| Date: 02-10-24  Time: 04:36 am
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Womans in your city for night - Authentic Damsels by TechnoManiac98
[September 30, 2024, 10:52:51 am]

Search Beautiful Womans in your town for night - Verified Maidens by saqibkhan
[September 23, 2024, 07:17:12 am]

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 227
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Colors.  (Read 8364 times)

Offline Hank_Rafferty

• Citizen
Re: Colors.
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2010, 22:14:45 pm »
In this case... not the SAPD chiefs decide. The Owners, and the SAMP Developers decided to remove the colour difference... because the freecops were threated badly, and people refused to roleplay with them. The question is, did anything changed in this year with being "equal"?

" Knowing is not enough we must apply
                 Willing is not enough we must do. ,,   -B.L.

Offline Allison

• Citizen
  • SA-MP: Alicia Ross
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 22:24:50 pm »
I have really seen no change in this color idea for "equality". Therefore I must agree on this.

Offline Boozman

• [Retired] Academy Chief
  • Citizen
  • "Summum ius, summa iniuria"
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 22:26:51 pm »
Freecops are still treate the same way, that hasn't nor will it ever change.
In a sense, were not equal. We put in time and dedication to make an appliction and pass the exam. Freecops have to do nothing more then type /duty. And now there is little to no difference in a Freecop and an Officer other then the fact that you are to take orders from command.

We used to be rewarded for spending that time in th application. Thing like the dark blue and frisk and smg.

Former LSPD Lieutenant, Academy Chief, Application Manager, SWAT Team Leader
Served August 10th, 2009 - June 10th, 2011;

Awards Achieved
Meritorious Service Medal x4
Community Policing Medal x1
Cadet of the Month (August '09)
The Vincent A. Vice 'Pat-on-the-Back' Award x1

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 22:36:00 pm »
Agreed with most replies.

In this case... not the SAPD chiefs decide. The Owners, and the SAMP Developers decided to remove the colour difference... because the freecops were threated badly, and people refused to roleplay with them. The question is, did anything changed in this year with being "equal"?

In my opinion, no. There are many other ways to deal with disrespect towards freecops.. I honestly don't see anymore "equality", just less respect for all cops overall...

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Leroy Hudson

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 00:01:47 am »
I honestly don't see anymore "equality", just less respect for all cops overall...

Wise words, this is true.

Offline JayL

• MTA:SA Division Leader
  • Citizen
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 01:00:43 am »
I do agree that we are quite limited to the usual boring gunfights. This needs to be changed, although I don't really care if we get colors or not. I just want to see this solved.
Chief of Police Jay Lincoln
San Fierro Police Department

Sago

« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 01:38:17 am »

Im not going to say this nicely, the point of the colors was to make us equal. Unfortunately we are all treated like shit today.

Offline Hidduh

• Citizen
    • Skype - HidArgonath
  • Badge-ID: #E-003
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 02:28:50 am »
For the first time in my like I have to agree with Kirby. Although it's just a color it represents something. I remember when I was a SAPD applicant.. The color showed that you achieved something. And about the freecops being disrespected; it's not about the rank, it's about their way of roleplaying and since some of them are new, people start sh*tting on them just be cause they are new to roleplay and they need to learn from step one.

Freecops have no rules (besides server & cop rules) and SAPD has. Is THAT what makes a freecop (as some of you state it) a 'f*ing abuser n**b'? Yes there are people which abuse on the server but there are NO abusers and NO n**bs. Some of them abuse because they are new here! Just imagine this.. You registered on the server, you read the server rules, grab a car and ask in main chat 'How do I go on police duty?'. People refuse to answer or simply ignore you. After asking the same question a couple of times all over again some start moaning 'omfg stop spam'. Help them instead of moaning at them. Once they are on cop duty, most of the newbies have totally no idea what's legal and illegal here. They pull you over and issue you a ticket for $5000 due to speeding. You can choose between the following;

1) Pay the ticket, and keep roleplaying.
2) Say 'ZOMG'' in main chat and start moaning with caps on 'OMG THIS COP ISSUE ME TICKET 5K!!11!!11!ONEOENEOENOENE!1!!'
2b) Get suspected for failure to pay a citation and keep moaning in main chat ''OMG IM NOW SUSPECTED!!!!! ADMIN HELP ABUSE!!!''
3) Explain him that there's a limit for issuing tickets.
4) Shoot him in the face, flame and flip him off and drive off.

Just because they are new here it doesn't mean they are braindead. If you chose 2 or 4, then you may need to read the rules again. Just pay the ticket and keep roleplaying or tell him the regulations on ticketing instead which is the most smart option to choose. This way a newbie can turn into a successfull police officer, if YOU explain him what to do. If he abuses on purpose, there is a /report function for that. Use it for the love of god instead of moaning. Now don't tell me you can't imagine this, YOU were exactly the same when you started here. YOU didn't knew the laws and regulations on your first day.

How did YOU felt when you were being flamed at while being a newbie? Sucks doesn't it? So CHANGE your attitude and HELP newbies for the love of Sauron. ASSIST them and LEARN them how to roleplay and how to be a good cop. YES it takes some time, so what? Before you even know they'll apply for SAPD and maybe you'll see him as SAPD sergeant in about a year.  The color wasn't responsible for that as I said. The problem is the rank 'freecop' at all and not some silly color. Almost all cops are treated like sh*t and some color doesn't change that.. In my opinion they'll should get reintroduced..

Think about it and wait before moaning.. Learn the guy instead of b*tching at him. Amen.

Offline Badandy

• Citizen
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 03:02:21 am »
When I was just starting off as a Freecop, I saw other Officers with Blue Names (I thought it was FBI with the Blue Names) now i know it was ARPD with it, I like Dark Blue :)

Police Officer III Andrew Badden
Internal Affairs Investigator
San Andreas Police Department "to protect and serve"

Sago

« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2010, 05:53:31 am »
Hopefully the owners will realize the impact of the change.

Offline Sushi

• [SA:MP] Sushi
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #A2
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2010, 06:52:22 am »
I guess the whole thing about not forcing RP is a big determining factor in the colours and /frisk.

We've read that if you commit a crime you are to RP because since you have broken the RP law you have engaged in RP yourself. The problem was, some freeofficers were representing others at the same rank in a bad light and therefore people generalized the entire rank, which was uncalled for.

Our ranks though, are thinning, we are losing people regularly and as I stated before, we are running out of people qualified to fill their positions.
Slow is smooth, smooth is fast and fast is lethal.

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2010, 13:08:40 pm »
Perhaps make a petition? (Poll) and present to the courts in a show of support?
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline [Rstar]Vince

• [SA:MP] Retired Deputy Chief
  • Citizen
  • Il Duce
« Reply #32 on: October 06, 2010, 13:14:56 pm »

If anyone thought the "CLOSE SRU" poll was bad, just wait until they see this one... :devroll: (assuming a poll does happen)

SAPD Deputy Chief
2007 - 2011

Offline Sushi

• Citizen
« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2010, 13:17:37 pm »
I never saw the "CLOSE SRU POLL" can someone link me up please? It makes me sad hearing it =[

Offline Leroy Hudson

• [SA:MP] Retired Chief
  • Citizen
« Reply #34 on: October 06, 2010, 14:38:52 pm »
I agree with most peoples replies here. The colors aren't such a big thing, but what they meant, made it seem special. That small ounce of achievement, made, in changing of color as you progress, was a motivation, for a lot of officers.

Sago

« Reply #35 on: October 06, 2010, 15:12:59 pm »

The civilians don't have a decision in the colors. They are for us, not them. Why give them a choice?

Offline Jcstodds

• The Sheriff
  • [V:MP] Chief of Police
  • [R*]
« Reply #36 on: October 06, 2010, 16:38:18 pm »
The civilians don't have a decision in the colors. They are for us, not them. Why give them a choice?
  Well, I think you are missing the point. You could show the results to anyone who you think would benefit the most, such as the Server owners or the chief, or through the courts as a last resort. It is just one way to gather a collective and quantitative argument to present your case. Of course you would do the poll in SAPD briefing so only Officers + can vote, and you could then show it to whoever.

Or are you expecting someone to read through this entire topic and counting how many people support? Make it simple for them :) make a poll!
LSPD Chief Stodds

Offline Sushi

• Citizen
« Reply #37 on: October 06, 2010, 23:24:48 pm »
Poll or petition perhaps? Getting 'signatures' might be good, to see who supports it.

Offline Boozman

• [Retired] Academy Chief
  • Citizen
  • "Summum ius, summa iniuria"
« Reply #38 on: October 06, 2010, 23:26:33 pm »
  Well, I think you are missing the point. You could show the results to anyone who you think would benefit the most, such as the Server owners or the chief, or through the courts as a last resort. It is just one way to gather a collective and quantitative argument to present your case. Of course you would do the poll in SAPD briefing so only Officers + can vote, and you could then show it to whoever.

Or are you expecting someone to read through this entire topic and counting how many people support? Make it simple for them :) make a poll!
This is a public forum posted in a public section, why can't it remain here?
It would save time and the moaning of helpless criminals looking to start a fight with the cops.

Former LSPD Lieutenant, Academy Chief, Application Manager, SWAT Team Leader
Served August 10th, 2009 - June 10th, 2011;

Awards Achieved
Meritorious Service Medal x4
Community Policing Medal x1
Cadet of the Month (August '09)
The Vincent A. Vice 'Pat-on-the-Back' Award x1

Offline SKenney

• (SAPD) Retired Lieutenant
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: A5050-CS
« Reply #39 on: October 07, 2010, 00:59:27 am »
A poll or signature type deal is useless in these situations anyway.

It should be that this is noticed as a problem and something should be done about it. The Owners, who of course have all say in anything, should come to common grounds that the police would like their colors back. It should be noticed that SAPD members are leaving and the organization is getting smaller. Its really an Ownership deal with this. Hopefully they can be convinced this would be for the best.
Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13
Former,
Los Santos Police Department

Lieutenant

information
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal