| Date: 20-09-24  Time: 22:22 pm
collapse

* User Info

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

* Recent Posts

Find Pretty Womans from your city for night by TheRock
[August 30, 2024, 06:15:49 am]

New Ownership of Argonath RPG by Jcstodds
[August 14, 2024, 21:48:55 pm]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Tom Adams
[August 16, 2023, 11:28:58 am]

Re: ARPD Promotions & Awards by Shen
[August 12, 2023, 10:05:10 am]

Re: San Andreas Police Department | Recruitment Process [MUST BE READ] by Shen
[August 10, 2023, 16:56:52 pm]

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 146
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

* Search

Author Topic: Police radio - Cooperating ARPD.  (Read 6670 times)

Offline Ronnel

• President
  • Administrator
Re: Police radio - Cooperating ARPD.
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2010, 17:22:04 pm »
I use both, maybe we need chiefs to enforce it into stricter law.
Yes. Even if you can't speak, you can still listen. If ARPD is willing to mandate this as an agency policy, then I will gladly do the same with ARFD. It would promote better cooperation within departments, and with outside law enforcement and emergency service agencies.

Honestly if everyone can see both the /r radio and hear the TS speech, then there shouldn't be an issue. You can keybind to allow for multiple channels, in which case restrictions can be set for only one user to speak at a time. This would prevent spams of speech, and would allow for situations that call for it to apply to it's respectful radio system.
There are a couple police officers playing on Argonath with a serious hearing problem. That's one of the reasons why the TS thing is not manditory. That's why it probably never will be aswell.
Instead of making it mandatory, I would rather move away from TS. Not only does it seem to be a source of various problematic incidents, also it does not offer the amount of logging sometimes needed to solve an incident.

Offline JayL

• MTA:SA Division Leader
  • Citizen
« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2010, 17:27:57 pm »
Instead of making it mandatory, I would rather move away from TS. Not only does it seem to be a source of various problematic incidents, also it does not offer the amount of logging sometimes needed to solve an incident.

Very true. People can (and DO) exploit the logging limitations of TeamSpeak to break rules...
Chief of Police Jay Lincoln
San Fierro Police Department

Offline Hank_Rafferty

• Citizen
« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2010, 17:36:34 pm »
The new rule will promoting the main radio (/r).

" Knowing is not enough we must apply
                 Willing is not enough we must do. ,,   -B.L.

Offline Kenny

• Citizen
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2010, 18:46:03 pm »
How is TS the main problem?

If you are on the streets of san andreas alot of the times you would realise that things happen so fast on the streets and the radio will jus cause us more delays on doing our job.

Usually on TS 1 guy updates TS units while his partner types on radio letting other units know.

TeamSpeak isnt the problem, its just how its used by the officer on patrol.
Retired Captain..

Offline Ronnel

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2010, 18:49:59 pm »

If you are on the streets of san andreas alot of the times you would realise that things happen so fast on the streets and the radio will jus cause us more delays on doing our job.

Usually on TS 1 guy updates TS units while his partner types on radio letting other units know.

TS is not a general option for all players, TS is an added facility that is not a direct part of the game. Communication should be in such a way that it allows for all players to be involved. As long as there is no native TS (or other voice server) support, it should never be a requirement to be in any group or department.

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2010, 19:13:30 pm »
I want to see If I can help with this..

How about Departments have their CB channels but they are only used for.. Meetings, General Discussion, Specilized patrols (USM, SRU, and SILVER) and for announcments. Then we require all department leaders to take it among them selves to not allow their units to call backup in the /CB or to report a Presuit or traffic stop in the CB but in the Police Radio ((/r))

And I do believe TS is helpful though especially with SFPD we have a low staff but when we have 5 or 6 members on they are all in ts and even without mic's they use /cb to respond and it helps us to get to know eachother on a better personal and professional level.
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Offline Cyril

• SA:MP Division Leader
  • Citizen
« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2010, 19:40:25 pm »
TS -> Faster communication -> More efficient -> the suspect will be intercepted faster too and more lives will be saved.

/r -> Slow, too many flooding due to /p and some useless talking in /r that make it boring to read all the time.

Offline Chief J. Schappell

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #ARPD565
« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2010, 20:43:47 pm »

TS is not a general option for all players, TS is an added facility that is not a direct part of the game. Communication should be in such a way that it allows for all players to be involved. As long as there is no native TS (or other voice server) support, it should never be a requirement to be in any group or department.
Speak with the scripters. I know they found a way to play the Argonath Radio through the game directly, so maybe there is a way to link the TeamSpeak server's audio in the same way. ;)
If that was true, you could have commands that link to channels, or an overall radio. Then you just make it on by default for cops, and they can listen regardless of having the software or not. If they wish to speak, then they can get the software. This way it doesn't force users to have extra software, but still promotes them to want to get it on their own and use it.

Offline Ronnel

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: November 16, 2010, 21:53:40 pm »
I want to see If I can help with this..

How about Departments have their CB channels but they are only used for.. Meetings, General Discussion, Specilized patrols (USM, SRU, and SILVER) and for announcments. Then we require all department leaders to take it among them selves to not allow their units to call backup in the /CB or to report a Presuit or traffic stop in the CB but in the Police Radio ((/r))

And I do believe TS is helpful though especially with SFPD we have a low staff but when we have 5 or 6 members on they are all in ts and even without mic's they use /cb to respond and it helps us to get to know eachother on a better personal and professional level.
Regarding communications, it is imperative that new players understand the level of professionalism and see what is happening. By allowing any SAPD group to separate them selves from the main means of communication for the police, this group is depriving them selves of the potential to display their work for a large audience.

Using CB for meetings or fun (as /r should be kept to reasonable standards of professionalism) is no problem, however special groups that are part of SAPD should be required to use /r in order to show their skills.

Offline Ronnel

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2010, 21:55:34 pm »
TS -> Faster communication -> More efficient -> the suspect will be intercepted faster too and more lives will be saved.

/r -> Slow, too many flooding due to /p and some useless talking in /r that make it boring to read all the time.
TS - out of reach of new players and server admins
/r - logged

Offline James Bowling

• Violence of Action.
  • Citizen
  • Follow Me If I Fall Continue Forward
  • Badge-ID: 10 David
  • SA-MP: James_Bowling
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 22:43:20 pm »
Regarding communications, it is imperative that new players understand the level of professionalism and see what is happening. By allowing any SAPD group to separate them selves from the main means of communication for the police, this group is depriving them selves of the potential to display their work for a large audience.

Using CB for meetings or fun (as /r should be kept to reasonable standards of professionalism) is no problem, however special groups that are part of SAPD should be required to use /r in order to show their skills.

I agree.. But my only issue with using /r sir is that when you are in a training or something you dont want to be saying.

/r Aight ready
/r Yall go left
/r 3
/r 2
/r 1
/r BREACH
/r Clear right
/r clear the left
/r WATCH YOUR BACK

We would end up spamming the chat.. I will try to encourage SILVER to use the /r more sir though.
Retired SA:MP Admin
Retired SWAT Commander
Retired SFPD Captain / Chief

Dave

« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2010, 22:45:01 pm »

I agree.. But my only issue with using /r sir is that when you are in a training or something you dont want to be saying.

/r Aight ready
/r Yall go left
/r 3
/r 2
/r 1
/r BREACH
/r Clear right
/r clear the left
/r WATCH YOUR BACK

We would end up spamming the chat.. I will try to encourage SILVER to use the /r more sir though.

It's a fast breach and clear....hell i'm not using /r when giving out commands. If you want to use /r or /cb, then someone will have to relay the commands for me. I don't have time to type when leading a fireteam.

Offline TinMan

• [SA:MP]Mulholland Intersection Protector
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: #5075
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2010, 23:16:55 pm »
Anybody can connect to teamspeak and listen to the other cops call in pursuits, shoot-outs, and more. All players can connect to Teamspeak but they can just listen and not talk. Eventually, the player will end up buying a microphone that so he can communicate. Teamspeak is not the problem. Teamspeak is fast to communicate, so don't give me this bull crap. I use the police radio and everything. The only problem is updating the pursuit. That is where /area comes in, and if the suspect surrenders just simply say on the radio 10-15. Then all the units will stop /area 'ing the suspect.

Teamspeak is the best and fast communication system, so we need to keep it.

Thanks, thats all I have to say.

Offline Ronnel

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2010, 23:47:52 pm »

/r Aight ready
/r Yall go left
/r 3
/r 2
/r 1
/r BREACH
/r Clear right
/r clear the left
/r WATCH YOUR BACK

Please learn comprehensive reading. I never mentioned it is disallowed to use CB for trainings.
However there has been a tendency to exclude others than the direct group from all communications, and that tendency has been hurting ARPD as a whole.

Offline Ronnel

• President
  • Administrator
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2010, 23:49:28 pm »
Anybody can connect to teamspeak and listen to the other cops call in pursuits, shoot-outs, and more. All players can connect to Teamspeak but they can just listen and not talk. Eventually, the player will end up buying a microphone that so he can communicate. Teamspeak is not the problem. Teamspeak is fast to communicate, so don't give me this bull crap. I use the police radio and everything. The only problem is updating the pursuit. That is where /area comes in, and if the suspect surrenders just simply say on the radio 10-15. Then all the units will stop /area 'ing the suspect.

Teamspeak is the best and fast communication system, so we need to keep it.

Thanks, thats all I have to say.
However as there are on average 50 cops and 10 cop users in TS, that means 40 players have no idea you are in pursuit. That is a larger problem as having to type.

Offline Mack

• [V:MP] Marshall Garner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: 107
  • SA-MP: Sophie_Miles
  • IV:MP: Mack
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2010, 07:13:37 am »
Well... I do agree here. I see a solution to this, which would be to patrol in pairs. The operator would have to operate and update both /r and TS from each cruiser, to entire SAPD.
TS is actually needed, cause now days all suspects are in infernus, we cant even catchup with buffalo. By the time you leave the accelrator to type /r - you've lost visual. So I guess patrol partners are a real necessity with this rule.
LSPD Academy Leader - Sergeant Marshall Garner
Los Santos Police Department
---
Ex SAPD Academy Interviewer+Instructor & Ex SWAT Operative

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2010, 07:25:30 am »
I love how my suggestion was completely ignored. :(

Offline Mack

• [V:MP] Marshall Garner
  • Citizen
  • Badge-ID: 107
  • SA-MP: Sophie_Miles
  • IV:MP: Mack
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2010, 07:37:05 am »
Aragorn told that TS is not official.. maybe thats why :>
Have a muffin! :)
LSPD Academy Leader - Sergeant Marshall Garner
Los Santos Police Department
---
Ex SAPD Academy Interviewer+Instructor & Ex SWAT Operative

• ARFD Commissioner
  • Citizen
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2010, 08:43:25 am »
Aragorn told that TS is not official.. maybe thats why :>
Have a muffin! :)
Have a cookie! Ronnel=Gandalf, RON=Aragorn ;)

And my suggestion meant no one would be forced to use TS

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal