combat= Good, but it is a weapon and you can't blame it. It's the people that use the weapon.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 17:21:19 pm »
  I am one of those guys who don't use pepperspray or don't care about /gu ever. In the situation outlined I would try to shout sense into them. I may even throw my cuffs to them and tell them to put them on themselves. Otherwise I may threaten to shoot their legs clean off (and may do this) to dissuade them from fighting or running.

Sometimes shit happens of course, but it is a more fun experience for myself and the criminal player when things go well.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline TinMan

• Citizen
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 17:47:36 pm »
  I am one of those guys who don't use pepperspray or don't care about /gu ever. In the situation outlined I would try to shout sense into them. I may even throw my cuffs to them and tell them to put them on themselves. Otherwise I may threaten to shoot their legs clean off (and may do this) to dissuade them from fighting or running.

Sometimes shit happens of course, but it is a more fun experience for myself and the criminal player when things go well.

I wouldn't just shoot sense into them people now days are F8 trigger happy, and if they see you doing that without warning that you are going to shoot that is considered as SAPD Corruption.

Lol throw cuffs at them and tell them to cuff themselves. <---That's funny

I understand that some people don't use pepper spray, and there are alot of ways to approach this scene for like Elite Term stated he could just take them all and call backup just incase he needs help. But, you know everyone has there own opinion.  :cop:

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2010, 17:51:40 pm »
  If i'm going to shoot someone in the leg, of course I will warn them first, to give them the chance to RP getting shot in the leg - or what would be the point in aiming for the leg in the first place?

Cops can be too intimidating and too many have the attitude "I am the all powerful cop, do as I say or die". I try give them RP options and not all involve me winning, but I get more fun out of it anyway.
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline TinMan

• Citizen
« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2010, 18:04:32 pm »
Yea, I understand Jcstodds. I am mostly talking about Gvardia people now if it was someone else it is fine. But Gvardia has hands in the air and then pull a combat out of there ass and just shoot without even making an effort to roleplay. Cops are just getting paranoid with that I would be like do as I say or die. You know what I mean?

Offline Ed_Lane

• Citizen
« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2010, 19:15:30 pm »
Tinman i am glad you never used "RP" and "Gvardia" in the same sentence
Never forget...

Fidelis ad Mortem
San Andreas County Services

Offline JayL

• MTA:SA Division Leader
  • Citizen
« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2010, 19:24:02 pm »
No, nowadays they ain't even doing the /hail + combat shotgun trick, they're now screaming ''f**k off I don't want to RP with DMers.''
Chief of Police Jay Lincoln
San Fierro Police Department

Offline TinMan

• Citizen
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2010, 19:49:51 pm »
No, nowadays they ain't even doing the /hail + combat shotgun trick, they're now screaming ''f**k off I don't want to RP with DMers.''
The Gvardia's do both whatever they prefer to do. They are just both type of ways for them to stall that's so they can call there buddies for a ride.

Offline Oliver Daniels

• Citizen
  • Proudly protecting the community
« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2010, 23:33:16 pm »
Gvardias are just the criminal version of the majority of cops, perhaps even a little better.

Offline ElMartu

• Citizen
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2010, 23:42:33 pm »
The Gvardia's do both whatever they prefer to do. They are just both type of ways for them to stall that's so they can call there buddies for a ride.

Not a good idea to insult every Gvardia member on a public forum

Offline Wayne

• SA-MP Admin
  • Citizen
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2010, 23:55:33 pm »
Quit the gvardia talk before i talk with your department leader.
these words can get you fired from sapd, or even, banned from server!

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2010, 00:54:46 am »
HI GVARDIA

Retired Captain..

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal